The Flash Recap: Kneel Before Grodd — The 10 Most Bananas Moments

The Flash Versus Grodd

This week on The CW’s The Flash, things got hairy as Wells sicced Grodd on Central City — as if Barry didn’t have enough to deal with, now that Iris is aware of his secret identity and all!

All told, the emotional payoffs in this episode landed solidly, as Iris confronted the lying liars in her life. The Grodd sequences admittedly left me a bit cold, but maybe that’s just the immediate after taste of him being (temporarily) felled by the dumb luck of a passing train, versus any S.T.A.R. Labs ingenuity.

Here, some of the antepenultimate episode’s highlights:

IRIS SIMPLY SHOWS UP AT S.T.A.R. LABS to confront costumed Barry, who just a couple of scenes prior boldly withheld the truth from her, again. “Hi, Barry. Or should I say, The Flash?” (Or should you say: The secrets-filled S.T.A.R. Labs truly needs better security?

‘I. AM. GRODD,’ utters General Eiling, locked up in the Pipeline after being unmasked as the man behind an attempted heist. Turns out, Grodd got inside Eiling’s head, using telepathic powers that got suped-up by the particle accelerator explosion. (Why the gorilla guided him to steal gold bars… we do not know.)

‘GRODD. HATE. BANANA,’ the supersmart, supersavvy beats snarls at Joe, who offered up the snack after being captured down in the sewers. Profile much, officer?

‘YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT EVERYTHING,’ Iris points out as she and Barry continue their heated conversation from earlier. Barry, though, counters that Iris lied to him, too, when she claimed at Christmas that she didn’t share his more-than-friends feelings. Not the strongest, most proportional reasoning, but we’ll allow it. (Barry has a big gorilla to chase down and all.)

EOBARD DROPS MANY TRUTH BOMBS about the Thawne family line and Eddie’s measly, all-but-forgotten place in it. Not only does he not turn into a “captain of industry” or the like, but his cop career is uneventful “and you don’t even get the girl,” Eddie’s captor taunts, showing off Iris’ 2024 newspaper byline.

THE FLASH’S SUPERSONIC PUNCH lands with a whimper, when Grodd intercepts the jab and proceeds to toss Barry around like a rag doll. Good thing that second train happened to randomly come by a few minutes later, just as Grodd was leaping at Barry!

FAMILY TIES ARE RESTORED when Iris visits her father in the hospital, where he is nursing several ribs broken by Grodd. As an emotional Joe explains that he kept the secrets he did out of great love for his little girl, she sweetly counters that if he loves her so much, he must trust her with the truth from now on.

YOU WERE WITH ME EVERY SINGLE DAY of the past year, Barry professes to Iris, the very thought of her buoying him through this wild and crazy time, even if she didn’t realize it — a fact crystalized by her ability to talk him out of his Grodd-induced stupor in the sewers. As for Iris’ true feelings for him…? Let’s talk about that after Eddie is found, she indicates.

‘ACTUALLY, THE FOUR OF US,’ Caitlin corrects Barry as they hail their prowess as a Wells-less crimefighting team, including Iris and the reporter’s own skill set in the mix.

WELLS ‘HAS THE KEY’ — “To what?,” Eddie asks. And as the coda comes to a close, we see Wells insert the glowing cylindrical thingamabob into some hidden “keyhole” and light up a long tunnel (the particle accelerator?) that will take him… “home.”

What was your favorite part of this week’s episode?

1. Shelley says:

Good review thanks. I feel the same about Grodd. Poor Eddie. Poor Joe. Poor Barry. Barry coming clean gets Iris wrath. Give her time. She’ll be a new member.

2. @tvneuroepi says:

Regarding the gold bars, Wells could have instructed Grodd to use Eiling as bait. Team Flash would be alerted to the robbery and Wells assumes they’re smart enough to track Grodd?

3. April says:

I really dislike Iris. Funny cause she’s always been great in the comics. The writing of Iris and the acting on this show is just “off” its sad when Barry has more chemistry with Caitlin then with his future wife. I’m beginning to gravitate towards the Barry/Caitlin ship every week.

