The Prison Break vet will reportedly recur on the cult hit’s upcoming continuation, according to our sister site Deadline. Though details of his character are being kept under wraps, he joins Balthazar Getty (Brothers & Sisters) and Amanda Seyfried (Big Love) in the pay cabler’s revival.
Thus far, Kyle MacLachlan is the only original cast member officially confirmed to return. Production on the series is underway in Washington state, with co-creator David Lynch directing every installment.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* One Tree Hill alumna Bethany Joy Lenz has nabbed the female lead role in Home, TNT’s drama pilot about the secrets lingering behind the facade of a seemingly idyllic suburban family. According to Deadline, Lenz will play Rose Bell, an accomplished (and newly pregnant) designer whose perfect family image is shattered by long-buried secrets.
* Cynthia Nixon (Sex and the City) will guest-star on The Affair‘s second season as Marilyn Sanders, a couples therapist who helps Noah and Alison during a period of strain.
* ABC has renewed 500 Questions for a second season, set to debut in 2016.
* The Fosters has cast Kelli Williams (The Practice) and Rob Morrow (Numb3rs) in the recurring roles of Justina, a well-connected foster care specialist who proposes a significant investment in Callie’s “Fost and Found” website, and Will, a liberal-minded free spirit who is introduced to the Adams Foster family via Stef’s mom.
* Netflix has released another cryptic teaser for Marvel’s Jessica Jones, in which Krysten Ritter’s title character hits the local bar — quite literally: