Castle Finale Recap: Did Rick Get Closure? What Was Kate's Surprise?

Castle Finale Beckett Senator

The Castle Season 7 finale on Monday night resolved some unfinished business from Rick’s past while introducing a huge new question about Kate’s future.

When a woman, Emma, is fatally hit by a truck after being chased through the woods, the crosses carved onto her face evoke for Rick a formative moment from his childhood — especially when a description of the masked figure in black who was after Emma exactly matches the killer an 11-year-old Castle had the displeasure of coming across more than 30 years ago. “It was real,” adult Rick realizes, having never been able to make hay of what he witnessed back then, in Hollander’s Woods. (In fact, it was the fear of having the dark tragedy “feel real,” he explains, that kept him from ever sharing this experience with, among others, Kate.)

Turns out that Emma had been looking for her friend Zoey, who had gone missing and was last seen getting into a white sedan with the letters X and Z on the plate. Deducing that this killer has for god-knows-how-long targeted women who “won’t be missed,” Rick decides: “I need to end this.” The first lead brings them to Noah, a onetime mental patient who has been tending to his sick (as in: long-dead) mother. But no evidence links the loon to either Emma or Zoey.

Meanwhile, Beckett is mysteriously called on the carpet at One Police Plaza by Lance Reddick, who questions — more like scoffs at! — her ambition to make captain. Reddick recounts the many times over the years Beckett has crossed lines and run afoul or procedure to get the job done, questions her partnership with Rick and even casts aspersion at her inspiring the Nikki Heat character. Kate, though, doesn’t shrink away from the accusations, but instead turns heel and declares, “You’re wrong, sir,” maintaining that she has repeatedly brought killers to justice with nothing but respect for the law and her department. That she is proud to be Castle’s wife and inspiration. “I don’t cross the line — I put myself on it,” she trumpets.

And it turns out… she was just being Willy Wonka’d! Gruff Lance Reddick isn’t out to get her but “audition” her, to test her resolve, because he senses she wants a “bigger stage” for her talents — and he has one in mind, on the New York State Senate. Afterward, at the swings, Kate says to Rick, “I’m a cop, not a politician,” and frets that he, Martha et al “would all be fair game” if she ran for office. Besides, having aced her captain’s exam, she could have her own precinct by the time Season 8 is over. Whatever her decision, “I will back your play,” Rick makes clear.

Back to the COTW: Noah’s shrink, Dr. Holtzman, stirs something in Rick, who recognizes the voice from when he was 11. But that of course, all by itself, is “nothing to go on,” Kate notes, prompting a miffed Rick to remark, “I expect that from [Ryan and Espo], but not from you.”

Beckett apologizes, then digs up for Rick the location of some farmland that Holtzman inherited, not far from where Emma got run down. Arriving at the doc’s barn, Beckett stays back — being a cop without a warrant and all — while Rick snoops. Inside, he finds the car, the mask and Polaroids of the ritualistically carved women. He also finds the killer, Holtzman, who lunges at and pins down Rick, holding a knife to the writer’s throat. Holtzman begins to draw blood, Rick struggles to fend him off, all while Beckett is trapped outside. Rick then spies a gap under the barn door, juts his hand out, Kate hands him her gun and Rick whips it inside with him to put several bullets into the shrink’s belly.

The finale ends at a gala where Rick receives from peer Michael Connelly the Poe’s Pen Career Achievement Award. In his speech, Rick pays tribute to Martha and Alexis aka his “redheaded pillars of unconditional love,” the friends and “brothers in arms” at the 12th who “let me in,” and of course to wife Kate.

“This is because of you, because of us,” he says to her. “Always.”

What did you think of the Hollander’s Woods tale, and the choice now facing Kate?

1. Laura says:

Wonderful episode. Loved all the callbacks to the pilot. I thought it did a great job of being a very, very solid potential (but unnecessary, thank god) series finale while also setting up potential storylines for season 8. Well done indeed.

• Luli says:

Completely agree with you! So glad we can look forward to season 8! And yeaaah I agree those callbacks were amazing, and his speech to Beckett killedddd me! As a long time fan of the show I loved every single part of the episode.

