“A dark hero will rise,” touts a new promo for the return of Fox’s Gotham (on Monday, April 24 at 8/7c).
In the spring premiere, “Heroes Rise: How The Riddler Got His Name,” “Nygma convinces himself that he doesn’t need Penguin to succeed and begins to introduce himself to Gotham as The Riddler,” per the official description. Meanwhile, “Bullock and Lucius Fox get caught up in Nygma’s mind games, Gordon learns troubling news about his father’s death and the Court of Owls reveals its next move.”
Click PLAY above to watch the trailer, then hit the comments with your thoughts.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* Fox has picked up a one-hour, weekly version of Showtime at the Apollo, hosted by Steve Harvey, to air during the 2017-18 season. Harvey hosted Apollo specials on Fox in December and February.
* The Ellen DeGeneres Show will dedicate its entire April 28 installment to honoring 1997’s “The Puppy Episode” of the ABC sitcom Ellen, in which DeGeneres’ character came out as gay, per The Hollywood Reporter. The hour will reunite DeGeneres with special guest stars Oprah Winfrey and Laura Dern, as well as Ellen castmates Joely Fisher, Clea Lewis and David Anthony Higgins.
* D.L. Hughley (The Hughleys) will replace Romany Malco as the co-lead in CBS’ buddy cop comedy pilot Brothered Up, our sister site Deadline reports.
* The BBC America series Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency has cast Tyler Labine (Reaper) as Sherlock Hobbs, a small-town sheriff who is eager to help Dirk and the crew solve the Season 2 mystery, Deadline reports.
* E! has renewed the makeover show Revenge Body With Khloé Kardashian for an eight-episode Season 2, per Deadline.