Fall TV Preview

CBS Fall Schedule: Supergirl Lands on Monday, Person of Interest, 2 Broke MIA

CBS Fall Schedule 2015

Kara Zor-El will take flight on Mondays this fall.

CBS on Wednesday revealed its primetime schedule for the 2015-16 TV season, and the big news is that Supergirl will assume Monday’s formerly comedy-dominant opening hour after Thursday Night Football ends in early November.

Also of note: New family comedy Life in Pieces has scored the plum post-Big Bang slot (first on Mondays and then on Thursdays after TNF concludes), and new drama Limitless takes over Person of Interest‘s Tuesday-at-10 perch (the latter is being held for midseason),

Also on deck for midseason: Returning shows 2 Broke Girls, Mike & Molly, Undercover Boss and The Odd Couple, and new dramas Rush Hour and Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders.

CSI, meanwhile, will end its 15-season run with a reunion-packed two-hour movie (full details here). Additionally, Ted Danson will bring his CSI character, D.B. Russell, over to CSI: Cyber full-time next season.

All told, the CBS schedule looks like this; new shows are in CAPS, click for details.

MONDAY
8 pm The Big Bang Theory
8:30 LIFE IN PIECES (WATCH THE TRAILER)
9 pm Scorpion
10 pm NCIS: LA

MONDAY (after Thursday Night Football concludes in early November)
8 pm SUPERGIRL (WATCH THE TRAILER)
9 pm Scorpion
10 pm NCIS: LA

TUESDAY
8 pm NCIS
9  pm NCIS: New Orleans
10 pm LIMITLESS (WATCH THE TRAILER)

WEDNESDAY
8 pm Survivor
9 pm Criminal Minds
10 pm CODE BLACK (WATCH THE TRAILER)

THURSDAY
8 pm Thursday Night Football

THURSDAY (after football concludes)
8 pm The Big Bang Theory
8:30 pm LIFE IN PIECES (WATCH THE TRAILER)
9 pm Mom
9:30 ANGEL FROM HELL (WATCH THE TRAILER)
10 pm Elementary

FRIDAY
8 pm The Amazing Race
9 pm Hawaii Five-0
10 pm Blue Bloods

SATURDAY
8 pm Crimetime Saturday
9 pm Crimetime Saturday
10 pm 48 Hours

SUNDAY
7 pm 60 Minutes
8 pm Madam Secretary
9 pm The Good Wife
10 pm CSI: Cyber

NOT RETURNING NEXT SEASON: Battle Creek, The McCarthys, The Mentalist, The Millers, Reckless, Stalker and Two and a Half Men.

1. I am still not over Stalker getting cancelled.

2. Bill says:

Still can’t believe Person of Intersst is getting a short season

3. SoFla says:

CSI status please. Thank you.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Two-hour series finale on Sunday, Sept. 27. Story to come….

• Kathy A says:

RIP. CSI. CBS killed you when they moved you to Sundays at 10. Pre-emptions due to football games and golf tournaments running over made the show impossible to plan for, DVRs or not. What a sad way to treat a show that kept CBS on the top of the heap for years.

• Amanda says:

Thanks! But if you get any CBS folks in, ask them why they keep yanking Big Bang around? Either keep it on Mondays or Thursdays, I would actually prefer Mondays! This is meesing with my DVR schedule! lol and also them them they are NOT forgiven for pulling The Millers!!! :)

4. Morganic says:

So still no word on CSI?

5. Stephon JS says:

Person of Interest is missing.
    So SuperGirl arrives October?

• dman6015 says:

POI is a mid-season replacement for a failed show.

• JenJ says:

Exactly. A quality show like POI gets the mid-season spot for most of these dumb sounding new series. I hate waiting so long to find out what happened to Team POI!

• Patty says:

Totally not fair. I am waiting as patiently as I can for my shows to return. Not liking this season right now. IZombie has proven to be an interesting and entertaining show but all these re-runs and others I watch being ended TV is just not much of an option anymore.

• GMom100 says:

I can’t believe POI is being relegated to mid season! It is one of my favorite shows! So was Stalker! And I like Cyber just fine as it is. No need for Ted Danson!

6. Jennifer says:

Not many changes. If it works …

7. Rick says:

Where’s Person of Interest?

