The Voice Recap: And the Winner Is... Plus — Season 8 Finale Awards!

There were three losers and only one winner on The Voice‘s Season 8 finale — that is, if you chose to look at the Starbucks-sponsored plastic cup as half full.

If, however, like Blake, your glass had even a splash of moonshine left in it, maybe there were no losers at all.

After all, as Joshua “My Infant’s Fave Toy Is a Pair of Noise-Cancelling Headphones!” Davis, Koryn “My Ad-Libs + Pharrell’s Face = Magic” Hawthorne, Sawyer “Mortal Enemy of Men Without Hats” Fredericks and Meghan “Remember When I Won Can You Duet?” Linsey pointed out in their final “Voice Confessional” segment, simply making it to the finale of NBC’s smash-hit singing competition was an undeniable triumph. And the fact that they got to respectively duet with Sheryl Crow, Kelly Freakin’ Clarkson, John Fogerty and (encore? yesss!!!) Kelly Freakin’ Clarkson only added to the “You’re a winner! And you’re a winner! And you’re a winner!” vibe of it all.

The Voice - Season 8Yet from a purely technical standpoint — the one overseen by some highly paid accounting firm and based on phone/text/online/app votes (plus iTunes downloads) — tonight’s two-hour extravaganza, in which Luke Bryan revealed the formula for turning a cornfield into a party, had to engage in the ugly business of handing out 4th-, 3rd-, 2nd-, and 1st-place trophies.

Voice pundits (myself included) entered the week considering Sawyer’s win as much a certainty as Meryl Streep’s next burp landing her an Oscar nomination. And after his Monday night renditions of “Please” and “Old Man” landed at No. 2 and No. 3 (behind only the mighty Taylor Swift) on the iTunes chart, the proceedings felt like more of a coronation than a white-knuckle suspense ride.

Before we get to the results, let me first present TVLine’s Season 8 Finale Awards…

The Voice - Season 8BEST VOCAL PERFORMANCE
Kelly Clarkson’s interpretation of Etta James’ “I’d Rather Go Blind” oozed more heartache and passion than a dozen Nicholas Sparks novels combined, but she still showed enough restraint that duet partner Koryn Hawthorne also had plenty of room to wow the audience. The kid’s “Baby, BABY, BABY!” hollerations were especially delectable — and had Pharrell delivering simultaneous stank face and a “hallelujah!” smile. But Kelly’s end-of-song “She can sing, y’all!” was perhaps the best endorsement Koryn could’ve ever received. Some people wait a lifetime for a moment like this duet — but Mark Burnett & Co. gave it to us at the 31-minute mark. Noiiiice!

BIGGEST SCENE STEALER
With her wicked growl and off-the-charts charisma, Kimberly Nichole pretty much dominated Joshua Davis’ bring-back performance of “She Talks to Angels” (also featuring Corey Kent White, Deanna Johnson and Brian Johnson). And I’m not being biased toward my Season 8 fave: I mean, Joshua himself could only grin and point deferentially to Queen Kim as she took the reins for the entire bridge!

BEST PITCH FOR A SITCOM WE DIDN’T KNOW WE NEEDED
I sometimes forget Christina Aguilera’s wicked Kim Cattrall impression on SNL from back in the day — quick! somebody revoke my gay card! — but tonight, she pulled off a task harder than a female coach taking home the Voice trophy: Making one of the show’s pre-taped comedy segments undeniably hilarious. Xtina spoofed Miley Cyrus, Cher, Shakira, Gaga and (most brutally of all) Britney Spears in a “lost coach casting video” compilation. If laughter is the best revenge, then Cher-tina’s “Who’s Blake Shelding?” and “Adam Levine — is that my accountant?” made up for her team members Kimberly and India tragically getting the boot in the last two weeks before the finale.

The Voice - Season 8BUT HOW COME THEY DIDN’T HAVE ANY SEASON 8 FINALISTS ON STAGE WITH ‘EM?
Meghan Trainor’s “Dear Future Husband” was adorable. Ed Sheeran’s “Photograph” was lovely. And Luke Bryan made quite the impression singing about corn and dust or something like that. But why give ’em such prime performance slots without requiring them to include members of the Season 8 Top 20? I mean, whether or not you lamented the early exits of Sonic, Nathan Hermida, Rob Taylor and Hannah Kirby, didn’t they deserve a moment in the spotlight (outside the iffy Top 20 “fun.” medley), too?

WEIRDEST ‘BRING-BACK’ PERFORMANCE
Typically, if you make it all the way to The Voice finale, you choose four (or even five) of your colleagues to join you on the stage for a feel-good group outing. So while Meghan Linsey and Sarah Potenza were appropriately scratchy/howly (albeit not truly angsty enough for my taste) on “Piece of My Heart,” my main reaction to it was wondering why Meghan didn’t use her opportunity to spread the wealth among her fallen comrades. No me gusta, mami!

The Voice - Season 8WORST SOUND MIX
I was stupidly excited for the duet between John Fogarty and Sawyer Fredericks — and there’s no doubt their voices blended beautifully on a terrific medley of “Bad Moon Rising,” “Born on the Bayou” and “Have You Ever Seen the Rain.” But the way their voices kept fading out, then booming back to the front of the mix, then slipping away again, made me wonder if someone in the control booth had accidentally mixed up his or her water with Blake’s “clear liquid” delight.

FINALE SONG THAT SHOULD GIVE UP ITS INEVITABLE SPOT AT RADIO TO SAWYER’S “PLEASE”
Was it just me, or are we in agreement that Maroon 5’s new ditty “This Summer’s Gonna Hurt” was a cacophonous, mumbled mess? (And if your answer is “it was just you, buddy,” then please leave contact info for AARP along with whatever stinging retort you make down in the comments, K?)

MOST UNEXPECTEDLY DELIGHTFUL NEWS
After Mia Z’s absurdly early exit from Season 8, Pharrell Williams promptly hit the studio with her — and the resulting single is already on iTunes! (I’m about to download it in 5, 4, 3, 2…) Who says nothing good can come from those interminable Sprint Skybox interview segments?

The Voice - Season 8MOST ENJOYABLE BRING-BACK
I know Koryn sees her self as an inspirational artist — or at least that’s what Pharrell keeps telling us — but here’s hoping she catches the groove in her post-Voice life, too. Her lead vocal on “Uptown Funk” was grittier than an unwashed bag of spinach leaves. And her comrades Tonya Boyd-Cannon, Lexi Davila, Caitlin Caporale and India Carney all had very nice moments when the mic got passed their way.

BEST RUN
I most definitely enjoyed the coaches’ team-up on B.B. King’s “The Thrill Is Gone” — even Blake got a little bluesy up in there. But on a night where a lot of vocal powerhouses sung what they brung, Xtina’s crazy-beautiful “all I can, all I can, all I can, ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ll I can do-ooh-ooh” closing statement served as a reminder that she’s still queen of the red-chair kingdom.

And now, the new Carson Daly patiently waited two hours (three if you count that irksome clip show that could’ve been an hour-long concert starring Voice alums from prior seasons) to announce:

Fourth Place
Koryn Hawthorne (awwww…she shoulda been runner-up, dagnabit!)

Third Place
Joshua Davis

Second Place
Meghan Linsey

Season 8 Winner
Sawyer Fredericks

The Voice - Season 8Oh, heck yeah! Aside from perhaps sixth-place finisher Kimberly Nichole, the soft-spoken teen from upstate New York was Season 8’s most consistently excellent performer — in addition to showing a preternatural ability to inhabit a song’s lyrics and deliver adult-level emotion despite his tender years. If Sawyer doesn’t turn out to be The Voice‘s first victor to wind up a household name, then NBC’s reality competition probably has no shot of producing a superstar ever.

But that’s my take. What did you think of The Voice finale? Did Sawyer deserve to win? And who gave your favorite finale performances? Take our poll below, then sound off in the comments!

1. Mrs. Tran K says:

He is the worst voice winner since Jermaine Paul!

• lisa says:

Meghan or koryn should have won it. If the teenager girls didn’t vote he wouldnt have won

• Kbone says:

I agree!

• Maureen says:

I agree. I think he has a lot of talent but the show is called “the voice” and those two girls had huge voices. Have to say loved last year’s but disappointed with tonight.

• nadiyah says:

Agree one of the girls should have one. Sawyer was bland at Best. I down not understand.

• Brenda Lund says:

That’s the problem….you don’t understand or you would know why he won.

• khakayslider says:

Mia z’s new single “CHILD” and that wicked note. Amy Winehouse vibe, bluesy, crazy great.

• Jeff Dwyer says:

It’s not ‘The Best Voice’; it’s ‘The Most Popular Voice’.

Sawyer has a strong voice in a very limited range and has really no sense of adventure in his singing. He plays safe and makes it work. I love his choice of music, but did not like that he did not stretch out and still won. I like the kid, but I would have picked Kim or India to take it.

Kim had it all, voice, range, dynamics, personality and fire. India had the best voice, the best control through range, and the best sense of dynamics. But she was too musical, too cerebral and too subtle for the average potato-head with tin ears.

Mia was OK at times, but that squealy, squeaky thing she does just hurts my ears.

Koryn was good in the growl and preach range, but a bit freaky with that frenzied claw thing she uses to summon up whatever she summons up.

I loved Josh’s song choice and his calm steady personality, as well as his soulful skillfull voice. But he couldn’t hit enough demographic to win.

Meghan was great, She could have won, and second is OK, just not second to the one-octave kid.

My $0.02 CDN

• AB says:

It’s not called The Huge Voice. Sawyer’s uniqueness and beautiful tone blew those ladies out of the room every week.

• doc says:

Sawyer had no talent at all! He can not sing and definitely can not perform! Meghan is the best!

• Alex says:

Agree 100%. Sawyer is a prodigy. He won’t be a pop star. He’ll be an artist like his hero Rey LaMontangne or even Ed Sheran. If you heard a Sawyer song on the radio tomorrow you’d know exactly who it was. Very unique voice.

• kathry mitchell says:

Bland is exactly the word I’d use for him. And boring is another. Someone cut that stupid hair and give him a personality transplant. Blah. I look up who won before I watched – not even going to watch now. Kimberly Nicole was the best or Meghan. But this guy nah.

