Resurrection Cancelled at ABC

Resurrection Cancelled

There won’t be a second life for Resurrection.

ABC’s supernatural drama has been cancelled after two seasons, TVLine has learned.

Resurrection‘s 13-episode second season wrapped on Jan. 25.

1. Ray says:

Good. It was garbage

2. Et Al says:

Good riddance.

3. Carla Krae says:

Dangit! We left on a cliffhanger!

• bluefairy says:

Not really. They did give some closure. Sure, some questions were left unanswered, but the main story arcs were wrapped up.

4. Daya says:

I knew it was too much like Jericho, at least as far as an eclectic taste.

Too bad, but I’ll always have the friendship of April Billingsley.

5. Landa says:

Why are you cancelling the good shows on ABC?

6. Justsomeguy says:

The show went completely off the rails in season 2. Sucks.

7. Mr. Tran K says:

Good call ABC. The series didn’t stand a chance.

8. Merrie says:

I would of rather had another season of Resurrection over another season of Grey’s Anatomy!

9. Fran says:

I liked it but thought the finale could have served as a series one if need be. It was pretty obvious it was done.

10. Why “resurrection is best show abc ever had what a bummer” I won’t anything on abc from now on jerks”

11. laurelnev says:

This would have worked better as a limited run mini-series. It ran longer than it should have. Still, I wish they’d have tried Forever in that time slot. It would have worked well bookended by OUAT and Revenge. Both S&L and Resurrection were given the golden time slot, and they couldn’t even make THAT work! Talk about a show that had no focus or LT plan and was making it up as it went along.

12. kirads09 says:

Can’t say I didn’t see this one coming. But I enjoyed and will miss the show.

13. Patti says:

I hate to hear this, I really enjoyed the show!

14. Cobra says:

“Resurrection” was really intriguing in Season 1. Season 2 just went the “Revenge” route and lost its focus and became really really boring.

15. G says:

Resurrection cancelled at ABC. Cristela cancelled at ABC. Forever cancelled at ABC. Did we really need 3 separate articles for these??

16. sharon farris says:

Resurrection was a great show I many if us were looking forward to season three. Since we have to watch what we say I’ll end it there

17. Carmaletta says:

It was better tHan the Odd couple and other stupid crap they have on tv anymore

18. Kris says:

Glad to hear this. I stopped watching.

19. Not surprised – won’t miss it.

20. K says:

Didnt think this show was gonna last, but they could of atleast tell the producer to write an ending. Hate when they do things like this. LET THE DAMM SHOW END ATLEAST.

• OK! HERE IS THE ENDING TO “RESURRECTION”:

Girls with mice LIPS and great boobies take the dude with the MASSIVE groinal BULGE into the shower and suddenly ….. without warning ….. he transforms into HIS OWN SISTER and he continues to touch her — kiss her — fondle her — drool over her massive boobies and then …… suddenly …… without warning …… HE DROPS DEAD! NO MORE “RESUREKSHON”! His CRANK went LIMP!

(END OF SHOW)

• Dorinda says:

Yeah.wish they could end shows decently where there is an ending and the explanation to things!

21. lorna says:

Saw the first several eps last season. Wantes to like it, was bored out of my mind.

22. what the F? that was a show my husband and i watch regularly … im pissed.. it was nice to see loved ones comeback, i miss my loved ones and it always made me think just what if??

23. retsim says:

Thank you for not Resurrecting this rubbish.

24. Tammy says:

Hate to see the show go really love some of the actors that play on that show.

25. tmix2015 says:

Hate to see the show go really loved some of the actors that play on the show.

26. Here is what I don’t get. Why do people get excited and comment that they are happy a show was cancelled and it was garbage? If you don’t like it, why do you care? There are people who enjoyed the show (myself included) and are unhappy that it is going away? If you don’t like it don’t watch. Why get so invested that you get excited that a show someone likes is going away? That is just stupid…

• Jayme says:

Amen!

• George says:

Because people (though I don’t think the term fits) like Retslm have absolutely nothing better to do than troll online forums and discussions and try to get a rise out of people. They need attention from people, since no one really wants anything to do with them most of the time. And doing it online also allows them to say whatever they want and not risk retaliation. They’re cowards hiding behind a computer screen. I’d say they should be sterilized, but since stupid seems to be taught rather than inherited, it wouldn’t help.

• HERE FREDDY …………… HOLD MY PENIS!

• theresa says:

second that emotion!! they just want to be important as all…..i was so into that show and they left us all hanging, how pathetic!

27. james says:

It was a good show.

28. Ann Sage says:

JUST LIKE LOST!

29. bobbi says:

That just isn’t right it was a great show n I know a lot of people will be boycotting

30. sue says:

Im sad to hear that. Really liked the show.

31. Greg says:

I’m not really surprised this happened. I liked the first season but the second season I found was quite boring. Too bad it had potential to be a good series.

