Can The Affair make viewers forget about its polarizing third season?
Showtime has dropped the first full-length trailer for Season 4, and there’s a lot to unpack — so much so that we’ve decided to break it down, bullet-by-bullet:
* Noah, Helen and Vic have all moved to sunny Los Angeles.
* Helen is either experiencing her first California earthquake… or having some sort of psychotic break.
* King-of-bad-decisions Noah is mixing business with pleasure and getting involved with his new boss (played by Shots Fired‘s Sanaa Lathan).
* Alison, meanwhile, is moving on with a former Marine named Ben (Iron Fist‘s Ramon Rodriguez).
* Cole is in full-on self-destruct mode. He tries to convince Luisa that he’s not going to leave her for Alison, then winds up in bed with a new woman (played by The Originals‘ Phoebe Tonkin).
* Noah at one point says, “72 hours and no one’s seen her. Police have declared her a missing person,” as glimpses of Helen, Alison and Luisa flash across the screen.
The Affair Season 4 premieres on Sunday, June 17 at 9/8c. Your thoughts on the new trailer?