8. lanie says:

Still can’t believe some of these shows got full seasons, when great shows like Person of Interest is getting the short end of the stick. CBS has no clue what it’s doing.

• brandydanforth81 says:

POI is WB,rest if the dramas are Czbzs owned.Natrally they’d give better treatment to their own shows.Be grateful your show was renewed.

9. Patricia Angelica says:

What about CSI? Did CBS decide what to do with it?

• Whatevah says:

10. RichCD says:

Where is Person of Interest?

11. Tim says:

Where is Person of Interest and Two Broke Girls.

12. BCsDave says:

No POI. Must be a mid season replacement if a new show fails. Or if one of the new shows doesnt have a full season order.

13. Jason Moore says:

Are they trying to doom Supergirl by running her show in the same slot Gotham occupies over on Fox? That just seems like a REALLY odd choice placing your new DC comics TV show against an already established DC comics TV show.

• Carla Krae says:

Different tones of work, though. Gotham is dark and gritty. Supergirl (and Superman) are the opposite (traditionally).

• BP says:

Gotham is crap. Hope Supergirl is better.

• TinLV says:

Says you.. I think Gotham is great and I never miss it, but will DVR Supergirl for a couple of episodes to see if its any good, I don’t have a lot of hope for it, mainly because its on CBS and they do some things well, but this isn’t really their genre. Besides, we already have so many comic book shows right now ( Arrow, Flash, S.H.I.E.L.D., Gotham, Daredevil (on Netflix).. even Agent Carter.. ) and some of these are awesome.. but do we really need more ?

• Kiki says:

The problem is getting Gotham to appeal to people with not a lot of background in the genre. I tried watching it and made it through I think three episodes before giving up. I didn’t hate it there was just not enough there to make it a must see for me. I liked Ben McKenize in Southland and I normally watch almost anything Donal Logue is in but I think the only reason I managed three episodes was the appeal of the Fish Mooney character and once Jada announced she was leaving I deleted the rest of it from my DVR.

• And you are making this statement after watching how many episodes of SUPERGIRL? ZERO? Are you a politician? They’re famous for shooting off their mouths and making statements about things they have ZERO proof to back up. Instead of running for office, try running away from your computer until you become intelligent.

• Eric says:

I was thinking the same thing. I reckon either Fox or CBS will change things up as September nears (it’s known to happen before after the whole sched comes out). Surely WB and DC had some sort of agreement with the networks, that they wouldn’t pit their DC properties against each other on the same timeslot. Either Gotham will suffer on its sophomore run or Supergirl will fizzle out in the first season. I think it might be the former than the latter.

• Ellinas78 says:

“Established” is a very generous word for Gotham. It’s doing OK in the ratings but if Supergirl does even an OK job it should dominate it.

• Jason Moore says:

Personal opinions of each show are pretty much irrelevant to the point I was attempting to make. Yes, they are different properties with different tones on different networks, and some will obviously like one more than the other (or possibly even like neither of them when all is said and done). My point was that they are both shows based on major DC properties. Airing them at the same time is going to hurt BOTH shows, because you’ve essentially got the same viewer base for both shows (fans, both casual and hardcore, of DC and/or comic properties in general). I refer to Gotham as the “established” show, because it has already spent a full season in its time slot. It was announced over a week ago that it would remain in that same timeslot for season 2, so I thought it curious (and possibly foolish) that CBS would decide to go with that same time slot for their new DC show.

• Running Supergirl against GOTHAM? Not a smart idea. CBS will have to find a new place for it very quickly.

14. Joe says:

Wow pretty much everything that interests me is coming at mid season except Mom and that’s in October, guess I won’t be watching CBS till then

15. Some chick says:

So is 2 Broke Girls a 13 episode season? Or are they doing what they did with Mike and Molly this year….starting in December and having new episodes almost every week and fewer repeats?

• Mr. Tran K says:

Not so sure if 2 Broke Girls gets a 13 episode season. If Supergirl fails in the 8 p.m. Monday night time slot, 2BG and Mike & Molly should fill the void but if Supergirl becomes a hit in that time slot then 2BG should be moving to Thursdays but I predict it should get the post Big Bang Theory time slot (8:30 p.m.) if Life in Pieces gets canceled. I have a feeling that both of CBS’ new comedies (Life in Pieces and Angel From Hell) and dramas (Limitless and Code Black) won’t make it through its rookie season. Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders should get the 10 p.m. Wednesday night time slot come mid-season and I think that Rush Hour takes over the 8 p.m. Friday night time slot after The Amazing Race is done or perhaps Undercover Boss.

