The Originals Recap

The Originals Recap: 'Not Afraid to Die'

The following story contains spoilers from Friday’s Originals. Proceed at your own peril.

At least we can’t say we didn’t see it coming. Everything about Friday’s The Originals reeked of death, from Klaus’ excruciating dictation of Cami’s will to the moment she finally succumbed to Lucien’s poison and drew her final breath. Frankly, she never stood a chance.

Despite the best efforts of the entire gang — even Marcel and Davina worked with Klaus on this one — Camille O’Connell, the bartender-turned-psychologist-turned-vampire, met her untimely end (again) this week, surrounded by the people who loved her.

To add insult to injury, Friday’s episode gave fans of the blossoming Klaus/Cami romance everything they’ve ever wanted: The couple swapped “I love you”s, went on a romantic date and even held hands walking in public. Unfortunately, that was all a figment of Klaus’ imagination, planted into the mind of a dying Cami.

And even in her dream-like state, Cami seemed characteristically self-aware: “You are loved,” she told Klaus. “Love will make you strong. It will make you the man I know you want to be. … But you have to remember that, because I won’t be here to remind you.”

“Don’t you think for a moment that you’ve failed me,” Klaus insisted. “You inspired goodness in me, and unlike all of the souls I’ve encountered and forgotten in the long march of time, I will carry you with me.”

Cami ended her time on this earth, fittingly, with these words for Klaus: “All of that anger, that cycle of abuse … you can end it. You have to, so you can be the light for your little girl. For Hope.” (For. Hope.)

Also worth discussing…

KOL(D) AS ICE | Friday’s episode officially ushered Kol and Davina into the Dysfunctional Relationship Hall of Fame, which is saying a lot in the TVD/Originals universe. The young witch was understandably irked to discover that her erratic lover had been hiding from her in the St. James, but after hearing his side of the story and helping him dagger himself, I really thought the couple might have a bright future. … Then came the episode’s final moments. As if losing Cami wasn’t enough for poor Davina to handle, Kol emerged from the shadows to snack on his girlfriend, completely draining the life out of her. Honestly, if we didn’t see Davina in the promo for next week’s episode, I would have assumed she was joining Cami in CW Heaven.

GOOD MOURNING | Leah Pipes gave a stunning performance as the show’s latest victim, but the entire cast deserves a tip of the hat for selling the hell out of Cami’s final episode. Klaus wins the award for Most Devastating Reaction — an admittedly twisted superlative to hand out mere minutes after someone’s death — but I also lost my s–t over Marcel and Davina’s hug, Hayley’s “It’s not fair” speech and Vincent’s “I still need you” admission. Cami left more of an impression on these characters than any of them realized, and it kills me to see her go.

OK, let’s talk about Cami’s (second) death: Are you devastated? Had you been bracing for this? Drop a comment with your thoughts, however raw and incoherent, below.

1. Stacey says:

Farewell Cami, best of luck LP, you deserve better.

• This! I never understood that character, but LP sure can act. I hope we see her on a better show soon.

• Stacey says:

Me too, she’s a good actress!

• CGS says:

I hope The CW gives her a recurring role on one of the freshman shows and then cast her in something next pilot cycle. Perhaps a stint on Riverdale as a teacher. If they introduced Sabrina she could be an aunt.

• Stacey says:

As long as it’s a good role, it should be fine! She would be great in practically anything. Strong performance tonight!

• Carly Diaz says:

She was his and everyone moral compass not to state the obvious but her family had been dealing with the supernatural before she even had returned so of course she would play an intricate part & not only with Klaus ..i would say she was a well rounded character that pretty much connected with all the other characters good or bad at some point…Farewell Cami well job Leah

• Elena says:

she couldn’t be a moral compass to these people because they’re either of different species, so she didn’t have same instincts or they’re way older then her and she didn’t live long enough to actually check if she’s even that much more moral than others

• Elle says:

She had no consistent morality. Last season she referred to being compelled by Klaus as a ‘violationg’ this season she was all smiles when she witnessed that girl Klaus was compelling to give him blood and decorate. So is it only a violation when it happens to her? Other people apparently don’t matter.

