Girl Meets World Stars Preview Angela, Eric and More Epic Returns in Season 2

Girl Meets World Season 2

Less than two months after wrapping its freshman season, Disney Channel’s Girl Meets World is already back for Round 2 on Monday (8:30/7:30c) with a week of new episodes that force Cory and the gang to confront their pasts — including their past mistakes.

Stars Ben Savage and Rowan Blanchard recently stopped by TVLine to give us the scoop on Season 2, including which Boy Meets World reunion gave one of them “goosebumps.”

FEENY | “He has a great role in the premiere, and in ‘Girl Meets Pluto,'” teases Blanchard. “We go back to Pennsylvania and Riley and I do the Feeny call! It was so intimidating. You don’t want to mess that up, so Michael [Jacobs] would show us clips of Will [Friedle] doing it, then we would try to mimic him. Obviously we’re not as good as he was, but we tried.”

Obviously, we had to find out for ourselves how good Blanchard is at Eric’s iconic Feeny call. What say you, readers? Is she a natural?

ERIC | When Cory’s older brother returns in “Girl Meets Mr. Squirrels,” Blanchard says we should expect nuggets of “wisdom” from his famed alter ego. We shouldn’t, however, expect to find out whether or not Plays With Squirrels remained married to that moose with whom he allegedly swapped vows. “I don’t know if we address that,” Savage admits. “Maybe he’s still with the moose. Eric is a character where, really, anything goes.” Adds Blanchard, less hopefully, “Or maybe they went their separate ways.”

MR. TURNER | When we last saw Anthony Tyler Quinn’s character in 1997, he’d been pretty banged up, but you’ll happy to know he’s made a full recovery. “We do address that,” Savage says of Mr. Turner’s accident. “He has not been in a coma all these years; he’s been very active in our lives, so yes, he recovered miraculously.” (Mr. Turner returns in “Girl Meets New Teacher.”)

ANGELA | “This is one of the strongest episodes we’ve ever done,” Savage says of “Girl Meets Hurricane,” in which Shawn’s ex-girlfriend re-enters the fold. “We tie up a lot of loose ends.” Adds Blanchard, “We call it a ‘hurricane’ because it’s all these characters thrown into a situation where they have to come to terms with what’s happened in the past.”

CHET | Yes, Shawn’s late father makes an appearance on Girl Meets World this season, but no, he didn’t make a miraculous Mr. Turner-style recovery. “He comes back as more of a vision,” Blanchard explains. “There’s a specific scene where Shawn realizes it’s OK to be positive and he has a vision of Chet.” Adds Savage, “Blake Clark’s voice is so raspy. When we filmed that scene, I had a surreal moment where I was transported back to 1995. I got goosebumps.”

GMW fans, which characters from the original series are you most excited to see? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Ralph says:

Can. Not. Wait!

2. Joey Padron says:

Good preview about new season. Can’t wait to watch season premiere tonight!

3. Les cartes visa sont un moyen de payement en
    vous permettant de faire des achats sur internet, dans les magasins où la
    carte visa sont acceptées. En utilisant une carte bancaire dee type visa card
    en Algérie comme celle qu’on propose, vous pouvez recharger la carte plus facilement quue les Mastercard, avec tout cela, vous
    avez la possibilité d’accepter l’argent Paypal, skrill et bien d’autres
    ce qui est impossible avec les Mastercard.Il est possible d’utiliser cette carte viza pour régler en ligne en utilisant les
    numéros présents à la surface de la carte vvisa et les trois chiffres présents
    au dos de la carte.

4. Ta metoda wymaga wiedzy specjalistycznej, więc zawsze jest lepiej wynająć lub wypożyczyć urządzenie do czyszczenia dywanów z wykształcenia zawodowego.

5. Television Watcher says:

Reblogged this on The Television Watcher.

6. The Watcher says:

Never did I think at 32 I’d consider a Disney Channel show Must-See Programming… How Life can surprise you.

PS – Bring back Kim Possible.

7. GraceM says:

A trip down memory lane in season 2.

8. caliblue24 says:

Good try but no one can’t top Will in the Feeny call.

9. shelbagene pige says:

I wonder if they will have Corey’s sister Morgan on at some point

10. Rose Tyler says:

I’ll be forever grateful if Shawn and Angela pick up where they left off. Otherwise, if we EVER see her militaristic father again, God knows what I’ll do.

11. Aileen says:

I can NOT WAIT!! LOVE ERIC, SHAWN AND FEENY!! Hope to see them all season & seasons!! Extremely happy they brought back!!

12. CreativeArtist91 says:

I want to see Shawn and Angela back together. I don’t like the fact that they’re making her look like the bad guy and on top of that. Why does she have a wedding ring on in the exclusive pick that was on Entertainment Tonight. If their story ends with me being mad. I’m just never going to see another episode of Girl Meets World!!!

• The Feeny Philly episode heavily implies that Shawn will end up with Maya’s mom. I don’t like it either, but if that was the case, I hope we get some closure with Shawn and Angela and I hope we find her incredibly happy. But I get you…it will be incredibly sad.

13. Vickie says:

What happened to the little sister?

14. rewrew1 says:

OK well nice effort on Rowan doing the feeny call We can’t expect her to be Will Friedle (Eric) only at 13 she’s gotta grown just like every other actor/actress and #2 not gonna give any spoilers I have seen the new episode Girl Meets Hurricane and it is what it is all I will say.

15. Karina says:

I love girl meets world it’s my life I don’t know what I would do with out it I don’t know if I could live without it I would probably die don’t end girl meets world not ever never ever ever not until I die no not until my children die no not until my grand children die no not until my great grand children die no not until my great great great children die that’s how much I love e this show it’s the the best show that’s ever existed in history of history it teaches you true life lessons about real life and reality I know that in real life the triangle can’t stay forever but I ish it could but I’m pretty happy with the outcome with the latest episode but I still Dont what a she don’t like or sweet sixteen or especially goodbye there growing up so fast it’s like they missed so many years it makes me so very sad I’ve never had a show effect me so much that it makes me want to cry and worries so much to the point were it changes my mood drastically and I mean drastically let it move to vac and live forever and never die and Disney you have a pretty messed up mind you shod let shows end when they want to end not just because it’s had four seasons let the fans decide and as far as I can see and I’ve seen pretty far we all never want it to end please don’t let it ever end I’m girl meets world biggest fan I’m obsessed with it I thought that other shows were my favorite but I was totally wrong I love this show more than anything in the entire world so I speak for everyone when I say don’t end it not ever please no myucas no markle no rarkle only sarkle and rucas that’s it oh and myosh know that’s it don’t let it end ever never ever ever we all love it to death 😊😀😀😂😃😄😅😆😍👫👭💑💙💚💜💓💕💖💗💝💞💟🌁🌃🌆🌇🚄🚅🗽🏢🏬🚞🚕🚖📚📔📒📑🚪🔔📓📕📖📰🔌📘📙🚹🚺🆓