Prison Break Recap Sara vs Jacob

Prison Break Recap: Michael's 'Death' Is Explained — Plus: Sara Confronts Jacob

This week on Fox’s Prison Break, the “how” of the improbable TV revival was explained. Did Michael’s wild story pass the sniff test for you?

As Michael, Lincoln, Whip, Sid and Ja struggled to agree on how to cross the border, let alone actually do it — and all with a 10 million rial (~$40,000) bounty on their heads — Lincoln at one point, while holed up out of sight, pressed his brother for an answer to the question: How and why did was his years-ago death faked, leading to him again held prisoner in a Yemen prison?

Michael tried to put off the difficult conversation, but eventually could deny Linc any longer. Simply-ish said: After they thwarted The Company and turned Scylla over to the United Nations, Michael went about living the idyllic married life with Sara — only to quickly be alerted, by a powerful operative nicknamed Poseidon, that everyone’s exonerations were contingent on Michael doing the CIA’s bidding, under deep cover. Michael of course first balked at the suggestion, and that is what set in motion Sara’s incarceration for murder at the Miami-Dade State Penitentiary, proving that Poseidon meant business.

Michael’s death was then faked, after (or during) his springing Sara from the clink, ever since which he has been breaking assorted people of interest from prison, at the government’s whim.

Though not addressed at all, one could presume that the return of Michael’s fatal brain tumor, after Sara got sprung, was also part of the ruse…? [Shrug]

With that chunk of exposition tended to, headstrong Michael insisted that they make tracks for a train station, defying Lincoln’s druthers every step of the way. There, they run into a band of ISIL fighters, and just barely slip away — but are spotted by Sheba’s would-be rapist, Cyclops. He reports on the Westerners’ whereabouts, which sets the stage for an intense face-off at an abandoned hospital, where Michael, having led them to a dead-end, has a breakdown. Lincoln, though, pulls his beleaguered bro out of despair, while Ja of all people orchestrates their safe egress, by leading the fighters into one fiery booby trap.

Once outside, though, Cyclops shows up and gains the upper hand on Ja. Sid, having previously and unsuccessfully begged Whip to end his life (lest he be captured and subject to unspeakable punishments as a gay man), charges at Cyclops, saving Ja’s life while sacrificing his own. For good measure, Sid uses a pair of handcuffs he pinched earlier to anchor his dead body to wounded Cyclops’ own.

Michael, Lincoln, Whip and Ja then went with Plan B, racing to the airport, where C-Note and Sheba had eluded their own ISIL pursuers and convinced a fearing-for-his-own-life pilot to whisk them and the girls away via an old military plane. Alas, with troops closing in, Michael and Lincoln gave them the go-ahead to get airborne ASAP, leaving them behind, with no apparent alternate route to safety. (Am I the only one who thought it obvious from Episode 1 that Sucre will eventually pull up on a tramp steamer and offer his pals escape via the Arabian Sea?)

Elsewhere in the eventful hour, T-Bag tipped off Sara to the fact that her husband Jacob was spotted with Poseidon’s hitmen, Van Gogh and A&W. Just as Sara prepared to whisk herself and son Michael away, Jacob showed up and, once confronted, claimed that he merely had enlisted a university buddy to locate the people who had hacked her phone. Jacob then met with them to find out their “price” to cease stalking his wife. And yet crazier than that tale itself is the fact that it thus far appears to be true! Seeing as Jacob convinced Sara to meet him at the local cop shop, where she ID’d her home’s infiltrators from a line-up. (Or was Jacob(/Poseidon?) merely sacrificing two pawns to maintain his cover?)

What did you think of the episode “Contingency”?

1. Diane says:

Poor Sid. Sara didn’t believe Jacob. Sucre is so gonna save them.

2. Does anyone know which episode dominic got injured filming?

3. Wrstlgirl says:

I don’t trust Jacob one bit but now I’m starting to wonder if he’s to obvious, and is the best friend in on it too. Let’s face it, I don’t trust amy of them. And they are definitely saving Sucre for something big, right?!?!

4. Gary says:

The way they were talking about Poseidon, it wouldn’t surprise me if Michael is him.

• Wrstlgirl says:

I’m suspicious by nature so I feel like a twist is coming. Maybe he’s been one of his cellmates all along. Or maybe I just need to turn my brain off and shut up :-) :-)

5. Sheila says:

I agree that Sara did not buy what Jacob was selling. I don’t know what he messed up. Perhaps it was too neat.

6. Alex says:

Am I the only one disappointed in Michael’s genius this season? He honestly hasn’t done much of anything really clever at all. The explosion Ja did seemed like something Michael would’ve come up with. Everything Michael has been doing is failing. The most exciting things about Prison Break for me were the clever plans of Michaels…there’s 4 episodes left and I see no hope for anything amazing coming….excluding that I love this season so far. Some things I think they’re missing though….like Lincolns girl, Sophia!? What happened with them? Where’s LJ? What happened with C-Notes wife and daughter? They just let him go to Yemen and save Michael? What’s with Sucres Maricruz and daughter? So many questions unanswered.

• Beebee says:

On point. The very same questions have been bugging me.

• Tiffany says:

I was wondering the same thing especially about c-note as much as he tried to be with his family and sick daughter where are they now and when Michael and Lincoln speak of family not once do I here them speak of LJ

• Gospino says:

To be honest, the least said of the awful LJ, the better, for me. A throwaway line about him living wherever is the most I’d want.

