Fall TV Preview

Fall TV: Fox Orders Rob Lowe's Grinder, Procedural Drama Rosewood to Series

Rob Lowe The Grinder

Fox on Thursday added a pair of wildly different series to its 2015-2016 schedule: the Rob Lowe-led comedy The Grinder and the murder procedural Rosewood.

Let’s start with The Grinder, a comedy about TV lawyer Dean “The Grinder” Sanderson (Lowe) who finds himself at a major crossroads when his long-running hit show comes to an end. Ultimately, he decides to move back to his tiny home town, where he fully believes he has the know-how to run his real-life family’s law firm. The Grinder also stars Fred Savage (The Wonder Years), Mary Elizabeth Ellis (It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia), William Devane (24: Live Another Day) and Hana Hayes.

Rosewood Fox PilotRosewood stars Morris Chestnut (Legends) as top Miami pathologist Dr. Beaumont Rosewood, Jr., known for finding “the secrets in bodies that others usually miss.” A lover of life and an eternal optimist, Dr. Rosewood often finds himself at odds with the grouchy female detective (Jaina Lee Ortiz) he’s been saddled with — not that she doesn’t see the value in his skills. Rosewood also stars Gabrielle Dennis (The Game), Anna Konkle and Maggie Elizabeth Jones (Ben and Kate).

The Grinder and Rosewood join Scream Queens and the six-episode X-Files revival as Fox’s first 2015-16 pickups.

Do either (or both) of Fox’s newest additions sound like they’ll earn a spot on your DVR? Drop a comment with your take on The Grinder and Rosewood below.

1. Mr. Tran K says:

Wonder if Fox is planning to bring back another season of 24 until the upfronts on May 11th and if it does, it may very well be the last depending on whether Kiefer Sutherland should consider coming back to the role of Jack Bauer one last time.

2. Wendy says:

Rosewood sounds like a more dramatic Bones with gender reversal.

3. bj says:

The Grinder sounds good and I like Morris Chestnut. I’ll definitely give it a go.

4. At this time I am ready to do my breakfast, once having my
    breakfast coming yet again to read more news.

5. kmw says:

Yes Rosewood sounds like role reversal of Bones. Not interested want real Bones instead

6. BrightLight says:

Yes to The Grinder. The cast sealed the deal for me.
    No to Rosewood. I agree with everyone who says it sounds like Bones just gender reversed and set in Miami.

7. Bernadette says:

It will be nice to have Rob Lowe on tv show again. Both shows sound good and will give them a look see.

8. meatwad says:

ill check out the Rosewood for Chestnut but Grinder just doesn’t sound like my cup of tea

9. Maple Leaf Momma says:

Grinder maybe with the ever-young, talented Rob Lowe…Rosewood nah !!

10. Arlene says:

Rosewood bothers me as the title because I believe this is Rosewood, FL, where there was a terrible massacre, in 1923. Of the local black population. So here we have a Bones-like romantic drama referring as a place name or as a surname to a terrible tragedy that if zfzoX is going to air they had best address one way or another.

• pstar says:

the show takes place in Miami so the title is actually the lead characters last name…Dr. Rosewood

11. Arlene says:

FOX, I meant.

12. tahonia2 says:

Rob Lowe always has a spot on my dvr

13. Melisa says:

Will not watch ei

14. Melisa says:

Will not watch either

15. JohnHasADHD says:

Oh look, another quincy rip off – how original to have a show where a pathologist is better at solving a crime than police…jesus…’it’s quincy meets csi miami with a minority lead’ IT CAN”T FAIL

• kitch10 says:

It is much more updated…with richer cast chemistry, redeeming values and includes a same sex couple soon to be married I know that because of the dearth of black stars that skin color is a point of focus, but this show so far has nothing to do with race It is refreshing, serious, action packed and comedic at times Try and be forward thinking and open minded, and you will find yourself truly entertained by this cast of millennials

16. matty says:

I’m very much looking forward the The Grinder…

i assume this means that the Rob Riggle pilot 24 hours til monday is dead?

17. Mare says:

Neither catch my interest.

18. Bart says:

Rob Lowe’s on Grindr?

19. pstar says:

absolutely LOVE Morris Chestnut and Rob Lowe so can’t wait to check them out

20. Amanda says:

A big YES to Rosewood, a “will give it a shot” to The Grinder.

21. karen1228 says:

I think Rosewood sounds like a winner! I also like Rob Lowe so we might be 2 for 2!

22. Evelyn Houston says:

When I hear the name Rosewood, reminds me of massacre of African Americans in Fla. I might give show a chance, but name conjures up bad memories.

23. CactusRose says:

I would watch Rob Lowe in absolutely anything! Even his cable TV commercials were hilarious and fun to watch. (Still don’t know what he was advertising but he was awesome in them!) Hoping “Grinder” becomes a hit for him. A weekly dose of Rob Lowe is WAY better than any apple a day!

24. Kat says:

Ok so like a lot of people rosewood does sound like a role reversed bones. Except he is a pathologist not an anthropologist. Since I’m totally in love with bones I don’t know how feel about that. Secondly when I hear rosewood I think of the fictional town on pretty little liars.

25. Kelly says:

What is so “wildly different” about either of these series? Lawyers, cops and doctors. Swing and you hit a dozen.

26. Toni torocco says:

I just love this show but was very disappointed that it’s not on tonight because of the world series. I hope it’s back soon. My favorite show this season. Love rob lowe and it’s a very well cast show!

27. Rbroe says:

Love love love grandfathered and the grinder. Rosewood not do good.