• Kyrah says:

Chemistry is subjective. I see tons of it between Barry and Iris and so does a huge westallen fanbase.

• Phlash12 says:

we-stallen?

• Christina says:

Agreed here. While I believe they have awesome chemistry and are obviously endgame and truly do bring a great dynamic together, it’s not her character that is lacking but THE WRITING OF HER CHARACTER. I think they are trying to create angst but it is not always perceived that way sometime and I can say that loving her character. I think once they actually stop with this pukefest of a triangle that really isn’t a triangle but two people in love and one with two men then it will flow better. And for those throwing shade about her anger given the circumstances, heed that it was not unreasonable. Some of the things that were happening WAS because they kept her out of the loop so much and only when she is clued in, on her own btw, does she freak because she hasn’t had the chance to acclimate. Simply put, you’re harsh when you’re mad but when you said ” after Eddie” I side eyed because every two step forward is one step back. I don’t mind slow burn but stop the dramatics that don’t even seem plausible. Eddie obviously is going to break it off with Iris or die, either way that obstacle I can see removed because I still believe he was a red herring the entire series. I simply annoy even imagine him as a villian. It’s almost comical.

• meka3000 says:

There’s also a fan base that tries to pass off joker and Harley as cute, and NOT abusive, so what’s your point?

• Tai says:

I struggle with liking her. I really do. Even in this episode. I understood where she was coming from but sometimes it felt like she was throwing temper tantrums when there were much bigger issues at hand that needed to be dealt with. I don’t know. I just don’t think I was meant to be an Iris fan. Love the actress but really can’t connect with the character.

• Sil says:

Agreed. I understand her hurt for being lied to, but, all that was going on, life and death stuff, Iris still blames Barry. Not caring for her right now. Yes, there is chemistry, but, her own issues superseded what the immediate need was. Not really sympathizing with Iris character right now.

• U telling jokes now i much prefer Barry/Iris over even the so called hot chemistry Olicity has

• Me says:

Please. Just Stop. You can’t even hide it. Keep gravitating toward a fantasy.

• Emily says:

You’re gravitating towards another ship based on… Caitlin being in love with Ronnie and Barry being in love Iris? I don’t even get it.

At least point, Iris haters honestly feel like a parody of themselves. Iris was angry at Barry and Joe but she put aside her feelings and helped them fight Grodd. She was pissed as hell at Barry, but it was HER voice that guided him through that fight. She forgave Joe and Barry, and even told Barry she had feelings for him that she’d deal with when Eddie came back. What more do you want from her?

4. Drew says:

Good episode. I did keep wondering why nobody realized that Wells can’t kill Eddie. He needs Eddie for his own existence… With Rip Hunter coming into play, I’m wondering how much of Eddie’s history Eobard actually knows. With the proper precautions taken, Eddie could look super boring while actually making a big difference in the world.

• Drew says:

Also, did anyone else notice a slight hesitation in Iris when she was saying “My father isn’t some metahuman with super powers”? I almost thought that she was going to make a comment about metahuman freaks or something, and it would have actually felt natural for her to say it at that moment. But if they went there (even in that super tense moment), I guess it would be hard to come back from that.

5. Skittles&Bits says:

A very, very solid episode for Candice Patton/Iris West. She came through. I loved her scenes with Barry. Then again, Grant Gustin’s just got a way of connecting with anyone he’s on screen with; he emotes so, so well. I’m rather enjoying the slow burn of the WestAllen courtship. I feel bad for Eddie though. I get the feeling Eobard’s setting his great-great-great-whatever up to become a baddie; if Eddie feels like he’s “a failure” as he is and when he, assumably, returns to Iris and sees how budd-buddy she is with Barry/the Flash, Eobard’s subtle manipulation may tip him over the edge and turn him against the team. Not looking forward to that.