• Elle says:

Ugh, *violation. Sorry!

• edyn says:

I agree carly. She listened to everyone, especially Klaus. As a bartender, people told her stories and later became a therapist. If Klaus can trust her, the others can too. She has more of a reason to hate the supernatural world because of her family, but found herself to be an ally for bigger problems. The supernatural world fights between themselves, but yet they should join together to deal with things like with Lucien. Lucien became a self-made hybrid that seemed unstoppable and instead of banding together to kill him, he was aided by the ancestors to stop the Mikaelsons. Everyone worries about the Mikaelsons, but yet there are things scarier than them and the havok they created. All they did was drink blood and hold parties. If it was not for Lucien, Cami and Davina would not have died, but everyone blames the Mikaelsons for it. Now Marcel may become like Lucien and the process starts over again. Everyone faults the Mikaelsons for stuff they do not see coming, but when in crisis, they use everything at their disposal, even if it hurts people. Klaus understood that using Davina was the only way to stop Lucien and a last resort. Lucien could have done worse damage if left unchecked.

• Kaitlyn Shutes says:

Agreed…. She was the moral compas!!!!!!

2. Gena says:

Cami deserved better than just being a love interest for Klaus’ pain tbh

• Stacey says:

True, the writers failed her. She had no direction or SL other than a LI.

• Ari says:

Agreed. I’m not too broken up about her death because her life has served very little purpose the last two seasons. They need to thin their cast because they can’t properly service all of their characters. I had very little emotional connection to Cami.

• Chand says:

You must not really watch the show, I am devastated that she died like that. I was hopeing they had a plan to bring her back as some kind of hybrid since she died with Lucious blood in her I’m still hopefully.

• Dominique says:

I totally agree. I was a huge fan of VD and when the Originals started I was just as intrigued. I was totally stunned when they killed her off. Klaus was just starting to find true love then they kill her! I was in total denial. They need to bring her back.

• Trish says:

I was so upset, I cried! I think she definitley had an impact on the show, she helped everyone deal with all the issues.
          Why didn’t they have Cammi’s soul go into Arurea’s body?!? Gets rid of her and saves Cammi!

• Cheray says:

I agree with you!!

• Elle says:

I think LP did a good job but yeah, we knew so little about her even after so long. Why was there no mention of her family? And when she was doing her will I was stuck wondering when the last time she talked to either Davina or Josh was. Even KLAUS didn’t seem to know much. How is it that he had no idea where she’d like to travel if they were such good friends? It’s been established that it’s something he enjoys so it seemed weird that they’d apparently never talked about it before.

• penny says:

What are you talking about? Her family was the leader of “The Faction” for hundreds of years. Her twin brother had a hex put on him when he was in Seminary school. He massacred the class, then killed himself. Cami originally didn’t know about the witches or the other gory details, so she didn’t believe that Sean would commit suicide. Cami’s uncle, Father Kieran, is later cursed, then turned into a vampire, then given a merciful death.

Cami’s death was devastating! It’s not just because she was a wonderful, insightful character, but also due to her tragic family history! Seeing how she managed to move past this in a way that he could not let go of his own tragedies, is what made Klaus so intrigued with, and later enamored with Camille.

• Elle says:

That tragic family history that was mentioned what, 3 times since season 1? What happened to The Human Faction? Who’s leading it now? They dropped it completely. They didn’t even bother to mention her brother or her parents as she was dying because it was too important that she give Klaus one last therapy session apparently. Her life and her death were all about him and sorry, that’s gross. That’s my point. She was treated like a plot device. When she was needed they trotted her out, and then she ceased to matter. She wasn’t a fully formed character which is why I couldn’t connect with her.

• Stacey says:

I as well. She has potential but they never really explored her character deeply. By the middle of the second season, I lost interest in her character. I am kinda apathetic to her death. I was much more upset by Davina’s fate. Regardless, LP did a great job on the episode.

