Exclusive

The Good Wife Finale Mystery: Who's at Alicia's Door Now?!

Loading video...

The Good Wife is setting up a familiar cliffhanger, one that can be summed up in the following five words: “Who’s behind door No. 903?”

In this exclusive extended promo for next week’s Season 6 finale, Alicia opens her apartment door and finds a seemingly unexpected visitor on the other side. The riddle is eerily reminiscent of the CBS drama’s Season 4 finale, in which Alicia was shocked to find future business partner Cary — and not unrequited love Will — making a surprise house call.

The 30-second spot also teases turning points between Alicia and the two men in her life (husband Peter and lust interest Finn) before dramatically stressing that those developments are “nothing compared to who is behind this door.”

So, who’s Alicia’s mystery guest? Watch the above clip, vote in the poll below and then hit the comments with your thoughts/fears/predictions about next Sunday’s closer.

1. Sarah says:

Her son.

2. Hayes says:

It’s Kalinda. Who else would it be??

• ZacheryD says:

a CGI Kalinda, since they can’t film a scene together

• Fan says:

Kalinda is done and off the show. That was announced a while ago. Unless it’s Will (and it’s not), it’s not nearly going to be as dramatic as the coming attractions made it seem to be. I’m going with Johnny, the campaign manager.

3. xx says:

Funny, it reminded me of the season 3 finale when someone knocked on *Kalinda’s* door.
    Who else would be a big deal? Bishop?

4. Kris says:

Johnny??

5. Gabriel Anthony says:

Barack Obama

6. Lili says:

If it’s not Kalinda, I quit.

• Fan says:

At first I was thinking no chance because it’s well established publicly that she left the show for good. However, I did just read the article that said she’s coming back for the finale so I guess it makes sense. Personally, I haven’t loved the show since Josh Charles left.

• Marvin says:

Feeling exactly the same. I almost stopped caring about what happens to the characters since Will Gardner died.

7. Kate says:

Well, considering it really played up the “I don’t have friends, and I don’t know why” line before/while focusing on who’s behind the door, I’m guessing Kalinda.

8. Ginger Snap says:

Ah, I wish I could say I care who’s behind that door.

9. Carol says:

Who cares who is behind the door since it will still be all about Alicia? This show has gotten repetitive. How many times is Alicia going to start a law firm or find evidence at the last minute to win her cases?

Why didn’t Alicia buy a basic desk for her home office? That was so silly. If she has enough money to take only cases she believes in for her new firm then get a damn desk.

The show has turned into a narcissistic ode to Saint Alicia ever since Julianne became an EP.

• Ange says:

Well being that Alicia is “The Good Wife” I think it’s supposed to be all about her. As far as the door desk, it looks like it started as a project to keep her occupied and turned into a desk once she decided to take that case.

Goodness – complain much???

• lkh says:

So many times that I’ve made a desk out of a door–but generally, I do take off the hinges and knob.

• cp1945 says:

Did you notice the show is called The Good Wife? Of course it’s all about Alicia. Since she was making changes in her life at a rapid clip, I’ll forgive her for not running right out to Office Depot.

• David says:

Wow. What silly retorts here. Shows HAVE to be about more than ONE character regardless of the name of the show. The show lost it’s luster when it killed off Will. Has not been the same since. Probably because the show runners lost site of the fact that this show is an ENSEMBLE. They lost site of that.

• Erik says:

I’m not sure they lost “sight” of anything. Ensemble maybe, but the show is called the Good Wife and she’s the good wife, complaining that you see the star too much in her own show, is a silly complaint.

10. Ange says:

Zach – remember he is coming home tomorrow night.

11. Rico S. says:

It’s probably Lester, Bishop’s lawyer.

12. Marc says:

Wasn’t Canning in the previews after last’s week’s episode? And, looking rather fit. I don’t think he’s at the door, though.

13. Charlie says:

Wouldn’t it be great if it were Will?