6. keenen says:

Finally chemistry between Barry and Iris, not Iris and the Flash. Maybe the rooftop brings out the best in them. Really tired of the “love triangle” aspect, and the idea that even after knowing who Wells is and what he is capable of, they are still in Star Labs using that equipment.

Why did the General want the money? Did they explain that?

• Me says:

The rooftop brings out the best in Barry. This was the first time HE was as confident as himself as he is as the Flash. There has been no triangle. We have seen minimal Iris/Flash contact. It’s been 90% Barry/Iris. She chose Eddie, so there was no triangle there either. She was not acknowledging her feelings.

7. Keyonna Tisdale says:

This episode was amazing all around, but i especially loved Iris finally being incorporated into the A plot.

8. Parth says:

Wells Has the “KEY” – he inserts that tube thing into a hidden hole and it lights up the pipeline right? The Atom smasher – the ring of S.T.A.R. Labs. I think Wells wants to start it again.

9. Lucy says:

I absolutely love Iris and I’m so happy that she’s finally getting a chance to shine. Hopefully this episode is the first of many that allows her to use her skills to help Team Flash. I like how she’s developing into the iconic character I know and love. I also really like how the writers handled her confronting Barry, Joe and even Caitlin. Kudos to Candice for her gentle demand for the truth from Caitlin, and her more fiery confrontations with Barry and Joe. The range she displayed today really proved why she was cast as the female lead. I look forward to what the rest of the season will bring. Also, how much fun is Tom Cavanagh having playing Eobard? I know he’s the villain but Tom makes him fun to watch.

• MiaB says:

I agree wholeheartedly. Candice didn’t get much opportunity to shine until now. I really felt the chemistry between Iris and Barry now that she sees him for who he really is. And I’m really crazy about Tom Cavanagh’s Wells/Eobard Thawne. He’s a great actor.

10. James D says:

Good episode. I thought Iris was very strong in this eppy, she was pissed but she also admitted that she hasn’t been completely honest with Barry either which I liked. wasn’t feeling Grodd either. He is one of my all time favorite villains in the comics and this just felt like a disservice to him. by the looks of it Wells has another accelerator, I’m wondering if he will some how give Eddie speed-force and when Iris inevitably goes to Barry it will send Eddie over the edge and he will become the new Reverse-Flash. why else would they name him Thawne, it can’t seriously be just as a bait and switch.

11. abz says:

When Joe tried to hand Grodd the banana, I about died from laughing. This was a good episode. I’m glad it doesn’t seem like they are prolonguing the Iris being mad at everyone storyline for multiple episodes. Her reaction was natural and fine, just didn’t want it to go on too long.

12. Jim says:

The Grodd fight made sense to me. It would have been disappointing if they stopped him in 1 episode. Just like the comics, sometimes the good guys only barely escape the major villains by dumb luck…..if they can be so easily dispatched, then they aren’t much more than minor league bad guys.

13. abz says:

Also, I’m not familiar with the comics so can someone explain to me the Eobard/Eddie Thawne connection because I’m finding it a bit confusing given the time travel aspect. How exactly are they related?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Eddie, I believe, is strictly a TV creation — only Eobard exists in the comics — so their relation has yet to be delineated.

• Rawles Marie says:

Eddie Thawne isn’t a comics character, but most people think he fits the profile of MALCOLM Thawne who, in the comics, was Eobard’s ancestor. Malcolm himself was actually Barry’s long lost twin brother (yes, really) raised by unpleasant and abusive criminals. Upon discovering Barry as an adult, he became obsessively jealous of Barry’s far superior life. He ultimately becomes a villain called Cobalt Blue and that long line of Thawnes Eobard refers to was in an endless feud with the long line of Allens descending from Barry and Iris.

• Chris G. says:

In the comic, Malcolm Thawne is the long-lost twin brother of Barry Allen. After learning the truth of his relationship to Barry and that Barry is the Flash, Malcolm goes on to become a villain by the name of Cobalt Blue and vows to destroy the legacy of the Flash. Eobard Thawne is a descendant of Malcom. I think that Eddie Thawne is the shows attempt at creating the legacy of the Reverse Flash and will use the doomed relationship of Eddie/Iris to create the hatred that the Thawne’s have for the Allen’s throughout multiple generations, leading up to Eobard finally taking up the mantle of the Reverse Flash (Professor Zoom).

