iZombie's Rose McIver Talks Liv's Life After Lowell — Will She Eat His Brains?

iZombie Spoilers

iZombie fans are still reeling from the death of Liv’s boyfriend, so naturally, TVLine asked Rose McIver the one question on everyone’s mind: Is Lowell’s tasty noggin going to end up in her next salad?

“I actually thought about that,” McIver admitted with a laugh on the red carpet at The CW’s upfront presentation. “It’s kind of like reading someone’s diary, and there’s nothing to be gained from that right now. Liv is also grieving him independently. That’s an interesting question, and I’m not sure there’s a black-and-white answer.”

One thing that is black-and-white, however, is Liv’s clear mission in the wake of Lowell’s murder: Stop Blaine at all costs!

“The one good thing about [losing Lowell] is, because Blaine has taken away somebody that Liv loves, it’s given her so much passion and resolve not to let him get away with anything anymore.”

buckley-faceAs for Major — you know, the guy who remains ridiculously good-looking, despite having half of his face mangled in a gang fight — McIver says we can expect some major (teehee!) developments from his investigation in the coming weeks.

“He’s getting closer and closer to finding out about zombies and what they are and what Liv’s role in it all is,” she teases. “In the next couple of episodes, there are some pretty huge reveals.”

iZombie fans, do you want Liv to take down Blaine, or do you enjoy David Anders too much? What are your hopes for Major? And do you miss Lowell as much we do? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Jess says:

I love David Anders – but Blaine must die!

2. Mamma Mia says:

Very sad about Lowell. I hope Liv is able to stop Blaine. That being said, wish I did not like the actor who plays Blaine so much. I’ve seen him play bad, but he is extremely bad in Izombie. As for Major, I hope he finds out about Liv and that they can work together.

3. Flashrow says:

Bu is it really true that Lowell is dead? He is a zombie, so I think there is a possibility that the shot can’t kill him

• Amy says:

It appeared to be a head shot and the show seems to be following zombie canon that a head shot is the one way to take them out. When Major shot Julien, he hit him in the torso, not the head, so he was able to walk away. I think Blaine shot the 2 “entrepreneurs” in the head in an earlier episode.

• jenn says:

The thing that I thought was, didnt Blaine shoot two guys and put them in the freezer and say something along the lines of “maybe next time boys” just curious to that.

4. Steven says:

Didn’t they establish that they don’t eat other Zombies? Or am I making that up?

5. Daisy says:

I know Bradley James has another show but of all of the TV deaths this season, Lowell was one of the most disappointing.

6. Victoria says:

Zombies don’t eat zombie brains. Remember the zombie rat?

7. christina says:

Lowell was totally the best. But I suppose he had to die because everyone would root for him and Liz and not Liz and Major.

I’m still supporting the fact that if I didn’t see it actually happen on screen there’s a chance he could come back. Let me live in this delusion please.

• Kay says:

This is actually the problem I have with Lowell’s death, though–I realise Bradley James has another show, but the dynamics on iZombie make his death read like Lowell died so that Major could live. I already didn’t like Major much, because he’s dull and an inferior romantic partner for Liv, and the (possibly unfair) sense I now have that the writers sacrificed the stronger character for the weaker makes me resent Major even more. I kind of feel like if this were first season Veronica Mars Lowell’s death is the equivalent of Rob Thomas going, “oh, people don’t like Duncan? Let’s kill off Logan, that will fix everything.”

I hope this isn’t the case, and they’ll do something spectacular with both Lowell’s death and Major that will turn me around on this, but as things stand the bloom’s definitely come off the show’s rose.

• rowan77 says:

No, Lowell died so that the stakes would be raised. It wasn’t an either/or situation. Major is a regular, Lowell was not and his death fuels Liv’s need to avenge someone close to her. It was really smart planning to get us to love Lowell, and then take him way. We’re more invested now.

• Kay says:

I only wish this had made me more invested instead of less. As I say, I’m still holding out hope they’ll turn it around.

• Ashbash says:

Everyone keeps saying that Lowell is iZombie’s version of Logan but he’s more similar to being iZombie’s version of Troy Vanderbilt Veronica Mars’ first boyfriend during season 1. Great guy, seemed perfect for Veronica, was an ’09ner who understood her. Turned out to be a drug dealing liar who already had a girlfriend and was using Veronica. I used to think Lowell was the Logan of iZombie until I remembered Troy. This show doesn’t have a Logan unless they turn Blaine around, turn him good, and have him and Liv fall in love (Logan was originally a villain on Veronica Mars) but fat chance of that happening.

• kay says:

Everyone hopes that.

8. Sara says:

Hope she kills that bastard…poor Lowell.
    You go Liv!!
    I will miss Lowell but no so much don’t really care for his character.

9. uk-usa-tvaddict says:

I hope that with Lowell’s death it makes Liv more proactive in the story. I was frustrated by her lack of interest in finding out how she was turned into a zombie instead focusing on a love story and letting Ravi conduct the experiments. Now she has been faced with the harsh evil reality of Blaine’s zombie trade.

Was it ever established why Liv never offered Lowell brains from the coroner’s office? It seemed like the thing any normal person would do if they had a job that gave them access to some sort of perk.

• IvyR says:

I believe she didn’t let him have them from the morgue bcuz she realized he’s a liar and not as good as he wanted her to believe at the beginning….

10. AddieM says:

So Lowell is dead then, I thought they would come up with some sort of zombie loophole to save him…not fair, they should not have killed him off..so sad about his death
    Where’s Ra’s Lazarus Pit when you need one

11. John Sheffield (@cubeslave) says:

I am unfamiliar with the comic and how the series might diverge from it, but Liv’s relationship with Lowell seemed doomed. The first time something happened to Major while the zombie couple were together seemed like a red flag.

