Ratings: 5th Grader, Weight Loss and America's Got Talent Return Down

Smarter 5th Grader Ratings

Fox’s Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? returned on Tuesday to 3.3 million total viewers and a 0.8 demo rating, down 45 and 38 percent from its most recent (September 2009) episode.

That said, Fox notes that 5th Grader was up a tenth from [shudder] I Wanna Marry Harry‘s year-ago launch.

Come 9 pm, Hell’s Kitchen (3.3 mil/1.1) slipped two tenths week-to-week.

Elsewhere….

NBC | America’s Got Talent opened Season 10 with 11 mil and a 2.6, dipping 8 and 13 percent from its previous premiere yet dominating the night in both measures. I Can Do That debuted to 6.5 mil/1.8.

ABC | Leading out of a steady 500 Questions (4.7 mil/1.1), Extreme Weight Loss (2.9 mil/0.9) was down some 27 and 31 percent from its previous premiere.

THE CW | The antepenultimate iZombie (1.9 mil/0.6) added some eyeballs while steady in the demo.

1. Carla Krae says:

I’m not sure how many people knew various shows were premiering yesterday.

2. Mr. Tran K says:

Now that Fox is bringing back 5th Grader, let’s hope NBC doesn’t want to bring Deal or No Deal back to prime time because I think Howie Mandel continues to do a great job as one of the judges on America’s Got Talent instead of hosting DOND.

• B.T. says:

I’ve been worried about those Deal or No Deal briefcase girls for years. I’m afraid somewhere under some bridge are 26 homeless women all dressed alike.

• Mr. Tran K says:

I know. We haven’t seen or heard from the 26 briefcase beauties since DOND ended back in 2009 on NBC. Really hope they should do a Where Are They Now segment that includes the briefcase models.

• Sean says:

One is on The Real Housewives of Atlanta now.

3. Jane says:

Good for iZombie hanging on to viewers after sweeps.

4. Iakovos says:

A of this summer programming leaves me cold. Does not surprise the ratings go south.

5. Julia says:

Not surprising that ratings are down. I’m taking a much needed break from summer TV this year except for a show here and there. It’s going to be a Netflix and HBO Go heavy summer of catching up on other shows for me. Bloodline, Grace and Frankie, GOT, Veep, etc. are all on the agenda. :)

6. Mily says:

I prefer Biggest loser to Fifth graders. I’ve lost 21lbs easily with the Loaded Gun Diet, but I don’t like being dumber than the fifth grader

7. SPAMMER VON SPAMERSTEIN says:

SPAM DELETED #TVLineCares

8. Chris says:

Smarter than a 5th grader has been off the air for 6 years? It’s weird to think those original kids must be in high school by now. They should have a thing where they come back as contestants.

9. Timmah says:

People don’t want to watch this recycled, unimaginative stuff. There’s too much good programming on cable and Netflix now.

10. Joe Montgomery says:

America’s Got Talent has turned into a slapstick, bad comedy act starring the judges I will not watch anymore unless there are contestants who have more talent than the judges