Scorpion Wedding

NCIS and Scorpion Weddings, Big Bang Temptation, Life-Changing Five-0 Decision Among CBS Sweeps Stories

Three weddings — and maybe a funeral, somewhere? — are among the storylines on tap for CBS shows during May sweeps (starting Thursday, April 27).

Other teases from the Eye network include the return of a Big Bang Theory admirer, Eliza Dushku’s Bull run and a life-changing decision for a Five-0 team member.

Here are extremely curated excerpts from CBS’ 1,700-word press release:

MONDAY, MAY 1
Scorpion: Team Scorpion must help Toby and Happy race to the altar after a simple job extinguishing a mining tunnel fire gets catastrophic.

FRIDAY, MAY 5
Blue Bloods (Season finale): Mayor Poole (guest star David Ramsey) confides in Frank that he has unexpected plans.

TUESDAY, MAY 9
NCIS: The stress of McGee’s imminent wedding takes its toll as Delilah is rushed to the hospital. Also, Gibbs’ team travels out to sea after a young, healthy Petty Officer aboard a Navy destroyer dies in his sleep.

Bull: Buffy alum Eliza Dushku kicks off a three-week arc, when Bull agrees to consult on three cases for J.P. Nunnelly (Dushku), a top criminal attorney, in exchange for her defending Benny.

WEDNESDAY, MAY 10
Criminal Minds (season finale): Reid must square off with an old nemesis, while Derek Morgan (guest star Shemar Moore) comes to the team with a lead that might help find Mr. Scratch.

THURSDAY, MAY 11
The Big Bang Theory (Season finale): The gang is concerned when Sheldon’s former admirer, Dr. Ramona Nowitzki (returning guest star Riki Lindhome), resurfaces while Amy is away at Princeton.

Life in Pieces (season finale): When Colleen and Matt miss all the flights to Mexico for their wedding, Colleen panics that they will never get married. Greg and Jen get in trouble when they share a cookie with a fellow passenger who has a severe allergic reaction; and Joan and John rush their dog to the vet after he swallows the wedding ring.

FRIDAY, MAY 12
Hawaii Five-0 (season finale): McGarrett risks his life (as he does) when Five-0 attempts their most dangerous rescue yet of young girls trapped in the sex trafficking ring they have been tracking this year. Kono, deeply affected by the case, makes a life-changing decision. Hmm….

SUNDAY, MAY 14
NCIS: Los Angeles (season finale): Sam Hanna goes rogue from the NCIS team in an attempt to stop Tahir Khaled (guest star Anslem Richardson) from ever targeting his family again.

MONDAY, MAY 15
Scorpion (season finale): Three weeks after they crash land on a deserted island, tensions run high for Team Scorpion when they must battle to overcome their relationship obstacles with each other in order to be rescued.

TUESDAY, MAY 16
NCIS: New Orleans (season finale): Unable to trust anyone in New Orleans, the NCIS team calls in FBI Assistant Director Isler (Derek Webster) to help expose and stop the sinister scheme Mayor Hamilton has planned for the residents of Clearwater.

WEDNESDAY, MAY 17
Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders (season finale): In the first of two episodes, Charisma Carpenter guest-stars when the International Response Team searches for the killer of a woman on a Yoga retreat in Nepal.

SATURDAY, MAY 20
Training Day (season finale): Kyle, Tommy and Rebecca must rescue Frank when he goes on a rogue mission to Mexico to locate intel linked to the murder of Kyle’s father.

SUNDAY, MAY 21
Madam Secretary (season finale): Elizabeth heads to Brussels to seek NATO’S support against Russia when it threatens to invade Bulgaria, but when France refuses to cooperate, it threatens the alliance’s existence. Also, when Henry’s new government role has him dive into the Russia issue, he turns to his former operative for help.

Elementary (season finale): As Holmes and Watson investigate a gang murder that appears to have ignited the city-wide conflict, they discover that a familiar face is pulling the strings.

Want more scoop on Arrow, or for any other show? Email InsideLine@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. E says:

Scorpion, what?

2. datdudemurphy says:

So sad that the seasons are ending already… It feels like they just began.
    But bring on the new episodes

3. JeffDJ says:

A life-changing decision for Kono? Hopefully she and Adam decide to leave Hawaii!

