Fear the Walking Dead is, quite literally, about to go viral.
AMC on Monday announced the launch of Fear the Walking Dead: Flight 462, a 16-part web series that will air concurrently with The Walking Dead‘s sixth season.
Flight 462 will follow a group of passengers on a commercial airplane at the earliest moments of the outbreak, during which an infected traveler threatens everyone on board. One of the characters in the web series (aka the only survivor…?) will go on to join the cast of Fear the Walking Dead‘s second season.
The first Flight 462 installment will debut on AMC.com on Sunday, Oct. 4 — the same day as Fear‘s Season 1 finale — with each subsequent vignette becoming available on Sundays thereafter. The minute-long episodes will also air as promos during The Walking Dead‘s sixth season.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* Netflix has released a new teaser trailer for Marvel’s Jessica Jones (debuting Nov. 20), in which the titular heroine has a highly effective way of turning off her alarm clock:
* Speaking of Netflix, it will be the exclusive streaming home for CBS’ Zoo (Season 1 is available in the U.S. now) and The CW’s Jane the Virgin (Season 1 will be available Monday, Oct. 12, the same day as the show’s Season 2 premiere).
* The 70th Annual Tony Awards will air Sunday, June 5, at 8/7c, CBS announced Monday. Nominations will be announced Friday, April 29.
* Raúl Castillo (Looking) will appear in Gotham Season 2 as DC Comics villain Eduardo Flamingo, who will first turn up in Episode 9 as one of the city’s most dangerous hitmen, our sister publication Variety reports.
* Secretary of State John Kerry will visit The Late Show With Stephen Colbert on Thursday, Oct. 1, CBS announced Monday.