• P-Applecakes says:

I agree that Sawyer has a beautiful voice. But let’s not get carried away… He did NOT blow the ladies out of the water!

• jond says:

Then you don’t know singing! Meghan should have won hands down. It’s ridiculous to think he can sing at her level. When she sings, it leaves chills. When Sawyer sings, it’s just easy on the ear.

• kaykhaslider says:

i’m going to agree with AB that the show is not called Huge Voice, but it Still called the Voice. Sawyer, does not have unique voice, beautiful tone. And he didn’t blow anyone out of the room every week. The viewers who voted blew the ladies out of the room every week. You really don’t need a huge voice to sing his genre of music. There was a woman called “Elizabeth Cotton” A self-taught left-handed guitarist, Cotton, developed her own original style. Her approach involved using a right-handed guitar, not re-strung for left-handed playing, essentially, holding a right-handed guitar upside down. This position required her to play the bass lines with her fingers and the melody with her thumb. Her signature alternating bass style has become known as “Cotton picking”. She sang folk songs but she too, didn’t have a stellar voice. Wike, her. Sawyer, Is a unique talent. and a songwriter He doesn’t need a great voice. He has a good voice, that translate well on his singles from the Voice. What he’s already written and recorded, is really, truly artistic. He is an artist and content to be so. people recognized, and loved his artistic nature. His fans love him it was always a done deal. He is the most favored, he deserved the win. Get over it.

• Max says:

No they didn’t. They have the same voice

• tealeaves says:

Oh, how I wish someone would create a show called “The Diva!” Or “Who Can Hit the Highest Note the Longest?” So I can happily ignore that show and enjoy the variety on the remaining shows.

• Karen says:

I actually think The Diva could be fun!! While not always my favorites, some of them are great singers, but seldom win.

• Birdy says:

Oh, how I agree, tealeaves! LOL…. Although I really enjoyed SOME of the screamin’ divas’ performances, it gets so exhausting to listen to them time after time. I couldn’t listen to a full CD of it, or, instead of relaxing or energizing me (which is what I listen to music for), it would stress me out. That being said, I realized last night how much I wished Sarah had gone on instead of Meghan. And, once more, India’s voice blows me away–but I never considered her one of the screamin’ divas.

• Terry says:

“screamin’ divas”, hahah, that’s how I feel too. But what I can’t understand is why Slezak loved Kimberly’s performances but hated Meghan’s performances. To my ear they both beat their songs into submission, screamin’ with the volume on 13, and that is not pleasant to listen to, IMHO. So I’m glad Sawyer won. Too bad his parents couldn’t be bothered to dress for the occasion, they should have stayed in their seats.

• kaykhaslider says:

i know you were being just being factious, but I would really love it. The could make the “DIVA” extraordinaire Christina Aguilera, host the show.

• Birdy says:

I agree they have huge voices. But “huge” doesn’t necessarily mean “fabulous.” Unless you love a full-out assault on your ear drums all the time. Both ladies have good voices, but both need to learn how to be subtle and restrained when necessary, and when screaming isn’t the right approach to a song or a verse in a song. Seems too many people think that being “powerful” necessarily means being “loud and high pitched.” It doesn’t.

• will says:

Both of them could learn a thing or two from Kimberly. Too bad they somehow outplaced her.

• glo says:

I agree with Brenda Lund….you just don’t understand why he won….
          There were great singers this season.

• khakayslider says:

If I am relaxing, I listen to relaxing music. If I on the road, at a gym, shopping, out at a club, going to a concert, then I’m not listening to relaxing music. There exist in this world a thing called variety. I don’t live a sedentary life, my music gets me from one place to another. Soft music wouldn’t do it for me. If screaming Diva’s are not your wheelhouse, then why trash the “Diva’s” to get your point across. People love their music as much as you love Sawyers. To you he’s the best, to other he is not. if he produces a song I like I may buy it.

Jackie Evancho is a child prodigy born in 2000. Even now at 14 Her voice sounds bigger, her range and pitch is perfect. Her voice is powerful.

• Caroline says:

Since when is the only great voice a huge one? I much prefer someone who inflects a song with meaning and digs into the lyrics to a big voiced belter who is only concerned with showing off his/her range and throwing in as many vocal runs as possible. For example Ed Sheeran doesn’t have a huge voice but he’s a true superstar because he’s not only a great songwriter he inhabits his songs, not just sings them.

Sawyer was easily the most consistent/strongest performer among the finalists. I remember far more of his performances than I do Meghan’s. She shouted at me for much of the season. Not everything needs to be dialed up to 11. She could stand to learn a lesson from Kelly Clarkson (who proved last night you can have a great big voice and interpret songs beautifully without throwing in a million runs).

IMO, Sawyer easily deserved to win the show. He and Koryn should have finished 1-2.

• Mack_attack says:

Here, here! Agree 100%!

• will says:

Correction: Kimberly should have finished first, and second could go to whoever, but hopefully Mia or Koryn.

• S christie says:

Imo Kelly clarkson is the best singer in the world right now…. Sorry Christina but you are no match for natural talent like that.

• HTGR says:

The problem is the only great voice is NEVER, EVER a huge one on these shows and especially not past the first few seasons. I mean do you know that last huge pop voice to win these shows? Jordin Sparks! And Kelly Clarkson on the very first season was basically the only other one ever on these shows ever! (Candice had a big voice, of a rather different sort, not entirely my thing, but it was a heck of a voice, and did win, but only because they sent out nothing but ringers for guys, they made sure to not let a single potential contender of a guy into the top that season).
            It’s always the same safe, inoffensive, WGWG (or also Jermaine Paul type for The Voice).
            And the big voiced females pretty much have no prayer. Seriously, Whitney Houston and Ann Wilson could NOT win Idol past maybe season 5 or something and could not win The Voice post season 6. Two of the greatest pop vocalists in history and I swear there is no chance in heck they could win this show at this point (or Idol at this point). Isn’t that a bit nuts? And it gets to be a bit boring and frustrating. I doubt Xtina or Mariah Carey or Pink could not win this show at this point. Janis Joplin could not win this show. Kim Carnes. Tina Tuner. Aretha. etc. none could win this show at this point.
            Some of the female this season has such insane voices. I mean just crazy. The control in some cases. The range too in some. The tone also in some. But not one had a remote prayer. One even got sent home first!

• MC says:

@HTGR – There was no toppling Sawyer this season. He was a juggernaut and a young Kelly Clarkson probably could not have defeated him. I can understand the backlash to the Xtina type of singers. Are we losing emotion, nuance and subtlety just so someone can hit every note in their multi-octave range? I certainly felt that way when I was listening to Jacquie Lee a few seasons ago. Having said that, I did vote for Kimberly, Mia, Koryn and India many times in the last couple of months. I thought they were the most entertaining and passionate singers of this season.

• kaykhaslider says:

Jackie Evancho, s an American classical crossover singer who gained wide recognition at an early age and, since 2009, has issued an EP and five albums, including a platinum and gold album and three Billboard 200 top 10 debuts.

• OhMy says:

I don’t remember them renaming the show “The Huge Voice.”

• kaykhaslider says:

I don’t remember them renaming the show “The Little Voice.” There were a few singers on this season who felt it necessary to use every vocal acrobatic voice trick. All of the top ten are super talented. There was only four gifted artist this season. That is to say, only four who can create their own music. Of those four artist, there is only one all around artist/entertainer/performer I would go see in concert. There is also another that I believe is already a great artist. Being an great artist, and being in great voice doesn’t necessarily go together.
            How boring music would be if there was no variety. How boring if everyone only liked what you like.

S,

Clarkson is the best singer in the world….PALLLLLLEEEEEEEESSSSSSSE! Christina blows that big pie eating hippo away! As old as she is, Streisand is still the best singer….best ever! That rhino Clarkson should stick to wine drinking and winning pie eating contests! That’s where she really excels!

• Mr crabs says:

It’s about the voice that sells. Anyway, what really sells is young people using autotune while recording, then lip syncing their way through “concerts.”

• Ralphthegoat says:

I voted for him. I am a grandmother

• Birdy says:

These people who are insisting that Sawyer won on the teen-girl vote are deluding themselves. His popularity is spread out among all demographics. I guess people don’t bother READING anything anymore. They just make things up to suit their own purposes. There’s plenty of documented, anecdotal evidence that Sawyer’s fans run the gamut from the under-12 group to the over-80 one.

• TC says:

Amen. This 44 year old loved him and am thrilled he won! So I guess I fall right in the middle

• On Sawyers facebook its almost ALL older people commenting over there! Older couples, older men, older women!

• Angel says:

I’m 43, and Sawyer is the only one I’ve ever voted for (ever). I bought every one of his songs as soon as they were available (3 hrs before I could see it air on the west coast). Older people are usually the ones with credit cards and can buy songs. I am the one that buys songs for my kids; they can’t get into iTunes. Obviously it’s not just kids who admire his talent. I too can’t stand the screeching, belting, unnecessary runs to show off, etc. I like the purity and subtlety. Sawyer was much better not competing with the loud band and backup singers, imo. Just him and his guitar are best. So happy for him! If he hadn’t won with iTunes showing he was the clear leader all season, I would have guessed the fix was on.

• RedInDenver says:

That’s the thing: He probably received a lot of votes from pre-teen and teenage girls who found him cute; and from older women who found him adorable in a motherly/grandmotherly way.

I’m not saying those are the ONLY people who voted for him, but that those groups probably had a big impact on the voting this season.

• AlyB says:

I’m too old to be his girlfriend and too young to be his grandmother. I just like his music. His win I’d based on his talent.

• Max says:

No girls win every singing show and they all have the same boring voice. He had something different that everyone likes

• HTGR says:

Girls win all the singing shows? For real? You have guys on Idol who warble out of tune and last 4 or 5 weeks in, but a girl stumbles one part of one song and GONE.
          Other than the Candice season on Idol where they purposely put zero even remotely good guys through, Idol has had 3 girls win so that is 3 out of 12 times and take away country and you have but 2 out of 12. If you consider that to be pretty much winning all the time I’d love to make some bets with you with a ton of cash, because if that is how you read the odds, I’ll take any bet you offer.
          On The Voice, eight seasons and 1 completely non-country female winner! And counting country and country/pop it’s still only 3 out of 8. 3 out of 8 isn’t even a majority much less nearly always. Heck, last season did a single female even make to the top 6? Girls have the wins in the bag so Sawyer winning was a highly unusual and refreshing chance? Come on.
          And it’s not been any really unusual guys either, it’s been just regular, plain winners pretty much.

