Castle's Stana Katic on Board for Season 8 After Inking New 1-Year Deal: 'I'm Excited About the Future'

Stana Katic Returning to Castle

Castle is retaining its Queen.

Stana Katic has inked a new deal to continue playing Kate Beckett through the just-ordered Season 8The actress’ on-screen hubby, Nathan Fillion, inked his own deal last month that carries him through next season.

News of Katic’s new pact comes as the aging ABC procedural is undergoing a major shift behind-the-scenes. As TVLine reported, Castle scribes Terence Paul Winter and Alexi Hawley are taking over as co-showrunners, replacing David Amann, who is not returning for Season 8.

UPDATE: On Tuesday afternoon, Katic shared a statement on her awaited decision, saying it came after conversing with the series’ new showrunners:

1. Sam says:

Thank God! Last night’s season finale was a great episode. It reminded me of the season 5 / series finale of Brothers & Sisters in that it set-up possible story lines for next season, but could have served as a series finale if need-be. Very happy to get another season of Castle! The show would not be the same without Stana – an extremely talented and gracious actress.

• Patrick says:

It will be for a full season. ABC owns Castle, and it has sold into wide syndication. So, Castle is basically a printing press that churns out money. I think the 1 year deals are reflections of behind the scenes moves. If they work out, I wouldn’t be surprised to see another season after this one. It will depend on how ABC’s pilot season goes. If there are hits, then Castle might not come back. If no new shows stick, Castle might be back. They can easily write in a Stana pregnancy, should that occur. Given what has happened with Bones, I’d be surprised if this show ends next year. Everyone involved is getting rich, the supporting characters can’t make nearly as much money elsewhere, and the leads will never have a job as good. Both the leads are reaching the age point where lead actor movie stardom is unlikely, and I don’t see Stana doing more TV. ABC can save money on the supporting characters, while letting the leads’ salaries approach 1M. Even 500 K per ep is 11 million dollars a year, and that is hard to walk away from. Even if the talent is less than eager, there are agents, managers, and family members who are more than eager for the talent to continue on with such a well paid, low demand, job.

• Georgia Madman says:

I just can’t see Stana or Nathan going past Season 8. I think both are tired of the grind and want to do something else. I think next year is their “cash cow” year.

• Annie says:

I agree with you, Georgia. I’m also curious how cynical I really am: Did the PTB delay releasing this news to up the eyeballs on last night’s finale? Or did she really – while she’s apparently in parts unknown working on some other project (according to her Twitter account) – just finalize the deal?

• Just one thing says:

I don’t blame you for being cynical. This morning at 6 am could’ve been a hard deadline, but it does seem like they held the news for today to make a splashy press release.
            It’s silly, if true. But makes sense.

• Kristina says:

I agree. Nathan has hinted in interviews about wanting to possibly explore other projects, or not being available to do certain things due to Castle filming constraints. I’d love to see him in something different, although I’m glad for the success he’s had on Castle.

• Patrick says:

But, if you were Nate/Stana, wouldn’t you say similar things as a negotiating tactic? Its hard to drive up your asking price if you don’t have other things going on, or other things that you have expressed an interest in doing. Believe me, if they are paying you 11m a year, with the possibility of more, those “other” projects get less appealing. As I said earlier, I have a feeling that the people around the stars may not be as keen on Nate/Stana moving from 11million a year down to a fraction of that.

• CastleBuzz says:

Response to Patrick: I doubt either one would say things just for a negotiating tactic without some reality behind it. They weren’t negotiating with fools after all, but with studio reps and heads who would know what’s out there in terms of offers and projects. Hollywood is a “small town” when it comes to “secrets.” In the end, the actors could be called out on it and the tactic could end up really backfiring not only for current negotiations but for their future reputations as well.

• Grey says:

I agree with you too Georgia. Even Susan Sullivan said back in season 5 that she really didn’t see the show going past eight seasons and she’s been on many successful shows over the years and probably understands the longevity of these things waaaaaaaaay better than anyone else including TPTB.

As for ABC’s announcements and press releases I’m actually shocked we’re getting so much information so soon. They usually like to draw things out and wait until all the other networks have made their announcements before making theirs. I remember years past not getting this much information until June!

• lame says:

I think ABC finds it necessary to divulge more information than usual because the slide in rating was so dramatic and openly discussed. It’s the studio getting ahead of the of the discussion trying to minimize any damage.

• grys03 says:

So right about how the ep felt like a series finale (hopefully not!). Especially with the round table chat & good wishes all round.
      For me, a couple of things are still not right with the show:
      Esposito’s constant bagging of Castle’s theories & suggestions after 7 seasons of helping solve crime;
      Espo & Lanie’s will/they won’t they (although neither have had much show time lately);

Found Tory’s presence at the table a bit strange as well.

• hud says:

Prior to Castle she was a bit part in 2 movies. One she was a lesbian, Bond window dressing with Daniel Craig. She owes everything she has to her exposure on Castle. She is good I admit. Good at milking it also. Will she sign a contract, won’t she. This is her moment, to old for movies, typecast into TV roll. Own it.

• Mary says:

Too old for movies??? Are you nuts?! She’s gorgeous and could be in any film she desired. Same with Nathan. These two are money in the bank for any producer. I’d go see anything either of them did. I’m grateful there’s another season of Castle. They could keep it going for 15 years if they wanted and I’d still be watching. So many stories yet to tell.

2. kmw says:

Good news for Castle fans. The show wouldn’t have been the same without her

• dman6015 says:

There wouldn’t have been a show without her. Sure, they would have tried, but most fans would have bailed if she didn’t return.

• JPNS says:

I doubt ‘most fans’ would have bailed : on the contrary, those in my circle were looking at all that might unfold in Season 8 without her … there’s always the other side of the coin.

• adm1406 says:

She’s by far the biggest reason I watch: all my favourite episodes are the dramatic, intense ones about her. I think NF is an overacting, unfunny jerk but I tolerate him (or did for most, not all, episodes before season 7 when he became the sole focus) because the rest of the cast are so talented. I’d watch Beckett without Castle, but Castle without Beckett? No chance whatsoever!

• R says:

Of course there are always two sides to a coin, but one would have to look at how popular each side of the coin is. Of course no one can know for certain the exact affects Stana leaving would have had, but you, and anybody else, are being completely naive if you believe the show could have survived without Stana.
          I understand there are people, especially lately, who are doing everything they can to marginalize Stana’s impact on the show; however, all it really does is highlight a lack of understanding of why Castle is successful.
          Of course there would still be people who would watch the show without Stana, but the ratings would be so poor it would be heading straight for cancellation.

• Just one thing says:

Yes. You just have to look at Facebook comments on various outlets’ posts – not to mention Twitter – to see how well-regarded the actor and her character are. A quick glance is all it takes.

• R says:

To JOT: At this point you have to believe people are just being intentional obtuse with such comments.

• suzyku says:

Totally disagree, the show is called “Castle” for a good reason, Nathan Fillion! Show could go on without her!

• R says:

The argument, “the show is called Castle!” becomes lamer and more disingenuous every time someone spouts that nonsense. Your argument takes zero critical thinking skills and is just scraping the bottom of the barrel for the lowest hanging fruit.

• Georgia Madman says:

Don’t feed the trolls. It’s useless and only inflates their sense of importance. A Castle fan would just be enjoying last night’s episode and today’s news.

• Mary says:

Exactly!:) There are a few (very, very few t.g.) comments I was going to answer, but decided not bother myself!:):)

• cece says:

DON’T THINK SO THE SHOW IS ABOUT A WRITER AND HIS MUSE NOT JUST A WRITER AND THEY ALL MAKE THE SHOW EACH ACTOR ON THIS SHOW ARE VERY TALENTED!!

• lkh says:

There is indeed a main character named Rick Castle and the actor who plays this part is indeed Nathan Fillion. However, the point that may be missed here, by you and others, is that the term ‘Castle’ has indeed become a separate entity, that it is separately identified to be the entirety of the series, played by many actors. It’s sorta like saying Kleenex..

• She IS the show!! But the two together make it work!

3. Sarah says:

FINALLY!! Glad to know we’ve got our two leads back for next year. Sounds like it will probably be the last season, with them both only signing 1 year deals. I also would not be surprised if it is a shortened season, maybe a 13 episode final season to wrap everything up? Either way, glad Stana is on-board, I could not imagine the show without Beckett.

