Gotham Renewed Season 4 Fox

Gotham Renewed for Season 4 at Fox

Fox has put up the bat signal yet again and renewed Gotham for a fourth season, TVLine has learned.

Gotham this season has averaged 3.5 million total viewers and a 1.1 demo rating, down 15 and 20 percent from its sophomore run but on par with Monday-night companion Lucifer, which scored a renewal almost three months ago.

Gotham‘s Season 3 two-hour finale airs Monday, June 5, at 8/7c.

1. Lola says:

Hallelujah! More Joker please! I like seeing him and Bruce.

2. beth says:

wish that fox had kept sleepy hollow instead.

3. Nan says:

Why? This has been a terrible season …too much focus on Jim. Although I do love the penquin.

• lrdslvrhnd says:

Well, considering that Jim is nominally the main character about whom the show is supposed to be…

• Zzz says:

I thought the show would focus on Gotham. By that I mean Steve Gotham.

• Nan says:

Its supposed to be about Bruce Wayne. Jim’s storyline was too drawn out this season and he isn’t that great an actor

• Josh says:

No Jim Gordon was billed as the main character from the start

• lrdslvrhnd says:

Exactly. It was supposed to be the Jim Gordon Show, about his journey to Commissioner. Bruce was only thrown in because they realized that a show about Gotham that *didn’t* have Bruce would cause riots… and even then, he was originally supposed to simply be a recurring character. It was *never* supposed to be about his journey to becoming Batman.

• fernando933 says:

The show is about Jim Gordon. He’s the main focus on the show. It’s always been said before the show even started

4. T.W.S.S. says:

Renewal/cancellation season is the best season.

5. nabocane says:

6. Thank You. Love Gotham, great cast, very original.

7. clintbrew says:

i wonder if bruce will becomes batman in season 4

• Paul says:

I think they are starting to lean in that direction. I think they should either have it happen mid-season next year, or as the season finale/maybe series finale. I think him becoming Batman in the 4th season/series finale would make the most sense. It would have stripped syndication after the 4th season (88 episodes) assuming that it is picked up for a full season. Him becoming Batman would be a good end point, but could also setup for a shortened season 5 if Fox renews it for a season 5 as the finale. Fox doesn’t own the show and probably got a sweet deal from DC/WB. DC/WB will get most of the money from syndication.

• Michael Summerset says:

The show does tend to be leaning towards a Smallville approach to Batman. Like Smallville, I doubt we’ll see him suit up until the end, provided the show runs long enough.

8. Brian says:

Good!

9. Joey Padron says:

So happy the show is renewed for Season 4! Season 3 been really good so far. It’s great Fox now have 3 comic book shows on their network.

10. Larc says:

Great news! I was sweating this one.

11. fernando933 says:

So glad I thought for second they were going to let it go.

12. kirads09 says:

Yay! Very happy to hear this.

13. couch mom says:

My favorite two shows on Fox – Gotham and Lucifer both renewed. Yay!

14. Billy Bob Johnson says:

Great. More episodes like this season, please. I still would have liked having another season of Sleepy Hollow, too. But it’s Fox.

15. kmw says:

I knew FOX wouldn’t let this show go. It has been very consistent for them and is a good fit with Lucifer. I have a feeling both will be moved to Thursday next season. Right now surprisingly FOX is the network making all the right decisions

16. Michael Summerset says:

It’s not that big a surprise considering they already renewed Lucifer. But I hope they actually show new episodes during the full season rather than holding most of them for the fall and spring. Five months with only three new episodes is unacceptable.

• Jimmy says:

That was because of 24: Legacy this year. If that show gets renewed, hopefully they will find a more permanent time slot for it that doesn’t infringe on Gotham, because Gotham would have been back three months earlier if not for Legacy.

17. Wrstlgirl says:

I have mixed feelings about this. The Owl story line this season is terrible but I like Bruce and Selina so I keep watching. Wish there was more Alfred. Hopefully they will wrap up Jim’s arc and start with something new since it’s been renewed.

18. Tribal Mischief says:

I would never say its a good show, but its craziness is almost always amazingly watchable. I guess the best way to describe it is you see something crazy in Gotham and you smile and ask “What on earth were they on!?” whereas when you see something crazy on Sleepy Hollow you shake your head and ask “What were they thinking?”.

19. Jimmy says:

This is great news! Gotham really picked up after they did away with season 1’s case-of-the-week stories and focused on more serialized, season-long story arcs. Season 3 has been the best so far, especially with the resurrection of Jerome. Gotham really shines when Cameron Monaghan in on. I’m also really excited for Alexander Siddig’s debut as Ra’s Al Ghul and I can’t wait to explore this character more in season 4.

• Arshad says:

Agreed. He looks like he was born to play the role. I also want to see the Riddler and the Penguins finally face against each other…

20. Scott says:

The kid will be 17 by the end of next season. Just plausible enough for him to don the cowl.

21. KLS says:

Yeah! Gotham!

22. JMark (formerly JM) says:

Yes!!! I’m so happy! I love this show! I don’t understand people wanting to see more Bruce/Batman. This show has never been about him; it’s always been about Jim Gordon and Gotham. Besides, don’t we have enough movies about Batman to satisfy these people???