Hart of Dixie Cancelled at The CW

Hart of Dixie Cancelled

The CW’s days of whistling Dixie are officially over: The network has cancelled Hart of Dixie after four seasons, TVLine has learned.

Dixie‘s fourth season finale, which now serves as its series finale, was a biggie for Dr. Hart: Not only did she welcome her child with Wade, but the show’s “it” couple also swapped “I do”s and Zoe was officially made a partner. Happy endings all around! (Well, except for the show itself, of course.)

Fans, are you bummed by the show’s cancellation? Were you hoping for a Season 5? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. James says:

Aww…

2. KSM says:

I mean, I knew they were going to do it, but I am sad. I loved this show. It was like old school WB. Now everything is about vampires. :(

• Stacy says:

I completely agree KSM! HOD was the last show I watched on the CW and that used to be the only channel I watched. Definitely the end of an era for me with this channel :(

• autumnd23 says:

There are two vampire shows on the cw.
      On the WB there were two vampire shows. I’m not sure I see your point.

• souf says:

I think what they are trying to say is that HOD is one of the only ” normal real world” show left on the channel. Over 75% of its shows could belong on the syfy network. Jane the Virgin and reign are the only shows that don’t have a supernatural element to them. I totally loved HOD and the old school maybe 90’s vibe to it.

• Omar says:

The CW went from teen dramas to shows containing supernatural fantasy horror and superhero action dramas. I do love Hart of Dixie for it being a realisitic series, as well as Reign and Jane the Virgin, but there should be some diverse balance with some of what they already have along with some realistic serial dramas. There’s really too much of one thing.

• Mindy says:

Omg I completely agree with you ksm😕😳😢

• Andrea says:

I agree. This show was actually real life stuff that happens everyday.

3. Tallee says:

I would have watched another season but will say that the way they ended it gave us all some closure and it was a great run. I’m glad they saw the writing on the wall and had a chance to wrap it all up for us. I wish more shows would get to do that.

4. Jane says:

Sad it was cancelled, but the last episode worked perfectly for a series finale,

5. Jessica says:

I’m not surprised it’s been canceled I saw that coming it was a great series finale to Heart of Dixie.

6. Laurie says:

Figured it was the end. The finale they had wrapped up the series nicely. Who doesn’t love a musical number?

7. Jurbd says:

Only thing I’m bummed about is how the CW treated this veteran show.

8. Mar13 says:

I know it was a long shot but I really REALLY love the show and I kept hoping until now… I would have loved to watch another season! This show was a light one, but it never fails to make me laugh, smile and spent a hour without caring about life or being to focus about a complicated tv show’s storyline.

9. Jared says:

I think HoD’s cancellation hurts so bad because of how strong season 4 was. I would have loved to see Zoe and Wade raise there baby in season 5 but the finale was so good that I’m just happy us fans got closure.

10. Becca says:

I’m not surprised at all, especially since they tied up pretty much all the loose ends. I mean, did anyone actually care about the new love triangle? The only two things I wish I knew was baby Hart-Kinsella’s name and whether GT & AB stay together.

11. jen says:

booooo – i figured as much but am still bummed. i really liked the show

12. LE says:

The fact that the season (now series) finale ended so perfectly at least makes me a little happy but… dammit CW why you have to cancel this cute little show that put a smile on my face every single episode it was on.

13. Dizzle says:

What’s the baby’s name?!?

14. Mr. Tran K says:

I knew it was about to happen and it did. Really hope the CW made the right decision to end HoD after four seasons.

15. Ever says:

They never treated this show with any respect, the last season was pulling in the same numbers that Jane The Virgin got. Ugh.

• Arvin says:

Jane got a Golden Globe nomination plus it has the more potential to be sold abroad. This show has low interest from international crowd. Foreigners think it’s a show about rednecks and hillbillies.

• Jodee Ortiz says:

Hart of Dixie is one of the best shows,and only ignorance can say the show is about rednecks and hillbillies,please that is rediculous.

16. Judi says:

It is very sad when quality shows are cancelled yet shows featuring violence are promoted and earn prime spots in the line up.

• tamara says:

Exactly

• J Botha says:

Agree!

• TB says:

I can’t believe you cancel such a wonderful show and keep so many dumb reality TV shows which are out of touch with reality.

• Debbie says:

I just watched all 4 Seasons — I was so addicted to the Zoe and Wade storylines. The 2 actors had such great chemistry between them. Very disappointed with Season 3 – okay you give her a new boyfriend and have him “bond” with Wade. Really? I watched Season 3 within 4 days so I could get to Season 4. I would have loved to have seen the bantering between Zoe and Wade raising the baby and living there on the plantation with Lavone and Lemon. I got SO addicted to this in such a short time. So much better than the series that our on Hallmark (which I love). I wish they would come back for atleast another season or 2.

• Kelly says:

I completely agree. I just binge-watched all four seasons on Netflix and now I don’t know what to do with myself. I never expected the show to suck me in like that. When I saw Season 3, I realized why they got cancelled. No one wanted to watch Zoe with Joel or Wade with Vivian. Season 4 was good but so short at only 10 episodes. I would have loved to have watched the progression of their relationship with their child. I think it would have made for interesting TV. There definitely was a lot more story to tell. We can probably only hope Netflix picks it up for a reboot. I’m sad I won’t get to see how life continued on in Bluebell.