• S. says:

It’s not a shortened season (at least not based on the info we have right now). They’d have made that announcement and declared it a final season because that’d be super obvious.. It got renewed full stop. Renewing one year at a time isn’t unusual at this point in a show’s life. Networks and stars wants options and leverage. Nathan and Stana know if ABC wants more, the price would go up. Why sign on for less than their worth when you don’t even know if you’d wanna stick around another year (depending on the stories available). Speaking of which. they’re probably nearing the end but we’ll see. We’ve got some sort of weird musical showrunner thing going on here. First some guy that vanishes as soon as we hear about him, then Terence Paul Winter. Now TPW and Alexi Hawley together—I love that we’ll have them. They’re “family” as far as the fandom is concerned. We’re on good hands. Good luck to Andrew and Terri.

4. Liz says:

ABC couldn’t let her go, they knew how bad the things were going to be without Beckett on board.

5. K says:

Great news for Castle fans.

6. Lysh says:

I’m guessing it might be the last season next season. I’m happy she signed on! Kate is such an amazing woman and it wouldn’t be the same without Stana.

7. Mr. Tran K says:

Thank goodness. Very happy to see Stana Katic back for another season of Castle. Last night’s season finale was the best in my opinion. Can’t wait to find out what’s next for Caskett in Season 8.

8. Huskygrl says:

Yay! Now I’ll at least have one ABC show to watch (since the idiots didn’t renew Forever and Shonda’s soaps make me ill)! I love the show, but can not imagine it without BOTH of it’s wonderful leading actors!

• Georgia Madman says:

Agree on all counts! Missing Forever already.

• CastleBuzz says:

Me, too.

• Lizo says:

Miss Forever so much. But nope, Shonda is amazing. Scandal & Murder are easily two of the most compelling shows on tv right now.

• CastleBuzz says:

I’ve tried every Shonda show except Grey’s (can’t remember how I missed it) and never can get past a couple of episodes. Yes, production value is high, acting very good, plotlines compelling, but for me it comes down to characters. Do I like them as people? Can I admire them? Do I want to spend a hour a week with them? The answer is always no. Scandal? Everyone’s corrupt. I can watch the news for that. Murder? Keating should be disbarred and convicted. I guess I like my heroes to be heroic as in Castle.

• De says:

I do not want to c the writing go toward senator Beckett, I want it to stay ” We speck for the dead” Get the fun ,banter, dumb crazy theories, eye rolling, the boys doing pranks, getting caught doing them…..

• Christina Feigner says:

I am very glad that Castle has been renewed for Season 8. Since reading that Forever was not renewed, is there a reason for it not being renewed again?

9. JJM says:

Damn. And here I was actually looking forward to a good season.

• Just one thing says:

Time to dust off that old Firefly DVD boxset, I guess.

• Georgia Madman says:

It never gets dusty. Watch “Out of Gas,” perhaps the best hour of TV ever.

• carbono says:

Yes. Out of Gas is a great episode of Firefly! But the great news here is that Stana’s back & hopefully the whole cast will be back for at least 1 more season of Castle! Damn happy she’s signed!

• Mary says:

Well, NOW I am too!:)

• R says:

When it comes to trolling for responses, you hate to see an effort this poor. Maybe next time buddy.

• Just one thing says:

Hey, R! What do you think of the full-season order, plus Paul Lee’s desire to see Castle on the air for many more years?

• R says:

Despite no official announcement, it is hard to imagine Castle not receiving a full season order after reading Paul Lee’s comments. However, it seems highly likely that Stana and Nathan will be done with the show after Season 8. If they really wanted to continue on for multiple seasons it is likely it would have been ironed out in this round of contract negotiations.
          There is something to be said for being able to negotiate a potentially higher salary every year, but I doubt either Stana or Nathan find the stress and pressure put on them to sign is worth a marginal pay increase.
          ABC doesn’t have a strong lineup of dramas, and Castle has always been a steady performer for them. Paul Lee’s comments come off as wishful thinking more than anything. He saw the ratings last night. Despite a moderate demo rating of 1.4, Castle was still the fourth highest rated show across all networks.
          Speaking of ratings, Castle saw a 36% decline in its ratings from the Season 6 finale to last nights finale. That is… not good. If Castle saw a ratings decline even half of what they saw this year then it would likely be cancelled.
          I have certainly been wrong before (ABC willing to do a Season 8 without Stana ring a bell), but I would be shocked if there was a Season 9. Frankly, it doesn’t seem to be in anybody’s interest at the moment. Things do change on a whim in showbizz though.