• Elena says:

Me too. If you noticed whole episode Cami’s having last session with Klaus. But in the exit interview LP avoided Klaus as much as possible. She said her fav good bye was Hayley’s and fav scene was one with Cami’s uncle. So it might be LP herself is a bit annoyed with the whole “Cami lived to heal Klaus’ soul” thing

• Ives says:

Then Kol needs to go as well. His character is such a liability. I also hate that Freya is a witch. Turn her into a vampire witch gosh darn it. I hate that they always have to give her blood when she gets in a fight. Technically she isnt immortal, otherwise they wouldnt have to give her blood. Nguyen needs to get his too.

3. Pam says:

RIP Cami…. the spoilers were spot on.

• Stacey says:

I know! Spoiler anon is amazing! 100% right! Wasn’t expecting Davina to get killed this episode, I thought it would be in the next one. I am sad about D, she has always been a favorite of mine.

• Elena says:

Mine too, sad she’s gone. Cami’s exit is a relief. LP got lots of hatred simply for playing poorly written character. Not fair. But tbh deaths of these girls consistent with the idea that originals have each other but otherwise stayed alone for over 1000 yrs. TO is only 3-years time span, it’d be strange if Klaus and Kol – wildest creatures turned good and found soulmates just like that. I guess writers have something or someone else in mind for them.

• Dominique says:

I wasn’t sad about D’s death. She is the reason all this crap started. I’m shocked Klaus didn’t try to end her himself. Plus she is coming back… I can already see it.

• Elena says:

Well whatever “crap” D caused, Klaus actually deserves. If he didn’t make so many enemies over the years he wouldn’t be in a situation he is now.

• Pam says:

Personally, I understand Davina hatred of Klaus, but really she broke his sire line. Yes he made a lot of enemies, but he had nothing to lose then. Now he has a daughter who is vulnerable, and that is why I dislike Davina choice. If it was just him, I would be all for it.

• Elena says:

I’m sorry but Hope is still just 1 person, Klaus kills more than that in a week I suppose. And some of these people also have family/children. I like originals, but they bring most of their troubles on themselves. So to me, D’s actions are justifiable.

4. A. D. says:

Finally!!!! 3 years too late! Waste of space character!

5. Gul says:

I’m mostly just really annoyed & I hope to god that this wasnt done to pacify irrelevant, bullying children of a *certain* shipping fandom. Cami was a great character, a lead & she will be missed dearly. Hopefully, Leah goes on to do better things & moves on from the trash that is the CW.

• Pam says:

Hate to burst your bubble, but the TO writers just gave a interview saying that the character ran her course. Though LP will be missed, I am glad she got the send off she deserves.

• Gul says:

Pshh & Im supposed to believe them? What were they supposed to say , exactly? “Sorry, we dont know how to write a female character & only know how to blatantly fanservice?” You can believe them if you like but Im not buying their bs.

• Pam says:

I believe that before believing that they gave into the haters.

• Elle says:

I think it’s your first point more than your second, tbh. They don’t know how to write female characters. Cami was treated as a one note love interest from the beginning so she never developed a following. Fandoms are teeny percentages of the audience. Like less that 1% are active online. So no fandom no matter how big or loud can do anything to affect how characters go over. That’s all on the writing.

• Elena says:

If it was fanservice, Cami’d be be gone/with someone else long time ago and Caroline’d have more than 1 crossover in 3 years. NP’s never been supportive of Klaroline. So if even he let Cami go, then she’s nothing more to add to the show.

• Stacey says:

Please don’t blame other fandoms. It has nothing to do with us. If your upset tweet at and ask the writers. They’re the ones to blame not us.

• Gul says:

I literally did not blame any other fandom, just called the childish, which once you go on twitter & watch all the ‘celebrations’ is 100% accurate.

• Stacey says:

Honesty, most of us are more mature than that. I am a Klaroline fan but have a lot of respect for LP. She did a great job while on the show and I hope she finds success wherever she goes next!

• Same with me. I am a Klaroline fan, but it’s made clear ages ago that Klaus and Caroline won’t happen so why would they kill Cami when they are not even planning to make Klaroline a thing in the storyline. Cami was just a poorly written character. Last night, however, I trully loved her for the first (and last) time. Leah Pipes is an amazing actress, she deserves better anyways.

• Shannon says:

I think it’s safe to say Klaroline will never happen. Caroline’s storyline is with Ric and Stefan now.