14. Chris says:

How can Grodd look so good but Once Upon a Time still needs work on their special effects after being on air for three season? Grodd looked really good for TV. CW is doing their thang.

• Tai says:

I’ve been wondering how The Flash looks so much better since Firestorm first appeared. Once Upon a Time really needs to step their special effects budget up. Or work on their effects maybe.

• Humble Frank says:

Once Upon a Time is a fairy tale so I have no trouble accepting their not so perfect special effects. The Flash while based on a comic book is still set more in the so-called “Real World” and demands more realistic special effects. Grodd did look great.

• Drew says:

The Flash team knows how to mask any weaknesses in their CG work. Grodd was seen in dark locations, which helped sell the animation. The show usually does really well in that regard.
      Once Upon a Time ignores their limitations and doesn’t bother trying to sell the animation… It is a very poorly made show, which is weird considering who makes it and who airs it.

15. Karen MT says:

We were discussing the lack of security too. It seems like everyone and their grandma could just waltz on in.

16. TVPeong says:

Excellent work by Candace Patton, those Iris scenes were great!

17. m3rcnate says:

SOOOOOOOOOOO tired of characters walking into supposedly very secure locked buildings. People walking into the Arrow cave like there’s a big neon sign saying “ARROW CAVE ENTRANCE HERE! PASSCODE IS: “FELICITY” and same for S.T.A.R. labs on The Flash. Annoying. Lame and lazy plot device.
    Also bad writing: Joe hesitating shooting the gold-thief after he shot to kill at least 3 police offers and killed 3 security guards? Ummm no. Joe would be emptying his mag into the assailant, especially given the fact he is armorer. There’s no law or rule that the perp has to be aiming his barrel at you for you (a cop) to fire your gun.
    How Joe reacted is how you’d hope a cop would react to a pre-teen with a gun or in the comic book world a good guy who’s being mind controlled with a gun. Then the hesitation has merit.
    I liked Grodd’s CGI, pretty good for TV, the actor who plays Joe did a great job acting against nothing in the sewers.
    Still, overall Flash is still whopping Arrow in the fun to watch department. Caitlin and Cisco and Joe and even Iris (usually the unknowning whiny love triangle character is the worst, ie Laurel) are all a blast to watch develop as characters, their lines are written well. Digging it a lot.

• Paulina says:

Agree with that part of the security thing. But, i think this time it was a mistake or just a easy way out to impress you with iris knowing the true. But, do you remember that in the shapeshifter episode there was an alarm went off while iris was un the elevator?

• m3rcnate says:

Exactly they write only for their plot, they think of what they want first then lazily write to match it. They dont want Iris to get to the Lab? The building has an alarm when someone is coming up the elevator…they do want Iris to get to the Lab? No alarms, no locks, no codes needed, she just walks right in like its a 24/7 Mcdonalds. Its lazy, its bad writing, and its lame.
        Another example is running while in clothing. The show established (mainly to have the scene where Felicity’s shirt is on fire and she has to take it off) that if he runs in regular shoes they will melt and if he runs in regular clothing it will burn. The show also established if he takes someone with him while running who’s in regular clothing it will burn.
        Yet time and time again the show shows him running in normal clothes, running carrying people and their clothes are 100% fine.
        Whats worse than lazy poor writing? Lazy writers who dont even stick to the established rules THEY established/created in their own shows universe.
        This show needs a big white board with all of the rules and things they have established over the course of the series so they can stick to it, basically a “Flash Bible”. Got a character you need getting into STAR Labs? Earlier in the episode show Cisco accidentally turning off the security system or leaving the front door unlocked or mentioning the cameras are down and he is gonna fix them. Its not THAT hard.

