Exclusive

Pretty Little Liars Season 6 Promo: Charles' Twisted Game Turns Deadly

Loading video...

It’s appropriate that the Season 6 premiere of ABC Family’s Pretty Little Liars (June 2, 8/7c) is titled “Game on, Charles” because, as you’ll see in TVLine’s exclusive first look at the promo, the newly revealed “A” has only begun to play.

And because this alleges to be the “summer of answers,” allow me to pose a few questions for you to consider while you obsessively re-watch the 30-second teaser all weekend (unless that’s just me):

0:03 — How did Mona get separated from the herd?
0:10 — Is she “M”? If so, how is she sending the girls messages from wherever Charles is keeping her?
0:12 — Who is Toby pointing that thing at?
0:15 — Is that pizza or vomit?
0:19 — What inspired the return of Aria’s pink hair?
0:22 — If the girls do find a way out, would they really leave Mona behind?

Hit PLAY on the first Season 6 promo above — as if you haven’t already — then drop a comment with your best/craziest theories below.

1. Mr. Tran K says:

The season finale was a downer and I really think the upcoming season will do the same. PLL continues to “jump the shark” in more ways than one.

• abz says:

#SummerofAnswers. LOL Is the show trying to make us laugh?

• adria259 says:

Since season 7 is the final season, I think we are going to get a lot of answers the first half of season 6. (The second half is supposed to be the time jump, I think about 4 years actually.) I actually kind of knew that we weren’t going to get too many answers in the season 5 finale, since there are two seasons left, however, I did hope. I’m excited though for season 6!

• Christy says:

Wow, I felt the opposite. I was getting tired of the show and almost abandoned it but the last few episodes made me super interested again.

• Mz.Cutie says:

True… They keep on saying something is going to be revealed and nothing important gets revealed… Like off they reveal something they would say it them end the season… It’s just so irritating at times cuz you wanna know what’s gonna happen but then you still have faith that they would reveal more…

2. Heather says:

I CANT WAIT

3. My best theory but kind of not is, Charles will be so hoooot! Lol x

4. Gossip Girl says:

the girl in the yellow top who brings the food is not mona… its new one Dre Davis. she posted a photo of hers with the yellow top and a blonde long flat wig.

5. The Ravenswood spin off hurt this show conceptually. Since it established that ghosts are real, who is to say the dead girl’s ghost isn’t A?

6. Alice says:

I think Charles want to make everything be like before Ali was “kidnappde” so he color Arias hair pink again. I also think Mona realise something about Charles that he don’t want her to tell the other girls. But she is Mona so she can contact them.

7. Katie Thurston says:

I literally CANNOT wait for this new season because its already been too long of a wait for it like gosh!! haha but for real I can’t wait and it seems to just keep getting creepier and more scary as the time rolls on and at 0;18 TOBY IS WITH A!! CANT WAIT.

8. Milica says:

You wrote “0:10 is she M?” when talking about Mona and you just made me think. What if it`s not Mona, what if it`s Maya?? I don`t trust anyone anymore and you can`t convince me that she`s not actually dead, because they said the same thing for Mona AND we saw her body, so…. If it is Maya, I will be so happy.

• OMG u r so right!!! I was always thinking that Maya was alive, but I didn’t find any reason why writers would want to bring her back, since she wasn’t seen from 2×25…maybe she is kept in a secret room (like ,,A’s soul, where Spencer found that videotape with Jason and Charles), where she is forgotten by him/her, since ,,A” got that Maya’s bag in 3×12, and all she does there is sleep and eat, since ,,A” doesn’t need her anymore, but can’t let her go because then she will tell everything??? That’s my theory…

• Brittany Snow says:

There is a rumor that there is an episode that is supposed to be in 6B called “Maya-gestic rules” so this could very well be right.

• Nicole🍓 says:

Maya is alive. We saw her in the kosher fire- she was the one Toby was following. This doesn’t mean necessarily that she was the one who wrote that, but she is definately alive. My theory is that everyone who died (the people who’s body we never saw- like Maya’s) are in the dollhouse in the area that’s sealed up like a bank vault. But that’s just my thoughts- and I’m kinda hoping that they’re true.

9. Elaine says:

0:22 Please don’t leave me. To me it sounds like Alison instead of Mona actually :P

10. Natasha says:

Okay, my theory is that, Vharles or whoever is behind the black “A” costume is trying to relive all of the girls bad times. It does make sense because Mona seems like she is going crazy again, am I right? And also Aria had her pink hair when she saw her dad kiss Meradeth! It really all does make sense and I hope I’m not the only one that thought that!?

11. bri says:

the girl in yellow is Mona look at the socks in the begging and at the end

• alyssa says:

What if its Alison wearing the begging and the socks just because a told her to just to trick/mest with the girls?

12. Jose says:

I’m really excited!!! I’m wondering why Ali has short hair this season. Unless she cut her hair after she got out of jail or during her time in jail. The person who was giving spencer her food tray doesnt seem like it would be Mona or Ali. Her hair look much longer and thin, either cece is there or someone else is there with Charles.

13. How did Ali get there

14. i think that is alison who scream “please don’t leave me” so i think that the liars and mona will leave ali well i ho so cx

15. Angeliz says:

My theory is that Charles wants to create the night Allison disappeared his version of how it was suppose to be…in the first season of pll aria had pink hair freshman year…when she came back the games began…everyone was together except of course Allison because she was “dead” mona seems to be singing a lullaby and is in a place with dirt I think Charles didn’t want to kill her he just wanted to keep her “buried” to represent the girl that actually was buried who I believe will be the other girl who is not dead but is walking around with a yellow shirt. Charles brings Allison back because he wants to be with her alone to kill her but the girls save Allison and mona stays behind to sacrifice her self so she can be a “hero” but in reality wants to beat Charles game….I don’t know honestly but I’m just saying what I think there is lol

16. Alejandra says:

Gave me non-stop goosebumps for like an hour!! I can’t waaaiiitttt!!!!

17. megan says:

my goooooooooooood

18. barbara says:

i don’t think its a twin… i think its jason himself ..prob went cray cray ..everything we seen is hard to trust cause there is always something around the corner for the girl’s ..jason was always partying and didn’t remember much .. maybe that was a lie .. plus he was always leaving .. maybe its cause he was building the rooms the girls are trapped in now .. this is just a wild guess .. plus why would alison and jason not speak of the twin if its really really true!

• alyssa says:

What if they didn’t know or remember they had a twin I mean just a guess there’s always new coming weather it makes sense or not

• Pat says:

I agree. I think it is Jason, suffering from a split personality. But then what happened to the brother in the video? With this show, anything is possible! I am just excited to see season 6, even if it means PLL is coming to an end…. :-\

19. So excited can’t waittt….

20. Samuel says:

Reblogged this on Write a blog on a log, Sam I am and commented:
    I am excited only because I don’t know why I continue to watch this. LOL.

21. Israel says:

With the promo I believe thAt insteAd of MonA screAming don’t leAve it wAs Alison not MonA becAuse we see A in the promo see Alison thought the monitors in his lAir so it’s possible he let them go but just kept Alison And the they let Toby know where they were thAt’s why he is there looking for Alison And -A -A

22. i think charles forced aria to have the pink hair again, because thats what he sees classic aria as having

23. REBECCA NELLS says:

Now that the police knows, is this the last season?????

24. Nae-Lea says:

I have a possible theory, and that is has the thought ever crossed the mind that Charles is actually the son of Mr.D and not Mrs.D it could make sense especially when the writer said there might be a set of twins not that Jason is a twin. I reckon that Charles is the offspring of Mr.D and Tobys mother hence why ‘A’ went to great lengths in helping Toby find out how his mother really died in Radley. Also this theory makes it possible that if for instance Wern is ‘A’ aka Charles why he could freely be hooking up with both Spencer an Melissa without it getting all gross. 😄 Oh and it would explain the home video that is playing in the doll house and where Mrs.D only tells one of the boys to give his sister a kiss, that little boy being Jason.

25. lily says:

Wow, can’t wait

26. lily says:

Wow, can’t wait , it going to be better then ever before

27. Alice says:

I am soooo excited. i reckon charles takes mona when she is slightly behind the other girls at the part in the promo where charles is behind them all in the corridor.