• MC says:

I have a couple of footnotes to this season and one of them may interest you. Check out the full version of the “Put The Gun Down” battle between Ashley Morgan and Mia Z. The extensive pro-Ashley/anti-Mia comments from Xtina were pretty ridiculous. I know some folks think Xtina walks on water, but she was completely wrong about those two imo. Xtina was generally less petty in her comments this season, but check out her comments to Hannah Kirby after her pitch perfect version of “We Don’t Need Another Hero.” Hannah was on her last leg in this completion, but Xtina only mentioned her shaky lower register on the first few notes of the song. The rest of it was great (arguably Hannah’s best of the season), but Xtina conveniently omitted any mention of that.

• HTGR says:

@MC –
            Interesting.
            Yeah I loved Mia Z and Hannah Kirby’s “We Don’t Need Another Hero.”

• MC says:

Change “completion” to “competition.”

• MC says:

@HTGR – Xtina did have some good moments this season. She turned for Deanna Johnson and then said “Strong” aloud as Deanna was finishing one of her runs. I also liked Xtina’s non-verbal reaction to India’s “New York State of Mind.”

• MC says:

The negative remarks from Xtina outweighed her positive contributions for this season imo. Xtina, however, has become more of a positive presence in the last year or so. She was absolutely unbearable a few seasons ago when Melanie Martinez was on The Voice.

• HTGR says:

In defense of Xtina though, Melanie Martinez, had a fairly weak voice and when she sang live she was often very out of tune and tended to have various other issues live too and I could understand why Xtina was getting a little frustrated inside. (Melanie’s studio recordings sounded much better.) Then again, OTOH, xtina also sniped a bit at Amanda Brown, who in all honestly actually did blow away all of xtina’s contestants (and all of everyone else’s that season as well). So yeah hmmm.

• Candie says:

Huh …what !!! Are you kidding me!! I can’t believe this!!! I’m sorry to say.. This is so so wrong. Meghan or Koryn should have won!!!!!!
        I picked Meghan from day one.
        I’m in total shock !!! Im shakin my head with this ! America what are thinking! He didn’t shed a tear. I have watched The Voice from day one and of all these years this was the worst one that should have not won. Sawyer has no wide range in his voice. I can’t believe it!!!!

• Sharon says:

Not true and I am a grandmother who loves Sawyer

• Lee says:

Huge voices of a mumbler and shrieker.

• Janet Timmons says:

The world has enough noise without these women trying to out screech each other. This isn’t Singing It’s NOISE!!!

• Birdy says:

I suspect that it was NOT the teen-girl vote that gave Sawyer the win! He pulls fans from all demographics. My 18-year-old son is a big fan, and I am 60 and a big fan. Probably the “boomer” vote that went for him. Sour grapes sound bitter, ladies. If your favorite didn’t win, then lament that. But it’s unbecoming to trash a winner that, very clearly, slayed the competition among the voters. If you don’t “get” Sawyer, then you don’t get him. But why trash him? Whether or not you think he was the best one, the voters have spoken….

• SharB says:

You are so correct in this post. Not everyone will be happy if their favorite didn’t win. Don’t bash the winner because you didn’t like their voice, style, whatever. The majority voted and the winner was announced. Stop whining.

• Jenks says:

Amen to this. Between the sniping among various trolls and the downright cruel comments about contestants’ talent, hair, personality, etc., this board has devolved into a train wreck. What is it that makes people want to say such hateful things about a 16-year-old kid? Or anyone, for that matter? Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but many of the comments made on this board amount to nothing more than cyber bullying. What sad little lives some people must have.

• AlyB says:

I totally agree. It’s a shame that people are so salty that their preferred style singer didn’t win that they can’t bring themselves to admit that someone else is talented, they just don’t like his style. I find the whole attitude that if they don’t personally like someone that person must be awful to be tremendously pretentious. Sawyer won this show. Most of his songs from this season are still on the ITunes chart which means people are still buying them while the others have fallen off. He’s received accolades from all over. He is objectively great at what he does. It’s ok to say you don’t like something. It’s another thing entirely to insist that if you don’t like it, it’s awful. It seems some people want to kill the variety of styles represented on this show and only have powerhouse females. They’re the only ones some of these posters recognize as “good”. As much as I like a great female big voice like Kelly Clarkson, a show like the Voice needs variety. I loved Mia & Koryn too but I’m glad Sawyer won.

• Newbie says:

You are wrong Jenks. MY opinion about music is correct and anyone who disagrees is wrong. Music is, like all art, a truly objective medium.:)

• Jill Moy says:

I wish we could see a wrestling match between sumo wrestlers Candice Glover and Kelly Clarkson. The referee….Baby Hippo, The Velvet Teddy Bear! Now that is great entertainment! PUT ON A SHOW, BEASTS!

• jane says:

I agree ! He should not be between the 4 final. I was very disappointed

• Typicalvoice says:

Completely agree, I honestly thought Meghan was going to win, at least she won’t have “The Voice” red tape from hindering her music career. It will become obvious that they made a mistake when she out sells Sawyer on record sales.I think Josh will have a better career than Sawyer. Look at all of the previous Voice winners, not one has much success in the music business. Matt Mcandrew didn’t win and had a song rated higher in the Billboard. Same thing will happen with the other three contestants this season, they won the real prize.

• Sharon says:

Not true. Sawyer is special Meghan is not. There are many like her everywhere. Sawyer will be a star you wait and see.

• P-Applecakes says:

Many like Meghan? Name even a couple that have her sound…..

• Jill M says:

SHARON,

You are wrong! Megan is very special….SHE’S VERY GOOD AT PLAYING MONSTERS AND ZOMBIES IN MOTION PICTURES! SHE CAN PLAY A VARIETY OF MONSTERS WITH THAT UGLY FACE!

• Lee says:

I think Josh will hit it big before Sawyer too because Josh can write radio-friendly songs. I still haven’t heard anything that Sawyer has written which makes me wonder….

• Newbie says:

You’re on to something there Lee (though I disagree about Josh). As with every alum of AI or Voice I think the biggest challenge is good post-show song writing. They win the show by being fantastic cover artists, but they eventually have to live on originals. (Unless you’re Adam Lambert and just keep singing covers with Queen. JUST KIDDING, Glamberts!). Sawyer has a good shot though, he was absolutely crushing it on iTunes so people seem to be enjoying his full length studio work.That’s a good start. Also helps that his first single was written by a fantastic songwriter. But yes, the rest remains to be seen.

• Secret Garden says:

I’m sorry but I had to laugh at the comment above in re: a blessing Meghan losing so her career is not “hindered ” by The Voice! Please. Would you like to re-think that comment? Meghan was a ringer brought to the show to jumpstart her stuck in gear career! There’s no hindrance except herself. Thanks for the chuckle.

• Wild child says:

Sawyer is actually a very talented songwriter and while I know he worships Ray LaMontagne, i really wish Pharrell had encouraged him to use his own material. He has an entire album of his own work on iTunes All written at the ripe old age of 12/13. Unlike Meghan he didn’t needs multple co-writers and unlike Joshua he didn’t dust it off from his vault of unwanted songs. According to his Twitter he’d been writing feverishly since the competition began so I know he had new material. I suspect Pharrell didn’t want Koryn to to be the only contestant who didn’t write her own song. It would havemade her stand ou in a bad way. Sawyer also has original material on YouTube, might I suggest Any Of My Trouble. It’s brilliant. You can come for Sawyer all you want but don’t question his abilities has a songwriter. The kid is the real deal.

• Jenks says:

I thought about that, too, but I figured when Ray LaMontagne generously offered the song, they couldn’t exactly say no. I’m sure we will hear lots of Sawyer’s original work going forward. I hope so.

• TC says:

If Meghan will outsell Sawyer as you predict, then how can you explain his unbelievable ITunes sales for all of his recordings-even the stuff he worked on before the show? You are delusional

• JJ says:

Get a clue people. Legends like John Fogarty don’t come on t.v. shows to sing with 16 year old boys just because 13 year old girls vote for him. If that kid didn’t have a voice that was unique he wouldn’t have come on the show. He apparently saw a star at the beginning of a huge career.

JJ,

BULL!

• JJ says:

Bull. Really, how many big artists have you heard of giving a song they’ve written to a contestant on a reality singing show. I didn’t see anyone offering anything to the screamers or the opera great India.

JJ,

PLEASE…The kid has no range or personality! Anyone who really knows music knows this kid is average! He sounded terrible with John F. and he is bland! The attraction is his age! A John Denver, I THINK NOT! He sounds nothing like him!

JJ,

You mentioned BIG ARTISTS! Do you mean SUMO WRESTLERS CANDICE GLOVER and KELLY CLARSON? I would love to see those hippos mud wrestle with The Velvet Teddy Bear being the judge! Much more entertaining than those 2 singing!

• bern says:

I love all the negativity going your way from commenters, Jill Moy. You deserve it because you are such an awful person. You are also a sad person, who spends way too much time on the internet – making disparaging comments about people who actually have Lives.

• MC says:

This season was very much a retrospective of great folk rock classic songs. Fogerty was on The Voice as part of that running theme. They asked him to be on the show, but how bad does Sawyer have to be before he refuses the offer? An established performer appears on The Voice because his catalog of songs will suddenly experience a surge in sales. That will always be the major motivation. It’s nice to encourage the kid, but how could anyone know if Sawyer will be a star? Steven Tyler agreed to perform with Jax (that’s right, Jax) on American Idol. They didn’t give her much to do, but she briefly shared the stage with him. Look at the number of people (since Carrie Underwood) who have attained success in the music industry after appearing on a talent show. It’s a very short list.

• JJ says:

So, your saying John Fogarty needs the money. I’m sure he’s hurting pretty bad. Also, what other contestants were singing these folk classics you say was the theme of the season. I agree nobody turns down free money but if the kid couldn’t sing it, why was it all over iTunes. Ya think the sound engineers turning off the wrong Mic had anything to do with messing up a 16 year old while singing next to a legend. Turn off Jax’s Mic and see how she does.