16. Anne Garland says:

Sunday’s at 10:00pm. That is the kiss of death for a TV show! Scheduled shows are bumped due to sports and Amazing Race. If I tune in to watch my show and it is not on, I no longer watch it live of DVR it. I feel if it is not NB to the network, then it certainly is not NB to me.

• John NYC says:

Indeed, that sort of insists a DVR’d two hour block to catch a show which means watching it later: meaning zero ratings impact

• JenJ says:

I know, Sundays is where they throw shows they don’t care too much about and do very little, if any, promoting to get people to watch it.

17. robert leigh says:

I really can’t believe what CBS have done with Person of Interest. Its probably the best show on TV right now and I am incredibly sad to see it go like this. If only CBS understood what a treasure they had.

• brandydanforth81 says:

POI is WB owned.i think the rest of their dramas are CBS.Natruattly,CBS would give better treatment to its own shows.At least your show got renewed.Quality is subjective and has nothing to with scheduling

• if Person of Interest was doing better in the ratings, it would have been renewed for a whole season. There was talk of cancelling this show at one point. They also considered cancelling Blue Bloods, Elementary and Hawaii Five O. There was a reason CBS was the last one to decide on which shows to keep. The fact that it is made by Warner Bros. didn’t help. As someone said, if CBS made this show, it might have received a full season renewal.

• Mr. Tran K says:

I’m not so sure if POI is going to end after five seasons given the fact that it’s going to have 13 episodes instead of the full season order in 22. Supergirl may very well be a good fit on Mondays going up against Gotham and it would be great if 2 Broke Girls is moving to Thursdays. Mike & Molly and The Odd Couple are in a very tough spot if one of them fills the void.

• dman6015 says:

They’re doing a Mentalist on POI. Last year they announced a shortened 13-episode season for The Mentalist. About two months later, they officially announced The Mentalist would be ending. They do this with marginal shows (POI has had low ratings this year) to get them to the “magic number” of 100 episodes for better syndication rates. The abbreviated 5th season will give them 101 episodes.

• They did it on CSI this past season. The Point of Interest fans need to make sure that they watch en masse to maybe convince CBS to add more episodes. Some of the new shows failing in a hurry might help too.

• Gail says:

I so agree and didn’t realize POI had been in trouble until now when I went looking for its start. Same goes for Stalker when I heard it got cancelled. IMO CBS made a mistake and I almost hate to get interested in a show these days. It seem like the ones I really enjoy get the axe.

18. Lysh says:

Supergirl conflicts with Gotham, but I’m just glad it’s not up against another DC/Berlanti show. I guess I don’t really watch anything on CBS, but I’ll definitely check out Supergirl.

19. Mr. Smith says:

I don’t see the threat with Gotham. The ratings for Gotham are not stellar and Scorpion at 9PM seems to be the perfect companion. Disappointed they kept Elementary and are reducing POI. Yes, I realize POI isn’t owned by CBS, but still… a much better show than Elementary.

20. Dean says:

Yup CBS has killed supergirl with this decision. Using a new show as an evening starter is bound to crash especially since its up against Gotham which has a year under its belt shame I enjoy Greg Berlanti’s other hero shows and this is a disappointment

21. Ezzy says:

You guys need to learn how to read because it clearly days POI is on deck for mid-season

• Zach says:

A lot of these comments were made before that information was added to the article.

• Martina says:

I think people are disappointed with only 13 episodes this season, I am too but I’d rather have 13 episodes than none.

22. KC says:

Supergirl=Failure

23. Sharon says:

They keep stupid CSI:Cyber that didn’t do nothing in the ratings and only bring back POI as a mid season replacement? Something wrong there.

24. lame says:

Disappointed POI getting short shifted. To imaginative a show to be restricted like that

• lame says:

When other series seem to be running out of ideas POI creative go in bold fearless new directions. Example, who else would have dared to make a pshycopath like Root into a heroic figure. Ha.