• H50fannie says:

I doubt Kono will like to leave Hawaii as the show was picked up for ano0ther season and shje is part of the team

• Doug Henning says:

It could be that they want to go somewhere and start a family… Would make sense for me… Plus the actress herself has a young family ( she took part of a season off to have a baby) and lives in Vancouver. The could bring in another hot looking action woman to do what she does.. or… as he almost has a few times and in the original H50 was, Chin Ho could get killed and Kono adopts the little girl and quits??

• lsperling says:

I hope Chin doesn’t get killed off. I like him a lot. I honestly don’t miss Danny when he isn’t in an episode. His whining endlessly is beginning to get to me.

• Brownvirtue says:

I used to like his and Steve’s banter but it does seem more whiny now. Even though I like him, I don’t think I’d miss him since he’s been gone so much.

• Haydee says:

Well, she got a pregnancy test from the store… Hmmm ;o)~

• Jerri says:

Kono & Adam may be starting a family, she would likely leave the team because of that.

4. PatriciaLee says:

The husband and I are very frustrated with their having Mayor Hamilton a villain on NCIS New Orleans. He’s always Brian of Wings to us, and we do not enjoy these episodes. We enjoy loving laughs with our Wings reruns, then we have to see this lousy characterization on NCIS. Please, make him an undercover something or other.

• claudiagail says:

Most actors like playing different types of characters, both heroes and villains. Mark Harmon has played both. The actor would not have tried out for the role if he didn’t want to play the part, and wanted to avoid being typecast in a certain role.

• PatriciaLee says:

I understand that and agree with you, however, it still is a bummer choice for viewing pleasure on our end. The husband dislikes Pride in those episodes, so I don’t think it was a smart writing choice.

• Jeff Drake says:

Oh God yes, lets write major plotlines just to please your husband who can’t understand that actors actually act like whatever their characters require.

• PatriciaLee says:

Hey, we want them to write major plot lines to please us, the viewers. We know the actors are just following the script and the director. Hopefully, feedback from us, all, will encourage alternative endings and TV continuation movies.

• AHW says:

LOL. Well-said, Jeff Drake! Many actors love to play villains from. It’s moronic to pigeonhole performers with one of their roles. These are talented people who enjoy stretching their skills. Writers have to be free to follow their story-arcs through, as long as they are well-written. Given all the frustrations with corrupt government, it seems natural to see Pride battling corruption.

• Evan says:

All Weber plays nowadays is villains.

• mary says:

I take it you never saw The Shining remake?

5. Kevin Tran says:

What does the future holds for Alex O’Loughlin and Hawaii Five-O now that the series is renewing for Season 8?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

AOL long ago signed through Season 8, but you surely know that. Well reported here.

• Another Poster says:

Alex O’Loughlin has said he would like to leave at the end of season 8 due to health concerns from the demanding stressful toil he has gone through, such as the big fight scene on last Friday’s, (April 14), episode. He did have a problem with painkillers a few years ago. James Garner had to leave the Rockford Files because of the physical demands on his body
        The question many are asking is if the ratings hold up for season 8, would AOL return for season 9, or is season 8 the final season of Hawaii Five-O, no matter what happens in the ratings. I am sure he will do what’s best for his health.

• TAMARA OLUND says:

WILL ALEX COME BACK TO HAWAII FIVEO OH WILL HE JUST NOT BE ON THERE, WILL THEY HIRE SOME ONE TO TAKE HIS PLACE OR WHAT IS THE DEAL

6. KDH says:

Kono is totally fostering/adopting one of the girls.

• DS says:

I like that idea

• MMD says:

Oh I totally like that idea rather than the idea of her character leaving the show.

• Casey says:

That also occurred to me, but then I wondered – would they have that storyline for her in the same season they’ve also done something similar with Chin and Sara? The context is very different, but the “now I am the guardian/adopted parent of a kid” outcome is basically the same. I hope they go this route vs. Grace Park leaving the show. If she leaves, they will really have to launch a new female character well, and this show doesn’t write for women well in general.

• I agree, Kono leaving would be awful. Any other woman on the team has been a disaster, except Abby and they moved her over to HPD now. Maybe they’ll bring Julie Benz back some more as Abby since “Training Day” is probably over. Grace Park has been “one of the boys” from the beginning. I am hoping she comes back, maybe as a cliffhanger for the season Kono will go undercover or go work with those girls.

7. Joey Padron says:

Hope Kono won’t leave the team in Hawaii Five-O’s season finale.

8. Billy Bob Johnson says:

“Elementary (season finale)”. Sadly, I think it will be the Series finale. There’s no hope with the numbers it’s barely pulling in now. Sunday at 10:00 is a show-killer spot. I also don’t think it helped having Miller sans hair (yes, I know, because of TS2). In last week’s episode it seemed like he could barely speak. That doesn’t help the show.