• MC says:

It was the theme of the season because of Sawyer and Sawyer was the most popular person on the show. Simple statement of fact. I’m happy to acknowledge that Sawyer and Pharrell brought out some great songs for America to hear this season. I didn’t love Sawyer’s vocals, but that’s just my personal opinion. You did not understand my comment about Jax, but let’s just say Jax was not one of my favorites on this most recent season of AI. I’ll leave it at that. I don’t know if Fogarty “needs” the money or not, but maybe he wants a bigger nest egg for his kids. The sales of established artists (including anything in their entire catalogue of music) tend to spike immediately after they appear on these talent shows. That’s just a fact. That’s the reason for doing the show. I think Mia Z and Koryn will be quite successful, but that’s just my guess. Sawyer could also be successful, but some of his appeal comes from his extreme innocence imo. I wonder if his fans will be so fervent and dedicated when they hear Sawyer in five or ten years.

• Lori says:

He was a guest singer that would have been guest singing with whoever was in the finals. Guest appearances are scheduled by producers way before the season starts. Guests don’t call up and beg to be on the day before because they think a person is good. What you’re suggesting is the competition is rigged-how would John Fogerty know to come on the finale show to sing with him, how would John know Sawyer was in the finale? This is a live show. Guest singers normally have their appearance schedules completed months in advance.

• Pennagirl65 says:

Legends LIKE John Fogerty are booked to guest appear on the show before the season starts. How could John Fogerty know he would be singing with a 16 year old boy. He didn’t ask to sing with him …. the producers scheduled John Fogerty. This is a LIVE show, right?? Or with you reasoning…is the show rigged?

• Mack_attack says:

Fogarty still sounds great! I agree, JF doesn’t need to pimp himself out, that was a nod to Sawyer’s talent.

• MC says:

It’s not just the money for his kid and grandkids, but the artistic satisfaction that comes from exposing your music to a new generation of fans. The enduring legacy of an artist is (and should be) very important to him/her.

• Jill Moy says:

Never have been a Swyer fan. Was he singing the same CCR song as John? What key was Sawyer in? Anyway, an average singer wins The Voice! At least Meghan, THE BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN’S MONSTER lost! How does this SCREAMER come in second? I knew she would even though Koryn should have placed second! I say second only because of Sawyer’s popularity! Let’s be honest, Koryn had the most talent of the 4! But, even Koryn never appealed to me as she overdid every song! I let you all go on and on how great she was and for once, never said anything! I think once I said she overdoes every song and sometimes is a mush mouth!

I believe India was the best this season.

I thought Trianor was great tonight! The coaches, minus Xtina can’t sing! PHARRELL should stick to singing a no range HAPPY, because he stinks! Xtina on THE THRILL IS GONE, won the night’s singing honors!

I believe Sawyer has a career only because he’s popular! Remember, there are plenty of singers with limited talent who sell millions! Sawyer falls into that group!

• Jill Moy says:

CROW and JONH F. were also great tonight!

• Jill Moy says:

Be prepared folks, coming up are 2 children arguing back and forth 10 times or so! God, I put down contestants, not people who comment!

As for Kelly Clarkson, she needs to drink less wine and pie eating and exercise a little! Pretty soon she’ll take over first place from Candice Glover as the biggest Rhino in AI history! Candice is the pie eating world champion with Kelly the hippo a close second!

• Lori says:

Who are you to comment on a person’s weight? What does that have to do with the topic?

• SharB says:

You really have some nerve talking about other comments about the contestants then you spew all that hatred towards Kelly and Candice. Pot calling kettle…..get a life please and shut up. Nobody wants to hear or read your nasty and rude comments.

• Luke says:

What an awful person you are, Jill Moy. YOU deserve to be “put down” in comments, along with other trollers who are ugly on the inside – which is a much worse thing to be. Kelly Clarkson was the best artist last night – and is so far evolved as a human being compared to your kind. – (That felt good to say.)

• bec says:

And you Moy ? You are a goddess? You seem to be judgementlal…crass…and insensitive. ..perhaps u need to eat some humble pie.

• bad black says:

Um excuse yoy but who are yoy to say something like that while she’s making bank and raising a beautiful family, you sound like a menopausal women and besides, Jill sounds like an ancient and fat name. Tata

• Birdy says:

Jill Moy, I assume you are the most beautiful, slender, and talented woman in the world? You must be, for you to make the comments you do about others.Or, maybe you think your “sharp wit” is amusing? Or, do you just think that because nobody can “see” you that it gives you license to spew your hateful words without consequences? That it’s actually OK to say the rude, nasty, denigrating things you do? Well, it’s not. I don’t care who you are, who you think you are, or that you’re “anonymous” on the internet, there will be karmic payback for you someday. Mean people never win.

• P-Applecakes says:

Wow. Pissed off much? I doubt any of the coaches care what you think. Whether you want to admit it or not, they are talented. Maybe you don’t have the same taste in music but many others do and they are extremely successful, so rant on Jill Moy!

• Jill Moy says:

Whatever you all say! GOODNIGHT!

TO ALL HATERS ABOVE ME,

Yes, I am beautiful and I CAN SING! OH YES, I CAN SING! YOU ALL KNOW WHO I AM. I’M SURE YOU HAVE PLENTY OF MY CD’S AND HAVE SEEN MY MUSIC VIDEOS!

I speak the truth. I just feel Kelly Clarkson is THE BIGGEST THING ON TV….AND I DON’T MEAN FOR HER SINGING!

When she was on television, singing with Koryn, I didn’t recognize her, she was so fat, a true rhino! She publicly said on ELLEN that WINE was more important than her weight, that she’s happy with her weight! THAT’S RIDICULOUS!

Don’t answer this trolls and haters as the season is over; I’m not viewing this blog any more!

If you all love listening to Rhinos and hippos…Glover, Clarkson, etc,, SO BE IT! They don’t care about themselves, entering pie eating contests and guzzling down wine! Why then, should anyone else care about them as they replaced SALLY STRUTHERS as the biggest hippo on television, both surpassing her world record of 15.5 pies eaten in 12 hrs. at the IPEC, INTERNATIONAL PIE EATING CONTEST finals of 2014!

• J. Scott says:

Your ugly comments don’t show the slightest amount of the “beauty” you say you have. Pathetic.

• kaykhaslider says:

Jill Moy’ In case you do come back to see if there are any responses to your poision you spew “Your beauty may be only skin deep, but your ugliness is to the bone.”

BIRDY,

OH SHUT UP! STUFF IT CLOWN!

• Birdy says:

Thank you, Jill, for your very mature and sensible reply. I feel honored to be called a clown by you. Must mean I’m doing something right in my life.

• Dave says:

Absolutely agree 100%. He and Jeramaine are the worst winners.

BIRDY,

WHY DON’T YOU FLY AWAY “BIRDY” AND NEVER RETURN? You readers can’t handle the truth! At least I don’t put down people who comment on here! No matter how harsh people,are, ncluding myself, they are entitled to their opinions!

No, you could never do anything right….DON’T FLATTER YOURSELF! What would a blog be if everyone was goody goody shoes! Different strokes for different folks. Others say worse things than me and it’s like they’re invisible…NOBODY SAYS A WORD!

If one doesn’t like what I have to say, MOVE ON! Deep down you all love it and are afraid of REALLY saying how you feel, in your own comments!

• RedInDenver says:

Music is a matter of taste, for the most part; but I don’t think Sawyer should have won; and he probably wouldn’t have won if there weren’t so many pre-teen/teenage girls voting.

I thought he peaked in the BLINDS with “Man of Constant Sorrow”, and never really had a moment (as far as I could see, anyway) after that. I thought the song choices were pretty poor, which may be why I actually did some TV remote surfing during some of his performances, which I found pretty underwhelming.

Unlike prior seasons, I didn’t really have a favorite this time. I thought Koryn was GREAT, except that she’s limited in terms of range. I thought Megyn was amazing, except I think she needs to use dynamics more, rather than going full bore pretty much the entire song. And, like Sawyer, I thought Josh was great when given the right song; but thought he lacked many ‘moments’.

• Newbie says:

I was actually surprised at Sawyer’s popularity. I (a 40-year-old man, btw) really liked him and the depth and character of his voice, but I thought he represented way too narrow a genre to go far on the show. I was obvs wrong. The thing that stands out is that he OWNED iTunes. More than any other artist (on either show, perhaps ever? anyone know iTunes sales records for AI or Voice?) people were lining up to actually pay real money for his recordings. I found that noteworthy.

• BobbieJo says:

Victory is OURS Sawyer fans! I knew we could do it! Not that Sawyer had any major major competition this year but thank you all for your votes and positivity. I know a lot of people on here are BITTER and MEAN-SPIRITED due to the fact their favs went down in flames. lmao

• Yes I am sooo happy, I just adore this kid and his voice! Ray Lamontagne’s facebook is getting bombarded with Sawyer fans, thousands thanking Ray for giving sawyer a chance to sing that song! So at the same time Ray is getting plenty of attention along with Sawyer. Set your DVR”s for tomorrows Today Show! Sawyer is on it!

• Jill M says:

BECCA,

Just checkin’ to see how long it takes you to respond so when the time comes I’ll know! Thanks!

• Hey Jill. Im still around and checking to see if you are posting anything! And to watch reality check!

• Jill Hi I got back to you on the voice page, but guess what, there is an AGT tv line.Its not done by Slezak though, its done by someone else! No great singers yet, well maybe those three guys, they were better than Restless Ronch (roads) lol That cuddler chick is for real. I saw her on the local news last year! She actually owns a cuddling business! But that is not talent worthy! So I cant predict a winner yet because I dont think we have seen all the singers!

BECCA,

On AGT, those 3 guys, TRIPLE THREAT;They were pretty good and last night the 2 black guys singing “MAN’S WORLD” were very good too. So far, not the talent of last year.

• Jill Hi its Becca, yes triple threat was very good! That regurgitator was kind of icky! I just cant believe Anthony Riley from the voice commited suicide. So sad!