• CastleBuzz says:

Absolutely agree. Despite a couple of minor flaws (why can’t these writers do simple math with respect to their characters’ ages?!), it was a well-written episode given the complications of the situation (is it or isn’t it The End), with terrific dialogue, and beautifully acted by both Stana and Nathan. Stana’s reaction to that inquisition had me ready to come to her defense with words as well as fisticuffs. The that pause as she starts to leave, the slow turn, and then the passion in her words, body language and face. Whoa! The fisticuffs became fist pumps! Nathan did a nice job with his acceptance speech. Good job all the way around.

• Jennifer says:

I agree with you 100%, I was ready to jumped through the TV they way that guy went after her. The look on her face said it all and then she turned to them both and said I’m proud to be Castle’s wife and inspiration. It shows how much those two really have grown as a couple.

• tv fan says:

@castlebuzz

that was one of the best scenes I’ve seen her do all season! way to go! I think that both have grown in their relationship as husband and wife. As for Castle’s speech that was great too. Now see these actors and writer can give us emotional loving moments if they try! Love this episode, want to see it again! Great job all over……that’s what I want to see from them. As for a season/series (when written) it was just perfect! did a great job pulling it together if it didn’t come back and left the doors open-there are plenty of doors open-for another season or more.

• John NYC says:

How’s the math an issue?

• CastleBuzz says:

The year when Rick was 11 is wrong. According to backstory, Rick Castle was born April 1, 1969 so he just turned 46, although in another version he’s just one year older than Nathan in real life, making RC 45. In any case, according to last night’s ep, he was 11 in February 1983, which would make him 42. No big deal. Just one of those things that makes you go Huh? ………………….. Another little jolt was the scene of New Hampshire woods in February. I live in New England. In Feb, there are no leaves on trees, people dress in warm parkas with hats and gloves, and typically a foot of snow on the ground. I know it’s hard to make California locations look like the Northeast in winter, but why not just say it was Columbus Day weekend?

• anonymous says:

I also live in New England and noticed that too it was weird and not well done at all.

• tv fan says:

@castlebuzz

it was no big deal but that was the 1st thing that I noticed, the date sorry-i think it was more cause i was born during that time-80’s and in Feb!. also it didn’t look like Feb weather to me. I enjoyed this episode any way. great job guys!

• cl woodall says:

from previous hints, I figure Rick to be 42, so the math works for me! great sh0w – great episode – YAY for season 8 – I couldn’t bear the thought of Monday nites (and TNT most every night) without my beloved Castle.

• tv fan says:

@cl woodall

I know what you mean, Monday nights are “castle time” for me, I don’t know what I’d do either! I’m glade I get one more year at least with them! Some of the other shows that are coming out, I don’t see lasting one season!

• Badpenny says:

Yeah. Definitely one of the best episodes of Season 7.

2. Teri says:

I found this episode to be stellar in so many ways. Many callbacks, the whole cast, and Caskett showing why they have the best love story on TV. Loved every minute of this Finale.

3. Bob says:

In season 6 episode 7 the guy from the future said that Beckett was married whit 3 kids and a senator. Married check,so senator Beckett now, when are the 3 kids coming.

• TVPeong says:

Right??? remember that episode. I keep expecting them to move Castle and Beckett in that direction. Castle has to start writing more serious stuff, and Kate has to go into politics.

• Mary says:

Well, the guy from the future said it was 20 years later, so plenty time to go there!:)

• Sparker says:

At the end of this episode everyone was toasting but if look closely at Beckett she puts the glass to her lips but never takes a sip. Hmmmmm

• Karen MT says:

I almost squealed at the hearing when they said they wanted her to be senator because of that. Great callback.

• tv fan says:

@bob

right but I think she will get pregnant 1st and then she decides that maybe she would not want to be in danger and didn’t he say about 20 years? I think it would be cool if she ran her own prescient 1st.

• april-ann says:

I’d watch just to see them in their new matching blazers – one with “Senator” on it and the other with “Writer”.

4. taran63 says:

That was a really good episode! Unless I’m forgetting one, that’s the first ever Castle season finale that didn’t end on a big cliffhanger. There’s the uncertainty about Kate’s future career, but that’s not immediate. I really liked this episode, and it felt like this could have been a good series finale, but I look forward to seeing where the show goes next season.

• Luli says:

I read that the reason the show didn’t end the season on a cliff hanger was because of the uncertainty of coming back. Thank god they are!

• Bluedogs says:

That has never stopped them before. This was the first season I can think of that we knew (or read) before the season was over that ABC “wanted” Castle to return. Clearly the contract issue was one of the problems for them. I believe Andrew Marlowe said the episode was very difficult to write because of the uncertainties.