• Baileigh says:

I can’t even begin to describe how happy that would make me. However, then the question becomes are we looking at an entire season of “Which firm is Will going to join?” Which really becomes a Diane vs Alicia scenario. That is if he hasn’t been working with the Feds to bring Peter down for corruption.
      Oh, what am I thinking it won’t be Will so all of that is a mute point.

14. Eurydice says:

It’s Will’s twin brother.

15. Leslie says:

It’s Kalinda. Or at least it better be. We were promised a Kalinda/Alicia-centric finale! I would love to see Alicia having a law firm with Flinn but not a fling. I’m not buying that chemistry.

• Tammy says:

I’ve been hoping they would hook up for two seasons now. But I like that’s it didn’t happen that quick. I’m all for Finn.

• Becky says:

They did not promise a Kalinda/Alicia-centric finale. They said there would be a scene with those two.

16. anne says:

I want to say kalinda but it seems weird that she was JUST there last week and missed Alicia and then she would show up again, kind of makes the note she left pointless.

Its probably Zach but why doesn’t he have keys?

17. rowan77 says:

Def Kalinda. She’s supposed to have left town. The look on Alicia’s face is not one of pleasant surprise. If it was Finn or Zack she would be happier.

18. Connie Ogden says:

Louis. Last week they had a short promo on how he is at the Lawfirm of Lockhart/argos and threatening to sue them all. Also, he has always wanted Alicia to join his law firm. And while she may not like him, I think she always kind of had a sort of respect and feeling sorry for him. Plus, it would make sense, now that she wants to start another firm again. Her and Finn could join Louis, he dies off and leaves her with the entire firm and she would go against Lockhard / Argos all the time, considering how crappy they have treated her.

19. Scott21 says:

I think it’s Zack with a surprise

20. fiona says:

Really hope its Johnny! haha but I’m pretty sure its Kalinda…or maybe Will if TGW is starting to go towards some soap opera direction.

21. Claire says:

She would have been much happier to see her son. I think it’s police officers with bad news. Someone has been in an accident.

• Devon says:

Yes! I immediately thought– it’s cops.

• rockgolf says:

Of course! Peter was killed in a car accident after helping victims of an earlier accident.

It all makes sense now!

• bootsnchaps says:

Her son. He’s largely been written out so this would be a way to wrap that up.

• robandco says:

Yep, that is my guess too. Plus with Alicia living up in a big building, we would not see the flashing police lights from outside (like we did in Grey’s Anatomy a week ago) so they can build up the whole “who’s behind the door” thing to attract viewers.
      I hope it is not Zach though. And not Kalinda, because I like to think her character is smart enough not to get caught by the police and not end up dead. Peter would be meh but AT LEAST it would open the way for Finn and Alicia to ignite those sparks (and no “big” time jump needed since her marriage has been over for a long time IMO.

22. Sunny says:

It’s Johnny. He’s pregnant with their child.

23. No surprises says:

Zach…with a baby.
    But if that happens i will give up on the show.

24. dman6015 says:

It has to be Kalinda. If you believe the nonsense from the Kings, they’ve kept Alicia and Kalinda apart for three years leading up to this moment. Yeah, right. The only shock will be if they’re both in the scene at the same time. Margulies and Panjabi obviously had a falling out three years ago, and Margulies tolerated her being on the show.

25. bootsnchaps says:

Will. He’s been in witness protection.

26. bootsnchaps says:

Could also be her brother or her mother in law.

27. handsatlanta says:

Harvey Specter

28. Stefan says:

Hahaha, some of the comments here made me laugh way too hard. Come on, it’s not Will in any form, TGW is not that show… Kalinda is the obvious answer, but I don’t know, there’s something off. I kinda feel it may be police as well. Something may have happened. To Peter perhaps? After the argument they will obviously have. Or to Zack – seems probable as well.