• Alex says:

Glad I am not the only one! Despite thinking the writers dropped the ball on Michaels genius I trust them to at least answer a few of the questions about C-Note or Sophia.
        ALSO!! Does anybody think they will explain how Michael survived the electrocution? Least say it wasn’t enough to kill him. What about the brain tumor? That couldn’t have been apart of the faked death because his nose was bleeding again at the end of the series….soo…..maybe Sara will ask about it once they reunite? I could go on and on about this show! Sorry for my blabbing!
        Let’s hope it gets picked up for one last full season! There’s been conflicting reports on whether or not this event will be the end. I would love one last season with Mahone back. A season as good as one and two!

• Bert Milton says:

I’ve been more disappointed by how idiotic some of the things they’ve been doing are. They’re in Yemen, ISIS has taken over, they’re everywhere and they have a bounty on their heads. Yet they’ve done nothing to blend in with the locals at all. Lincoln is still wearing the same t-shirt, he stands out as a foreigner. They kill or knockout ISIS members, but never take their weapons to defend themselves or use their clothing to blend in with the locals, all common sense things anyone else would do. And to top it off, Lincoln let’s the one-eyed guy off for a second time, without killing him. He’ll kill anyone else in a heartbeat, but he seems to have a soft spot for one-eyed rapist/murder/terrorists.

• Patricia says:

Agreed. While I’ve been a huge Prison Break since Season 1 – there are too many holes in the cast story lines! After ALL they went thru to come back with no family storylines has been disappointing. I’m waiting on the old but so awesome storyline that kept me on the edge of my seat for 4 seasons.

7. Lysa says:

I know it’s a TV show, and some things I should just let go and enjoy the show, but there was a big issue with last night’s episode. After c-note had the plane and Michael and lync kept fighting about the plane or train, I said to my husband to bad they don’t have cell phones. Then at the end lync calls him and he’s like ya I have a plane, hurry! Did they have that phone the whole time?!?? Why didn’t cnote call him immediately. It also would have made sense if they found​ the phone or something, and maybe I missed something……but if not it is a pretty big issue for me….like I said I probably just need to not over think and enjoy the ride

• Diane says:

The cell phone is Ja’s.

• ashley says:

If I remember correctly they had the phone the whole time but it was dead. Once they got to the hospital Ja was charging the phone while he sat there drinking the rubbing alcohol and watching the Queen video.

8. Tiffany says:

I think Jacob is the one behind all this…….Getting Michael to fake his death so now that he sees Sara catching on he will do anything to convince her otherwise to maintain his cover because I don’t believe not for one second some trigger happy pair are not gon meet up and chat with the guy they just tried to kill its so much more to this story and I’m anxious for this future episodes I just can’t wait until Michael reunites with Sara and finally gets to meet his son

9. DD says:

“Getting people out of prison at the government’s whim” – Poseidon is not working for the government, he made his own cell within the CIA and has his own agenda!!! (Sounds a bit like Quantico Season 2)
    “Ja out of nowhere” – Back in prison, Michael said Ja was important for the escape. Maybe he sees things like Michael does…
    Cyclops wasn’t threatening Ja, he was calling his ISIL contacts to tell them Michael et al were heading for the airport. Sid stopped him from finishing the call.
    Sarah’s best friend is totally involved, right?
    Wasn’t my favorite episode, but loved that there were callbacks to the Season 1 finale: the handcuffs, the plane taking off over them!

10. NC says:

Alex Mahone is Poseidon……

11. Leesa says:

As usual last nights episode was great. I felt sorry for Sid but he wanted to rest in peace. It is just too bad Lincoln didn’t finish off the evil Cyclops! I do not trust Sara’s friend and I don’t trust Jacob either. I would love to see Alex Mahone and bad girl Gretchen/Susan back on the show. Looking forward to seeing what part Sucre plays in the upcoming episode and how Teddy’s high tech arm will be used to help out.

12. Dayna says:

I don’t believe Jacob. for a second and with only 4 episodes left the devil will be revelers. Additionally, after seeing the trailer for 5×6 with Micheal “dying”…..that’s just a ruse. He can’t go through 7 years and ND break out without even seeing his wife and son

13. Dominique says:

jacob is so clearly lying about everything. he had his own cell within the CIA, i’m sure he’s got the cops in his pocket as well. the two assassins were merely pawns easily sacrificed.
    i don’t trust sara’s best friend either.
    and i’m sorry but WTH is sucre??? he’s only briefly been in the first episode and now he’s been absent for four of them in a row.

14. poke says:

Guys, Sara had the tracker in her hand. She put the track on him when she hugged him. I thought it was obvious.

15. Pam BETTS says:

You guys need an app! Love your website!

16. Vampire_Diaries_Suck says:

Sarah is so dumb to believe Jacob. It’s so obvious he’s crooked.

17. Nurie N says:

I wish the main master mind Poseidon should be a woman….it will be nice to see micheal to deal with a woman………

18. Deiter Wasniack says:

I can’t stand this…. I can’t believe I’ve even watched these 5 episodes. It’s SO…. bad. The point that pissed me off the most this episode honestly is this “10 Million Rial” being a TON of money. 10 Million Rial is like… $300 USD.