And the award for Fastest Revival of a Cancelled Series goes to… MythBusters!
The long-running Discovery program, which just aired its series finale on March 5, is on the precipice of getting (sorta) rebooted by sister network Science Channel, per The Hollywood Reporter.
The cabler has greenlit Search for the Next MythBusters, a reality competition series that, per the official logline, aims to find an “all-new generation of myth-busting science superstars with mind-blowing build skills and nerves of steel.”
Fifteen participants will have their skills tested via various challenges, involving both social media and stunts. Interested contestants can submit videos; more casting details are available here.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* Conan in Korea, the late-night series’ extended episode filmed on location in Seoul, will air Saturday, April 9, at 11/10c on TBS.
* Gwendoline Yeo (American Crime) will guest-star on an upcoming Grey’s Anatomy episode, though details of her character are being kept quiet, TheWrap reports.
* WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley will be the subject of Holy Foley, WWE Network’s upcoming docuseries about Foley’s life and relationship with his daughter, Noelle. The 10-episode, 30-minute reality show will premiere in August.
* Wanda Sykes’ first televised stand-up special in seven years, What Happened… Ms. Sykes?, will air on Friday, Oct. 21, at 10/9c on Epix.
* Cinemax has released a new promo for Outcast, its upcoming drama based on Robert Kirkman and Paul Azaceta’s comic book. Premiering Friday, June 3, at 10/9c, the series follows Kyle Barnes, a young man who enlists the help of a preacher in order to defeat his lifelong demonic possession. Watch the teaser below: