Dancing With the Stars Finale Recap: Did the Right Couple Win?

DWTS Season 20 Finale

As Dancing With the Stars kicked off its 20th season finale, there was hardly anything separating the three finalists from one another.

Sure, there were eight points keeping Noah Galloway from sharing the top of the leaderboard with Riker and Rumer. But, as Tom Bergeron pointed out during last week’s semifinals, each of the remaining three couples has alternately been the strongest contestants of the week or one step from elimination throughout Season 20.

The only chance that Noah, Riker and Rumer had left to separate themselves from the pack was their 24-hour fusion dances, in which they had less than a day to choreograph a new routine, which would be a combination of two styles.

Before we get to the other highlights of the two-hour finale, let’s break down the couples’ final scored routines:

NOAH & SHARNA — CHA-CHA/ARGENTINE TANGO | A few weeks back, when the contestants were asked to learn two routines per week rather than one, Noah admitted he found the whole thing terrifying. Fortunately, the war vet didn’t seem nearly as mortified at the idea of learning a routine in 24 hours, leading to a strong final showing on the dance floor. Though Noah struggled to find his balance near the end of the number, his last performance with Sharna was, quite literally, leaps and bounds better than his first cha-cha weeks ago. Score: 36

RIKER & ALLISON — SALSA/QUICKSTEP | It seemed a bit cruel that Riker and Allison — arguably the dark horses of the race, even next to Noah and Sharna — would be given two dance styles that had no business mixing together. Somehow, though, the pair choreographed a fun, high-energy routine that was among their best of the season. Score: 40

RUMER & VAL — FOXTROT/PASO DOBLE | Even if the pair hadn’t been technically perfect, Rumer and Val exuded such happiness in their final routine together, it was hard not to crack a smile while watching them glide across the dance floor. (And I can’t be the only one who “Awww!“-ed at their rehearsal package. “Are you going to miss me?” “Are you going to miss me?” “I asked you first!” Oh, just date already, you two. Val probably has Bruce Willis’ stamp of approval, anyway.) Score: 40

The rest of the finale was a two-hour-long celebration of the season’s other competitors, with reprise performances from Redfoo, Charlotte McKinney, Suzanne Somers, Robert Herjavec and last season’s Final Two, Alfonso Ribeiro and Sadie Robertson.

Also among the highlights: A stunning contemporary routine from Julianne and Derek Hough, alongside two young dancers, performed to Sia’s “Elastic Heart.” (I never use the phrase “all of the feels,” but this seems like an appropriate time. Or not. I’m not up on the current slang.)

And now, the results:

THIRD PLACE
Noah Galloway and pro Sharna Burgess

SECOND PLACE
Riker Lynch and pro Allison Holker

WINNER
Rumer Willis and pro Val Chmerkovskiy

Watch the couple’s crowning moment below:

With that, I hand it over to you. What did you think of the Season 20 finale? Do you agree with the final results? And who are your casting suggestions for Season 21? Cast your vote in our poll below, then hit the comments with your thoughts!

1. John Rivera says:

Only Won because of who her parents were.

• Katniss Everdeen says:

Exactly! Riker deserved it more! I swear they favored Rumer on that show…

• Tina says:

Seriously?? What show were you watching?? Did you not hear that Riker has not one but TWO family members who are FAMOUS pro dancers?? As well as an equally famous brother!!??…So if we use your logic and not the FACTS then didnt Riker have even better odds?? I could see if Rumer looked like a dancing mess. However she was beautifully full of talent from day one!! Not to mention the MANY weeks she was underscored compared to Riker. So how you can say she was “favored” and be serious just boggles my mind! Nope!! Having a cousin as a JUDGE and the most popular EVER pro dancer on the show as another was not an advantage at all…Oh and having your own BROTHER perform and dance LIVE made no difference either! Yep!! They sure did favor someone…….RIKER!!! Oh shoot!! Forgot to also add he performs and dances for a LIVING!! But yep it was all about horrible dancing Rumer…lol….give me a break!!

• James says:

You obviously didn’t see the show.

• A-men, Rumer and partner were the crème of the crop after Derek was voted off.

• michele says:

Riker derserved it every year I watch it and the person I like never wins it’s always the person my mom wants Rumer clearly worked hard and all but Riker worked even more hard

• Brendan says:

I know, right? They were harder on Rumer and even the judges admitted it. It seemed at first like they were pushing for a Riker, Nastia and Willow final three since they had a Hough family connection – they often got higher scores and better productions (the amount of extra stuff that went into Willow’s Wonderland dance was ridiculous!) but the viewers one by one rejected them one by one and I am very happy with this outcome.

• jo says:

EXACTLY TRUE!! She was not that great!!! NO WAY!! FIXED!!

• Meredith says:

Riiight…..which is why the poll below this article had 72% people vote for her.

• Tina says:

Oh but that is “rigged” too didnt ya know??…LOL..I think we have some confused people on which show they are talking about or something. Because the one I watched Rumer was the best from beginning to end! Sure Riker has performance appeal. As he should since that is his CAREER! however he was a far cry from the talent that Rumer has naturally. With out all the many years of being in a family FULL of professional dancers etc. Including one who was a judge and one as the shows all time favorite pro…LOL.

• Joyce altummm says:

It don’t matter who her parents are she earned it on her own

• Nan says:

If it wasn’t for her parents fame she wouldn’t have been on the show, or in any films or anywhere else. Without famous parents no one would have considered her for any job in front of a camera. I’m not saying she isn’t a fine dancer,she is. But the exposure was due to B&D.

• “But the exposure was due to B&D”. – Bondage and Discipline? I think you read too much 50 Shades of Grey.

• bos4ny3 says:

And who EVER heard of Riker? Oh, wait – he’s a Hough cousin. never mind.

• Brendan says:

I know…. he’s the brother of Ross Lynch (who was a guest performer last week) and a second cousin of judge Julianne and fellow professional Derek. They amount of nepotism and family connections on the show was very discouraging but I’m so glad that the viewers saw right through it and helped Noah make the finale and Rumer win the show. :D

• arial2 says:

Don’t know about others, but I was harder on her than on others BECAUSE of who her parents are. She surprised me with her talent, so I’m okay with the result. Nastia was the best dancer this season, but it’s become an audience popularity contest instead of about talent, so she didn’t get into the finals. High school all over again. No wonder Len is leaving.

• Kayk says:

I have never been a fan of either Bruce or Demi but Rumer turned out to be such a talented and dedicated dancer with such great chemistry with Val! She won because of how beautifully she danced, not because her parents are famous. Obviously!

• Aimee says:

She only got her place on the show because of who her parents are but she won it fair and square. Being a fanous persons offspring is not enough to get you enough votes to win especially when you are competing against people who are famous on their own merits. She got the votes because she was good.

• Karen says:

Nope…not true. If anything, “who her parents were” was an obstacle. She won it fair and square.

• Karen says:

• elmira nadjarian says:

I guess you were not watching the show and do not know anything about dancing

• Jan says:

Not true! They danced superbly!

• GUSTAVO ALCALA says:

VAL WON! !!!!!!

• GUSTAVO ALCALA says:

I BET VAL THREATENED TO.QUIT UNLESSS HE WON!!!! AND TAKEN HALF THE VIEWERS ALL FEMALE AND GAYS WITH HIM !!!!!!!!

• I agree with John, she danced good but it was her parents who won it.
      With Noah having some of his limbs I think he did the hardest to win. He deserved it more than the other two.

• Emily says:

Really? I applaude Noah and his efforts, but he didn’t deserve to win. Rumor, Riker, Willow, and Nasta all out DANCED him. This is a dancing competition period. They all worked hard to win!

• Linda Nicholson says:

She won because she is the best, and she did it all on her own merit, along with Val. Grow up, jealous person!!!!

2. joanie1985 says:

It should have been Riker and Allison

3. Mr. Tran K says:

Rumer Willis truly deserves to win DWTS. Wish it should have been Nastia Liukin and I was rootin’ for her since Day 1.

4. Anne says:

They absolutely deserved to win. Val’s choreography was stellar this year.
    Riker had absolutely no business coming on this show. Not with the amount of ballroom training he had.

• Kiki says:

Source?

• Lisa says:

????????

• Mika02 says:

It’s well known Riker is a Hough cousin and has competed in ballroom for a number of years although the show down played both

• rowenamck says:

He was also on So You Think You Can Dance and Glee (as a Warbler), which also required some dancing skill.

• Mika02 says:

Exactly I don’t mind either way Anne is not making it up its well known and can be googled.

• rowenamck says:

Yes. I don’t personally have any issue with someone who has some experience being on the show as we’ve seen in the past that it doesn’t always guarantee a win. Not that the show should advertise it, but they shouldn’t keep it hidden either.

• Paul says:

Yup! Riker was part of “The fix is in”! But remember the producers count the votes, not an accounting firm and what the producers count has nothing to do with reality and its all protected by the first amendment.

• DJ says:

And like Rumur didn’t take dance lessons before she came on?

• Dj says:

There is another Dj on here, ok so they all take Dance lesson before the season starts. That’s how the cast always gets leaked because they catch them taking the lessons. But a few lessons doesn’t equal experience which some stars had this seasons.

• DJ says:

How do u know she hasn’t had dance lessons for years with top dance instructors of the world. Isn’t that what all kids of movie stars do? I doubt Riker had money for expensive lessons since he could walk, but I’m quite sure Rumur did.

• Dj says:

Riker competed in several dance competitions as a teen some of which against dancers who would become dwts pros. He and his sister even finished 1st before. So that tells you he grew up getting dance lessons.

• I don’t think Rumer competed professionally as a ballroom dancer as a child.

• DJ says:

Uh, ok. Look experience is experience. Whether she ballroom danced in a competition or had years of high priced lessons, what’s the difference? It was obvious, next to Nastia, who went home because she wasn’t Nastia DiCaprio or Nastia Depp, that Rumer was MORE than prepared for the show.

• Dj says:

Rumer growing up with money equals to her having imaginary dance lessons all her life which made her just as an experience dancer as Riker who comes from a dance family and as a teen was in the same dance competitions as some dwts pros. I bet Rumer speaks 7 different languages, has four black belts and that she is secretly Batwoman too.

• Meg says:

When Riker had more ballroom competition experience than his professional partner (Allison is not a ballroom dancer) it makes a difference.

5. Dj says:

Every time Rumer danced it was so beautiful. I can’t see how anyone didn’t fall in love with her this season. So yeah she deserved to win.

6. Lynne says:

As long as Noah didnt beat either of them, I’m happy.

7. Lisa says:

I think it should have been Riker and Allison

• Paul says:

Riker is a pro at dancing, has a lot of prior experience.

• Terry says:

He ain’t the first and he won’t be the last. Personally I think it’s a good thing that they have some contestants with dance experience and some without. Can you imagine how gawd awful the show would be if they had only contestants with no prior dance experience whatsoever?!?

• foxytales says:

Ten years ago, that’s exactly how the show started out! I have watched since the first season–when judging AND America voted on the DANCE ability, not just who they liked more. Then–it started becoming more and more popular and then it became more of a a popularity contest, than a dance competition

• Angela says:

They may have had more celebrities back at the show’s start who didn’t have prior dance experience, but don’t kid yourself, this show’s ALWAYS had an element of people voting for the person they liked the most, and being a popularity contest. Heck, even the professional dancers have had their fanbases that voted for them just ’cause they liked them.
            Add in the fact that many viewers have little to no expertise in the technical aspects of dancing, and that further explains why the best dancers don’t always win.

8. cool says:

still don’t know who is this Riker guy even is.
    Rumer was by far the best and Nastia got robbed. She should have been in the finals.

9. analog says:

VAL FINALLY WON

10. Angela says:

I honestly thought Riker’s freestyle last night had pushed him to win it all-that freestyle was AMAZING. And fun. I’d been kinda starting to lean towards pulling for him…
    …but I’ve loved Rumer throughout this season, too, and her freestyle dance last night was just perfection (also, I’m curious who did that version of “Toxic” they danced to, ’cause it sounded cool), and she looked so danged HAPPY when she won tonight, so yeah. I’m cool with the outcome :). It definitely came down to the best two. Congratulations to Rumer, and congrats to Riker on being runner-up.
    Also, Noah had a really nice speech after his elimination. Whatever one’s feelings about him making it this far, congrats to him, too, for working so hard and pushing himself as he did.

• JK says:

Rumer sang Toxic & Val played the violin on the track

• Melissa says:

Rumer is actually the one who did the cover of toxic :) and Val performed the violin on it :) I’m so glad they won :D

• Angela says:

Ahhhhhhh, okay. Thanks to you and JK both for that information! I apparently missed that being mentioned on the show :p.
        That’s really neat. Talented people, those two :D.

• Paul says:

Riker like Alfonso had professional dancing experience.

• bettyg says:

angela,
      i liked your comments here.

ALL of them did an outstanding job dedicating themselves to do the best they possibly could; it was really a hard decision.

i admire NOAH for pursuing this from the start and working his butt off to learn the coreography with his loss of an arm and prosthetic leg. most vets would NOT have attempted to do this, but noah did.

noah stole the show proposing to his girlfriend too and everyone was crying for joy for this couple.

CONGRATS RUMER & VAL! val, happy you made it this time around; you 2 had special chemistry too.

riker and allison; you 2 were terrific also. all of you worked hard to get into the FINALS; congrats to all.

• Angela says:

Glad we’re in agreement :)! Yeah, I understand people being disappointed if their favorite contestants didn’t win and all that, but ultimately, speaking for myself, I’m just here for the fun dances and seeing what people will show up each season. And Rumer, Riker, and Noah all seem like pretty decent, likeable people in general, and all worked hard, regardless of their level of talent or previous experience. So as long as I get to see that part of things, that’s all that matters to me :).
        I always feel lazy when I look at people like Noah and hear their stories :p. They make me think, “What the hell am I griping about?” And Sharna did a great job of working with him to make their dances as good as possible. If nothing else, it’s a good confidence-booster, this competition, and if seeing Noah inspired other people who struggled with some physical limitations or something, then I think that’s worth it.

• bettyg says:

angela, again i agree with your comments.

when we have any type of disability or challenge, seeing others WORSE than we are makes me count my blessings daily.

• You are a good person Angela. Well said.

• Paul says:

Riker is a relative of Hough. Riker has had extensive dance training and he still lost! Yeahhhh! Not saying Rumor was better or worse, only that Riker had far too much dance training under his belt and it was all recent, not 20 years ago.

11. Tim says:

So happy about this– very happy for Val, who should have won with janel Parrish. So glad rumer and Val won!!

12. Tiffany says:

Congrats Val and Rumer. Your awesome. This makes up for Val not winning with Zendaya. Love U Noah. Shout out from a Bama Girl. Riker you were great.

13. Jason says:

I was fine with Riker or Rumor. It isnt about how much experience you have. Riker had some and rumor had none. Still, she won. Last season Sadie had none and Alfonso had plenty and he won. It really is about passion and fan connection. Noah got put into the finals because of his status. I respect what he did as I am also in the military, but he doesn’t need to win a dancing competition. I am glad he did make it as far as he did. He should have left last week though. I thought Willow was gonna be the 3rd in the finals.

• jo says:

It’s really about who the JUDGES WANT!! You think that voting counts?? Get real.
      Rumer sucked !!!

• Angela says:

Yeah, no matter who won out of the remaining three, some fans would’ve had something to complain about. Riker has dance training, Rumer’s got famous parents, people would’ve been shocked to see Noah beat either of them. None of them would’ve come out of it untainted by accusations and gripes.
      And hell, I won’t even argue that the dance training complaint may have some merit. But again, people, this is nothing new with this show. There’s been numerous contestants on here over the years that have had similar accusations thrown at them. As much people want to believe these competitions are completely unbiased and free of behind the scenes machinations and focused on who’s the best dancer versus who’s the most popular/favorite contestant, the fact is, they’re not. And never really have been. That’s how reality competition shows tend to be in general. I’m not saying it’s fair, nor am I saying people have to like it, but at some point it really shouldn’t be that big a shock anymore. And each viewer will have to decide for themselves how much that fact bugs them.

• rowenamck says:

I couldn’t agree with you more and anyone who says the “shocking eliminations” aren’t set-up really doesn’t understand how these types of shows work. I think Rumer and Riker both did excellent this season and either would have deserved the win.

• Paul says:

I am shocked that the dancer with the most prior training did not win! Maybe because Riker is a guy and a guy won last year! But Angela has it correct. Have you ever seen them count the tallies? Who counts them? Do the producers make one couple look better than others by the dances and music they pick for them? Its a REALITY show folks and as such is protected by the first amendment according to a Federal Judge in Santa Monica, CA who made the decision in the “Storage Wars” battle. So grow up and accept that the results are “skewed” for ratings!

14. jo says:

Riker has a huge, huge following, this was fixed. Judges wanted Rumer from the start!

• Disney/youthful starlets have never proven to do well. Zendaya was arguably even better than Riker, yet failed to secure a win. Same with Sabrina Bryan, James Maslow, and more. Judges thought Rue was one of the best, which is why she won, deservedly so.

• Steve says:

Your logic is flawed. If Riker had such a huge following he would’ve won. The judge’s scores for both Riker and Rumer in the final round ended up being perfectly tied. Thus, the viewer votes are what decided this. It wasn’t fixed and you are crazy if you think it was.

15. Reighne says:

It should have been Riker he worked harder

• Sue says:

Were you there? If not, I’m surprised you know this, since they don’t follow the couples around 24 hours a day.

16. jo says:

Rumer Willis ballroom dancing sucked buttermilk

17. Peggy says:

Both Rumer and Riker equally deserved the trophy…both were fantastic…and Noah, too.

18. Lucy says:

Did anyone else have trouble getting their call to go through? I tried voting for Riker and only got through once. I tried many more times including 2:00 in the morning and kept getting a busy signal. I think the whole thing is fixed. Yes, Rumer and Val did beautiful dancing but they were all similar. Riker was truly innovative and still graceful.

• Moria says:

They only keep they phone lines open for an hour after the show ends in your time zone, after that you get a busy signal. I got this last night because I DVR’d the show to start late & didn’t realize it was only 1 hour, not 2. So when I tried calling the lines were already closed :(

• bettyg says:

yes, i too got busy signals but kept trying. did anyone vote ONLINE? IN PAST they have had that available; i forgot to.

• Jan says:

I was able to vote online. I hadn’t voted all season, but wanted to in the end hoping it would help Rumor win. She really danced beautifully. I can’t understand the ugly comments, here.

• I’ve heard people were booted from the ABC web site, saying their email addresses weren’t confirmed/valid, and they were voting for Rumer/Val.

• DJ says:

Well, it sure didn’t stop Rumer from winning did it? Just another clue that she was going to win anyway. Parents bought her a nice gift and she even got to sing the song she danced to, no one else did.

19. So every commenter is going to spend their time decimating Rumer for her win, saying it was “just because of her parents”?! Sorry, but she won on her own merit. She distinctly separated herself from her family fame in the past 3 months and solely focused on showcasing herself to America. She peaked at the right time of the competition, in the past few weeks, and now stands as receiving the most perfect scores, ever. She was fierce and hardworking, and deserved every BIT of that golden Mirrorball! Rue, you’re a star in the making!

• Dj says:

The people who are upset are the R5 Austin and Ally fans.

• Angela says:

Yeah, I don’t really get that complaint, either. That’d be like complaining that any of the celebrities who’ve won on this show in the past won simply ’cause they’re famous people and fixed the results or something. Anyone who is a contestant on here is either, obviously, famous themselves (on some level) or they have notable connections to famous people. That’s kind of the whole point of the “Stars” part of the show’s title.

20. Debbie says:

So happy that Rumer and Val won.

21. Kathy Walker says:

I am so excited that Rumer & Val won they deserved it they were the best on the show this season. They were outstanding!!!

22. Mary says:

Hey y’all sayers, Rumer and Val were committed and triumphant. Her dances were lyrical and mesmerizing. WONDERFUL AND EXCITING! (Sorry mom and pops, she did this all alone) :-)

23. Patricia Law says:

I think Rumer and Val were the best of last two couples, However, just as Lynn said , After all Noah has given America, seems like America could give Noah the Mirrowball Trophy. I truly believe, since the first Night of the Season, Noah has shown the Most Improved and truly worked as hard as any of them. I do not believe he received any sympathy vote, Noah’s is a strong and talented Man.

24. cp says:

Rumer never won my heart. However, I feel Riker is the best of the two, regardless of experience. It definitely helped that she has famous parents.

• cp says:

Adding that before dwts, I had no clue who riker was!

• Dj says:

Riker has a famous brother who has a show on Disney and Disney owns ABC and DWTS is on ABC, but that means nothing. The show is called Dancing with the Stars. No one had an advantage by family, fame or connections. Rumer won and saying it was fixed or it was because of her parents is immature and petty.

25. DJ says:

Ok, so the show is called Dancing with the STARS, right? How is Rumur Willis a star? Her parents were stars. And Noah is a war veteran. How is that a star? That’s the one thing that really bugs me about the show, they need to find a new title. Maybe Dancing with SOME Stars or Dancing with Reality Show People or Dancing with Relatives of Stars. All I know is Riker should have won. Bruce and Demi probably bought and paid for Rumur’s win.

26. Pearl says:

Riker was the best he had a cool way of moving and was always getting great scores

27. Don Cribb says:

It was Rumer’s precision that did it for me! Her Black Swan piece was brilliant! From then on I was one big fan. I traveled with Rudolph Nureyev in college years, saw great dancing in Europe and the US and followed Matthew Bourne’s great work thereafter! What a great season! I was a big fan of Kelly Pickler her season! A big surprise! Rumer was no surprise! Great lines, movement, holds, body and all! Beautiful extensions! Loved watching her!

28. Likewise, get valuable information like day length,
    sun rise & sun set, golden hour, twilight and many more about any particular place or area,
    in your smartphone. After accepting a blessing from you, the artisan will alter any
    damaged parts, adjustment and assuredly acknowledgment your i – Phone aback for you in no
    time. Share & discuss all of your enterprise app development requirement with experts and discuss all in detail.

29. Carol Dillon says:

Rumer was the best, but Riker was a close second. I thought I should have been Rumer, Nastia, and Riker in the finals. This IS a DANCING contest not a popularity contest. Couples are supposed to be judged on the footwork and style and that could not be said for all.

30. John Boetcher says:

Far too many “sour grapes” in a lot of these comments. The winner has been selected so get over it people! My being a “vet” had me cheering and voting for Noah all the way, however that doesn’t take away the fact that Rumer and Riker were also deserving of the win. And, there’s no disgrace for coming in 3rd. It was easy to see that Noah was extremely happy. I took dancing lessons for 23 years including Tap, Jazz, Ballet and Ballroom and I would have been happy with any of the finalists winning and Rumer deserved the win just as much as anyone. She was consistent and practically flawless all season long. Let’s give credit where it is due.

• Karla says:

Thank you! Completely agree about the sour grapes. Guessing many of these comments come from those raised with no winners/participation trophies for everyone, no tests or grades/they’re too stressful, etc. Then they don’t actually get their way for once and they either have breakdowns (see Willow getting voted off – probably the 1st time anyone said no to her in her life) or they turn into vicious wackadoos. It’s a dance contest. Get over it.

31. Judythe says:

I agree that Nastia was totally robbed of being in the finals. Her elegance in dancing certainly is undeniable. Given a Fair chance, the outcome of DWTS could have been different.

32. Marcy Malz says:

Rumer absolutely desereved to win. Riker was awesome also but I’m glad Rumer got the win. I thought Noah did wonderful for his disability but did not deserve to be in the top three. This is a dance competition not a who has the best story competition. I wish them all the best in their future endeavors!

33. You people who suggested Rumor won because of who her parents are “get over it”. She was incredible and DEFINITELY deserved the win. Her grace and technical perfection alone warranted her win. Yes, Noah and Riker also deserved to win they were great (or they wouldn’ have made the finals), but Rumor was amazing and in my opinon the right couple took the trophy home.

34. AngelWasHere says:

The right couple won IMO. Not a fan, but they deserved it.

I guess Val can tease his brother with his shiny gold trophy now. :P

35. Lee says:

With only minute differences in the top 2 (sorry, I did not think couple 3 deserved to be in the finale…mostly sympathy votes) you had to got with emotion and passion and ultimately Rumor won on all accounts. Those saying it was b/c of who her parents are are forgetting she was at the bottom of the leaderboard at least once. She was flawless. Can’t say that for #2 & 3.

