Fall TV Preview

Fall TV: Watch Trailers for ABC's Muppets, The Catch, Uncle Buck & More

Fall New TV Shows

Along with announcing its fall 2015 schedule, ABC on Tuesday unveiled sneak peeks of its new shows, including The Muppets‘ return to primetime, Shondaland thriller The Catchanthology series Wicked City, the Joan Allen-Zach Gilford drama The Family and the comedy Uncle Buck.

Watch the trailers in their entirety below:

The Catch (Midseason)

Dr. Ken (Fridays, 8:30/7:30c)

The Family (Midseason)

The Muppets (Tuesdays, 8/7c)

Of Kings and Prophets (Sundays, 10/9c)

Oil (FKA Boom) (Sundays, 9/8c)

Quantico (Tuesdays, 10/9c)

The Real O’Neals (Midseason)

Uncle Buck (Midseason)

Wicked City (Midseason)

Your thoughts on ABC’s fresh fare? Drop ’em in the comments section below.

1. mike says:

dude so not cool for making available in canada

2. Holly says:

I already don’t like the main character in Quantico and I haven’t even watched it yet.

3. Ray says:

Is it just me or are the videos playing really choppily?

• Matt C. says:

It’s not just you. They seem to be lagging. Even when I played them on YouTube it was like that. I couldn’t even catch some of the dialogue in The Catch trailer because of it.

• Alex Mindev says:

No they’re extremely choppy. THat being said none of those shows interest me. I’ll be taking a pass.

• Rebecca says:

I couldn’t finish watching any of these trailers b/c they’re so choppy. I don’t have a whole lot of faith in ABC anymore really. Seeing as how they still have OUAT on air…. I really only will watch Agent Carter on ABC but that’s about it.

4. You can find the Muppet video on their Twitter account.

5. Tom says:

Haven’t had a chance to watch the Muppet one yet, but read a synopsis. I always thought a revival of the classic Muppet Show would work. There are a million talk and entertainment shows on that people watch. People like live entertainment (minus the Muppets themselves, hehe).

6. John Davis says:

This video is not available in your country due to blah blah blah

7. Mary says:

This video is not available in your country due to :( I did not know I lived in Narnia WTF!!! iI watch the trailer for The Catch on twitter and look great! the only new series I gonna watch

8. Cat says:

Both women in The Catch have super irritating baby voices. Pass.

• Regina says:

I think that’s actually the video quality. In every one of these trailers, at least for me, all the voices sound super high pitched.

9. Raghib says:

YESS! Excited for Quantico for Priyanka Chopra. For those of you who don’t know she’s a BIG TIME actress in Bollywood.

• meatwad says:

Gonna have to look her up. First thought was she’s gorgeous and second it looks like she can carry this show as a lead

10. herman1959 says:

YES – The Catch, The Muppets, and The Family (but Rupert Graves, as much as I love him, needs to work on his American accent).

NO – Uncle Buck and Wicked City are both too offensive for different reasons.

11. The promos are awesome
    Defenitely watching :
    Uncle Buck
    Quantico
    The Real Oneils
    Wicked City
    i’ll try Oil , it reminded of Justified’s accent.
    Maybe The Catch and The Family as well

12. Mr. Tran K says:

My ABC trailer rankings: 1. The Muppets 2. Dr. Ken 3. The Catch 4. Uncle Buck 5. The Real O’Neals 6. Quantico (bit of Homeland with young recruits) 7. Oil (Dallas rip-off) 8. Of Kings and Prophets (Game of Thrones rip-off) 9. The Family (the ending was twisted) 10. Wicked City

13. Anon says:

Those were some wrong sounding Muppets.

Quantico is about the only one that interests me here.

14. A says:

The Family and Quantico are the only ones I’m interested in. I might give Wicked City a try.

15. Allen says:

Only wicked city looks good. The rest just look like they’re trying too hard

16. Dan says:

omg The Muppets looks like joyous fun!! I laughed out loud several times. So cute! Yay Ms. Piggy!!!

17. Dan says:

Quantico looks amazing!!!!!! Will def watch

18. vaneileana says:

They cancelled Forever and Cristela for this crap? Unreal.

19. Dan says:

Oil looks great

and

The Catch looks TERRIFIC!

But please, someone fix all those videos, they are choppy for me too! both on comp. and phone

20. James D says:

well it’s a good thing Castle, AOS, Agent Carter, OUAT are coming back because with the exception of Dr Ken and maybe The Catch these look awful. sorry but none even slightly interest me.

• Rebecca says:

I don’t even watch OUAT anymore….. The only thing on ABC I’ll be watching this next year is going to be Agent Carter. Everything else will be CBS or Fox. And CW if they pick up Constantine.

21. jess says:

I’ll probably watch Quantico, which is the most interesting sounding one to me. The Family looks like it could be good, but it also feels like it will be predictable while it tries to not be. The Catch sounds like it would make for a better movie and I can’t see it lasting more than a season. Dr Ken looks bad and offensive, Wicked City looks alright, The Real O’Neals looks ok but I don’t have high hopes for it at all, and Uncle Buck and Oil look good enough to at least check out the pilots.

22. Liz says:

I was kinda hoping Quantico would be more about what goes on in Quantico and following a group as they become agents. Sort of like a different kind of greys anatomy. Not sure about the conspiracy angle, but ill still give it a try. Oil actually looked fun, but ABC really needs to work on their titles…Boom was actually better and I originally thought that was bad.

23. Sarah says:

When I try to play them, most say, “This video is private” and won’t play. What’s going on?

24. Hipper says:

dr. ken doesn’t look as bad as i thought it would (i had basement low expectations), maybe it’s because they didn’t have the actors act in accents. ::cough::freshofftheboat::

25. CK says:

Just watched The Catch trailer and immediately was disappointed… that I would have to wait until midseason to see it. I’m loved Enos in “The Killing” and I’m a big fan of Rhimes and her production company.

26. pamill says:

I will definitely check out The Catch, The Family and Quantico, and though all three have potential to live long happy lives, I feel like they would be better off as limited (one season) engagements. As much as I appreciated the four season runs of shows like Revenge, Prison Break, Heroes, part of me always wondered that shows like those aren’t supposed to run for four years and I was set up for disappointment because the stories were simply not enough for anything more than spectacular first seasons. Oh, well.

I was ready to write off The Real O’Neals because of similarities to the rather disappointing The McCarthys but then I realised this is ABC and they sure know how to make funny family half hour comedies (Modern Family, The Goldbergs, black-ish, Fresh Off The Boat, Suburgatory, The Middle), so I will watch the pilot, it may just work as well as those six do.

27. Dan says:

they fixed the videos thank god u guyz lol

28. Billy Ray says:

let me guess, the kid in the irish show is gay

29. mika02 says:

Only shows I won’t check out are Kings and Prophets and Wicked city they look bad. They should have paired Oil with Nashville.

30. Milloe says:

I really like the look of The Family, wow, this could be a very ingenious show if done right and not with ludicrous twists and tales every few episodes like Revenge. It’s a shame it’s being held to midseason. :(

31. m3rcnate says:

The Catch: Looks like a Gone Girl rip off. I’m happy that it had the twist about a conman and all that but still, it seems to be a Lifetime movie made for women but on ABC. That’s fine, but not my cup of tea. I could see it becoming a hit (relative) and staying on for a few seasons. It’s a Shonda Rhimes show (aka a soap opera full of cheating and melodrama converted for primetime) so it will get at least 2 seasons.
    Dr. Ken: Eh, just seems like another sitcom. Doesn’t have anything unique or very funny unlike “Fresh Off the Boat” did/does.
    The Family: I could see it becoming a hit but its not my cup of tea. Again, a ton of cheating, a ton of melodrama, etc. Unhappy marriage (not fun to watch), a wife doing the typical politician stuff (“i do all this for my family” etc). If i hate seeing politicians and cheaters on the News why would i want to watch a show about them?
    Of Kings and Prophets: Another bible show. Nothing wrong with that per-se except the budget. It all looks so fake when compared to high quality period shows like Game Of Thrones and Vikings. K&P looks like its shot in LA in a desert having built sets really fast, the clothing looks typical of a medium budget. If you are gonna into a period drama, go all out like Vikings did. They shoot in Ireland, real locations, real huts and what not getting built, their wardrobe is top notch and looks 100% real. This show could hit the bible belt lotto like previous Biblical shows have before and get good ratings.
    Oil: Just seems like a Dallas rip off. I would have MUTCH preferred a modern take on the “young couple get rich in a world of very rich people”, which IMO would be in Silicon Valley. Have the two leads be a couple who designed an app, and move to Silicon Valley and the app blows up big like Instagram did and then become instant billionaires. THAT is a show I’d watch.
    Quantico: It looks good. It’s a fairly fresh take (no show has been about Quantico before) and seems to have a decent mystery over-arc story. I will give it a shot. I like that it’s a female lead, and its cool she is Indian (not some blonde white chick or something) that will help freshen the show up a bit. Overall it still holds true that this premise/story would be SOOO much better on Cable or Netflix. The melodrama and sex while wearing clothes etc could all be removed and the show shot for adults like it is supposed to be.
    The Real O’Neals: Just…no.
    Uncle Buck: I dont know. I’m not really the demo, it did make me laugh a few times and smile but even if it was guaranteed to be on for 3 seasons i don’t think i’d watch it.
    Wicked City: Another LA show? Another time period piece? Meh. Another serial killer show? How does it compare to say…Dexter? Oh it is like a D compared to the A that Dexter was? Yeah, not watching it. My prediction is it doesn’t make it past its first season.