12. chattykat11 says:

I might be the only one, but I have been enjoying Blaine. David Anders is a celebrity crush of mine, so I guess I’m biased. Yet, I’m shocked that Lowell is gone. I feel for Liv.

13. murley says:

Lowell’s death was totally shocking and heartbreaking. I really hope it leads to some interesting storylines and character development for Liv (I trust Rob Thomas so I have faith). I love David Anders and he is so good in this role that I don’t want him to die! I don’t know what would be satisfying in terms of Liv’s reaction to Lowell’s death that would keep Blaine around for the long haul but that is what I want. I am actually impressed at they way they are weaving Major into the story and he is definitely growing on me as a character. I was afraid he was going to be another Duncan but he is already more interesting and more dynamic than Duncan ever was. Man, I love this show!

14. Georgia Madman says:

Liv is partially responsible for Lowell’s death since it was her idea to kill Blaine. I hope “I’m a doctor, not a killer” keeps her warm at night.

15. Carol C says:

I want Blaine GONE. RIP Lowell ~ so sorry you died.

16. CB says:

Is it bad that it’s definitely Lowell > Major for me?

Seriously going to miss Lowell.

17. Kate says:

Ravi is just way to adorable.

18. jeff says:

I love this show. Can´t wait for the final 3 episodes. I have no idea where its going and I love that.

19. Charissa29 says:

Lowell could have been the Logan of iZombie! Too bad, I love him on my TV set! Oh well!

20. Tina says:

Why did Lowell have to die?
    I thought that he will be a mainstay in the series since he has made Izombie so much more interesting.
    I just hope that Lowell’s death is not final and he is resurrected into the show.

21. Terry says:

Oh my god bring Lowell BACK !! !
    Seriously they need to find a way to bring him back like something you can’t kill off the hottest actor on the show

22. Bradley James was fantastic as Lowell. And Liv just seemed to light up in his presence. He’ll be sorely missed IMO.

23. hud says:

This program is what we used to call a real HOOT. One of the few keepers I’ve seen lately.

24. dman6015 says:

Hey, Swifty, Lowell was a zombie, so she’s not going to eat his brain. They established very early in the series that zombies don’t eat other zombies brains because it doesn’t do anything for them.

25. Lilisullivan says:

Why would she eat his brain, he is a zombie…

I understand why they had to kill Lowell for the sake of the story, but i really feel he’s gone too soon. Bradley James was delightful to watch and all the scenes with Rose McIver were little gems. He really put some life into the show (Yes, i am aware it is about undead people…).
    They need to find something to make Major interesting stat!
    But at least we got Ravi… I like the bromance between the two guys.
    And maybe it is just me, but Ravi reminds me of Zachary Levi’s Chuck :)

26. MoshiMoshi says:

Nooooooooo Arthur!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean Lowell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27. I bawled my eyes out when Lowell died

28. sapphire says:

I was kind of imagining a scenario that involves creating a temporary cure. Maybe Ravi finds a cure that works short term, selling it to Blaine so he could sell it to people every month instead of killing teenagers for the brains. Blaine could stay, but he could stop being a murderer. Liv would of course wait for a permanent cure and keep solving crimes in the meantime.

29. madison says:

I MISS LOWELL!!!!😠😠😠😭😭😭

30. tonia says:

For God’s sake bring back lowell

31. Mary forbes says:

I HOPE LOWELL COME BACK!COME ON LIV KILL BLAINE ALREADY U SOULD ALREADY DID!!!PLZ MAKE LOWELL COME BACK

32. Hailey says:

I really do want Lowell back

33. Heidi says:

I really loved Lowell and he def needs to come back i can’t believe they killed him off like that!!

34. Jessica says:

We need Lowell back!! Why do the good characters always get killed!? I SOBBED when he died!

35. L says:

I cannot believe they killed Lowell I am so angry and upset. Loved the actor and the character. Major is pointless as the love interest, liv and him don’t have any chemistry if they’re trying to steer us back to him being the love interest it’s not going to work. Just so unhappy Lowell is dead :(:(

36. allgoneblack says:

Lowell > Major all the way. i loved them together. im sorry, but i buy him loving her more than i buy major loving her. the way he mouthed “i love you” at the end??? come on. minus the death part, every girl wants that.

37. Melissa says:

I can’t believe Lowell is dead. It makes sense he can come back to life. I mean he is a zombie. But with everything going on I hope Liv can stop Blaine

38. Dhana Palmer says:

Please bring lowell back the show just isn’t the same , I admit I cried after blaine killed him, all the Izombie want him back I am sure off it , and liv must kill blaine

39. Angie says:

Why??? Why is he dead😭😭😭💔💔💔!! Lowell was my favorite character

40. kimberly says:

I didn’t want him to die😠😢😢😭😭😭 isn’t there any possibility he will come back

41. Cassady says:

I miss Lowell wish he come back! Stop Blaine!

42. Caitlin says:

I’m just really mad because Lowell had that British accent. If he didn’t have the accent I wouldn’t care about his death, but for some reason I really like British accents. If Major had a British accent I would hate Lowell for taking liv away from him but Lowell had the accent and I’m really mad that they killed him off lol (;

43. Miles says:

It sucks that Lowell died! I highly suggest that he should come back to life😂

44. kay says:

I believe it was a stupid choice to kill Lowell instead of just knock him unconscious and use him for later episodes while she grieves thinking he is dead.

45. Nani says:

Honestly, I want to watch Titanic and TFIOS just so I can get over Lowell! I am legit crying right now. I really hope they somehow bring him back to ‘life’. The next season is going to be a tough one, but I can’t wait!