• Jen says:

I completely agree. I’m disgusted by their behavior. They are so stupid, they think now their ships stand a chance when steroline is clearly endgame

• Vince says:

Duh The Originals have crappy TV ratings now. This is is a good way to cut cost. Lose the worthless character.

• Kaitlyn Shutes says:

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!

6. Ak says:

I stopped watching the show – but I thought Klaus’s blood cured werewolf bites?

• Guest says:

It’s not a typical werewolf bite. Lucien did a spell using the remaining white oak to become an ‘upgrade’ and is currently more powerful than Klaus.

• ejdax37 says:

I am very sad Cami is gone I liked the character very much and the actress was amazing. On another note I love the above statement because it makes perfect since for anyone who is a fan of these shows, but take it out of context and it sounds so crazy, LOL. I can’t stop laughing which is good because I was tearing up during the show.

7. Mike says:

I sent Micheal Narduccci(one of the writers of the show) a complaint that making Cami a vampire and then killing her 3 months later was stupid. You might as well have just done it to begin with or this storyline could also easily have been done next season when they’ve had more time to explore her as a vampire and their relationship as well. His response, “watch next week and see if you have any questions”. I’ve watched this week and it’s still pointless. Plenty of things could have united them. It didn’t have to be Cami’s death. Hell, at least with Davina’s death we now get a glimpse into the far too powerful and finicky Ancestors.

• Dominique says:

I couldn’t have said it better! They let us get our hopes up and then BAM she’s dead again. I was looking forward to seeing Klaus find love and just seeing a different side to him. So disappointed.

8. Aleana says:

I’m done with this show along with Arrow

9. Kristen says:

I am more sad about Davina than Cami. The dream sequence was fine but I just never bought into the klamille romance or her character. Even turning her into a vampire didn’t make her any less vanilla. LP was a solid actress, but her character just never took off. I will miss Davina though for sure.

• Stacey says:

Same here. Lots of respect for LP but never felt for her character. Davina on the other hand has me wicked upset. Poor Kol!

• Mike says:

I don’t think Davina’s gone. I think this is our way into the Ancestors. They could still find a way to get her back.

• Elle says:

I wasn’t expecting it and it broke my heart. CMD nailed that scene beforehand.

• Elena says:

I don’t think she’s gone. Come on, she’s been a major character from S01 too but after last episode it’s all about saying good bye to Cami. They wouldn’t waste D’s death like that, it’d be a much bigger deal, slowly cooked many months in advance like with Cami.

• Elle says:

I think she’ll be back next ep (because she’s a NOLA witch and she clearly has business with the ancestors) but I’m worried! I haven’t been a big fan of how they’ve made Kol her primary motivation but she’s my fave female character on TO.

• Elena says:

Yes, she’s in eps 20 preview, check it out. Yes, this season she’s been all about Kol. But I still like her, their pairing, her dynamic with Marcel, even her hating Klaus – someone has to, even though he’s protagonist on TO he’s still no hero

• Elle says:

Totally agreed. Her reactions to Klaus are completely logical given who he is and what he’s done. That scene where he’s unconcious and she’s slapping him is legitimately one of my faves.

• Elena says:

Lol yes it’s a good one!

10. Cathie says:

I am not happy. She was my favorite character, after Klaus and Elijah. Leah Pipes is an incredible actress. Cami steadied Klaus. Why kill her?? I hope the ever irritating Julie Plec didn’t give in to the bullies. The Caroline fans are so mean.

• Pam says:

I don’t see the powers that be giving into a fans. If that was the case Cami/Klaus would have gotten together way before now. MN is a serious ship hater so he really wouldn’t have.

• Stacey says:

This has nothing to do with Care or Klaroline. The ratings are down and the budget was cut drastically for the show. There was also pressure from the network. So they had to cut some supporting main characters unfortunately. Best of luck to LP in her future endeavours!

• kathlyn says:

Look, if the writers are so keen on Klaroline we’d have them by now. But NO! It’s been 3 years and all we got was a phone call. So if you want to blame someone, blame the writers for not giving her a proper storyline, not the fandom.