• DS says:

what is wrong with JL Miller and what is TS2?

• lsperling says:

I agree with you. I have so much difficulty understanding him. The accent is difficult enough, but there are times when you can barely hear him. He starts off loud enough and gets lower until he’s almost mumbling under his breath. I get very frustrated with that.

• PatriciaLee says:

The husband is frustrated and upset with the audio, too. It, almost, makes one wonder if there is a secret agent in the editing department to get the show cancelled. I would think a beginning audio student could make his voice clearer. As a tip: CS4 Premier with its Soundbooth, which seems to bypass a lot of later audio incompatibilities present in the latest software developments. I went through the misery with family videos.

• JenJ says:

OMG, so I’m not the only one to notice that! I used to think I was having hearing loss when I watch Elementary. I love the show, but everytime Miller speaks I have to turn up the volume a whole lot, in order to understand what he is saying. Surely, they can do something about that, because the commercials nearly break my ear drums.

• MMD says:

I have the sad feeling that it might be the series finale as well. I dvr it on a local channel (which isn’t affected by the CBS over runs) but it can air anytime from 7 pm to midnight.

• Carla Krae says:

He just had a cold. Geeze.

• PatriciaLee says:

The husband has been complaining about muffled dialogue for this whole season, not just one episode. I stopped to listen carefully, and there was, definitely, a less distinct voicing ongoing.

• drhenning says:

turn on closed caption.. helps on many shows that have audio problems either from mumbling or loud music at times..

• lsperling says:

He has only had a cold in the last two episodes, but I’ve noticed that he swallows the last part of his sentences and I’ve noticed that for a long while.

9. Jason says:

I’d hate to see Kono leave. It’s likely that the upcoming season will be the last, since I can’t see the show living on without McGarrett. I would love to see everyone stick around for the final bow. And it’s not like they have an overwhelming amount of female characters.

• Nobie davlin says:

I would like to see everything wrapped up and everyone have a happy ending. Mainly, Steve and Catherine back together. I don’t want Steve to die off because of the radiation poisoning or grow weake because of it. It was a great original H50 without the last year and the reboot has been so much better than ever expected to last 8 years. I just want it to end with a great ending!

10. So Baic NCIS is copying season 9 finale

• claudiagail says:

If you had read the synopsis of the final two episodes, you would see that the only thing in common with season 9 is a wedding. And in this case, it appears the wedding will take place in the next to last episode, not in the finale, as well as any number of other differences.

11. GraceM says:

Can someone tell me when Riki Lind home was on TBBT? Tried looking her up but she’s not credited with a guest appearance in the show.

12. jj says:

Looking forward to Toby and Happy’s wedding. And (yes I know it is mean), but I hope by some miracle, Delilah (NCIS) dies before the wedding occurs.

• JenJ says:

OMG, why would you say that? I love McGee and Delilah, such a totally different couple to have on a series. I certainly hope they don’t kill her off, that would be awful.

• CP says:

I don’t like the McGee/Delilah storyline. I’m kind of hoping they break the engagement.

• Kathy says:

I haven’t been fond of Delilah since her first appearance (though I liked Margo in TBBT). She’s not a sympathetic character, and I don’t like the way she treats Tim. She’ll probably be around forever, though, since the show tends to kill off the female characters I like (Kate Todd, Ziva, Paula Cassidy, Diane GIbbs Fornell Sterling. Director Shepard was the exception because I didn’t care for her and she died anyway). That probably means Quinn isn’t long for this world because I really like her — though I’m beyond positive that my Abby is safe.
      I’d rather not see Delilah die, however — just break up with Tim. Silly sap that I am, I still want to see Tim with Abby.

• lsperling says:

Delilah is on so few episodes that I’m not sure why there have been a couple of people who don’t like her. I’ve not seen her treat Tim badly either.

• brownvirue says:

Don’t forget Director Vance’s wife.

I didn’t notice until now, but looking at murders and not overall deaths, they’ve mostly killed off female characters. I see how Kate and Diane’s deaths made great stories. Kate was a member of the team. Her death had a major impact. Diane’s death reopened that wound because she was killed same way as Kate. But what reason was there to kill the others. Maybe Ziva has a change of heart and tells Tony that he has a little girl. Then he moves to get to know her. You wouldn’t need the actress back for that.