25. Kubrick says:

Was curious about Supergirl but this scheduling is worrisome. On the one hand given that Monday at 8 competition other than Gotham is Voice and DWTS so if people want to try new scripted shows that is a proper time slot for the show, on the on the other hand it’s competition is Gotham DWTS and Voice all three veteran shows are well established and have their own following plus the late start in November does not do it any favors as CBS shows that start later in the year don’t have a track record of surviving.

26. Hamza says:

DC vs DC on Mondays at 8 PM. Would DC approve?

27. Gerald says:

Thanks CBS for not adding any new must see shows this year so there won’t be any new conflicts with my PVR. Supergirl will not take priority over Gotham. I may check it out but do not have high hopes.

28. If it was up to WB/DC, they would NOT want Supergirl up against Gotham, but it’s not, it’s CBS’ call. CBS is aware of the HIT Fox has with Gotham, thus why they are slotting Supergirl up against it, CBS and Fox are rivals, it’s a business decision, they must feel Mondays at 8pm is the best place for such a hot commodity (although IMPO, Supergirl should’ve gone to Sundays at 8pm)

• herman1959 says:

I agree, the 8PM time is not a problem because Supergirl is a lighter, more optimistic superhero show with a younger protagonist, like The Flash. This means it will have a cross-demo appeal (kids will watch) that will be enhanced by the 8:00 start, like The Flash. Finally, the EP and creator is Berlanti, like the Flash. That said, the actually day is the problem; having two DC shows against each other seems an off choice.

• msemmyjones says:

Well their only other real choice would have been Thursday up against Grey’s Anatomy and Bones. Gotham’s not nearly as well received or as ratings heavy as either of those shows. Not to mention, they might both be DC inspired shows, but (granted I’m speculating since I haven’t seen any Supergirl) they seem like they’re going to be wildly different in tone. If you’re into the gritty, hopeless fell you can watch Gotham. If you’re looking for something lighter and more optimistic you can watch Supergirl.

And last, we haven’t gotten the schedule for CW, but I wouldn’t be surprised if their new DC Legends was on Thursdays (or Arrow or the Flash shuffled around) giving Berlanti’s DC shows at 8pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Better to have Supergirl compete with a rival DC show than with your own DC show.

29. zackkattackk843 says:

They would air Supergirl during Gotham. Ugh

30. herman1959 says:

Wow, there won’t be anything on CBS that I really want to see every week. Just recently, I’ve started watching CSI: New Orleans after The Flash, but it’s not like I have to see it every week. The cast is great, except for the agent with the “Jethro accent” – it’s annoying and it’s not even NOLA.

• herman1959 says:

UPDATE! Bradley Cooper will be in the Limitless pilot and recurring, so I will have one new CBS show to look forward to.

31. David4 says:

Very odd they took away the comedy block on Monday

32. Mr. Tran K says:

Not very happy about the new Fall schedule on CBS. Really sad that 2 Broke Girls won’t be back until mid-season as does the new series Rush Hour. Shocked that TBBT is at it again starting on Mondays then moving back to Thursdays after football. Placing Supergirl in the 8 p.m. Monday night time slot is really something or nothing and putting CSI: Cyber in the 10 p.m. Sunday night time slot is going to be a even bigger problem. Looks like CBS may or may not be America’s Most Watched Network anymore if their dominant reign at #1 is coming to an end.

• Boiler says:

Totally agree with 2 Broke Girls!! Those 2 are hilarious together. Unless this is a strategy to run 2 full “seasons”

• Mr. Tran K says:

Would be great if 2 Broke Girls is moving to Thursdays after The Big Bang Theory? That’s my bold prediction.

33. hello says:

Supergirl vs Gotham is interesting, i think Gotham will suffer more than Supergirl

34. Um, so next season it’ll be Supergirl vs Gotham, as in “Batman v Supergirl”? See, a rip off of Superman! lol

35. Mr. Tran K says:

Wonder if CBS is moving both 2 Broke Girls and Mike & Molly to Thursdays if Life in Pieces and Angel From Hell are goners.

36. Erika says:

Is this a good or bad 8 pm schedule for Supergirl?

37. Boiler says:

Not that I planned to watch it anyway but they screwed Supergirl. 2 Broke Girls and Mike and Molly should be on Thurs. as the new shows look poor. Unless this is CBS’ way of going to uninterrupted shows

• Mr. Tran K says:

What about The Odd Couple? Very tough spot to fill the void but I predict that both of CBS’ new comedies in Life in Pieces and Angel From Hell are goners.