• Elena says:

Maybe if I didn’t see Klaroline before TO, I’d be able to digest Klamille better. But as it is, the way writers allowed to “steady” Klaus is just too much. With Care or even Hayley, Klaus can be more wicked but that’s more true to his character.

11. LL says:

I was more than ready than to say goodbye to this character. Goodbye, Cami. Best of luck to Leah.

12. Lou says:

This character has been useless for 3 years so thank you TO for doing the right thing for once !

13. Pamela says:

Can you tell us if she’s really dead and gone or coming back?

• Elle says:

It seems pretty final. LP gave an interview over at EW saying she’ll never play Cami again.

• Elena says:

When the actress herself says “often times, it’s oddly better to die than stick around and do nothing on a television show” I think it’s pretty final. Doesn’t seem final for D though.

14. Rachelle A. says:

Really upset about cami’s death in the show. Her character could’ve more than grew. I am so upset !!

15. Bob Alan says:

No I’m not happy.how u getting to dark ,nice characters dieing. I think I will,move on .no fun any more.

16. Sam says:

Cami’s death was meh to me. She has never done anything for me. It was like a redux of of the Klaus and Caroline moment, without any of the feels. But that is just me. I will say their reactions to her death were fantastic though. And people say CW actors can’t act. Well done.

17. Josh says:

Girl got fridged.

18. Patsy says:

I am so mad that she left. What were you guys thinking

19. Shru says:

It’s a shame really. Cami had so much potential. The actress was pretty decent and I actually liked the sweet relationship between Klaus and Cami.

The writers are absolutely worthless when it comes to writing female characters. It’s infuriating really. But hey that’s why CW writers how they are and why they never win or eill ever get recognized for anything.

20. Bwhit says:

Even with what happened, it was such a good episode with great performances by the whole cast. RIP Cami, I will miss having the resident voice of reason around. I don’t think that Klaus will be unhinged and irrational, I think he will be calculated and smart and make sure to torture Lucien with the help of Elijah. I think Kol will be the unhinged one, he’s going to lose his ish trying to figure out how to fix what happened to Davina. The back half of this season has been great storytelling wise in my opinion.

21. DMP says:

I’m just hoping that Lucien’s blood has a delayed effect. I want Cami back on the show.

22. Jason says:

The spring season of lady carnage continues. Luckily it appears Davina’s demise will only be temporary (benefits of being a witch). For a moment I thought they might swap Aurora and Cami’s souls but no such luck (even if they had we would still have lost Leah Pipes). This was an emotionally brutal episode, that’s for sure. Though I imagine all the delusional Klaroline shippers out there are ecstatic.

23. Karen says:

Finally she’s dead.

24. sandra says:

Really sad to see Cami die just when they said love each other. Guess she wanted to quit show. Will sure miss her.

25. Zainab says:

When Klaus said “don’t you think for a moment you’ve failed me”, I really wanted too slap him I mean could he be any more narcissistic, like their relationship was dependent on whether she pleased him or not and she should feel good she hasn’t f

• Jen says:

I wanted to slap him too. She was dying because of him still he got to say that line. What were the writers thinking?

• Pam says:

That’s the problem, that is why Cami had to die to further Klaus’s story. MN clearly has never heard of the woman’s movement because he always making the women on the show become less to further the story. Look at Freya, she is suppose to be the original witch, except this season she is always floating in the background and weak. He clearly could have written an ending where Cami could have stayed alive, but chose to go for this ending for the ratings. If budget cuts was a concern then they could have decide that Cami was tired of being a victim, and wanted to see a world outside of NOLA.

• Karoline says:

Klaus wasn’t being narcissistic he was just trying to give Camille some closure, because she felt like it was her duty to help open Klaus up more and be more accepting. However, since she was dying she couldn’t fulfill that task. You forget that Klaus is a Mikaelson, the people they love usually die because of them loving a Mikaelson. So it’s nothing out of the ordinary for Camille to die that’s just the way it is. You shouldn’t get mad that she died, because it’s normal for them: to love and to lose. If we have seen them more in other centuries, we will see that this kind of thing happenso to them from time to time with all of the mikaelsons for always and forever.