18. Jackson says:

So that moment at the end when Wells/Eobard inserts “the Key” into what is probably the particle accelerator… Does this mean we’ll get a second explosion at the end of the Season??

Could explain how Eddie will get his Thawne family mandated super-speed and how Firestorm remains around even though Stein is apparently going off to join the Ray Palmer Super Friends?

19. Ryan says:

Iris confronting Barry would have been interesting, if it wasn’t overshadowed by the ridiculous lack of security in a their base…especially after learning they had a traitor with access.

• Me says:

Actually, Iris probably had a pass since she used to visit Barry there when he was in a coma. As far as a traitor, I’m sure Wells could find a way around, or better said, THROUGH any security.

20. Kat says:

I loved tonight’s episode. Grodd was huge, scary and telepathic creepy. When I read that the actors are imagining Grodd when performing, I was just amazed at their performances, especially Jesse. Also, how awesome was Candice? Amazing what she can do with a decent script. Iris hasn’t had a Harrison Wells to spoon feed her the solution to every problem like the S.T.A.R. Lab team. She figures things out on her own and even tonight used ‘think on your feet’ problem solving to save Barry. I am glad that Iris and Barry will end up together. It’s an iconic comic book match and this is one of the many elements of the comic book that shouldn’t change.

21. Aura says:

Your reviews are so spot on and i like the slight comedic injection. I feel bad for Eddie, Eodard really rubbed that salt in the wound by showing him that by-line. I was happy that Joe and Iris finally had honest conversations, and hopefully we get to see more of that relationship in season 2. Barry and Iris were everything, I really wanted her to go all out on him, but with the circumstances I get why she was able to forgive so quickly all their scenes were handled beautifully imo, and she is finallllllly in and helping the team (been waiting for that moment for ages) praise jesus. Now GRODD! what a beast, (Joe I cant even be mad at you i would have pooed my pants if he were snarling at me), he will be an amazing villain in season 2 and props to the CGI team they did a great job, and finally Mr Eobard AKA RF I want this man to die so bad, but then Tom C comes and kills me with all his villainous genius and I m just conflicted. All in all an amazing episode with I thoroughly enjoyed I really don’t know what to expect for the finale now, so many possibilities and I cant wait

22. Trish says:

Irisssssssssss finally baby girl you were brilliant in this episode, so glad you are finally part of team flash, really enjoyed all your moments with Barry and Joe and I am really happy that the writers didn’t have you be mad at them for to long they were dead wrong to lie but the reveal was handled well. As for Star Labs, you guys need to work on your security. Grodd was amazing an menacing just like his father EOBARD, now Eddie I don’t know what to say, you seem like a good guy, but from day one your surname always made me weary of you, I don’t know what plans Eobard has for his ancestor but it doesn’t look good. Onwards we go to the finale, and more big reveals I am guessing. Last note please don’t drag out this whole Iris and conflicting feelings arc, we all know she is in love with Barry but loves Eddie, have her and Eddie break up civilly and let her start season 2 single and getting on with being a bad ass reporter, she and Barry can then find their way back to each other. I can’t deal with another show centered on a love triangle, please resist the urge writers

23. You know I thought Iris finding out would redeem her but instead she ruined an otherwise fun episode for me. Ugh.

24. dancmh says:

Everytime Iris was on screen I was thinking, “Wasting time that could have went to Grodd.” And for God’s sake, go to Home freaking Depot and buy a lock for that front door already.

• MiaB says:

Oh please. The Grodd scenes were the most boring of the episode. They were trying way too hard.

• Ray says:

I agree! I’d rather watch Iris than Grodd!

• herman1959 says:

Ditto; I felt like I’d only seen half an episode since I was here for Iris an Barry but could not care less about Grodd. Also, what a waste of Clancy Brown’s talents. The Grodd scenes were a valentine to the comic book fans, so I guess it had to be done. On to next week!

• Kevin says:

It was the opposite for me. I was looking forward to Grodd, but the Iris scenes were actually more interesting than Grodd.

