The Carmichael Show will be sorting out some daddy issues later this season, with the help of TV vet Adam Arkin.
Arkin — who most recently recurred as How to Get Away With Murder baddie Wallace Mahoney — will guest-star on a May episode of the NBC comedy as Grant North, Maxine’s dad. Described as a formal, exacting man, Grant comes into town for Maxine’s graduation and needs Jerrod’s help after having a painfully honest conversation with his daughter.
The actor’s extensive TV résume also includes roles on Fargo, State of Affairs, Justified and Sons of Anarchy.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* Netflix’s animated comedy F Is For Family has been renewed for a second season, creator and star Bill Burr announced on Twitter Friday.
* A bit of housekeeping over at Fox: Megyn Kelly’s first primetime special, originally scheduled for May 23, will now air Tuesday, May 17, at 8/7c, followed by the series premiere of dating show Coupled. Hotel Hell will now kick off Season 3 on Tuesday, May 24, at 8/7c.
* Hollywood power couple Kurt Sutter and Katey Sagal will appear at this year’s ATX Television Festival, running June 9 to 12 in Austin, for a conversation about their careers and collaborations, including Sons of Anarchy and The Bastard Executioner, Deadline reports.
* Hallmark Channel has renewed When Calls the Heart for Season 4.
* BBC America announced Friday that its five-part thriller Thirteen will premiere Thursday, June 23, at 10/9c. The drama stars Jodie Comer (Doctor Foster) as Ivy Moxam, a young woman who upends her family’s life when she escapes from the cellar that had been her prison for 13 years.