• Jill Moy says:

DOES KELLY CLARKSON PLAY LINEBACKER FOR THE LOS ANGELES RAMS?????

ANGIE O,

You broke THE GUINESS BOOK OF WORLD’S RECORDS with 43 comments on a blog! You’ll be honored with a trophy that is inscribed: BIGGEST BLABBERMOUTH IN TVLINE HISTORY! ONCE HAD AN AMAZING 43 SEPERATE COMMENTS ON A BLOG, A RECORD THAT MAY NEVER BE EQUALED! “HAIL TO THE CHIEF!”

• Jill Moy says:

ANGIE O, You did good, you won the TVLINE LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD FOR “THE BIGGEST BLABBERMOUTH EVER, IN THE SIGHTS HISTOTY!” This blog sealed the deal as you amassed a record, 43 comments on one blog! BOY ARE YOU LONG WINDED! YOU MUST BE A REAL RIOT AT THE WATER COOLER!

2. Mike says:

Nice! Now, produce a superstar, The Voice!

• JM1 says:

Hands down the best singers tonight were the pros: Kelly, John Fogerty (how does he STILL sound the exact same?), Sheryl Crow and Meghan Trainor. Sawyer looked and sounded completely lost next to Fogerty but how cool that he got to sing with him.

• Alex says:

Their timing was off. Fogerty came in at the beginning of a verse that Sawyer was supposed to sing and that seemed to throw them off. Live TV.

• Jill M says:

EmYOU MEAN KELLY “THE PRO WRESTLER!” She’s THE BIGGEST THING ON TELEVISION alright! Sumo wrestlers have nuttin’ on Kelly! Her real talent is pie eating! She downs ’em at a sub-human rate, sometimes 20 in one day! She is Marvelous, simply MAAAAAAAVELOUS!!!

3. Florence+TheMachineRules!!! says:

EVERYONE GO FOLLOW KIMBERLY ON TWITTER: @KimNicky. Also go check out Mia Zs new video and song produced by pharrell!!! Great ending to a show!!! 😃😃😃

4. Jaszy says:

Well…it was a foregone conclusion. Sawyer was predicted the winner from the beginning. His win was inevitable, therefore, the finale wasn’t as climactic as past seasons.
    However, he did deserve the win! He’s such a little star!
    Proud of you, SAWYER FREDERICKS!

• Terry says:

True that. It wasn’t suspenseful at all, but still an enjoyable season… lots of talent this season.

5. Jaszy says:

This was the most anticlimactic season finale ever. Sawyer’s win was a foregone conclusion from the beginning.
    I ain’t mad at him! Do it, Sawyer Fredericks! He’s a little star!

6. Angie_Overrated says:

Well, that was incredibly dull. I had such high hopes for this season, and we ended with this. Sigh. I have this terrible feeling in my gut that The Voice is going the way of Idol where only WGWG’s can win given the voting blocs who watch the show. I hope I’m wrong…
    Best of luck to Sawyer. To all you people who have been referring to him as a genius and the second coming of John Denver (?!?!?!), I hope you actually buy his album. I will not be a buyer of his album, but I wish him the best.
    Congrats to Koryn. She broke the curse of never having had a black female in the finals in 8 seasons. Given the odds stacked against her, it was a massive victory and she should be proud. And she gave IMO the moment of the results show in her duet with Ms. Clarkson. Chills. That was amazing. Both of them.
    To those of you whom I like, have a great summer! I’ll miss you guys.
    To those of you whom I hate, bite me. And when you’re done biting me, bite me again.

• CringeWorthy says:

LOL….Petulance is always so embarrassing when the spewer is an adult…

• analythinker says:

I’ll miss you too! (I assume you like me, heh.) I hope the fall show is much better with much, much, much better talent and song choices!

• Angie_Overrated says:

Oh yeah, my doppelganger on the other side of the planet! :) You’re on the former list, not the latter.
        Stay cool. It gets DAMN hot over from what I remember.

• Timmah says:

For once I completely agree with you, Angie_O! :) Take care and see you next show.

• Angie_Overrated says:

It was a rare season of agreement for us. I’ll dedicate this next Sapphire and tonic to India and Joey.
        Not sure if you were still watching when she did this one, but please do check out India’s studio recording of John Legend’s Glory. Knowing what I know of your tastes, I can almost guarantee you that you will love that one.
        See ya in the fall!

• DebbieDowner says:

Not as dull as your novel here. Could you be any more depressing?

PS-Sorry Tessanne wasn’t black enough for you.

• Angie_Overrated says:

“PS-Sorry Tessanne wasn’t black enough for you.”
        Tessanne CHIN? With the “black” part of her coming from her mother who also looks full-blooded Asian?
        In a word, no.

• blake8 says:

So Koryn is mixed (white mom), but “black” to you. Tessanne is mixed with African heritage, but is an Asian Jamaican because her mom (European/African heritage) looks Asian to you? Mmmkay

• Angie_Overrated says:

Tessanne is about as black as Elizabeth Warren is Native American.

• Kaba says:

Koryn’s mother is black…

• Angie_Overrated says:

Haha, I didn’t even realize he/she claimed Koryn’s mom is white. That’s hilarious!

• Angieknowsall says:

I’m sure Koryn’s mom is Creole, but that somehow makes her black. Tessanne is not because Angie, the arbiter of skin color, says so.

• AngieRocks says:

Tessane’s as “black” as Tiger Woods. Hasn’t stopped him from getting “fried chicken” and many other comments. I’m glad you think you’re qualified to determine someone’s “blackness.” You’re pobably more qualified for that than evaluating singing talent. What a waste of space you are!

• Angie_Overrated says:

Big sloppy wet kiss to you too, TJW!!!! Have a great summer!!!

• Wild child says:

While it pains me tremendously to side with Angie_Overrated in any capacity she is right. It’s apparent that many of you are subscribing to the one drop rule. Sure she has some black ancestry on her mothers side but but she also is Chinese and Native American on her father’s side. At most she is mixed race as are most Chinese Jamaicans. I have never heard her identify as a black woman

• Does TJW, stand for Taylor John Williams from last year? Im not understanding the TJW reference. Please someone explain!

• tvtjw says:

@calebswackofan – I happened to get into an argument with @Angie_Overrated on the boards last week. While who Angie is arguing with on this week’s board is not me, she thinks it is and is yelling at her opponent of the week for being me and creating a fake account. I have no other accounts – my username is tvtjw – which does stand for “The Voice – Taylor John Williams.”

• TVTJW oh Ok thanks for explaining,because I was trying to figure out if she was just calling people Taylor John Williams! LOL

• Karen says:

Tessanne’s exotic looks come from the mixed ethnicity of her family, embodying the Jamaican motto “Out of many one people”. Tessanne’s father is of mixed Chinese and Cherokee American ethnicity whilst her mother is of mixed black (Jamaican) and white (English) ethnicity.

• Jon says:

Angie, for maybe the first time, I have to disagree with you. I thought that was a terrific finale. Lots of really good singing, funny skits (especially Xtina’s impressions and Blake’s “Whiplash” parody), and good vibes throughout. The Kelly Clarkson/Koryn duet was fantastic and the coaches’ BB King tribute was superb (Xtina SLAYED — if I had a weave, she would have snatched it). Yeah, we all knew Sawyer would win, but it was still, IMO, a really enjoyable two hours.

• Angie_Overrated says:

Hey, Jon! Every single point that you’ve made I agree with 100%. I also enjoyed Joshua’s group performance with Brian (he left us too soon), Deanna, Kimberly, and Corey. I guess I was referring more to my sadness that The Voice is going the way of Idol in terms of the way people vote. It’s too early to tell if this is a trend, but if it is, it’s not a trend I’m particularly thrilled about.

• Angieknowsall says:

Maybe you’ll stop ruining the comment section here, then?

• Angie_Overrated says:

lol … says the person trolling my every comment?
            You’re obsessed, kid. At least you have a few months to focus on more productive endeavors, like killing cats and sniffing glue.

• bobsaccamanna says:

I’m assuming I’m in the first group Angie lol, have a great summer yourself. I won’t even bother to comment on the show because it was dull and the result was a foregone conclusion. But, I was listening closely to hear if Sawyer gave a shout out to BobbieJo for all of her help with his epic win. I didn’t catch it, it must have been whispered.

• Angie_Overrated says:

Yes, yes you are, Bob. :) Have a wonderful summer yourself. Hopefully next season is a better one!

7. Betsy says:

My favorite parts were Sheryl Crow, Xtinas comedy bit, and the tribute to BB King (guitar solo by Adam)… And I’m glad Sawyer won. He has a great career ahead of him. I also think Meghan Linsey’s original song will be a big hit

8. To be honest, the 1-hour recap, followed by the LONG coronation, was too much when the outcome was all but certain already. And hey, someone should fire the sound engineers for getting the wrong mix every time Sawyer performed. (Mic turned down when with Fogerty. Bring-back performance, the band drowning out all of them at parts, etc.)

But Sawyer deserved this win hands-down and will likely go on and on and on with a long, successful career. I mean, in 8 years he’ll still only be 24 years old. Think on that, and what even more experience will do for him when he already has so much going for him.

• MyForce5 says:

Sawyer and Joshua were my favorites from their first performances, as was Sawyer to most everyone I know. Hey, if seeing the one with “the voice” win was anticlimatic then someone just had a different favorite. Love Frederick and he was the runaway favorite all season and I’m 61.

• Ralphthegoat says:

Agree sound engineers almost ruined it. Overstaging too many lights and smoke overpowering the singing. But mostly terrible terrible mixing But the performers overcame

• Ralphthegoat says:

Completely agree. Sound engineers almost ruined it

• jd says:

I thought Sawyer looked as lost as Daniel Seavey standing next to Fogerty.

• MC says:

The Seavey reference may be lost on those who skipped this season of AI, but they have similarities. Sawyer and Pharrell were smart enough to select songs that demanded passion and an awareness of societal issues. The songs themselves are so well written that the singer is often perceived to be completely in synch with them. I was reminded this season how important songwriting can be. People have mentioned Bob Dylan, Neil Young and James Taylor often in this column. They were great songwriters first and foremost. Did Sawyer always “inhabit a song’s lyrics and deliver adult-level emotion?” MS apparently thinks so, but I think the power of the songs may have simply created that illusion.