32. I REALLY LIKED THIS SHOW! SORRY TO SEE IT GO.

33. IAmDonovan says:

It wasn’t the best show but I’m sad to see it go.

34. Nancy Cluster says:

Why? So many other shows that need to be canceled,from viewing,and this one does not make it?

35. Laurie says:

This is why I hate network tv. You get interested in a series and bam! They cancel it and leave you hanging. Resurrection was a great show. Guess the network figured there wasn’t enough sexual or violence in it…. I’m going to stick to reading books.

36. William says:

It sure would be nice to know what was the truth behind all the people coming back (Resurrected)???

37. Glenda Smith says:

It was a really good cast! I wasn’t sure if it would go another season, but was willing to see it through. My options are narrowing, three of my favs cancelled . . . I obviously need to be more productive and turn off the TV.

38. Queenmother says:

Was trying to watch just to see how this made sense and why? What was the focal point of the storyline. Oh well I guess “Under The Dome” is next. That one makes no sense either.

39. AngelWasHere says:

Hi. Been reading this site for awhile, but I never made a comment before. :)

Ressurrection was an interesting show, but it lost its touch in season 2. Literally everyone in the town became a return. Even the cop! No one was special anymore, which was kind of the point of the show. It all just became really pointless and all over the place as it went on. It even got boring at times. If they had stuck with the same formula as season 1 and focus on different people in the town to keep the main storyline/ family from getting stale, than it might of done better.

Plus I must add that the show aired the same time as walking dead in most places. Im thinking a lot people chose to watch that and catch Resurrection later as most fans liked watching both. Putting an almost somewhat similar themed show on the same time was a bit of a slow death sentence. It was bound to decline.

• Jenny says:

Exactly! Too many loose ends. I just felt like the show was getting to be a mess of storylines. Too much staring and not enough dialog. Plus, why did the nice minister fella (Tom?) not return, and everyone else did.

• AngelWasHere says:

Ugh I thought Tom would come back too. I liked Rachel and the wife was a interesting character too, but Tom was what made this storyline worth watching. Without him the storyline with the pregnancy and all just became a pointless bore. The whole point of Tom was to be tempted by the past lost one who thought to be lost.

• AngelWasHere says:

• ARKdeEREH says:

I think that was supposed to be the point; that everyone was coming back to life so they could all live forever (or at least substantially longer) and that it was too big for the government to cover up or stop.

• Tamarah Duffey says:

I completely agree with you

40. Queenmother says:

I would have like to see the storyline behind all of those people coming back from the dead and what did it have to do with the ressurected ladies baby. Some came back several times. Still no why. Show just left it hanging. I was actually looking forward to seeing what was going to happen when they surrounded the house. Guess we have to write our own ending. Lol

41. Cant seem to understand why all the shoes I actually like keep getting cancelled! I will admit season 1 had me upset because it was so far fetched from the book. But it was getting better. Darn it

42. Petrie Love Flick says:

I love this show and can’t believe it won’t be back on again

43. AngelWasHere says:

For those missing this, The Returned is a good substitute if it doesn’t get cancelled too. It has its faults and the original French version is probably better, but it’s not bad.

44. Smfree says:

Another show I watched bites the dust! I liked this show and was looking forward to finding out more. All these shows should not end on cliffhangers, they should end on questions getting answered, just in case they do not get renewed. Revolution, Believe, The Lottery, V, etc. I looked forward to the next seasons, then nothing.

45. jason says:

Abc should bring resurrection back. Now we.won’t know what happens in season 3 cause Abc don’t want to bring it back. Nice way to put people thinking that it was coming back on. Maybe there should have a petition to bring back the show

46. monieet says:

WTF. We will never know what happened. ABC needs to just remove all the individuals who make these decisions. Honestly, this is just a deal breaker for me. I am so done with y’all pulling the plug and leaving the views SOL. Lifetime and ABC you have lost me and my next generation of little ones. I am still sore about y’all getting rid of BATTLE OF THE NETWORK STARS. never got over it.

47. Mariah Hill says:

Noo I hate bein left on a cliffhanger ! I wanted to know what happened to the devil baby , and the bugs at the window ! Why start the show if it’s going to end?! It really was a good show , this sucks

• Zell says:

Yeah i agree with you huhu! I still want to see maggie n marty marry and pastor tom ressurect! The baby? I think is not an evil here! Infact it helped some returned with his amniotic fluid…pls dont cancel the series or the season 3…

48. r says:

Very hard starting new shows when you never now if they are going to come back. At least make a finale that answers all the unknowns so people are not left hanging. This happens way to often.

49. Jerry G says:

So let me get this straight. A ridiculous show like Galavant has been renewed but a thought provoking show like Resurrection has been cancelled? Yet another piece of the dumbing down puzzle.