• Just one thing says:

I honestly don’t know what to think… this time last year a Season 8 seemed improbable. But Castle still outperformed other shows on the network, securing its expensive renewal. Plus, I honestly thought Fillion and Katic were done.
            As others have said, I guess it just makes good business sense to do one final year, with new salaries in place to increase their asking prices at the next gig. They both seem to dig the various people they work with, and they get to remain in Disney’s good graces.
            I really can’t see a Season 9 at this point, but who knows? My vote has always been to make Castle an event series in the summer one day. Maybe that’s still possible.
            I do find it interesting that Katic’s public statement subtly clarifies why negotiations were protracted on her end.

• R says:

To JOT: Katic’s statement was interesting, but totally in her nature imo. No one would be gullible enough to believe her comments were the sole, or even main reason she re-signed, but she has nonetheless always been consistent in her message. She cares about the story and what the future holds for her character. Some may call her pretentious or disingenuous; however, I believe she’s always displayed class, eloquence, and intelligence when discussing Castle and her motives for acting.

• Just one thing says:

She seems to really do her own thing, in her own way. But yes, it’s been classy and with care for her colleagues and the show’s fans. Even her message on FB and Twitter was a bit less conventional than providing it to ABC for their release.
            Looking back, I think she telegraphed Amann, Marlowe and Miller’s departure more than anything in her Instagram goodbyes. By nature of a truly new regime, it’s entirely possible that some of the crew will move on – not because they’re not welcome, but because of the year-to-year budget cuts Castle has endured for a while now.
            It would be interesting to know how much of this season’s shortcomings were really up to Amann. It kinda seems like he was the fall guy in all this, set up with not 100% control from the beginning.

• De says:

The budget cuts on Castle, the “Stars” do not need $500 + per episode especially if the “art” is more important then the “finance” It to me does not have the ” fun ” that it used to have…

• Just one thing says:

I doubt either one of them is making anywhere near $500k per episode. At least one of them is likely making less than half that.

10. Just one thing says:

Good for her. For the sake of career longevity, I’m assuming it’s a good idea to play well with the Mouse House.
    Either way, hoping for a 13 – episode final season. The likes of Winter and Hawley could really up the ante and make a serialized, tightly – woven story arc, or two, if ABC lets them. I’m hoping they also suppress the silliness next year.

• John NYC says:

A shortened final season would be okay: but this next season (8) being the final one wouldn’t as I LIKE the show.

• Just one thing says:

I like the show. But I really like what the show was in the distant past and what it COULD be in the future. Have always preferred serious, character – driven Castle episodes, with smart humor.
        For the most part, Winter and Hawley have delivered that, with their collective strength being drama. I’m definitely gonna give S8 a shot.

11. Deanna Mac Dougall sc says:

Thank God! This is the best show on TV and I am excited the show is coming back. The last two episode’s have be wonderful and I just love everyone in this cast. Great ting and wonderful dialogue. I love Ryan and Espo. Their banter back and forth is priceless. And what can I say about Castle and Kate I just love the two of them and their chemistry is the best I’ve seen on TV. Great twosome!

12. M. says:

So very happy!

But stating that it’s only a contract -renewal for a year makes me believe that season 8 will actually be Castle’s last.

I hope I can get used to this thougt throughout the season :/

13. c-mo says:

C’mon TPTB, no Sen. Beckett so you ink deals with Seamus and Jon!!!!!

• Georgia Madman says:

With the two leads signed up, Seamus and Jon should be signed up momentarily. No reason to sign them up until the two leads were on board.

• Patrick says:

Yeah. They can be had for relative bargains. They have less bargaining power due to them not be THAT necessary to the show’s success, at least compared to the leads. I love them, but the show could continue without them. Plus, they have no way to get jobs this good. Still, they are about to make huge money themselves, and good for them.

14. D says:

Yay!! See you in the fall Beckett (and Stana!!) I feel like season 8 will be their last season, and my only wish is that they wrap it up nicely. Milmar did a nice job of writing the latest finale, and it’s the most connected Castle and Beckett has been all season, because the two felt like they were apart despite having gotten married! So here’s to hoping that s8 would give them the send-off they deserve!

Anyways I’m excited! (especially with Beckett’s storyline) Is it just 13 episode season or a full one?

15. Even on the most difficult of days there is the possibility of great JOY> Thank you Stana. nita

16. Mary says:

Great news, because last night´s great season finale wasn´t series finale for me after all (as it would have been should Stana not come back)!:)
    And I´m ok with it being 1 season deal, and if s8 ends up being the last one I´ll be ok too – as long as they can wrappe the show in as a good way as it was last episode:):)

17. John NYC says:

Welcome news.