5. Kate says:

Great episode! As long as Kate (Stana Katic) is around to make her decision next season, I’m good with whatever it is. They really need to get that bleeping contract figured out ASAP!!!!

6. Andrea says:

I loved this episode. Nathan Fillion knocked it out of the park with the story telling of what happened in the woods and with the speech at the end. And the way Castle and Beckett completely support each other is so wonderful. It’s a nice change to not have a huge cliffhanger, but still have questions left unanswered for next season. I must admit I hope they don’t go the political route, but I’m looking forward to season 8 either way!

• CastleBuzz says:

My guess, for what it’s worth, is that they’ll do the political route only if Stana does not return and only as a way to explain her absence. If she re-signs, I think they’ll keep her as lead detective and gradually work in a captaincy somehow.

7. The show’s premise would drastically change should Beckett run for senate but I think her taking over the role of Captain could keep with the heart of the show. In any form, the show can’t and won’t work unless it is Castle and Beckett together, married solving cases and navigating life together.

I can even buy Beckett going to a new precinct. I am not sold on need to have Esposito and Ryan in season eight.

But, a Castle series without Stana Katic is a series that is missing its heart and soul and would be a sad and shallow shell of what it used to be.

• John NYC says:

Staying a cop (for now within the show) keeps to the copshow premise that’s worked all these years.

Her running for office? Different and not in a good way, show.

• Sheila says:

I know it’s just TV and all, but the idea of her as a politician is utterly stupid. And it would change the whole show! I want to see crimes solved, not politics!

• Rebecca B says:

I am astounded that the issue of Stana Katic’s contract has yet to be resolved.

Katic has not publicly closed the door on her return for Season 8; I have to think that means there are terms on whose condition she would film one more season.

Nathan Fillion began the run the bigger star, but within the context of this show, they are equally important. Anything up to and including what he’s earning…give it to her.

• CastleBuzz says:

I agree completely. After this episode, give her the money, creative control, a shot at directing, whatever she wants, ABC. She was extraordinary!

• CastleBuzz says:

Stana’s back. Confirmed by Variety. YES!

• Rebecca B says:

I am ever-so-slightly embarrassed to admit how very happy this new development makes me. :)

Thanks for passing it along!

• CastleBuzz says:

Absolutely my pleasure to have done so. I’m thrilled and not the least bit embarrassed!

• Bluedogs says:

Don’t be embarrassed – you are likely one of many who feel the same way. I can offer no proof, but I can admit to being in the same frame of mind. (-:

• Jennifer says:

Very well said Denise. I agree with you on this. You can’t have Castle without Beckett. The show will not survive and I’m really hoping Stana does come back for season 8.

8. James D says:

I Loved it! so many wonderful moments even the very strange Lance Reddick scene, I was like how dare you talk to K-becks but she totally came back and ripped him a new one. Interesting possibilites for the future. the episode did feel like it had a lot of closure to it, was that because they didn’t know if it was going to get renewed? at any case it was really good stuff. Was I the only one who noticed Beckett not taking a sip of her Champagne. Hmm is their a baby Castle on the way?!

9. Castle Fan says:

For the love of everything good and wonderful – KEEP Beckett a cop. I really hope TPW and Hawley dump the Senator idea really fast for Beckett, unless a ruse of it brings about some conflict from Bracken & his bunch. Simon and his time-travelling garble doesn’t need to come true.
    Otherwise, I LOVED the ep – haha.

10. Leigh Townley says:

Great Episode! Glad it isn’t the last one but very solid way to end the season. It was a little sad, though, because you could tell it was written as a possible series finale and had that undertone but season 8 with all the changes (and hopefully the whole cast) is only 4 months away so I am interested to see what happens next!

11. Mikazuki says:

This episode was so wonderful, it absolutely left me breathless! Second one to do that this season actually. (“Reckoning” being the first.) The character performances were remarkable! Both Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic were outstanding, and each had scenes that made me want to stand up a applaud when they were through. And, of course, their scenes together were magic as always. I’m very much looking forward to the return of “Castle” in the fall. Though after this episode, the new show-runners will have a lot to live up to! Better get started now guys!

12. Loved the finale, thought it was great!
    Am I the only one who noticed Andrew and Terri at one of the table shots?
    Thought that was an awesome touch! :D

• DarkDefender says:

They were tweeting about that. I think a lot of the writers and crew were in those background shots at the awards ceremony.