9. Chloe says:

Since Kimberly didn’t make it, I’m glad Sawyer won. But I’m even more glad that Blake lost. I like the big guy, but it’s time for someone other than him or Adam to win. So congrats, Pharrell.

• P-Applecakes says:

So you’re saying you vote for the coach and not the artist? They say that’s what is totally wrong with this show…… I was hoping it wasn’t true!

• Woodmeister says:

I wonder if they can get around the whole “vote for the coach” thing if the coaches rotated among the singers once the live rounds start. The singers stay with one coach until the live rounds and then the names of singers are thrown into a hat and the coaches pick which singers they get to coach for the next week. That might mitigate any bias among voters for one coach over another and maybe, just maybe, it might result in a wider variety of song choices. Just a thought.

• P-Applecakes says:

And a very interesting one at that…….

• Birdy says:

I think it would be fantastic for the show to find a way to keep people from voting for the coach and not the artist! I’m a new fan of “The Voice,” and was flabbergasted to find that people for for someone on the basis of who the coach is! IMO, that’s not really being a music fan, that’s being a fan of the coach. Rotating the coaches among the singers is an interesting idea!

10. analythinker says:

That was as predictable as Blake’s cup content.
    But it’s definitely more interesting than last night’s show, though. Love me some Kelly and Meghan (Trainor)!
    The group numbers were also fun too.

11. Ginger Snap says:

I can never be all that entertained by a finale. its just 2 hours of singing singing and more mediocre singing. all I want to know is who won. congratulations Sawyer.

• Newbie says:

I hear ya. But sometimes the guest performers can elevate it above “mediocre singing”. If nothing else, this one was worth the price of admission for Kelly + Coryn. Also the judges and BB King. And the Christina impressions genuinely made me laugh. I DVRd and cranked out the 2 hours in like 35 minutes. :)

12. J.L. Wofter says:

Sawyer Fredericks is a breath of fresh air, and deserved to win the Voice.

• Lisa G Brelsford says:

Totally agree with the breath of fresh air. He,actually has natural talent, which alot are lacking.

• Lets all agree to disagree. Everyone has different taste in music. Last year I loved Caleb and his personality ,stage style, over the top, sometimes screaming, vocals I just loved. Now I love sawyer who is a quiet singer with less range! But lets remember folk type singers hardly ever have tons of range, including Neil Young! Do you know that when Joe Cocker started, the critics thought he was simply awful! But look what happened! Yes he is not strictly folk but more pop!One of my favorite singers is David Gates from Bread. That guy had a beautiful voice and the highest range you could imagine. Adam Levine has mentioned Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam many, many times! I was a fan, but lots of people thought he had a “goatie vibrato”. I have most of pearl jams albums and even though they are grunge, there are lots of “folk” type slower songs! Then there is Geddy Lee from RUSH who I am a fan of! Some say his singing gets on their nerves, because it starts to sound like a rock and roll munchkin! LOL So many different types of singers, and Im adding Sawyer to my wide array of different musical voices. I like big singers with range, AND simple singers, especially if they have a unique voice! I have been to many concerts over the years, some ARENT the best singers, but what GREAT shows, Rob Zombie, Metallica, Marilyn Manson, YES I said Marilyn Manson. Ok I wouldnt call any of these GREAT SINGERS, but holy sh**, when you want to “get the lead out”. Rock is always my first choice!

13. Tara says:

Wow. Megan is a sore loser. Did anyone catch the look she gave aa she walked away. She has a huge future, no need to be a snotty brat.

• Timmah says:

She lost to a kid who sounds like a baby goat. I’d be pissed too.

• Tara says:

To each his own. I loved him from the start. My point is that she has already had moderate fame and is sure to have more. So, no need to act as she did. Be a gracious 2nd place. Act like an adult and throw your tantrum in private.

• P-Applecakes says:

I guess I totally missed that… Perhaps she was just disappointed? I sure didn’t see anything other than that…..

• margo1949 says:

Totally agree Timmah.

• kendra says:

Sawyer was the best and I voted for him too. Congrats sawyer I will be following your career. Meghan was good but she does not sound good and karyn stunk”! How did she get fourth place my god I cringed every time I heard her. Finally America voted correctly

• Cristal Angel says:

Kelly Clarkson said for all the viewers to hear and those of us who were listening being millions of us… Koryn can sing when their duet was finished. You’re wrong so just give the negativity a rest!

• Luke says:

“Meghan was good but does not sound good…” ?? and who’s Karyn? Koryn deserved to win or come in second.

• P-Applecakes says:

Meghan was good but does not sound good? Does that even make sense?

• jane says:

Yes he is terrible compare with others like India, Mia etc.. Megan or Joshua should won

• jane says:

I agree his voice is terrible…he doesn’t sing good. his music is horrible and he needs take that hat of his head a have a hair cut. He just look like a girl. I could not believe. Wake up America learn how to vote!

• Maureen says:

I tend to agree. I’m sure when it came down to the two of them she thought she had it. Hell, I thought she had it after that song she wroted Oh well!

hahahahaha!!!!

• Pennagirl65 says:

Meghan has had two shots at winning a competition series, the first one she won as part of a duet. That duet broke up. Now she’s trying to make it as a solo artist (and I was tired of HEARING that sob story – where she should have trusted that talent) but she is annoying. There has to be a reason that the duet broke up. She’s successful and she did tour years ago with Blake…but still isn’t successful. Makes a person wonder why. She’s got the talent, maybe the look is a view of the personality?

• DG says:

Yeah, there is a reason the duo broke up. Her partner/ex-boyfriend developed addiction issues and entered rehab in the middle of a tour, leaving her to scramble and find a replacement. Only takes a few seconds to do a Google search and figure that out.

• Jill M says:

You are correct, MEGHAN plays monsters and zombies in motion pictures! HER LOOK IS THAT UGLY MUG OF HERS!

• Linds says:

Yeah, I thought I was the only one who caught that. She looked disgusted, and I thought she should have been grateful to get as far as she did.

• Jennifer Miller says:

Someone needs to turn her reaction into a GIF immediately !

• Ralphthegoat says:

I did. Wasn’t sure I saw what I saw but have to cut her some slack. It must have been very emotional to try and start a career for a second time with Blake building up her hopes. Whatever. Even as a second she has been rediscovered. But yes. I saw that face. She would never make it in politics

• Eurydice says:

I think that’s just the way her face looks all the time when she’s not smiling.

• AlyB says:

I think you’re right. She has an unfortunate case of RBF (resting b face).

• Margarethe says:

^This. She always looks either pissed or smug when not smiling and I, too, think it’s just unfortunately the way her face is made.

• Angie_Overrated says:

Yup. I have a good friend with RBF. Sweetest girl in the world, but she looks like she’ll rip your face off at any given moment.

• Newbie says:

I’m waiting for a high quality RBF public service announcement. Like an NBC “The More You Know” segment.

• safado says:

I just re-watched. She looked disappointed. The nerve of her.

14. Loved the show and the Results, but as usual, they cut the winner off and dedicate far too much time to the re-run which they term re-cap

15. Spitey Spice says:

Maybe this has been suggested in other threads, but why doesn’t NBC think about casting Koryn as Dorothy in The Wiz? I can totally hear her singing “Home.”

16. Ralphthegoat says:

Sawyer was the only reason I kept watching. He is one in a billion. Like when I first heard Neil young so many years ago. My life got happier. Sorry that Mia z wasn’t in the final 4. Someone please explain why josh made it to the finals. Liked Kimberly at first but she got tiresome and crude after a while. I was fearful that Blake would pull a fast one with his professional screamer. Loved the outcome. Can’t complain.

17. MAB says:

No surprises. I wish Sawyer all the best and I hope he becomes the first break out star of The Voice.

18. Rod says:

Sorry but Sawyer has no future in the music business. Megan will be another second place winner who will soar.

• Alex says:

You are tripping.
      Megan has already had her shots.
      Sawyer’s style isn’t pop but he’s more likely to have a long artistic career.
      The fact that Sawyer was constantly the highest selling contestant on iTunes kinda dispels the notion that he won’t sell.

• Sharon says:

I doubt it

19. I’m very disappointed Karin was the winner must be young kids that voted for him he was not good at all!!!!

20. Kbone says:

Ummm… Sawyer will need to get a haircut and style makeover. I would only listen to him if I was sitting in the back of a trailer with a banjo. He style of music is very strange.

• Alex says:

He’s singer songwriter/folk with a little classic rock thrown in. The fact that he didn’t try to sell out and be pop was awesome.

21. it don’t matter after this just like in most cases with this show and american idol you will never hear from these people again only a small few ever do anything with there career outside of winning the show so congrats and good bye lol

22. Mr.Z says:

I thought Sawyer was number 4. He never showed any diversity or talent for developing new things on his own, and every song sounded the same. Meghan was by far the best. Koryn number 2, Joshua 3. I think this is a teenage girl crowd, with a Sawyer crush, overwhelming the voting system, unfortunately.

23. cathrynpaulette says:

Sawyer is a nice guy, but he will never have a popular song – outdated. There was just no one who could take it away from him, however. Kind of a disappointing season for me.

• I tunes has been proving you wrong all this season!

BECCA,

Well, you did it! KUDOS! Me on AI, you on TV. WHAT A TEAM!

We’ll see each other soon! I hope these replies go to your email because I will be contacting you! Roseland Theatre is on the horison this year!

Don’t forget AGT on May 26! You are a great friend on here! Watch out for the MOMMIE DEAREST MEMBERS! Always keep a big supply of wire hangers and comet on hand! LATER!

• Jill, Well Is there going to be an AGT comment section from slezak. Im trying to think back to last year and remember if he had one! If so then we will be picking our winners and keeping in touch that way!

• Jill Moy says:

NO AGT BLOGS…PERIOD! I just hope you still will get these! I already have a plan to meet once I get there. Anyay, thanks for all the comments you make on the blogs. Without you on those blogs, I wouldn’t comment on them. TAKE CARE BECKY! JILL!

• Jill Well I will check in to my inbox or check here at tv line for any messages! Ok I dont think these go to e-mail. Hope to meet you and its a pleasure co-herting with you!

