Beauty and the Beast fans, The CW would like to remind you that patience is a virtue.
Season 3 of the Kristin Kreuk-Jay Ryan drama now will debut Thursday, June 11, at 8/7c, three weeks after its originally announced May 21 premiere date, the network said Friday.
Beast‘s third go-round will find Cat and Vincent focusing on their relationship, until it is tested by new threats, including a conspiracy that will force Vincent to — gulp — turn to the beast inside him.
As previously reported, The CW’s summer lineup also includes Penn and Teller: Fool Us and Whose Line Is It Anyway? (premiering July 6), Masters of Illusion (July 10), America’s Next Top Model (August 5) and new series Dates (July 9), Significant Mother (August 3) and A Wicked Offer (August 5).
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* Kenneth Choi (aka Sons of Anarchy‘s Henry Lin) has joined the cast of FX’s American Crime Story as Judge Lance Ito, our sister site Deadline reports. Ito, who presided over O.J. Simpson’s murder trial, made the historically controversial choice to allow cameras in his courtroom.
* FX has ordered Snowfall, a drama pilot from Oscar-nominated director John Singleton (Boyz n the Hood). The potential series follows three characters — a young street entrepreneur, a Mexican wrestler-turned-gangster and a prominent family’s “black sheep” son — as the crack cocaine epidemic takes over 1981 Los Angeles.
* Josh Randall (Ed) will recur on Cinemax’s upcoming drama series Quarry, based on the novels from Max Allan Collins, per The Hollywood Reporter. In the series — which follows a post-Vietnam Marine sniper who joins a network of contract killers — Randall will play Detective Tommy Olsen, who investigates one of the murders.
* Discovery Channel has renewed Naked and Afraid for a third season.
* On the heels of The Royals‘ premiere, E! has greenlit another scripted pilot: The Arrangement, a drama that centers on a beautiful young actress who, after being cast in a summer blockbuster with a hunky actor, is presented with a contract that details a romantic relationship with her co-star.