18. Janice W says:

I am so thankful that Stana finally signed! This show is soooooo good and wouldn’t be the same without her. The entire cast is great together! The show needs every one of them! Stana and Nathan do have a wonderful chemistry in acting out the scenes! “CASTLE” we LOVE you!!!!!!! Last night’s season finale was so good. It left so many possibilities for stories. If she ran for senator of NY, maybe that would make the story in “Time Will Tell” a possibility. She would be a senator, Castle would begin writing something other than mystery novels, and they would have THREE children. Sounds like fun!

19. carbono says:

Darn good news! The show just wouldn’t be the same without her.

20. Barry says:

After watching last night (7×23), there was never a doubt in my mind that she was coming back for Season 8.

And here’s what I think we’ll see for a portion of Season 8 — the return of Bracken, from jail, messing with her chances to become a State Senator. It probably will involve him putting a “hit” out on her as well via one or more of his piece-of-crap underworld contacts.

I doubt that there will be a Season 9 — but only time will tell.

• Georgia Madman says:

Please God, no more Bracken! I’d rather they put 3XK in the Lazarus Pit before Bracken again.

• SO says:

Have seen hints before about Bracken coming back into story line. After finale last night, “Time Will Tell” episode may be starting to be true. Senator Beckett, 3 kids & Castle doing serious writing. That would take more than one season! Never say never. Who knows?

• adm1406 says:

Maybe she has triplets.

• Mary says:

I´ve seen hints about Bracken too – and I´d like that very much! For starters, the serious and dramatic episodes have always been my favs (I think that´s when N/S bring their A game in terms of acting)!
        And honestly, a guy like Bracken sure has some people willing, or owing, to do him favours, as in take Beckett out of his way. And I´d love to see his trial:)

• CastleBuzz says:

Mary, I’m with you on wanting to see Bracken’s trial or at least a clearer picture of how extensive his network was through plea bargaining or whatever. Not sure, though, that I want to go down the path of putting Beckett in his crosshairs again.

21. Heather says:

Halleluiah!!!

22. TicaTica says:

YESSS!!!

23. Kate Garner says:

Praise be! I just, literally, breathed a sigh of relief. Love this show!

24. jon says:

More castle ,please. Many more seasons. thank you.

25. What a great relief….. Thank You, Stana for Season 8 forthcoming !!! Will still watch CASTLE
    Because of YOU. My loyalties as a fan is to you first & foremost and will remain as such……..
    Follow your career /endeavors and wishing you continued success & happiness come what
    may. More power to you!

26. Teri says:

Stana makes Castle for me. I love her acting talents. This show has so much more story to tell and I will love and support it until the wheels fall off. Best show I have ever watched.

27. CastleBuzz says:

Fantastic news about Stana! Hope she got what she wanted in her negotiations. After last night’s performance, she deserves it all! ………………………. Bittersweet news about Andrew Marlowe and Terri Edda Miller. They gave us the show and characters that have given us so much enjoyment and entertainment for seven years. There were some bumps in the road one can quibble about, but overall it’s been a great ride. Wishing them the best in the future.

28. Yes, this is a good day for Castle fans. I’m very happy to hear this.

29. Gloria C says:

YESSSSS!!!!!!!!! Even if it is going to be the finale season.. Great News:)))

30. Cassie says:

I’m so happy that Stana Katic will be back. There’s no Castle without its Queen!!

31. You know… The season finale would’ve been so good as a Series finale, that I have bd feeling people will regret tht it ws renewed, specially with the professional shift for Beckett.

32. joepetitjean80 says:

Thank god the show would never be the same without Stana Katic she a great actress and her and Molly Quinn have fantastic chemistry

33. Ethel Green says:

This is the best news ever. Stana Katic in an intricate part of Castle and the show would not have been the same without her. Why try & fix what’s not broken. A Thousand Hand Claps!

34. geordie boy jimbo says:

WOR STANA IS COMING BACK TO CASTLE whey aye man! get in there i am one very very very happy geordie boy jimbo!!! (wor means our in the geordie slang)

35. Lizo says:

I didn’t have any doubt. Once Nathan signed, I knew she would too. His signing put pressure on them to give her whatever she wanted. Plus, she loves her fans.

36. Lizo says:

I’m okay if 8 is its last season. I’ll follow Nathan and Stana to wherever they go next.