• CastleBuzz says:

That table had all the writers at it plus the real mystery author, Michael Connelly. Behind them was a table full of the background detectives and police officers, including LT. Some of the crew were seated at other tables. It was clearly a way to acknowledge and honor them by putting them up on the screen. Very nice.

13. T says:

So so tending towards lousy. This is the best they could do to explain why Castle wanted to become a mystery writer? Beckett a politician? Seemed like the dude reading her the riot act about her past actions pretty clearly summed up how any potential opponent will go after her. It even summed up why she is not qualified to be captain. I think he forgot to mention her covering up the reason for Montgomery’s murder and his involvement in crime. Why is the police department screening her for a political position? I suppose there are no repercussions for either Castle or Beckett after killing the bad guy. They did not even need to explain anything to anyone, just go off to a party. Wouldn’t Castle’s breaking and entering at least raise a question? And Beckett, the cop, just happened to show up in time to help him. Good thing she did not look for another door into the barn. This was a poor ending to an even poorer season. Interesting that the post episode announcement was that “Castle” will be back solving new cases; not “Castle and Beckett” as in years past.

14. Emily says:

I’m not the only one who got a very Norman Bates/Psycho feel from Noah, right?

• Katrinka says:

No, you’re not the only one! I watched the terrific “Bates Motel” right after “Castle,” so I got a double dose of it. Not sure what I’ll be dreaming about tonight! ;-)

15. Jake L. says:

That was the best episode of the year by far.

16. TaMara says:

I felt like this was one of the best episodes of the season, and it would have worked as a series finale if that had been what happened. I hope this doesn’t mean we’re losing the precinct characters next year.

• TaMara says:

Oh and I forgot to add, how suspenseful the barn was when Castle shoved his hand under the door and yelled ‘Beckett’ and she handed him the gun. That was great. The whole episode was very stylish in tone, well directed.

• John NYC says:

From reports there are a couple of contracts yet to be signed so the episode allows for options. Options I hope are unnecessary.

17. If Kate does run for NY State Senate, it does seem like a good out for Stana Katic to comeback in a limited capacity, saying Kate is out of the city to campaign (i.e. explain her absence in some episodes). Of course, this would set up the challenge to focus the show squarely on Castle.

• John says:

She wouldn’t be out of the city campaigning. A NYS senate seat would be within the city, or very possibly include a small amount of a suburb.

18. Ellis says:

Hey would you mind letting me know which webhost you’re utilizing?
    I’ve loaded your blog in 3 completely different webb browsers and I must
    say this blog loads a lot quicker then most. Can you recommend a good
    hosting provider at a reasonable price? Thanks, I appreciate it!

19. Luli says:

I can’t believe season seven is over…. The season went by fast. I loved the finale, I loved all the Caskett moments, and the great throwbacks to early seasons, especially the “you have no idea” bit on Castle’s speech. His speech killed me, made me cry, and I loved it -best part when he directs his speech to Beckett. I love Castle and Beckett, and I can’t wait for next season. So glad this wasn’t the end (even though I loved it, but I want more.)

20. Raphael says:

oi, tudo bem?, somos a empresa Minha Proteína.
    fabricamos e entregamos suplementos de alta qualidade como Whey
    Hidrolisado.
    Temos um compromisso integral com a qualidade dos produtos e com o relacionamento com nossos clientes.

Sempre buscamos textos atualizados para ler e acabamos chegando no seu blogue.

Caso esteja interessado em Bcaa ou outros suplementos alimentares,
    faça uma visita no nosso site!

Até mais

21. Luiza says:

Incredible episode. I’m so happy that they renewed the show before this finale. I can’t imagine how I would be right now if I didn’t know that this wasn’t a series finale. Although, it would’ve been a great series finale. I loved the all the throwbacks to the pilot, Espo and Ryan anniversary and Montgomery being referenced. And specially how Kate nailed the 1PP interview. Can’t wait to see what’s next for Season 8.

22. ndixit says:

Very strong episode! Good acting and good mystery. But please, for god sake writers, do not go down the senator route. Beckett is soooooooo not a politician! I mean she has stage fright, wants privacy, and is very strongly opinionated about actions being black or white. I dislike that time travel episode for planting this very idea in people’s heads. I mean she struggled just to be a FBI agent in Washington. What makes anyone thing she would fair well as a politician. I agree with Beckett! She’s a cop. I can see her being promoted, I can even see her transferring to a different agency, but not changing jobs altogether.