Make a list of male characters and I can only think of two, former Director Morrow and the probie that was killed in the explosion overseas. Would’ve been a better story if Bishop’s husband was killed instead of cheating.

• lsperling says:

They killed off Mike Franks, the agent who called Gibbs probie. That was a great character and there was no need to kill him off – he didn’t appear that often – unless he wanted out of the show. They didn’t kill off Ziva- she went back to Israel, had Tony’s child who he later met, and they went back to Israel to join Ziva.

• Brownvirtue says:

I forgot Mike Franks was murdered. I was thinking that he died of cancer. That still leaves 6 vs 3. And there are already fewer female characters.

Ziva died in a fire at the end of Season 13. The Mossad Director brought the little girl to Tony. That’s how Tony ended up with her. He told Gibbs that he was going to Israel first for answers and then to Paris because it was Zivas’s favorite place.

Not trying to be political. Like I said, I hadn’t noticed it until someone mentioned it.

• lsperling says:

Mike Franks did have cancer, but I thought he was killed in a shootout with some bad guy.

I think they wanted us to think Ziva died in that fire, but I got the feeling she really didn’t. To be honest, so much has happened since then, I don’t recall for sure.

What I do know is that I cannot abide the Bishop character. I wasn’t sure I would like the new young Hispanic guy, but I really do and I like the Englishman although he doesn’t appear that often.

• Brownvirtue says:

PS I miss Mike too.

I just want them to stop killing people off period. Let people retire or leave for other jobs.

• AHW says:

You’re incorrect about Ziva, who was killed in a fire. That’s how Tony learned about their daughter and why he quit to raise her as a single parent. They settled in Paris.

13. I hope Kono doesn’t leave the show. She is totally awesome. I love her. Plus she breaks up the monotony of all guys. Lol. DON’T LEAVE US KONO! !

14. lrdslvrhnd says:

It’s cute how you refer to Training Day as “season finale”. It’s been banished to Saturdays, one of the leads died (which I suspect is why it was banished rather than outright pulled), and people are acting like there’s any chance of renewal? (Mind, I enjoy it enough that I’m glad they’re airing all the eps, but still.)
    Scorpion: If Toby doesn’t hit somebody with his hat for messing up an escape plan, I shall be very sad. Also, I won’t be unhappy if Paige dresses like Mary Ann.
    NCIS:LA, Madam Secretary, & Elementary: …Are these actually going to air on time for a change? Can somebody check to see if there are any sporting events scheduled for those days?

• lsperling says:

I feel your pain. I’m sick of all the sports programs on CBS. It isn’t so bad with the earlier shows, but having to stay up late for Elementary and the news is not always doable. Why can’ they just start whatever sports event half an hour earlier?

• kath says:

I’ll be sad to see Training Day go, I’ve enjoyed it a lot. I think it’s a much better show than Lethal Weapon which is getting all the buzz.
      It’s the only new show this season that I will miss.

15. Melissa says:

REALLY??? Season finales??? They have not even had a season to begin with. Maybe they should ask the actors to take less money so they can keep a job. Watching my favorite shows because it is the “season” for new shows is over. So disappointed in CBS. Really hate the way they took Criminal Minds anymore. I am so out of the habit of watching my shows, don’t even know if I will remember when the “season” finales.

16. What will happen to Training Day?

• PatriciaLee says:

It sounded like the series has ended with the passing of its lead. It might have had a chance of renewal, with this last episode being so brilliant, but Bill Paxton is gone. They would not replace him and continue the show, at this point. IMHO

17. Chuck Gamble says:

We finally get the Quintis wedding on Scorpion.

18. Jena says:

NCIS (mother ship) – has gotten pretty boring. Even a wedding won’t liven it up that much.
    Hawaii-Five-O – Maybe Kono & Adam are going to have a baby. (Is the actress, or WAS the actress, pregnant in real life?)
    Blue Bloods – I thought Frank & Mayor Poole were on good terms, was surprised in Friday’s episode to hear about friction between them. All for show, to create drama where none usually exists, I bet. Boo.

• Nobie davlin says:

The mayor and Frank seem to only have issues when race is brought into it. Was surprised that the mayor is leaving. Frank should run for mayor. That would be a twist.

19. kath says:

I would have tuned in to NCIS for a Tony/Ziva wedding but McGee and Delilah, while long overdue, is the sort of super safe storyline CBS goes for. Zzzzzzzz

20. Ally says:

I know it may be imppossible but Is Tony going to miss Tim & Delilah’s wedding? His daughter would make a nice flower girl