26. Andrea says:

I love her so much she’s a amazing character and person I cried for an hour after this and keep saying it’s not fair I felt closer and I also felt that she didn’t deserve it but I can’t wait to so what next for Leah pipes I love her I also said that why I was balling my eyes out I hate that she died she is my fav character and actress

27. cdoc says:

BUY BEST QUALITY FAKE PASSPORT, ID CARD, counterfeit money (cdocproduction@gmail.com)

28. sweet cami is gone.We are best producers of High Quality passport, id cards and driver’s license (cdocproduction@gmail.com)

29. ivy walowe says:

It was sad but glad shez dead already finally

30. SandyAmandie says:

I really don’t understand this move from a story line perspective? Cami and klaus’ relationship has literally been in the works since the first episode of the series, and three years into the development of both characters they kill her off? Why not kill off Lucien instead he makes every scene he’s in nearly unbearable to watch, I don’t care about his psychopath story, I care about the ORIGINALS…

31. Lulu says:

Wow. So many have said that they just don’t “get” Cami. How could anybody watch this show regularly and not comprehend how vital she was to Klaus’ character development? She tried to look out for Davina. She and Vincent bonded over their status as mortals caught up in all the supernatural drama going on around them in spite of their efforts to try and get free of it. She and Hayley bonded over the fact that they were both in love with Mikaelson males, along with Hayley trying to help her adjust to being a vampire. She was a spunky, sassy smart character who had the courage of her convictions-and Klaus admired, respected, and ultimately fell in love with her. She helped him find his lost humanity, and now we’ll see if he tries to hold onto it

• Carla Krae says:

+1. I’m so sad they decided to kill her for good.

• kathlyn says:

Like you said, she was there for everyone and being Klaus LI but that’s basically it. We didn’t get to know who she is as an individual without associating her with other characters. The whole season 3 was like that for her. She was stuck playing everybody’s friend. It’s a shame really because LP is such a great actress.

• Elle says:

I mean, first I have no interest in watching a female character whose sole purpose is to drive a male’s ‘character development.’ Second, I really don’t think he’s changed all that much. Klaus was casually compelling a human for blood and labor a few eps back so it’s not like he’s recognized the value of human life or anything. And the changes he has made – trusting his family more, opening up are rooted in things that happened long before he met Cami, imo. I don’t think Klaus ever lost his humanity. He just buried it because he thought it made him weak.

• Christina says:

I agree 100% After watching this show from the beginning I don’t see how people think there is nothing to her except with Klaus in the picture. So hard after watching her for 3 seasons to see her be killed off.

32. Jean says:

Why is it only female regulars die for good across TVD and TO. Vicki, Jenna, Katherine, Sophie, Cami, Davina?. Yet never a male. Resurrected Jeremy and Alaric.

Seriously kill off a dam male regular for a change and let it stick.

• Elle says:

Kind of have to agree there. Jeremy’s constant death cheats were a bit ridiculous since he never did much anyway. And I wish Alaric had never come back because his SL with Caroline is both gross and painful to watch. And with TO as much as I like both Josh and Vincent they’re far from neccessary to the plot, tbh.

33. Elena says:

I’m not Cami’s fan, but killing her before Xmas and then 10eps later do it again is quite harsh on her fans. I’m worried about D’s death. Cami’s leave’s been discussed in press for a while and LP gave her exit interview. But DC stays silent, fingers crossed she’s coming back.

34. Carrie Joplin says:

Pissed

35. To be perfectly honest I hated Cami and I wanted her dead, just because I didn’t think she contributed to the story an awful lot. However, after this episode I have to give it to Leah and the gang. I cried like a baby through the whole thing and the incredible acting made me love Cami so so much. She will be missed!

36. Liza says:

Stellar performances from the cast last night! Moved me to tears more than once! But, I feel it was time for Camille to go. My question now is if/when The Originals will catch up to the time jump on TVD? When Caroline was looking for Klaus in the crossover episode, the bartender said that no one had seen him around for three years. When he left with Hayley and Hope a few episodes back, I thought that was it, but then they returned the next episode. Also, being nitpicking but they said Hope is two years old now and they need to get a toddler to play the role now. She still looked like a baby last night.