• CastleBuzz says:

Have to agree with you regarding Beckett and politics. But wouldn’t it be great if our politicians were more like her character, with her sense of right and wrong, justice, fairness, and integrity. What a better world we’d have.

• But she’ll still need money to fund a campaign. That’s the point where pretty much all politicians are either compromised or corrupted.

• CastleBuzz says:

Well, Castle’s rich. Maybe he’d fund her. :) Plus state senator is local so can’t be too expensive.

• John NYC says:

Anything that requires campaigning in New York City’s media market (and her running for senate from some Upstate district makes zero sense) is going to be expensive. VERY expensive.

• ndixit says:

I am a realist. Even the best politicians need a certain attitude and outlook towards life to be successful and make the changes they want. Beckett is just the wrong type of person for a job as a politician. Just having these great ideals doesn’t make you successful as a politician. You need to be a charismatic person who can influence people by their personality. Beckett is an intensely private person who is uncomfortable in even the slightest bit of spotlight.

23. DarkDefender says:

Loved it. The COTW was compelling and for me the episode ranked high in the serious episodes.. along the likes of Veritas (my 2nd fav after Always).
    I loved the full circle elements which would have made it a solid series finale if that was how they had to go. The throwbacks were nice.. Connolly (RIP Cannell) was a nice touch and his intro speech (muder, mystery, the macabre) was a direct copy from the pilot. Rick recalling how his life changed the moment Kate walked up to him and reminding her he had no idea (but now he does) which she told him at the end of the the pilot.
    Kate’s pivotal moment of choice being a Caskett discussion at the swings and Castle’s reveal to Beckett the story of Hollander’s woods showed the growth in the characters and their relationship. I believed them when they said they had each other’s backs. Not one awkward moment between them. Rick calling out Ryan and Espo for doubting him and being disappointed in Kate’s reaction and her quick apology (and bringing him evidence) was just superbly done. I have high hopes for season 8. High, high hopes.

• DarkDefender says:

Also wanted to note that (as Matt said in the recap) Beckett going either route (Senate or PCT Capt .. Or really, even babies) can all happen in the season 8 finale.. Although I really hope they don’t have to choose (in a way that would grossly change the show’s premise) so we can have more Than 8 seasons. But I’ll take what I can get. I really like this show and will be sad when it ends.

• CastleBuzz says:

Agree with everything, DD. Well said. I too loved the scene where Kate has her doubts about Rick remembering a voice from decades ago. There’s always that struggle within her between fact and fiction, evidence and belief. And that struggle and what she knew her doubt would do to him was written on her face. So glad she came to him, not just with an apology but with evidence. Didn’t Castle say once “it’s all about the evidence with you” a few years ago? Perhaps another callback…

24. lauri5567 says:

I found the killer to be very much a callback to the first time they ran into 3XK. It was a creepy hour for sure. Though the house full of dolls is creepy to anyone who’s watched five seasons of Pretty Little Liars. :)
    I could very much see how it would work as a series finale or a season finale.
    I’m pretty sure it’s illegal for the police to tell a civilian to go search for something because they don’t have enough evidence for a warrant but if the civilian finds it then it will be admissible. However, I’m pretty sure that’s how TV law works. Was this the first time that Castle killed the bad guy? I can’t remember another time it happened.

25. N says:

Great episode!

26. Matthew Weber says:

I went in with doubts. But it was actually really good. Though it FELT like a series finale, with the exact wording of Connelly’s speech at the end, and the heartfelt moments. I’m glad it’s not over, but not sure where they go from here.

Also no mention of babies, which will disappoint some viewers, though I’m okay with it as it does leave something for next season.

The COTW, and the backstory for RC was mediocre, but I expected that with the way the rest of that story has played out this season.

The Caskett moments were pretty good.

Looking forward to next season. I’m pretty confident that Stana will be back.

27. Mark says:

If this had been a series finale, I would have been completely satisfied. Loved it!

Having said that, bring on season 8. Can’t wait to see where everyone goes from here.

