American Horror Story alum Frances Conroy is due for some new scares.
The Golden Globe-winning Six Feet Under matriarch has joined Spike’s adaptation of Stephen King’s The Mist, playing Nathalie, an ecological martyr with killer instincts.
The Mist, centered around an ominous mist that takes over a small town and causes chaos, will begin production this summer and is set to air a 10-episode season in 2017.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* Days after being fired as Donald Trump’s campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski is joining CNN as a political commentator, per Politico.
* Amy Hargreaves (Homeland) is joining Netflix’s 13 Reasons Why, based on Jay Asher’s book and produced by Selena Gomez, as a series regular, per Deadline.
* TruTV’s comedy pilot I’m Sorry, created by and starring Andrea Savage (Episodes), has added Tom Everett Scott (Southland) as Savage’s on-screen husband. Jason Mantzoukas (The League) and June Squibb (Ghost Whisperer) will also guest-star in the first episode.
* PBS has confirmed that Hamilton’s America, the documentary about the Broadway hit, will air Friday, Oct. 21 at 9 pm.
* HBO has released a teaser for its new half-hour comedy, Insecure, starring Issa Rae, Yvonne Orji, Jay Ellis and Lisa Joyce. The eight-episode series, which follows the friendship and awkward experiences of two black women, is set to premiere in the fall.