25. Paulina says:

You know, about the iris’ entrance to the stars labs. On the shapeshifter episode, there was an alarm that went off when iris was in the elevator, so catilin knew who was coming. Now looks that somone forgot that just as easy way out. And that left the scene not that jaw dropping because it was a mistake

26. Pat says:

I just love the character of Barry/Flash. My favorite part of the episode was when Iris took over and talked to Barry to get up and fight Grodd. I know that they will eventually be together, but for some reason this sealed it for me because her voice broke through the Grodd’s mind control over Barry. I really felt so sorry for Joe, because he looked so broken and sounded it to when Barry finally found him in the tunnel and just the way Joe said to him to get me out of here was just so heartbreaking. Two more episodes left for this season and now all I want is summer to fly by quickly.

27. onelastemperor says:

The ep should’ve started with………My name is Iris West. And I am the stupidest woman alive.

• Emily says:

Why would the episode start with blatant lies when Iris has proven herself to be intelligent and efficient?

• Bibi says:

The whole episode wouldn’t have been possible without Iris. She’s the one who found Grodd’s location.

• Brigid says:

Yes, everything is easy to understand when you’re in on the secret. Iris is in no way dumb, she believed the people who love her. Hindsight is 20/20.

• herman1959 says:

Ooh, you must be one of the “haters” Candace mentioned in her interview.

28. Ash says:

The chemistry between Barry and Iris is utterly amazing. The way she made Barry brave and strong enough to fight Grodd was breathtaking because it was only her voice. She’s clearly Barry’s anchor and I admire that so much because she’s such a well developed character, who has reasons and intentions for all that she does, she never backs down and when she wants something, she’ll figure out a way to get it. I love Iris so much.

29. Jenn says:

What about the ending? Grodd looks like he’s jumping from a building TOWARD Barry and Iris on the Bridge? Or was that just me?

30. Prettycitie says:

Finally we see iris emotions towards Barry. but, mostly we get to feel the feeling iris has and alway will have for Barry. My babies! Putting iris in with the Scooby Doo gang was the best move the flash writer have done. Seriously I could not do the Smallville thing again. I don’t think anything will not lead Barry and iris back together no matter how the future changes its alway been Barry& iris until the end of time…..even that couldn’t stop them…, sighting

31. Gerald says:

Glad you pointed out the lack of Security at Star Labs and the awefully fast moving train on the same track less than a minute after the last train.
    But overall a great episode.

32. Emily says:

LOL, the Barry and Iris scene hurt my heart but I cracked up a little when Barry tried to use her feelings against her. A for effort, Barry.

Anyway, the episode was amazing and I’m so happy Iris is finally part of the team!

33. Kevin says:

Iris was so good in this episode. Loved that she didn’t let Joe and Barry off that hook so easily, but by the end she knew the two most important people in her life are Barry and Joe and staying mad at them wasn’t worth it.

34. Alyssa says:

I really liked that Iris found out Barry was the Flash through the spark last episode, and seeing her confront Barry and Joe about the lies was so satisfying! Candice Patton played Iris’ hurt, disappointment, and feelings of betrayal so well. If I was Iris, I would be tremendously hurt as well that the people I loved and trusted the most chose to lie and gaslight me about something of such monumental importantance for months. It was so great to see Iris become integrated into Team Flash. When I saw the sparks last episode I had a feeling it was going to relate to Iris being Barry’s anchor, and I’m glad that they confirmed that this episode.

35. Kendall says:

Hallelujah. Thank God Iris knows what’s going on. She’s my favourite character on the show after Cisco, and the misogyny involved in keeping her in the dark was testing the limits of my comprehension.

As for the people who thought that Iris was annoying, I suspect that you people already found her annoying, and you will use any and every excuse to pour scorn on her. Iris handled the fact that these people who she trusts above all, lied to her over and over again really maturely. I dare say that some of the people calling her annoying on here have probably thrown massive hissy fits over much less important things. Every time I read “I don’t like Iris but I don’t know why, even though I loved her in the comics” my eyebrows raise all the way to heaven, especially when the following sentence is about how much better Caitlin is for Barry. Some of you people will never accept Candice Patton as Iris West and that’s your business, but know that some of us see right through you.