28. m3rcnate says:

Great episode, great finale, and would have been satisfying as a series finale if it was needed to be.
    Next season i am VERY curious to see if they write consequences and repercussions for Castle having shot and killed someone (the first person Rick has ever killed). I dont mean legally but psychologically. I mean he has been through a LOT…having his memory wiped and being away from his family for months, encountering the boogie man who started his macob murder mystery writing and then killing said boogie man. A man though bad, still had a wife and kids.
    Here’s hoping Stana signs on for one last season and they can wrap up the series, time jump to her running for senator and finding out shes pregnant, Castle working with a new detective who joins the prescient (a cool pretty chick, no flirtation or anything, complete loyalty from Rick) but at the end of the season he decides its just not the same without Kate and decides to retire and….maybe teach literature or writing at a local college or write political thrillers or be a stay at home dad with the baby. SO many great fun options for a final season WITH Kate still in the picture.

29. Mike Q says:

Loved it. More than the callbacks to the pilot, I loved Castle ending his speech with “Always” — a tip of the cap to Alexis’s speech over their first night together.

It’s funny. It was so good I may stop watching. The show is starting to show it’s age. For whatever reason, the chemistry between the two of them isn’t what it was, and that was just a wholly fitting end to the story. That’s how I want to remember these characters.

Hope some good shows premiere next fall because I’ve pretty much stopped watching everything but the Big Bang Theory and The Middle.

30. sigh says:

When all was said and done, it was a very strong episode. I sort of wish it had been the series finale because it would have been a perfect ending.

31. BM says:

Wow, what an incredible episode! Great moments all around and prove that a season can end without a cliffhanger and still leave you wanting to see how the story goes on! I’m glad it isn’t over but with that, I wouldn’t have been too sad had it been. Now I just hope that once the show does end, they know it beforehand so they can create a finale which is equally as satisfying! Anything else would just not do it anymore. This was perfect on so many levels.

32. Flywire is like a thread that place on the sneaker to add more support and durability of the shoe.

Every Hannspree TV have used liquid crystal display, “consumers will eventually be able to have one and can communicate only with great emotional appeal of the TV viewing experience. In addition and also is among the most ideal internet shopping outlets because it’s reliable together with a responsible website.

33. Just one thing says:

My replies continue to be eaten multiple times on this site. Perhaps that’s a sign? :-)

• CastleBuzz says:

Just one of mine out of many tonight was eaten before it was posted. I retried several times, reentering my email and name (which worked yesterday), to no avail. Since it was just to one post, I wonder if it has to do with some of the Reply links. Did you have problems with multiple Reply buttons or just the same one over and over?

34. titnaskers says:

Loved this epsoide of Castle, especially the call backs to the pilot epsoide. Also loved the talk between Castle and Alexis brought back many of the great moments during the early seasons of the epsoide. Also enjoied when Kate ripped that guy grilling her and showed her ablity to be able to back every move she has ever made. The best line of her ripping that a guy a new one was not that I walk the line, that I put myself on the line that was so badass Beckett. The ending scene of the season finale was so touching with everybody around that table. Only one knit pick from this season from an overall view. Was that we were promisied that we would dealv in to Rick’s mytholodogy, but it was a bit rushed. Except for that one thing this was a great season, and I can’t wait for season eight.

35. Susan says:

As Kate said “she is a good cop….doing right 4 the people….” Politicians are different “animals, ” out 4 themselves NOT 4 the good of the people. Kate’s character is NOT a politician. OMG dont go there I would stop watching.

36. titnaskers says:

One more thing I forgot to mention is that I hope the contract between Stana and tptb get resolved asap. Castle just won’t be the same if SK is not their in her Beckett character. Both NF and SK together is a major part of the show. Just make sure the whole cast comes back for ananother season. It would feel weird if we don’t have the whole crew together.

37. lame says:

It’s time to move on, do a time jump and start the next season at Captain Becketts new precinct. Have Alexis go into forensic medison keeping a link to some of the old gang especially lainie, and giving Kate the opportunity to continue with police duties as Montgomery used to. It would allow Rick to be a fixture at her job as before and if they change the format from COTW to open ended episodes how much more refreshing that would be. Time to open the windows and let the fresh air in, seven years it’s feeling stale. Like Rick and Kate it’s time to move the story along so Winter/Hawley won’t find themselves having to do another 7.20 hatchet job.

38. Dzięki znajomości praw, jakie rządzą przy podejmowaniu decyzji kupna przez konsumentów można poprawić zyski ze sprzedaż.