• Y says:

Of Kings and Prophets was shot on location in South Africa.

• m3rcnate says:

Interesting, it sure doesn’t look like it. When you watch GOT or Vikings you instantly know they are shooting on location and their sets (buildings, homes, boats, etc) and wardrobe (hair, makeup, clothing) are absolutely top notch. Of Kings and Prophets looks like the typical network TV wardrobe and typical sets, aka low to medium low quality.

32. mike says:

The Muppets that really is the only thing.

33. meatwad says:

Definitely:

Of Kings and Prophets
    Oil
    Quantico
    Uncle Buck

Maybe:

Wicked City

34. Jimmy says:

Turns out I was missing having the Muppets on television. Clip, at least, looks fun.

35. Max says:

ABC already lost the season 2015-’16 with those shows. So sad

36. mike says:

For anyone wondering that is Seinabo Sey music in Oil

37. Pati says:

Yes abc you did good. Chuck Bass is back 😁 but I don’t see how that can be a show with many seasons, oil looks good, it’s the new Dallas but the title is pretty stupid. Quantico looks good, the lead is gorgeous the catch looks so so good and sexy can’t wait, The family looks so creepy and prophets and kings is right up my alley. Awesome line up

38. Erica says:

None of these good. I want Forever returned to the lineup ABC

39. Keith says:

Uncle Buck???? Really? Why????? Epps is doing this garbage by rote. TERRIBLE. Cancel before it airs.

40. KS says:

The Catch definitely looks good. I’m just now realizing that Mireille Enos and Ellen Pompeo kind of have a similar look. She totally could’ve played a young Ellis Grey on Grey’s Anatomy.

41. Annie says:

It will be interesting to see if ABC’s high concept dramas draw in better ratings and more viewers than Fox’s cookie cutter prodedurals. The ABC dramas seem to have women in pivotal roles, and whose actions advance the plot, which is a good thing, and a far cry from the Fox shows. On the other hand, the ABC shows look like they will be more serialized, so they demand viewers full attention, and weekly viewing in order to keep up with what’s happening.

42. Joey Padron says:

the excited for The Muppets show. trailers for The Catch, Oil, The Real O’Neals, and Wicked City looks good.

43. Angela says:

chuck bass is back!!.. loved him in Gossip Girl, will definitely be watching this!

44. Lexy says:

The Catch has such a dissapointing trailer :( I was really looking forward to it, but I just don’t want to watch yet another Shonda show with a toxic relationship at its core.
    Quantico – while I am glad the lead is an Indian actress, this show looks extremely cliche and I doubt I’ll check it out.
    Oil – Will try it, don’t think I’ll enjoy it. Chace Crawford can’t lead a show in my opinion.
    Wicked City – Definitely checking this one out! I miss Dexter, if this is half as compelling I’ll like it.
    Of Kings and Prophets – Bible shows are not for me.
    The Family – The premise is not that great and we have seen it a billion times these last few years, but I’ll try it for sure, I just can’t help but watch mystery shows.
    I’m not the target demo for Uncle Buck, Dr Ken and The Real O’Neals, seeing as how they’re all family shows and I’m in my early 20s, but if they turn out good-why not?
    Good for ABC tho, lot of diversity for them lately, thumbs up for that.

45. Broadwayfan says:

I’m so glad to see all the Muppets again! The format will take some getting used to. I hope it works. I’ve missed those characters. They were some ingenious creations. I still laugh if the Swedish Chef opens his mouth. I bought DVDs of seasons of the old show.

46. Wicked City looks awesome!

47. Rich says:

what is with the videos all being “private”