36. Who cares????????????????????????? This does not alter anyones life in any way! shees.

37. Pris Hodges says:

Really enjoyed this DWTS season. The pros were terrific and so were the contestants. I hope that with Val and Rumer demonstrating that we want to see DANCING and not props that the powers that be of DWTS will stop with the smoke, chairs, tables, props or any kind and get back to the REAL DEAL………BALLROOM DANCING. Great season. The right couple won IMO.

38. Judy says:

I agree Riker was clearly the winner. But it was clearly her parents was the reason she won. Do not know if I want to watch a crooked show like this anymore.

39. sharon j says:

I always watch the show and usually have a favorite at the end. But this time I was actually torn. Noah was a total winner in so many ways but was obviously not the best dancer on the floor yet the one with the most growth.But as far as a pro goes. Sharna was perfection in her choreography. The numbers she was able to come up considering Noahs limitations are beyond words.Riker and Allison were total fun to watch and entertainment wise probably the best. But Val and Rumer used very few extra props, special effects etc – just pure dancing. In one interview Val had said he had difficulty creating any kind of very showy type routines and when he had previously done them, they had never won anyway cause it just wasn’t him. I never cared much for Val in past seasons but this time started rooting for him. I do love the fancy, pyro type effects cause it does make it fun to watch but the winner was supposed to be based on the actual dancing itself stripping away all the extras. So Noah gets my heart, Riker gets my smile but Rumer got my vote. Best finals ever!! Congrats to all three finalists!

40. Pure dancing with little if any special effects, hands down winner. Noah was clearly the one with the most growth and Sharna as the most amazing pro. The choreography she was able to come up considering Noah’s limitations was phenomenal. Riker was the most fun to watch with lots youthful exuberance and tons of razzle dazzle. But pure dancing, it was Rumer and Val. I was somewhat conflicted in my favorite cause Noah captured my heart. Riker captured my smile but ultimately Rumer captured my vote. Congrats to all three finalists! Best finals ever!!

41. AW says:

I really wanted DWTS to surprise me by announcing Noah as the winner, but since that didn’t happen, then I would have preferred Riker and Allison win instead.

42. ncmacasl says:

Wanted Riker to win but Rumer was really good, so not upset at all with the decision. Glad Val finally got a win, as well!

43. elmira nadjarian says:

Best couple to win in all of the 20 seasons. I have watch all of the seasons and this was the best since Rumer and Val were my favorite to win from day one. :)

44. You bet the right couple won ~ Val & Rumer all the way!

45. You bet the right couple won ~ Val & Rumer

46. Diz says:

As long as Noah didn’t win I didn’t care who won. Both finalists were great all season.

47. Linda Nicholson says:

Rumer and Val were the best of the best. I’m so happy they won. Maybe Riker’s brother will take a chance and dance next season. He did help his brother with some dance moves, I hear.

48. GUSTAVO ALCALA says:

NOAH WOULD NEVER WIN DUE TO LOW SCORES BUT THE CHRISTIAN VOTE KEPT HIM IN THE FINALS. RIKER WOULD NEVER WIN SINCE HE IS DEREK HOUGH COUSIN AND JUDGE JULIANNE HOUGH COUSIN. BY PROCESS OF ELIMINATION AND DEFAULT RUMER WILLIS WINS !!!!! VAL FINALLY WON !!!!!!! GO VAL !!!!!!!!!!!

49. GUSTAVO ALCALA says:

VAL FINALLY WON !!!!!!!!!!

50. Nina Renaud says:

I see no ‘fix”, agree with the results of the finals, and believe the winner was also the best dancer of the three. It was close: Riker certainly has talent, technique, and showmanship, but so does Rumer, whose posture and extension gave her the edge in my book.
    That said, the show is entertainment that revolves around ballroom dancing rather than a true competition. Viewers have always been told “vote for your FAVORITE couple”, not “vote for the best dancers”.
    So there’s nothing surprising about the viewers choosing Noah over Willow, or even Nastia, though I’d call it the “inspiration” vote rather than the “sympathy” vote. Noah’s strength and balance far exceed those of the overwhelming majority of people with four limbs, and Sharna’s ability to showcase how much he CAN do was astounding. Was Noah one of the three best dancers on the show? No. But were he and Sharna incredibly entertaining to watch, and as much an inspiration to the young and able-bodied as those challenged by physical limitations? Absolutely.