• Jill Moy says:

OK BECCA, MY PLEASURE TOO , COMMENTING BACK AND FORTH WITH YOU! I’LL BE IN TOUCH! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

24. Hort says:

Sawyer was my favorite from the start and I’m very happy he won. Plus, I thought his finale was the best. I thought Koryn was second best. Meghan wayyy last. She is not unique.

25. Lisa G Brelsford says:

Very impressed with Sawyer winning. Very talented young man. Maybe he will become the next John Folgerty, James Taylor. Good luck as you reach dreams, Sawyer. You deserve it

26. Shirley says:

Koryn Hawthorne was outstanding!!! Should have done better than Fourth Place!!!
    I didn’t care for Sawyer, but, oh well.

• Cristal Angel says:

ITunes sales help to defeated her positioning on the show. She’ll be just fine without having won The Voice. This was the stepping stone she needed for recognizable visibility going forward!

27. kevbo says:

That decision was NOT “The Voice”…too many other high quality voices didn’t win. Won’t be watching next season, it’s not The Voice anymore.

28. Riana says:

He’s a folk singer. Only two have broken out this century and one only because he was friends with Taylor Swift.

29. Diann says:

I just loved Koryn; I believe she will out distance Sawyer in the long run in years to come but I also love Sawyer and I knew he would win it. Koryn sang with so much heart and Sawyer’s voice is so beautifully unique. What a great testament to their generation they are and don’t forget their coach – Pharrel done good!

30. nadiyah says:

I feel KorYn Hawthorne got robbed. She should have won. What is wrong with people. All of them sung better that. Sawyer. America what happen.

31. Kim Moores says:

Anyone else see Meghan’s stank face when she got 2nd place? Gorgeous.

• JM1 says:

Delusional, you are. She was nodding her head before the winner was even announced, in acknowledgment that it was Sawyer. Why such need to find something bad to say?

• Birdy says:

Wow, did she ever look P.O.’d. I get being disappointed, but she looked downright angry. That was a big turn-off.

• Jemmabrie says:

Yes!! That was definitely one of my favourite moments of the finale. It almost looked like she was thinking “seriously guys?? but I can actually sing!” Her stank face is gold, but I don’t think anything compares to Riker’s angry/stank face on DWTS when it was announced that Rumer had won. The guy looked like he was about to punch someone…😂

32. I go for Joshua, always have and will.

33. John says:

Fredericks win was a travesty. No way he had the talent of Koryn or Megan Lindsey, much less that of some who did not make the finals like Mia or India Carney or Kimberly Nichole. Notice his duet with John Fogarty. He had no high range and was not in the same league as the old Creedence Clearwater legend. Sad day for what the Voice should be all about. It’s obvious most voters do not have a clue about what real talent looks and sounds like.

• Angie_Overrated says:

Also notice how he kept singing harmonies because he wasn’t able to sing the melody. Hearing a harmonic line with no melody is… strange.

• JM1 says:

He definitely could not sing along with the melody. Turned it into that same melody he’s sung on every song this season.

That said, people voted him the winner, so whatever he’s doing he should just keep on doing. :-]

• Angie_Overrated says:

Well said. I wish the kid the best. It’s worked for him thus far. Let’s see how this translates into post-show sales. Despite not being a fan (at all), I’m rooting for him. I say that non-sarcastically.

• AlyB says:

That’s nice to hear from you Angie. The competition is over and all the contestants worked hard. I hope the exposure grants them the opportunity to pursue music as a viable career option. It’s such a difficult business. I just wish them the best as they continue pursuing their dreams. Have a terrific summer.

• Angie_Overrated says:

AlyB, I say it every season: no matter if I was rooting for the person or not, I wish them all the best. As a musician myself in a market considerably smaller than the ones these folks are trying to break into, I know how insanely difficult it is to get that break, and I wish all of them nothing but success. It also made me sad that Meghan was getting flack for already having had her chance (?). I mean, she didn’t make it and she’s still trying to, so why should we penalize her for that?!?! But enough of that….
            Have a great summer as well!

• Ralphthegoat says:

It is certainly clear that u don’t have a clue

• Ralphthegoat says:

It’s clear that u dint have a clue. R u tone deaf

• Angie_Overrated says:

Your contestant won, Ralph. Chill. Have a drink or a joint. It’s a happy night. :)

• margo1949 says:

Angie is right. The kid can only sing one way and one type of music. Boring. It is clear YOU don’t have a clue and are tone deaf Ralph.

34. Fred sanguine says:

CONGRATULATIONS SAWYER

35. jane says:

I did not agree with the results… Wake up America. People doesn’t how to vote.. They look after the appearance.. This boy is not talent at all. He doesn’t know how to dress, always with ridiculous hat and long hair like a girl!. Also his voice drives me crazy .

36. Kaba says:

Koryn and Kelly was the highlight of tonight aside from Ed.
    Then Meghan ruined it entirely.
    Holy stank attitude from Meghan after losing.

• Angie_Overrated says:

I said the same thing when Kelly Clarkson came out with Meghan. I think my exact exclamation was “NO!!!! DON’T DILUTE THE KELLY!!!”

• Kaba says:

I’ve never watched such a bittersweet duet.
        Torn between turning it off because of Meghan or powering through thanks to Kelly.
        Glad I powered through, Kelly was great.

• Angie_Overrated says:

Kelly Clarkson is a national treasure. I so whole-heartedly admire that woman. Always positive, always fun, one of the best — if not the best — vocalists in all of popular music, etc. I just don’t have enough good things to say about her. Meghan did ok, but I was sad that Koryn had to share Kelly with her. lol
          Oh man, I’m drunk.

• Kaba says:

I just refuse to compliment Meghan. She upsets me.
            But omg Kelly..
            Her voice, her personality. She’s just a gem. Someone better freeze her vocal chords and preserve them as a national treasure.

• Angie_Overrated says:

Meghan was outstanding at the beginning of the live rounds. I was really rooting for her. And then she screamed Amazing Grace. And screamed everything else. And then I washed my hands of that infatuation. I feel like someone gave her some really bad advice and she ran with it. I hope she gets back on track because I do honestly believe she’s a talented young woman.

• JM1 says:

Kelly showed everyone how it’s done tonight. Beyond that, Meghan undoubtedly did better than Koryn in their respective duets. Koryn looked like the young student getting schooled by the teacher.

• Kaba says:

JM, you’re reaching so, so, SO hard right now.
            Meghan was rather…not better than Koryn in their duets with Kelly. With ease Koryn was better.
            But you don’t like Koryn’s voice so none of this matters to you.
            Buuut facts are facts. Koryn > Meghan in the duet wars.

• Angie_Overrated says:

Oh, JM1. Oh how I disagree with your statement at basically every single level. lol
            Like Pharrell said, Koryn stood toe to toe with “the Kelly.” I’m with Pharrell on this one.

• JM1 says:

Angie – Because Pharrell was completely unbiased, I suppose.

Kaba – personal preference is not a “fact.” Here are some facts. The fact is I believe you are absolutely welcome to prefer Koryn if you want. The fact is I’m perfectly happy she did well on the show. The fact also is that more of America seemed to like the same person I prefer than the one you prefer, so I am not wrong or crazy for liking her. Which makes it super annoying that you constantly need to insult and belittle her. You are just mean.

• Kaba says:

I enjoy the obsession.
            Particularly considering half the things I’ve said have nothing on the other things that’ve been said about Meghan in previous recaps, but I’m not really concerned about your perception of me.
            Fact: Koryn and Kelly’s duet was eon’s better than Kelly and Meghan’s.

• Katie Killjoy says:

JM1, a larger portion of the voters believe Sawyer was better than Meghan, doesn’t mean they’re the ones who’re right.

• JM1 says:

Fact: You are mean.

• Kaba says:

Mean.. nice, endearing, an angel, an a-hole, funny, entertaining, hilarious, cool, etc.

Gotten all sorts of compliments and criticisms. Think I’ll be able to live on even if you think I’m mean ;)

• Angie_Overrated says:

lol Oh, JM1. Not gonna fight with ya, but don’t you think your own bias might be coloring this discussion as well?
            Hopefully next season we’re in better agreement. I like when we agree more. :)

• MC says:

@Angie – I agree that Meghan “screamed” some of her songs. However, I don’t think “Amazing Grace” was a good example of that. It’s a song where singers traditionally hang onto the notes for a long time. I also think she’s very familiar with it (as many Southerners really enjoy it) and Meghan knows exactly how it should be sung. I can say from personal experience that her rendition of it was similar to many others that I have heard.

• Angie_Overrated says:

Hi, MC. Maybe as you say, it’s a Southern thing? I’ve only heard the song sung at funerals or memorials, and every rendition I’ve heard has been far more solemn than hers was. But as you point out, it well could be a regional thing.
            Have a great summer! :)
            And I did end up taking that page from your book and congratulated India on Twitter after her elimination. I have no idea if she read it, but I’m glad you gave me that idea.

• Jill Moy says:

ANGIE O, The best singer of all???Why don’t you get real???She’s a national treasure???She’ll be a BURIED TREASURE if she keeps guzzling wine and eating pies! Her health will surely fail her! You admire that big RHINO, TUB O’ LARD? You must be a 3 or 400 pound heffer! KELLY, CANDICE AND THE VELVET TEDDY BEAR SHOULD FORM A SINGING TRIO, “THE SUMOS!”q

ANGIE O,

OH, YOU MEAN THE 2 SUMO WRESTLERS??????

• Jill Moy says:

OH, YOU MEAN KELLY THE SUMO WRESTLER, PIE EATING WORLD CHAMP? SHE ADORES GUZZLING DOWN WINE! SHE KEEPS MANY LIQUOR STORES IN BUSINESS WITH HER ADORATION OF WINE!

• JM1 says:

Kaba – you’re so bitter now that you even find fault with how Meghan loses? Get a grip. She hugged Sawyer and got out of his way . . . it was his moment, not hers. What else was she supposed to do?

• Kaba says:

‘You’re so bitter’
        I’m definitely not the first person to post this, in fact even on the youtube people pointed it out.
        You like Meghan, a lot, I get it and sincerely do not care. Nor do I hate her so much I’ll invent nonsense, I called what I saw and clearly I wasn’t the only one.
        Or are you going to continue whining that I don’t like Meghan? Sorry, I don’t. Did in the beginning and then she thoroughly lost me.

