Crackle has renewed its most-streamed scripted original for a second season.
Season 2 of Snatch will premiere in 2018, according to our sister site Deadline. The show, which stars Harry Potter alum Rupert Grint, follows young hustlers who are thrown into the dangerous world of organized crime when they find a truck of stolen gold bullion.
“Rupert, Luke [Pasqualino] and the rest of the cast have created memorable characters who truly resonated with our viewers,” Crackle general manager Eric Berger said in a statement, “and we look forward to following their adventures in Season 2 of Snatch.“
The streaming service has also renewed the animated comedy SuperMansion for a third season, to premiere in 2018. The show will also produce two specials that will be released this fall and early next year.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* History will air a two-part documentary, Superheroes Decoded, on Sunday, April 30 and Monday, May 1 at 9/8c. The show will explore the origins of superheroes and include interviews with the likes of Captain America: Civil War actor Anthony Mackie, former Marvel president Stan Lee, Iron Man director Jon Favreau and Game of Thrones author George R. R. Martin.
* Crackle has announced that Season 2 of tech series StartUp, starring Adam Brody (The O.C.) and Martin Freeman (Sherlock), will premiere on Thursday, Sept. 28.
* Season 2 of the Netflix sitcom Flaked, starring Arrested Development vet Will Arnett, will premiere on Friday, June 2.
* Jane Lynch will host National Geographic’s Earth Live, a two-hour live show described as the “Super Bowl” of Mother Nature specials, on Sunday, July 9 at 8 pm, per Deadline.
* Check out a new trailer for Netflix’s The Keepers, a seven-episode docuseries that focuses on the decades-old, unsolved murder of Baltimore nun Sister Cathy. It premieres Friday, May 19.
Which of today’s TVLine items piqued your interest?