28. Cory Monteith says:

MONA <3 <3

29. Melissa Sanchez says:

Kinda disappointed it was Charles. I wanted it to be someone we actually knew a lot about but at the same time I’m excited to know what was his motive and why.

30. leah higgins says:

A/charles is probably making the girls re-create the dress and hairstyles they had when alison disappeared. Like how he made mona into Alison or made them wear the prom dresses.

31. monalisakelly says:

I think that Charles is a girl and she’s the one wearing those clothes and I think Mona was captured cause she was behind the girls and Charles was behind her and I think Charles forced Aria to have pink hair again just my theory

32. 0:11 where is Hanna??? It’s her ,,room”!

33. Riana says:

I for one hope Aria keeps the pink hair. She looks so good with it. Her old style was so much better. I vote more fringe and less tie-skirts.

34. Maisie says:

what I don’t get is why the girls would leav mona?!

35. melissacu1 says:

OMG I cannot wait! It looks intense and fun and scary all at once! Love me some PLL!

36. Lizzi B says:

“Please dont leave me” actually sounded like Alison, not mona.

37. Sandie says:

Did anyone else notice the drastic change in Ali’s hair? She is still wearing the yellow top from when she was “murdered” but her hair is totally different….

38. We know Charles dreams of getting vengeance and retribution. He’s obviously recreating “that night” (hence Aria’s pink hair) to show the girls that they hit Bethany (probably just one of them, but Charles doesnt know who, and the other three just let it happen).They don’t remember it anymore, because they were completely drugged with sleeping pills (which prominent side effect is memory loss), so he wants to force them to remember by playing out scenarios of that day. Bethany could be A’s motive. Because let’s get real: A’s trying to kill the girls constantly and he wanted them all to get life in jail for murder, MURDER! This isn’t about high school bullying anymore or having a crappy childhood/family life! Charles believes the Liars took someone very, very close from him that night.
    Charles and Jason’s aren’t twins, they’re cousins. Charles is Bethany’s brother! No one else, would go THAT far with torturing six highschool girls and waste this much money + three years of his life for being A.

• Pat says:

Wow, I really like this idea! Well thought out and very plausible. Can’t wait to see if you’re right! :-)

• natalia says:

Wow I love this theory! This makes so much sence! God….. NOW I DEFINITELY CAN’T WAIT!

• Jessica says:

This makes a lot of since but, if Charles is doing this because his sister is Bethany, why was he sending “A” messages to Alison before she disappeared, before Bethany was killed? It all started with her. Just a thought. Other than that fact, this is a great theory!

39. adria259 says:

Reblogged this on Screens & Writers and commented:
    I’m so ready! I can’t wait!

40. Lia says:

SPOILERS BELOW

Season six will be the season of answered because Charles will be killed off in the second part of season 6 (6B). Season seven has a four year time gap and it’s set after the girls graduate from college. It’s basically about their life after A. It also only has 20 episodes.

41. Christy says:

SO EXCITED.

42. Julia says:

When Mona was kidnapped, why does she have Ali’s clothes on. It shows her in the yellow shirt and jeans Ali showed up in. I thought she was in a prom dress? They must have kidnapped Ali to:|

43. Olivia says:

I thought maybe A is trying to make it like before Alison left which would explain the hair- since Mona is ‘Alison’ maybe that is why she gets separated

44. Katie says:

Marlene King said in an interview that she and the writers didn’t know who Big A until the end of season 3. So, yes, season 4 was for answers: answer for Mona being A. Keegan Allen (Toby) said in a interview that Big A is more complex. It took the entire show to lay down the clues. Now that we know who Big A is, it’s time for some backstory. Keegan said season 6 will be backstory and season 7 will be why. Basically, during season 6 we’ll be given the information to, once again, make our own theories and then, come season 7, we’ll find out if we’re right.

45. Michelle says:

I can’t wait till season 6 start I feel like it is going to be a go season.

46. Michelle says:

I can’t wait till season 6 start I feel like it is going to be the best season.

47. Maggie says:

I saw A behind Mona

48. REBECCA PETHERAM says:

Charles’s
    Where is your editor?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

That is not our style, for denoting the possessive of a name ending in S. —The Editor at Large

49. Maggie says:

I think the girl who serves the food in the yellow shirt is Alison