Teen Wolf: Five Teases from the Twisted Season 5 Premiere

Teen Wolf Season 5 Premiere

Teen Wolf‘s fifth season promises to change all the rules for Scott and his pack of supernatural misfits. And after getting a first look at the June 29 premiere (MTV, 10/9c), I can promise it’s worth the wait.

And while I can’t give away any major spoilers — the wrath of MTV is far more terrifying than any “Doctor” in Beacon Hills — I’ve been given the thumbs-up to share some of my first impressions from the episode, five to be exact. Ready? Let’s do this:

* Long-suffering Lydia fans, especially those lamenting the scene-stealer’s lack of meaty material in seasons past, will love what the premiere has in store for everyone’s favorite banshee.

* At least one new ‘ship will likely be born when fans watch the premiere — while another existing ‘ship will get some much needed wind in its sails.

* Derek may be gone, but he’ll never be forgotten. He of the Legendary Eyebrows is mentioned several times throughout the premiere, along with another fallen favorite.

* Cody Christian fits effortlessly into the world of Teen Wolf, though it’s unlikely your final opinion of his new character will be formed by the end of the hour.

* Lastly, as always, pray for Stiles.

OK, that’s all I’ve got for now, but TVLine will have lots of Teen Wolf scoop in the coming weeks. For now, drop a comment with your hopes for Season 5 below.

1. But what about van surfing? WHEN is that being adapted on the show? :P

2. Steven says:

Oh no. What are they going to do to Stiles now? Hasn’t he suffered enough? I miss the fun days of Seasons 1 and 2.

• Lizo says:

Seasons 1 and 2 were so good. I recommend them to people to watch, and then to pretend it got cancelled cause everything that came after sucked so bad

• DL says:

I dunno, in my opinion Season 3B was amazing, not only the best season of Teen Wolf, but truly excellent television.

3. Meli says:

I think I already love Theo! I cant wait to meet him!!!

4. Cat Brandy says:

“another existing ‘ship will get some much needed wind in its sails.” You better mean Stydia

5. Anna says:

Did you get to see both 5×01 and 5×02 considering they’re airing back to back?

6. Ian says:

Paps Stiles and Mama McCall?

7. Kate says:

My theory has been Holland Roden is going to be playing two versions of Lydia since the doctor she is talking to in the trailer is Vanek and we know what he can do and might have a particular issue with Lydia since she saved Deaton and could have heard that she is the key to Scott’s pack from Peter. So there is the part he is controlling where she thinks she is Eichen House and that all her friends are dead and its probably her fault and then the one that is likely the one she is thinking she is remembering from the beginning of the school year until she disappears.

I’m not sure what will be up with Stiles other than he is just pissed off most of the time. Like that maybe he remembers Theo even if Scott doesn’t.

A new ship? Huh, I can’t even guess, though the ones that need air in the sails are the Sheriff and Melissa and Lydia and Parrish.

• emily says:

stydia

• Radha says:

Lydia and Parrish? Parrish is a grown man and should not be looking at high school girls to date. I don’t care if it’s senior year, or if Lydia is now 18 or not. Just because the show planted that nugget of her turning 18 last season doesn’t make it a free for all that all grown men should now flock to her altar. I’m really tired of this trend of high schoolers dating older people

• pep says:

I feel like she “Dies” and the pack is left to go after the big bad that “Killed her” for the first half of the season. Stiles literally loses his mind because you know he said he would if she ever died. She is held captive or her abilities are used and abused wherever they hold her captive and then the pack at some point realizes she’s alive and save her. I hate seeing pictures of Stalia it’s a really disturbing couple.

8. Niejan says:

I AM SO EXCITED.

9. Stern des Südens says:

Will we see Danny this season? He was greatly missed last season.

• Skittles&Bits says:

I think the actor that plays Danny bowed out of this season.

• Lizo says:

No wonder. They barely gave him anything to do. Must have been hella boring and underpaid.

• Stern des Südens says:

Damn. Such an underutilized character. They should have made him a regular years ago.

• John036 says:

why? he was portrayed by such a poor actor. i think i read somewhere that danny was supposed to have a larger role but they cut it down because of the actor wasn’t what they were hoping for.

• Stern des Südens says:

He might not be the best actor, but who watches Teen Wolf for the acting?

10. Anna says:

Sadly I have given on Stydia.

11. Diz says:

Stiles needs to get a gig on another show.

12. Since says:

Andy, you lucky son of a gun!

13. shutuprob says:

Malia’s hair is waaaaaaay too short.

14. Any hints about what happens to Scott? He’s the one I’m most interested in.

15. Kelly says:

Hello fellas I have not been able to watch the premier were can I get it please

16. kokoexpert says:

Am so exciting when I heard. That the season will soon come am waiting for the film in fact I just want to see what will happen to peter, jackson coming back, Isaac coming back, and allison I heard that she will be back after death just like kate did I can’t wait

17. Ayla holman says:

Nooooy Derek He Didnt Die Fro What I Saw
    So Y Is He Gone

18. Angus says:

Bring Crystal Reed back. The shows not the same without her.

19. Who here want stiles and Lydia to finally get together

20. Bayleigh O'Malley says:

Okay.. Biggest question of all is Colton Haynes returning I need to know it’s killing me!

21. Mo says:

What do you mean that Derek is gone? Is Braeden gone too? My new favorite couple?