Flash/Arrow Spinoff: Caity Lotz's Character Revealed — She Is [Spoiler]

One super mystery solved…?

The CW on Thursday unveiled its first cast photo for the Flash/Arrow spinoff DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, and it confirms the identity of the character being played by Caity Lotz. (Click to zoom.)

Legends of Tomorrow White CanaryLotz of course played Sara Lance aka Black Canary on Arrow, but was famously killed off early in Season 3. Thus, there has been much speculation about her Legends of Tomorrow role, especially after good ol’ long-lens paparazzi photos surfaced hinting at an all-white costume.

Is she in fact, most positively playing DC Comics’ lethal White Canary? Yep, she sure is. CW president Mark Pedowitz confirmed as much during a conference call with reporters on Thursday.

The official logline for Legends of Tomorrow reads as follows:

When heroes alone are not enough… the world needs legends. Having seen the future, one he will desperately try to prevent from happening, time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter is tasked with assembling a disparate group of both heroes and villains to confront an unstoppable threat — one in which not only is the planet at stake, but all of time itself. Can this ragtag team defeat an immortal threat unlike anything they have ever known? DC’S Legends of Tomorrow stars Victor Garber (The Flash); Brandon Routh (Arrow); Arthur Darvill (Doctor Who); Caity Lotz (Arrow); Ciarra Renee (Pippin); Franz Drameh (Edge of Tomorrow); with Dominic Purcell (The Flash); and Wentworth Miller (The Flash).

1. I’m expecting either an identical descendant thing or Rip Hunter going back in time to some how pull Sara out of time.

Also, obligatory to mention: why the hell is Merlyn still alive?

2. Sean Kane says:

If Arthur Darvill is playing Rip Hunter, time-travel is going to be a big element of the show. She could just be playing the same character, without having a return from the grave.

• Matt says:

If I’m remembering correctly, Rip Hunter can also traverse multiple timelines and universes.

If that’s the case, he could also pull Sara from an alternate timeline

3. Dean says:

As long as Caity Lotz is on it I’m one happy tv viewer.

• Georgia Madman says:

same here. Loved her on Arrow.

• Gerri says:

You’re joking right? I may watch this show in spite of her. I don’t want to be mean, but I found her acting was terrible.

• Kristy K says:

I agree. I was very happy that she left Arrow. Her acting really was terrible. I’m hoping she is better in this because I really want to watch it.

• Dean says:

I don’t want to be mean but do you have the anal compulsion to putdown people who don’t agree with you?

• AddieM says:

I agree with you…I don’t really care about Caity and her death on Arrow did nothing for me. I hope she wont be as terrible as she was on Arrow.

4. CJ Dawn says:

I am not well-versed in DC comics canon, but is there a statute of limitations on how long someone can be dead and the Lazarus Pits still bring them back to life? I’m just wondering if there could be a connection to Sara being alive, and Malcolm’s “end of the bargain” mentioned last night.

• Kubrick says:

That is true Oliver did hand an entire organization of trained killers to the guy who killed his ex girl his best friend and made his sister go darkside. I’m sure he wouldn’t do that unless there was something he wanted out of Malcolm in return something big. Looks like we’ll have to wait until fall to find out. And since Legends of Tomorrow is a midseason show we may have to watch a few episodes of Arrow or Flash to see if Caity Lotz does play Sara and if so how Sara comes back kicking.

• CJ Dawn says:

Exactly. When I watched last night I couldn’t believe Oliver would just hand the League of Assassins to Merlyn. But, if Merlyn could bring Sara back, then Oliver it makes a little more sense. It’s still insane, and I’m sure Oliver may live to regret that decision, but at least he would have had good intentions.

5. Hurl says:

Already shipping Arthur Darvill’s character with Caity Lotz..

6. Azerty says:

As long as she is the Sara Lance that we know and love I am good. Beside Laurel is the Black Canary now so that would make sense that Sara chooses a different color. But seriously CL needs to be Sara and not some character would look a lot like her or evil twin or whatever. If it is well explained I am good with it.

7. Lysh says:

I can’t wait for the eventual Arrow crossover and Oliver and company (+Nyssa) discover she’s alive. I will CRY happy tears. She looks awesome. So does Rory Williams.

• Liz says:

we can call him Rory right. He is Tim travelling lol. Now I’m excited for this! Everyone looks awesome. And I’m thinking mid season because certain things need to be set up. Like Marti Stien, and obviously captain cold

8. mike says:

So is she the villain then? Don’t really care, i’m in as long she’s there. Maybe Laurel has redeemed herself a little in the role, but Sara will always be Canary to me

9. JC1 says:

The biggest question for me has always been not what superhero identity she will take, but whether or not she is Sara Lance. I hope they don’t continue to drag that mystery out.

10. Carla Krae says:

Sara was The Canary. Laurel is The Black Canary. Show has been clear on this.

11. Nick says:

Pretty sure she’s playing Sara Lance. Just sayin’.

12. Joey Padron says:

glad to know which character Caity is playing on the show. good photo of the cast. excited to see the show!

13. Cody S. says:

Still confused on why they only went with one half of Firestorm…

• Maryann says:

My guess is that Robbie Amell didn’t want to come back. But it will be interesting to see how they manage it in terms of story line.

• herman1959 says:

Are people forgetting that they were separated on The Flash?

• Gerald says:

But they can only be Firestorm when they rejoin. So the Dr. will just be the brains of Legends, Robbie will have to guest star if they are going to fire up.

14. Julian says:

Is it me or is someone between Caity and Brandon?

15. Justsomeguy says:

Pumped for this show. Looking forward to seeing Caity Lotz’s new White Canary in action.

16. Michele says:

Hoping for a timeline pull so we can forget season 3 of Arrow existed. Alas, I don’t think we will be so lucky.

17. Jonnythec says:

Merlyn ain’t dead bro…he’s raj al gual now!

18. AW says:

I hope Caity Lotz plays a new character with a different name as White Canary because Sara Lance is dead on Arrow, and Caity is so multi-talented that it would be great to see her in a different role!

19. D says:

Can’t friggin wait.

20. D says:

Also, and I know he’s an

21. D says:

Stupid iphone!!! I know h

22. kara says:

MAybe rip hunter will show up in arrow or the flash since its midseason.

23. Samantha says:

Excited to have Caity back, but if she is playing “Sara Lance” is she the same Sara Lance we know? Will her friends and family find out she’s alive? Is she still have the memories of the ‘Sara’ we met on Arrow? Will she know what her sister has been up? Will they be reunited? I HAVE QUESTIONS!!!!!!

24. Evan says:

In the the trailer for the show… it shows Sara coming out of a Lazarus Pit!

25. Lorraine says:

I will watch this show it will good too bad cw didn’t get the dupergirl show instead of cbs