Fuller House: Meet DJ and Kimmy's Kids

Fuller House Characters

Fuller House just got… fuller.

In addition to new details about the present-day Tanners — including that DJ’s late husband was a fireman, apparently — TVLine can also reveal the three younger characters (aka the new DJ, Stephanie and Michelle) being introduced in Netflix’s Full House continuation series, based on some fresh casting intel.

Ready? OK, let’s meet the new kids:

* Jesse Daniel (aka “JD”) is DJ’s 12/13-year-old son, described as a “ladies’ man” with three girlfriends. He worshiped his dad and is having a difficult time coping with the loss, which results in him acting out. DJ tries to make him a better person — he allegedly resents her for “constantly pushing him to read, do charity work and generally de-shallow” — but it doesn’t sound like her plan is working. (Bonus scoop: JD is a musician and rides bikes, just like his [Great] Uncle Jesse.)

* Max is (presumably DJ’s) 6/7-year-old son who seems to take after “Grandpa Danny” in that he’s got O.C.D. like whoa. “He takes tremendous pride in keeping his room tidy, his shirt tucked in and has already mastered the art of hospital corners.” A tech geek who also lacks rhythm, Max looks up to his older brother and is constantly seeking his approval.

* Ramona is (presumably Kimmy’s) 12/13-year-old daughter. Though she’s bi-racial, Ramona fully embraces her Latina heritage, and considers living with the “white-bread Tanners” to be “totally lame.” She’s described as being smart, but not into school. Instead, her interests include: “boys, fashion, being cool, social media and taking pics every second of every day.” (Sounds a lot like a 2015 version of Miz Gibbler… you know, minus the whole “smart” thing.)

Your thoughts on DJ and Kimmy’s progeny? Drop ’em in a comment below.

1. dee123 says:

3 girlfriends at 12 or 13? Pathetic.

2. James says:

JD, really?

3. If this does well, we might see Jaleel White show up as Urkel again, and that could lead into a Family Matters revival too, and from there, Perfect Strangers… who knows?

4. Brandy says:

The boys sound interesting, but I would rather have a “Michelle” character than Kimmie’s daughter. I guess that’s what DJ’s baby will eventually be?

5. Fx says:

Full House was lame back in the day. The 2015 version of it should be even worse because: “boys, fashion, being cool, social media and taking pics every second of every day.” *eyeroll*

6. whatdwhat says:

I’d rather just watch a Kimmy Gibbler spin off. I have no interest in DJ’s life whatsoever.

• Kyle says:

Agreed, Kimmy was the best character on that show., DJ was the most boring character on the show. She had no personality.

• Belle says:

Wow, why are you even reading this article then?? No one is forcing you to watch, or read anything about the new show.

• whatdwhat says:

Obviously, I’m mildly curious because of the Kimmy Gobbled comeback.

I’m entitled to my opinions as you are to your unnecessary anger. Geez.

• Dysturbed says:

Atention grabbing headlines exist for a reason. One doesn’t have to like the show to still be curious.

7. steven says:

Does he have a best friend named Turk?

8. Bryan says:

But will there be a laugh track? It’s kinda a deal breaker

9. Dennis says:

LOL what?!

10. GraceM says:

Wasn’t DJ supposed to have three boys?

• Stacey says:

She’s pregnant, and therefore there might be a third son. But when the show begins she has two sons with a new baby on the way and a new widow.

11. Weezy says:

Is anyone else like what the heck after reading those? A 12 year old that is a “ladies” man and has 3 girlfriends? Not likely…also what kind of bikes does he ride at the age of 12…weird

But not as weird as the 2nd kid. An OCD tech geek at the age of 6? Are you kidding me….sounds ridiculous.

• Stacey says:

Not that shocking. I am sure a ladies man in the general term of a 12/13 year old. And in this day and age, I am sure there are many kids who are quite techie at early ages.

• c-mo says:

I’m sorry to say that these types of kids exist. As a matter of fact, there is one in my daughter’s 6th grade class. JD having 3 girlfriends actually just means he texts with 3 girls at the same time, they don’t actually date at this age…at least the kids in my kid’s class don’t.

12. val says:

Make it stop. JD? Really??

13. Cas says:

I am still on the edge about this. Could be fun but it really annoys me that she is a widow and her dad was a widower. I mean it is like history repeated itself and the odds that would happen have to be low…

• Becky says:

My mother lost her father when she was 8 and I lost mine when I was 16 yeah I did have an extra 8 years compaired to my mom, it can happen

14. Trista says:

Does anyone know if Djs husband was Scot Weinger’s character Steve? It would be really cool if after an appropriate amount of time they reintroduce his character as a love interest to DJ

• Sarah T says:

I think Steve’s last name on the original show was Hale and DJ’s married name is “Fuller” (hence the title). I’m guessing it wouldn’t be him so they could possibly bring him on as a romantic love interest for DJ this time around. ;)

15. Alice says:

I don’t care about the new kids of the series, especially now that they are carbon copies of Jesse and Danny. Would it kill the producers to be a tad but more original?

16. hollie church says:

Oh my gosh I grew up watching full house and I’m twenty three now with kids of my own and now they will have a great family oriented show to watch like I did. I think fuller house will be amazing :)

17. Anon says:

Ugh these descriptions sound horrible.

18. T Diggs says:

Will DJ talk about her extensive plastic surgery?

19. maddie says:

totally excited and looking forward to seeing it!

20. Samoy Brown says:

I love the line up but where is 2015 Michelle for adult DJ.

21. allycat2005 says:

wait……who’s gonna play michelle?? they look so different know

22. Melissa says:

Ok I have read all of the comments. There has been many different spin offs of different shows and it worked out well for them. I think in time it will become it’s own show. It seems to be very realistic for today’s life. That includes the kids. They do have to be careful and make sure it still has the family values and same amount of entertainment or it can bust. I think many are not sure about this because full house was a family show and between the twins and their messy real life and Stephanie her messy real life it can bomb. I think it should show the imperfections of their lives in the show and turn them into life lessons. I will be disappointed if it is not a family originated show liie girl meets world which my kids love.

23. LAG68 says:

I think it will be a nice family show to watch enjoyed full house!

24. Kay says:

Wow… so carbon copies of the old characters. How lazy and lame.

25. Micky says:

dj is pregnant with one boy and her husband just died so she has 3 boys just like Danny with 3 girls and 1baby that is already born

26. Jasselyn Maldonado says:

I would love to be on fuller house because I watch every single episode of. The original full house until I found the sequel I was so excited my name is Jasselyn Maldonado.i am 15 years old. Hair color black. This would be my chance to be on tv. I always wanted to act.

27. Jasselyn Maldonado says:

28. Laina says:

DJ’s name did not come from jesse danny,it came from her real name , Donna Joe.