37. Amanda says:

I assumed after Nathan Fillion signed, that Stana would be right behind. It is very hard to walk away from the level of TV celebrity status, rabid fans and all, not to mention the great money. I would love to see it continue, with parenthood, new careers, and a lot of what the guy from the future told them would happen.. would be fun, and my Monday nights would still be some of my favorite television.

38. So happy to hear this……..Love Castle, they are a great pair.

39. whatdwhat says:

I’m glad. The show would not make sense without her.

40. Craig says:

Have just seen a Twitter pic of the selfie of the Castle group. They were all too self-absorbed to notice that the Ms Quinn was cut out. I think the talented Molly Quinn should consider leaving Castle in her rear view mirror and never look back, considering the 5 second walk-on visits she has made this past season. Shame on you abc. Seriously doubt that Nathan Fillion realizes how good Molly Quinn made him look in the role of “father” when he tosses her a crumb of recognition. The “on-screen” chemistry was actually better between between Alexis and Castle was actually one of the best I’ve seen. Glad Castle writers cut out the love scenes because they were so choreographed. Seamus Dever is actually a very good character actor as shown when he played Fenton. The show could go on without Ms Katic and shame on her for opting for the bottom line. BTW, before you discount my words, I’m old and grew up in an environment where I learned to spot talent.

• R says:

Good lord, what on earth are you semi-coherently mumbling about?

• CastleBuzz says:

R, that cracked me up!

• tv fan says:

@R

ha ha ha ha

I have no idea what that guy was talking about either, he can spot talent……ummm….
        seems like they might not in all “fans” eyes. I like MQ parts on her time with Castle, still do she brought the drama out of the characters. As for saying that SK shouldn’t have signed.
        Every actor/actress on this show has that right to walk away if they wanted to now and have the right to sign if they wanted too. This show for me only works if the whole team is there-that’s what made it “special” for me. They all brought something to the table and are very talented (in their own ways). So I say bring on season 8 and then let’s see what happens!

41. Telo says:

While Paul Lee has said season 8 won’t be the last, I sure hope it is. Let the show go on a high note, not when it’s on it’s last breath. At least, they’re doing something right for season 8: re-signing Katic.

42. paula says:

As long as they sign before filming starts in July everything is good. Stana waited to see if Nathan would sign and the network would renew plus she was out of the country getting married. I’m betting on just one, maybe two, more seasons. Yes, Castle is a cash cow for the network in syndication but if the stars feel they’ve done all they can with the story then let it go (hear that Disney?). Not a huge fan of the whole Senator Beckett story line (I see that as something for Beckett’s career path after making captain, not before, maybe in about 10 years) but let’s see what the writers have in mind. Also if Bracken’s coming back maybe he doesn’t want her in his old job.

43. Isabella Céspedes says:

Oohhh thanks God!!!!!

44. SO says:

So glad Castle will be back. Just happened to think though, if there will be a Senator Beckett, how will all at Precinct 12 be worked into the show? Espo, Ryan, Gates,Lanie, Tori & others who have been in many episodes. But then, TPW will come up with something. He has done some really good ones in the past.

• tv fan says:

@so

I don’t know how that would work either…..um…..That’s why I thought that it might be a shortened season but that didn’t make sense either. Who knows what the guys have up their sleeves something’s going to change!

45. doris says:

This is excellent news. I love this show old or not. It’s a prototype show! It’s the best show on tv. Thanks to ABC, Nathan and Stana, cast, crew and writers for giving us a S8!

46. James D says:

Never really doubted they’d get the deal done. Castle wouldn’t survive otherwise.

47. Wonderful,awesome episode….Beckett and Castle were both on the mark supporting each other…..I am glad to read that Stana is back for one more year…

48. m3rcnate says:

Happy to hear it, here’s hoping this is the final season and they know it going in and can wrap everything up. Here’s hoping the show takes some fun twists and turns like flashing forward so the premier is Kate becoming a senator and finding out shes pregnant, and Rick working with a new detective (young, new, beautiful, like a young Kate Beckett) but by the finale he decides its not the same without her and decides to be a stay at-home dad while he works (writes) at home, or something like that.

49. Carolee says:

I am so glad she signed .I enjoy the show oh so very much.Yes last night season finale was like old times. It was fun to watch and I am glad they called on Michael Connelly to give the award.I do miss their poker games . I hope the two new people who is taking over will go back and keep the amicable fun of watching the whole team participate together.The two, Nathan and Stana make great couple.