Game of Thrones First Look: Tyrion and Daenerys Come Face-to-Face

Game of Thrones Tyrion Daenerys Meet Photo

Dearest khaleesi, may we present you with your gift?

These just-released photos from Sunday’s episode of Game of Thrones (9/8c) offer a first look at one of this season’s long-teased scenes: the initial interaction between Peter Dinklage’s Tyrion Lannister and Emilia Clarke’s Daenerys Targaryen.

RELATED Quotes of the Week From Game of ThronesThe FlashLate Show and More

The former has been brought before the latter via his run-in with her former advisor Jorah Mormont (who, you’ll notice, is not in the photo). And at the end of last week’s episode, the Mother of Dragons did not seem poised to thank Ser Jorah for the introduction to her “gift.” Think Tyrion can talk his way outta this one?

Also in the newly released pics, several shots of Jon and Tormund beyond The Wall, where they encounter a new wildling woman named Karsi (played by Pitch Perfect 2‘s Birgitte Hjort Sorenson).

Click through the gallery below to see the moment — plus more photos from “Hardhome” — then hit the comments with your predictions for how the Dany-Tyrion meeting will play out.

1. dman6015 says:

Where are all the bookies screaming about this not happening in the books, and that they’ll never watch GoT again?

• Isobel says:

Well book 6 hasn’t been published yet and Tyrion is on his way to her, sadly the show didn’t cast two characters that he meets on the way

2. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

WTF!!!!!!……I really wanted to see this happen and it is!….Too bad I don’t HBO anymore I have to wait until the marathon/finale showing. Plus I have one of the books and the 2 of them don’t meet face to face.

3. akteufel says:

Seriously, WHAT are they doing with Jon Snow? This storyline is stupid. Give poor Jon something more interesting to do!

4. Jenny says:

I like that they’re taking Jon to Hardhome because I was kinda bummed when he decided not to go in the books. If this scene is anything like Cotter Pyke’s letter it will be intense! I’m very excited about it. I know this scene took a long time to film so I hope it takes up a significant part of the episode. I’m also very intrigued by the Dany and Tyrion scene. Obviously this hasn’t happened in the book but I was amount the fans frustrated that they came so close without meeting. Very curious as to where this leaves both characters if they keep Dany’s Dance ending (which I hope because it was great and will be visually very cool to see!). This season is def my least favorite so far but I’m excited about these two changes! Can’t wait for Sunday! :)

5. AddieM says:

I’m glad we din’t have to wait til next season for Tyrion and Daenerys to meet.
    BTW is ser Jorah not infectious to everyone around him with that greyscale?

• Isobel says:

I don’t think he’s touched anyone yet. Though I don’t know how it would work with things he’s touched that other people then do, or if Shireen’s doll had real human hair like dolls did in the old days and the infection only works when actually touching skin or hair.