37. favour says:

So painful to see camille go. I will miss her a lot. Really wish She could come back. She made this movie enjoyable. Love u always. Rest well. And more success in your other projects.

38. Michelle says:

RIP Cami:(
    Now they better not start a love triangle with the two brothers and Hayley, because I will probably stop watching. Have seen it on TVD and don’t need to see it again.

39. Kaitlyn Shutes says:

That was a gut wrenchingly, (I am not sure that is a word) heartbreaking, night destroying episode. Cami’s performance was flawless, and Klaus tore my heart out with his acts of love and devastation… Divina’s death I did not see coming, well at least not this soon. I honestly thought they were not going to kill her off until the season finale. If they have all of this and we have three episodes to go, what is to come. Please in the midst of all this heart break can we finally have a Elijah and Hayley Union?!

40. Shannon says:

Totally po’ed. Killing off Cami? Really? I swore I was done last year when I thought she was dead but then I read Cami survived as a vampire so I kept watching, but if they really killed her off this time I will truly be done. If they bring her back, they better not pull this again. Enough.

• nadia says:

They’re not bringing her back-
      She doesn’t wanna come back
      i think Leah is mad that the writers didn’t give her a good storyline. so she decided to leave
      I jux can’t stop crying. It hurts so much bcoz
      1)Am never gonna see her act on TO,and
      2)I dun think I’m ever gonna watch TO again, EVER

41. Alvin says:

I knew she was going to die the moment she was turned and I was pissed when she turned because even though vampires are immortal the humansame live longer just ask the human Matt Donovan. Ask bonnie Bennett. Ask sheriff Forbes. She lived so long on vampire diaries as soon as elana’s aunt was turned she died Vicki died when she was turned elana and Caroline were lucky but most turned humans died so I knew it was only a matter of time for cammy

42. QueenMe says:

What a sad episode! Leah and Joseph really knocked it out of the park. The scene where Cami realized she was going to die and said she was scared made me bawl. I also liked the cute throwbacks to Klaus and Cami’s relationship such as the perfect day ar a cafe. Even if you hate Cami you have to admit that she’s very important to Klaus and their connection runs deep. I’ll really miss her and their relationship.

43. Karen Pierce says:

Im shocked. Cami and Davina nooooooo

44. Dani says:

Cami was boring. Arrogant vamp Cami was insufferable. The character that needed to gtfo finally got the gtfo. It only took her death for fans of the show to finally see what garbage and misoygnistic it is.

45. french5851 says:

Well played! Goodbye to an amazing character – thank you to LP.

46. ameerah says:

No…… Klaus deserve Cami its unfair

47. Lia says:

Davina didn’t die, in the may 13 episode she will appear again.
    As for Camille I did like the character , pity she is gone
    And Lucien I just hope they write him into hell where he belongs!

48. Nadia says:

They’re not bringing her back.
    I think Leah is mad that the writers didn’t give her a good storyline.
    So she decided to leave.
    It hurts so much bcoz
    1) I think I’m never gonna see her act on TO,and
    2)I don’t think I’m ever gonna watch the TO again

49. zed says:

RIP Camille!
    In my opinion she was a character they have not written well. Unfortunately, as she should/could have had an arc of her own, with all her family background, but she was used to orbit around Klaus as his groupie a lot of times, Hope’s baby-sitter etc. and, well, to be a catalyst for Klaus’ character development- which is so rubbish. It would have been much better if she had become Klaus’ special friend he could talk to and confide in.
    Whether you like it or not, the one who had altered his character was Caroline.
    I had hoped they would give her a sub storyline when they turned her into a vamp involving Vincent.
    But that is what this show lacks. A solid plot and then subplots involving characters intermingling. And, although it kind of exits with Davina, somehow the Originals are like a fragmented picture- there is something missing. And therefore, the ratings are low, and that is not surprising.

• zed says:

and, oh, btw-the EP is constantly saying that he does not care about ships- and yet it all looks like it is about ships!

50. Indialouise93 says:

I’m annoyed that Cami has gone, it was about time for her and Klaus to actually be happy together for a bit. Last time they were about to be happy she died the first time. Very annoying.