The series will begin production this October in Budapest, Hungary, for a 2019 premiere. The upcoming season explores international crisis and hostage negotiating as Luke Roberts’ Eric Beaumont and his elite team resolve the most difficult kidnap and ransom cases.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* Vinessa Antoine is leaving General Hospital as she prepares to star in the Canadian drama Diggstown. Her GH character Jordan Ashford will be recast, Soap Opera Digest reports.
View this post on Instagram
There are so many people that God put into place who are directly and indirectly responsible for my time at @generalhospitalabc You know who you are. I thank you. I came into this world as an artist. My job is to create and inspire. I hope that I did that a little in playing #JordanAshford. I believe that I have taken her as far as I can. To clarify, as negotiations for #Diggstown were underway, although I am open to stay and play in Port Charles, I was told by my reps that @GeneralHospital felt that my character would be off the canvas for too long for me to continue playing her. With that, we decided to mutually part ways. It’s time to make room for more women of color in prominent roles on television. I’m grateful to assist in that by starting this new chapter in my journey. I hope you’ll all come along. I feel blessed. Be well. xo
* Tracy Morgan (30 Rock) will lend his voice to two episodes of The Simpsons‘ 30th season, first playing himself in a heavenly scene and then making a cameo as a tow truck driver who crosses paths with Homer and Marge, EW.com reports.
* American Horror Story has tapped Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman (UnREAL) and Kyle Allen (The Path) as guest stars in the Murder House/Coven crossover season, per Deadline. No characters details are available yet.
* Zoey Deutch (Ringer) has joined Ryan Murphy’s hourlong Netflix comedy series The Politician, starring Ben Platt.
* The Flash‘s Danielle Panabaker will make her directorial debut with a Season 5 episode of the CW drama, ETOnline.com reports.
* Nick Cannon will host the 2018 Teen Choice Awards, airing live Sunday, Aug. 12 at 8 pm ET (and on tape-delay PT) on Fox.
* Christine Evangelista (The Arrangement) will co-star in USA Network’s crime thriller pilot Erase as the eldest child of Denis Leary and Callie Thorne’s characters, per Deadline.
* Nic Bishop (Covert Affairs), Annabella Sciorra (The Sopranos), Molly Hagan (iZombie) and Tami Roman (Basketball Wives) will recur in Apple’s upcoming thriller drama series Are You Sleeping, headlined by Octavia Spencer and Lizzy Caplan, per Deadline.
Which of today’s TVLine Items piques your interest?