• P-Applecakes says:

Thank you and Amen!

• P-Applecakes says:

What? That’s a big fat lie!

37. Katie Killjoy says:

As long as Meghan and Josh didn’t win I’m good.

38. Eurydice says:

Congrats to Sawyer. He stayed consistent and true throughout, and most of his performances remained on iTunes 200 from beginning to end. And congrats to the rest of them – they got a lot of training and public exposure, and I hope that translates into opportunity.

But just a note to aspiring hollerators out there. Take a listen to how Christina and Kelly punch up a song. Yeah, there are runs and frills and vocal pyrotechnics, but always easy and controlled.

39. Kim Moores says:

Tonight was like Christmas.
    Koryn and Kelly?
    Xtina and the backup singers on Thrill Is Gone?
    Omg, chills everywhere.

40. Opie Bigay says:

Good Luck my girl Koryn no way that you should have been in Fourth Place. I knew that you would not win but Fourth Place. Some record company will be calling you if it is left up to Pharrell.

41. JT says:

I just loved all the prank confessionals, especially the one with Blake’s dark side.
    And the one with Xtina playing all the stars trying out for the judges’ chair. Wish they would include more snippets throughout the season. Too funny.

42. melanie says:

Meghan is the one that deserved it! No matter what kind of song you gave her she would blow you away! Sawyer could only sing one kind of music and that’s it. I have really enjoyed watching The Voice in the past, but if the voters are going to turn it into a popularity contest,it will make me question watching it. I think Sawyer only won for this very reason.

43. lisa bowman says:

wow what a sad night. get a hair cut, learn how to present yourself. you look like you should be on an amish farm. so much more talent than you. bummer.

• AB says:

Oh, give me a break with the “get a haircut” comments. Blake Shelton had a mullet in his younger days. If Sawyer was already a superstar, it would be called his signature look. He’s 16 years old–just let him look however he wants!!

• Kaba says:

Don’t get why people think he needs a haircut…
        Especially considering it’s the year of the man bun and long hair on men anyways.

44. larry says:

Megan should have won

45. Kirk hood says:

Why do these shoes always turn out to be a popularity contest? Sawyer was the last purely technical person who deserved to win. Better performers were voted off purely because of his teenage following. SO unfair and America needs to realize this is a talent show, not a popularity contest.
    Where r the other Voice winners, NOWHERE.

• Angie_Overrated says:

I’m not sure why everyone thinks Sawyer’s following was teenagers. It was mostly baby boomer women from what I’ve gathered. He’s singing the songs from their generation in the style of their generation. How many teenagers today do you think are pining for the second coming of John Denver?

• margo1949 says:

Not me. Not a John Denver fan either.

• Kate says:

I don’t understand your repeated assertion that he has been known as the second coming of John Denver. Did he ever even sing a John Denver song? The only person I’ve read referring to him as the next John Denver is you.

• Angie_Overrated says:

Then you haven’t been reading the comments. :)

• Angieisarrogant says:

Right? Maybe one or two people said it, but she continues to try and use this as ammo against Sawyer. It’s not like the kid said it. She also keeps saying he’s not a genius. Tested in the 99th percentile my whole life, and I don’t have a friggin’ clue if he’s a genius or not. I’m not sure how one could judge someone’s genius from a karaoke competition, anyway.

• tealeaves says:

These shows are based on viewers’ votes. That’s the show.

46. antisocialbutterflie says:

I just really want to know what Christina whispered in Sawyer’s ear after he won. The look on his face was priceless.

47. Kent says:

As a professional singer and entertainer, I totally agree with the decision. America got it right. If you don’t like Sawyer your not much of a critic. Or you don’t understand music period. Too bad.

• Angie_Overrated says:

As a professional singer myself, I disagree with everything in your post. But to each his/her own.

• AngieRocks says:

Please post some links to your singing, Angie!

• Angie_Overrated says:

I have nothing to prove. :)

• AngieRocks says:

Key words being “I have nothing”
            Can dish it out but can’t take it?

• Angie_Overrated says:

TJW, I don’t like arguing with children. This is getting really tedious. Your arguments have the logical sophistication of 4th-grade word problems, and I’m really bored now. Yawn. Can we please call a truce? Not only am I annoyed, but you’re annoying everyone else on the board.
            And you’re killing my buzz. I like being a happy drunk, ok? :)

• AngieRocks says:

Not TJW, not one of the above people who commented on your petulance. If a lot of people dislike your posts, maybe that should tell you something? Scared to put yourself out there, but so quick to trash those who do. Coward!

• Angie_Overrated says:

Sigh. Well, you keep going at it, TJW. Fight the noble fight. Whine, kick and scream to your heart’s content. :)
            And don’t think for a second I don’t know you’re posting under multiple names. I don’t particularly care, but I think it’s pretty cute how you think you’re pulling a fast one on me here. You’re adorable!!! :) [pats TJW’s head]

• Angieknowsall says:

Here’s something sophisticated for you: I hope you die soon. And I don’t even believe in the death penalty..

• Katie Killjoy says:

Pettiest comment award goes to the loser making fake accounts just to talk crap to someone on a recap website.
            Cute.

• Angie_Overrated says:

Oh, TJW. I love when you post the same exact words as TJW and then use another screenname to say the same exact thing a week later while claiming it’s not you. It’s so cute! :)

• Angieisarrogant says:

Angie uses “fake” accounts, so I’m don’t really feel bad doing the same. I do feel bad when I read these recaps and see her negative, arrogant nonsense. Praise who you like and keep negativity to a minimum-not that hard. She has “overrated” in her name, that’s certainly a “killjoy” by itself.

• Katie Killjoy says:

God the tears from all the salty folk in this comment section could flood the capital.
            Petty petty.

• Angieisarrogant says:

And I still love that you have had multiple haters on here and think it has nothing to do with you. Couldn’t be because you’re conceited, could it?

• Angie_Overrated says:

Huh? My multiple haters are all TJW (i.e., you) posting under multiple accounts.
            Dude, what you’re doing is really unfair to the rest of the board. But continue babbling like an idiot. I think it’s hilarious. Stupid people amuse me greatly.

• Angieisarrogant says:

No, TJW is not me. And I think that what you’ve been doing to this board is unfair, the whole reason I’ve been on your case. Do you see how it can be unpleasant for one person to practically monopolize the board and fill it with negativity? Amazing how unpleasant some people find it when they get a little taste of their own medicine!

• Angie_Overrated says:

lol You’re not going to achieve your goal. I’m a lot smarter than you are. You’re a petty idiot. If you want to keep being a petty idiot, that’s your prerogative.
            And I’m certainly not going to stop speaking my mind because some jizz stain delinquent had his feelings hurt a week ago.

• Angieisarrogant says:

” I’m a lot smarter than you are.”

Gee, where did I ever come up “Angieisarrogant” as a name? I’m sure you’ve never noticed, but most intelligent people actually don’t go around declaring themselves mentally superior, and generally acting like assh0les.

• Angie_Overrated says:

Oh, tvtjw. Between your death threats and your manic outbursts, you’re definitely the one coming out of this looking big. Most definitely. Not to mention your blatant racism. You’re a class act, kid.

• tvtjw says:

As I am sitting in my physical science final, I am pleasantly surprised to see that Angie Overrated thought I would actually create another account to trash talk her on. Angie Rocks is not me. Lol. Thanks for the entertainment, though.

• margo1949 says:

You say you are a professional singer? And you think Sawyer should have won? I would hate to hear you sing.

• Jules says:

As a person whose cat runs out of the room everytime I sing and non-entertainer, I have to say, who gives a rat’s a$$ if you’re a professional singer, entertainer, dancer, vocal coach etc etc! Guess what? I’m a professional TV watcher and am especially “entertained” by reality competition shows where singing is involved. I love that I can watch from a “regular” viewers perspective. I have genres I prefer in my (also professional) consumerism and what I spend money on when it comes to music. Would I buy Sawyer’s music? No. Do I mind that he won? Also no. I know this show doesn’t have an awesome track record when it comes to success after the show but I have a feeling they’ll all be fine. Well maybe not Josh since Adam hasn’t done much for them afterwards except maybe last season with Matt & Chris. Pharrell kept Sawyer & Koryn for a reason. Because they’re young and he can start from scratch with them and mentor them through their careers. I think even Mia Z will be heard from again. Blake does a great job with his contestants too. It will all work out for everyone.

• Angie_Overrated says:

Just to add to what you said, Jules, at least based on what we saw, Pharrell is also taking Mia under his wing. I really started to love that girl. And then poof, she was gone. I hope he can pull a Bieber or Robin Thicke with those two.

• So happy that Mia Z has a song out. She didn’t deserve to leave so fast. In fact a lot of the females are better singers than Sawyer but I’m not mad about him winning. That’s showbiz

• MC says:

Exactly. It’s just a tv show. The real test begins now.

MARILYN,

MIA Z IS A MUSH MOUTH! WHO CAN UNDERSTAND THE LITTER MIDGET TWIRP! EVEN HER MOTHER PROBABLY HATES THAT HOMELY FACE OF HERS! MIA SHOULD STAND FOR ZOMBIE! BOY IS SHE UUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYY!

• P-Applecakes says:

Thank you, the almighty Kent! So, if someone prefers a different “type” of music, we have no business listening to music at all? You are priceless…. and evidently, professional so it must be true.

48. OK Sawyer. Now that you have won the competition. GET RID OF THAT STUPID HAT!

49. jm says:

Horrible – he does not deserve this…….last time I watch the voice….

• LaVerne says:

I am disappointed in the results. Meghan should have won; and her expression channeled so many of us who were watching. Sawyer is a singer; not a performer. Another winner who will ride off into the sunset, without being heard from again. Let the kid grow up; maybe his talents will “age” as well.

50. Judith gosik says:

I am very disappointed. I did not think Sawyer should win. I thought either female was better. This always seem to happen because of the demographics.

• Birdy says:

You’re right, Judith. It happened because of the demographics: Sawyer’s appeal spanned all of them, and wasn’t limited to one or two groups.