38. Chris says:

So they replaced POI with a show about a pill…

39. greysfan says:

Still shocked Stalker got cancelled. Love that show. Gone too soon. :(

40. BP says:

Sorry Supergirl….. Flash is on during that time…… WHY THE HELL would DC want to put 2 of their products against each other.

41. Michelle says:

Any idea what the crimetime saturday night is?

42. Rebecca collinson says:

They have to bring the rest of season 3 back tl channel 5 i was watching up to episode 8 and then it finished and said will return in the year. Why did it go on a break for is it cause of big brother am un happy miss ma show person of interest

43. kmw says:

Very interesting schedule. Amazing Race needs to go back to Sunday, why they kept Cyber is beyond me and POI being off so long not good. Don’t know how Supergirl will do against Gotham, but seems strange that they would break their comedy line up

44. Dennis says:

Wow bold move!! I was really expecting Supergirl on Sunday’s…

45. Mary says:

Why is CBS cancelling Stalker and Battle Creek & then cutting Person of Interest short?

Why cancel CSI and then move Ted Danson to CSI; Cyber, I guess so he can help get that one cancelled as well.

I will not be watching CBS shows as much this season, but will be watching other networks for the shows I enjoy watching and for reruns of my favorite shows

• Barbara G says:

We loved Battlecreek! I’m tired of Networks not giving their new shows time to catch on. Why couldn’t they put it on a different night in the Fall and see what happens? I’m also stumped why they would mess with their Monday night comedies, although I did see somewhere that Mike and Molly had really slipped in its ratings but CBS wants to hang on to Melissa McCarthy.

• CB says:

I totally agree. Battle Creek was evolving week to week and had so much potential. Love the cast, especially Dean Winters. Wish FX or another network would pick it up. We actually saw growth and character development. Couldn’t grasp why viewers didn’t like this show.

• CerealMan says:

Just enough off kilter to be worth watching. I guess the tweeners don’t get it.

• Lisa says:

Ted Danson didn’t get CSI cancelled. Laurence Fishburn actually brought them awfully close to being cancelled back in 2011. When Fishburn left and Danson was announced as joining the cast, it revived the show for 4 more years. Essentially, he extended the life of the show.

46. R.O.B. says:

On Person of Interest missing from the Fall schedule. GOOD. This is a unique plot and story compared to most 13-ep crime dramas. This will give the writers time to plot a compelling, tight story for season 5 that may help the show survive. Cutting to 13 episodes is a GREAT move. These shows don’t need to be strung out soap operas with convoluted storylines anymore. No more need to stretch to 24 episodes just because. And since there is so much content out there right now, people give up on these longer-season shows because time is short and they would rather focus on something else.

• Cheryl says:

It also gives Sarah Shahi( sorry if I spelled her name wrong) Shaw, a chance to be ready to come back to the show. It really needs her as a character. 13 episodes is way better than none!

• dman6015 says:

Yes, the 13 episode season will allow the writers to wrap up a lot of loose ends without having to worry about “number of the week” episodes. But don’t kid yourself. There will be an announcement in the short term that Season 5 is their last season. They did it to The Mentalist last year.

• R.O.B. says:

You are probably correct but it would be a mistake. Shortening to 13 eps probably cuts their production costs by 30-40% or more. That should give plenty of financial room to test out the tighter plotting. CBS should compare this to other 13-ep dramas that have far smaller viewership. By the way, the 24 ep season gave us the “suddenly Shaw is gay and the love of Root’s life” storyline. I personally don’t care what their sexuality is, it doesn’t need to be in POI and probably never would have been devised were it not for all the filler needed.

47. Ellinas78 says:

Fewer and fewer shows to watch on network TV each year.

48. Ellinas78 says:

Replacing Persons of Interest with a case of the week concept. Down to 3 and 1 on-demand shows on CBS.

49. Możesz je zobaczyć w firmie Arbryt drzwi wrocław Z powodzeniem dostosujesz je do stylu domu
    i elewacji.

50. Jeff says:

Why is everyone assuming midseason automatically makes a show have 13 epiosdes rather than the full 22 they normally get. Mike and molly once had a season where they were scheduled for midseason and they got 22 epsiodes and all the epsiodes aired. Im sure there will be full seasons of POI and 2 broke girls. if there wasnt an annoucement wouldve been made.