• Julia says:

I tend to think Zach got in an accident or something since he was going to come home tomorrow. That will probably create more drama between Alicia and Peter and bring up the topic of divorce, etc.

29. leo w kraft says:

R.D. played by Oliver Platt would be both unexpected and illogical and therefore has my vote.

30. gortezy says:

It’s McDreamy!

31. Eduardo says:

The cops because Zach killes someone accidentally

32. Ro says:

Could it be Robyn? She’s been AWOL.

33. Candace Barr says:

Zack with a pregnant girlfriend

34. Jammy says:

WILL.

35. Janet says:

Their son.

36. Becky says:

She is not happy to see this visitor. I think it’s Lemond Bishop trying to find out where Kalinda is.

37. KeithH says:

It’s Dr. Ross in search of nurse Hathaway…

38. kg says:

My guess it’s Zack holding the new baby he had with the Kalinda replacement who kind of fell off the grid when she realized she was pregnant with Zack’s baby.

39. Jerry says:

Yet another pointless episode. So disappointing.

40. Jeremey says:

It would be an odd choice to give Alicia another devastating blow so soon after resigning her position and then being forced out of her own law firm.
    I think it will be Kalinda saying goodbye. The show throwing people a bone.

Still, very disappointed certain actors couldn’t set aside their differences behind the scenes to make a good show and couldn’t even share scenes with one another for several seasons.
    It makes the involved parties seem so immature and unprofessional.

41. Luis says:

Eli, asking if she wants to run for President?

42. Aisha says:

Kalinda definitely but I’m more interested in what Peter thinks Alicia thinks he cannot walk away from

• gortezy says:

Me too. Is it the marriage? The governatoship? Is there another scandal? In another sneak peek Peter was holding Alicia’s hand and said “You’ll stand by me?!”

43. OutOfSync says:

Colin Sweeney with Leamond Bishop’s head on a stake

44. Citygirl says:

This is a no brainer: It’s Kalinda. It has already been said that she will appear in the finale.

45. Brent Edmonds says:

This show is Skitso.. I only half watch it now and wife has moved on to other shows. I am bemused by their silly sideline stories and 180 degree shifts in the narrative.. Alicia shaving down an old door to be a desktop for her makeshift home office, and now she is working a case pro bono, mind you, last week she was seated in the Attorney General’s office.. oh and her Biography is on the top of her list too.. .. like what is she going to spill the guts on screwing Will .. she hasnt dont anything else of any consequence except be the suffering wife.. didnt earlier episodes claim her dragging $400K from Lockheart, Gardner and Florrick? .. Presto chango.. so she is sitting at home clock watching and drinking.. I went back to my Sunday reading… laughable.. one more season for this one.. my prediction..

46. Craig says:

I am hoping Alicia finally ends her marriage of convenience with Peter. Her political career is done why protect his?
    Also, she needs to make up with her son. Family is all that matters.

47. Pj says:

it’s obviously someone she is not at all happy to see. . look at her face.

48. aph1976 says:

From Alicia’s reaction it may not be someone she’s expecting to come to her home.So i’m wondering if it’s Louis and he offers her a partnership.Then next\season Alicia could be pitted against Diane and Cary.Plus Alicia could bring Finn into the law firm too.

49. Audrey says:

Why does it feel to me like Finn is saying goodbye in his part of the clip? Maybe it’s just knowing Matthew Goode has some Downton obligations next year, but something about it feels very bittersweet.

50. Brit A says:

It is Louis Canning (Michael J Fox). The episode is called ‘Wanna Partner?”, he has several times in previous seasons tried to get Alicia to work with him and in the promo that aired last week (in scenes not shown this week) he told Diane, Carey and David Lee he was going to destroy them (presumably for not taking Alicia back). Michael J Fox and the actress who plays his wife on the show are both in the cast for this episode and his wife will remember how Alicia is the only lawyer who visited Louis in hospital, so they will want to reach out to Alicia when she is down.