17. stephanyteatai says:

i love this show! Why! Damn it CW -_-

18. BrightLight says:

The entire season felt like a series finale to me and I was fine with it. Like others, I’d still love to know what the baby’s name was but I guess it’s like a Choose Your Own Adventure book and you get to pick the name yourself! ;)
    I also loved the way it ended. If it had been renewed, I don’t think they could have topped that finale. I will miss the show immensely though and I think a Netflix rewatch might be in my future.

19. Eric7740 says:

This was pretty much a foregone conclusion as soon as The CW renewed iZombie yesterday. Sorry HOD fans. Love Rachel Bilson!

20. Boiler says:

I am bummed and the CW treated it like crap. It performed better than shows they are keeping including the much “praised” Jane. Just stupid and too bad.

21. Amaan says:

I’m sorry but the writing ruined this show!

22. Kate says:

Pleaseeeee re-think it! I miss Zoe and Wade. I know it was just a TV show but I miss them!!! I wanted to see their baby! I even miss Lemon!!! Bring it back next year after Rachel has time off with her baby. Don’t give up on the fans!!!

23. tamara says:

This is awful :(

24. Denise Rambo says:

Except we’ll never know the baby’s name!

25. Amy says:

There’s still the ‘awwwwww no’ feeling now it’s official, but at least the show ended on such a high note. Congrats to the cast and crew for showing television how your final season should be done.

26. Lis says:

I think HOD got treated poorly by the network. If they had been treated like a valued veteran show and promoted and given a FULL fourth season it would of least felt better. I know it was cut down because of Rachel Bilsons pregnancy but they could of worked around it like any other show does. It would of been nice to see them in the future a couple of years like the Parenthood finale did. I guess that’s wishful thinking. I guess the CW wants to attract a new generation of viewers and is gazing out the diehards that watched when it was the WB and had Dawson’s Creek and the CW had One Tree Hill.

27. PugMomma09 says:

Well that stinks! I enjoyed Hart of Dixie every week and really have missed it. I guess I will just keep watching the episodes on Netflix and the 10 episodes from the season on my DVR. I hope to see the cast find new shows quickly!

28. Al says:

Because ratings weren’t that good, I’m not too surprised. On the other hand, I AM surprised they didn’t order a 5th season to push it up to 100 episodes for syndication but that’d be saying The CW would have to had spent money on another 24 episodes which doesn’t really make business sense. I guess.

Although the network could’ve ordered 13 episodes for Season 4 (I’m sure they could’ve found a way around RB’s pregnancy to extend production like that? Maybe film finale first, then 3 more without her or pre-tape some stuff to include her?) and then a 21 episode 5th/final season to round it out for syndication

• alanlicious says:

ABC didn’t even want to do that with Revenge and it’s ending at 89 episodes! So I guess why would the CW be expected to at 76

29. Missy Kelly says:

I dreamed about it and then woke up and realized the chances of Season 5 were probably worse than hitting the Power Ball jackpot

30. BrianR says:

You suck CW. Hart of Dixie was a nice sweet show in a sea of blood, guts and death.

31. Debbie says:

So disappointed. Loved HOD. Only watching Jane on the CW now.

32. alex says:

good riddance, I still don’t forgive them for renewing this over secret circle all those years ago.

33. Joey Padron says:

sad news. I had a feeling the show would get cancelled when they renewed iZombie. glad season 4 finale was good ending for the show. hope the cast will be back on TV soon in new shows and popular shows.

34. Diane says:

Even though we knew it was coming I was really hoping they would change their minds. It was a lite and fun show to watch. Not all about violence and drugs. It was a show that you could watch and get away from that kind of stuff. It was just a feel good lite show that I really looked forward to.

35. Ninoska says:

Fans already knew this was going to happen anway after the tweets some of the cast posted like one month ago or so mentioning somethign that they will not return. So it did not take a genius to figure taht out.

36. A Wiseman says:

Totally bummed Hart of Dixie is over… It was a make you feel good show that made you fall in love with the characters.

37. william says:

what a shame. this show had a great cast but poor writers. will anxiously await rachel bilsons’ next project.

38. Kristina says:

Bummer even though we knew it was coming. The finale did wrap things up nicely and I’m so glad they did it that way. But I’d happily continue watching season after season of this show.

39. Stef says:

Can’t believe it!!!!! It’s official.. Why would they cancel a show that made people happy. It was the only decent show that had interesting and exciting stories and now it’s goneeeee 😔so upsetttttt! No more bluebell guyssss how sad! 😔😔😔😔

40. janie shelby says:

I loved this show also. Will miss it!!

41. Heidi says:

Oh Dixie….I will miss you. I will remember the good times and forget the bad times and Zade you will be forever in my Hart

42. Amber says:

:( Not surprised but still upset. My fave show. They could at least tell us what the baby’s name is

43. LKE says:

So bummed. This show was such a breath of fresh air! Sad to see this show go.

44. kimberly mlejnek says:

Hate the show is gone….loved the show

45. Bernadette says:

Loved Hart of Dixie. Can’t tell you how much I’ll miss it. The town, the characters were so perfect. Kinda made me wish I lived in Blue Bell.

46. Lauren says:

booo =(

47. Barb says:

So sad to hear this. HOD was a wonderful break from all the serious dramas out there. I wanted to move to Bluebelle because there was a party or festival every week. I will miss this show very much :(

48. Ann says:

Wow, bummed. We need more shows like this. With the exception of all the sleeping around, it was a it was so much cleaner watching than there is these days. So tired of all the violence other shows have.

49. Beckers0505 says:

No!!!! I’m getting so sick of tv!

50. B says:

I guess I just hate they made us wait so long to hear the official news. Always interested to hear reasoning behind it.