39. Jennifer says:

Great episode, this is what the show has been missing all year long. Nathan and Stana did this episode justice. They each played such an important role and I’m hoping that it continues or I just watched my last episode of Castle. You can’t have one without the other. When they mentioned to Kate they wanted her to run for the NY senate I yelled YES. That is what I was thinking months ago that she should do, then Castle mentioned that he would write a political thriller and Alexis told Kate she would help her run the campaign. It’s a family affair. It was great the way both Rick and Kate mentioned to others how proud they were of the other and it shows how much they have grown as a couple and as friends. I have nothing against Nathan, I really like him as an actor but he can’t carry this show without Stana by his side. Watching Rick Castle without his muse, his wife, his partner in crime and in life Kate Beckett, is like watching paint dry. It won’t be fun to watch anymore. Bring Stana back, end the show the way it began with all the core players and with Castle and Beckett together.

40. lame says:

The only thing that I found peculiar was once the toasts were done Kate made a bee line for the exit Leaving everyone else in her jet wash, in her haste to leave. I almost expected to hear say ” I’m blowing this dump.”

41. dman6015 says:

Fillion re-signed. Castle renewed. Stana in contract limbo. No Beckett, No Show.

42. mike says:

has Stana signed yet? cause if she don’t come back, neither do i

• Jennifer says:

As of right now Stana has not resigned. I’m with you, if she doesn’t come back I won’t watch the show. I’m wondering if ABC ever saw this coming from her fans. She might have started off as a co-star on this show but as the seasons went on her star got bigger and brighter and so did her very loyal fan base. For me No Stana No Castle.

43. Why did Kate get the text before Captain Gates? Isn’t it Gates’ job to assign detectives to any incoming investigations?

• DarkDefender says:

Beckett was probably on-call – which is a plausible reason for her to not drink a lot.
      Babies would ruin the premise of the show (spicy, sexy couple solving crime), because who wants a crying baby that needs a diaper change mid episode? Although I love that every episode this season -people were on the Beckett baby bump watch. Hysterical!

44. Kate says:

I really loved the episode! I rewatched it and loved it even more. If Stana Katic doesn’t come back it was my series finale, so I’m very glad it was perfect.

45. tv fan says:

A little rushed for one episode but I loved it, yes well written. As saying that, it did give closer to somethings while leaving it open for others, I think that all the callbacks ect taken bit by bit were great I just think it was too much to focused on at one time, have to watch it again. As a series finale I give it a “B” but over all I give it an “A”. I enjoyed it. It makes me want to come back for season 8! Thanks guys (cast and crew) for a great episode!

I was even screaming at Beckett to just slide the gun to him but the way they did it was more intimate! I did see errors in age of character and either he shots left handed-or he has rings on wrong hand……The swings was a great touch along with the “walk out” of Castle in the 12th and then dedicating all the people in his life, very touching. And I caught that Beckett didn’t drink?

great way to end seven! Hoope that 8 can be just as good or better!

46. Gerald says:

Nooooooooooooo. Running for Senate????? Has ABC not learned anything from the debacle that happened this season on the Good Wife?
    LOVED everything else about this episode. One of the best in a long time. Loved that Rick really got closure on that case, by his own hand.

47. Lizo says:

I’m really excited for Kate running for Senate. Feels like a nature evolution for her character, an exciting direction for the show to go in, and a great way to get Alexis integrated into the show more. Totally on board with this.

• John NYC says:

Indeed: watching her endlessly telephoning fat cats begging for campaign donations would make for riveting television. Plus her compromising every principle she used to have in order to get nominated and then elected… Because she fit so well into that world on her side trip to D.C.?

It’s a cop show, if they choose to do an artsy time jump in some future season (NOT 8, that shouldn’t be the last despite all the “fans” wishes it be so, which I find truly odd btw) at the show’s close showing her in a Senatorial office I’m okay with that: but her running for election to a state seat is sausage I have no interest in being witness to.

48. carbono says:

Hey they’re reporting that Stana HAS signed now for season 8!! Hurray!!

49. Evan says:

Why didn’t we find out what Castle was doing when he was gone????

• John NYC says:

How many seasons did it taker to sort out Becketts main concern, her mother’s death? They take their time with the big stuff. Montgomery wasn’t revealed to be crooked for years after all….

50. zagsfan says:

I hope Beckett doesn’t go into politics. She isn’t going to like it any more than she liked the politics of being a fed.