Anyway, that was an excellent episode, and everybody played their part brilliantly. I can’t wait until next week!

• JLB says:

No excuses, she’s just really annoying. I can look past the pretty exterior and see what a nag she is unlike some fanboys here. And people keep saying how smart and talented she is but I don’t see either of those traits in her.

36. Bibi says:

This episode was surprisingly good! It hit all the points that needed to be made. It was finally shown how great of an asset Iris can be. She was also able to confront Barry and Joe, while actively being involved in helping out the team. Candice Patton was definitely the highlight of this episode.

The Grodd scenes were also pretty well done! I was expecting crappy CGI

37. Bibi says:

This episode was surprisingly good! It hit all the points that needed to be made. It was finally shown how great of an asset Iris can be for the team. She was able to properly confront both Barry and Joe, while actively helping out the team. Candice Patton was definitely the highlight of the episode for me.

The Grodd scenes were also pretty well done! I was expecting crappy CGI, but it was actually better than I expected.

38. Uniqke says:

What an episode! Candice really rocked and stood out in this episode. I’m glad that she finally knows and is becoming part of Team Flash!. I loved the way Iris confronted Barry and Joe and let them know how hurt she was by the secret. That rooftop scene was everything! The Grodd stuff was ok not as exciting as the Reverse Flash. Hopefully next time we see Grodd it will be little more interesting. Grodd was not bad it just didn’t have the WOW factor for me. I can’t wait for the final 2 episodes!

39. Claire says:

Woah with some of these ridiculous comments. I swear, Iris could rescue a basket of puppies from a burning building and people would still criticize her for it, Iris has done nothing to deserve peoples hate.

40. Datya says:

Anyone catch what Barry said as he yanked himself out of Grodd’s mind control?
    Matt, I don’t think it was luck that the train hit Grodd, the Flash intentionally stood there knowing the train would hit… and I think you should start listing Cisco’s awesome pop-culture references. ROUS = The Princess Bride shoutout!!

41. mtmslg says:

I know it’s based on a comic, but c’mon . . . A telepathic gorilla?? Did this show just jump the . . . gorilla? Just stupid.

42. libra113 says:

Well Grodd sent Eling to steal the gold bars as a distraction. That was the only point of Elings actions as a decoy.

43. Sheyla Lopez says:

Those who dislike Iris need to reevaluate all the scenes she’s been in thus far because she has done NOTHING to deserve this level of dislike/hate. She will be a great asset to the team and she will become the reporter we all know and love, it’ll just take her time to get their naturally (the creators have mentioned this).

This episode was great, like always.

44. Rich says:

Hey Matt, here’s a question for you. With Wells gone, how do Kaitlyn and Cisco pay the bills for Star Labs?

• libra113 says:

Personally, I think it will be like how they afford to pay to feed the people in the pipeline (much less the other issues that brings up), they will ignore it.

For that matter Oliver Queen is SUPPOSED to be broke so how does he pay for….anything? I guess he’s sponging off Thea since she has money from Merlin. :)

• libra113 says:

Nearly forgot my serious idea: why don’t they start taking contracts and trying to rebuild S.T.A.R. Lab’s shattered reputation?

45. Sunflower says:

As of last night FLASH has been taken off my favorites list. I find Iris the most boring person on any series. The story line between her and Barry is annoying to put it mildly. So farewell to this series unless they change the story line.

46. Melinda says:

This was a great episode. I am happy that Iris has joined the Flash team. Iris is a great asset to the team. Iris is Barry’s anchor. If it wasn’t for her, Barry wouldn’t have been able to survive. Iris is amazing and important to the Flash mythos. Kudos for great performances by Candice and Grant. They have the best chemistry. Candice is truly making us Iris West fans happy with her portrayal of such an iconic character.

47. Maa9768 says:

Loved the last episode but I can’t wait for Westallen to be together!