If conflict breeds creativity, Nashville‘s Will Lexington is about to get seriously inspired.
Linn will recur as Bill Lexington, a hard-working family man who’s also deeply conservative — which will not bode well for his closeted son.
The actor will appear toward the end of Nashville‘s third season, with the option to return in Season 4, should the series be renewed. His recent TV credits include The Lottery and State of Affairs.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* British actor Mark Addy (Game of Thrones, Still Standing) has been cast in Super Clyde, CBS’ comedy pilot about a comic book-loving boy (The Middle‘s Charlie McDermott) who uses his late uncle’s inheritance to perform good deeds, our sister site Deadline reports. Addy will play Randolph, Clyde’s sidekick who assists with his charitable endeavors — a role originally filled by comedian Stephen Fry in CBS’ 2013 version of the pilot.
* Saturday Night Live alumna Nasim Pedrad has closed a deal with Fox and 20th Century Fox TV for a future comedy project in which she will star, per Deadline.
Popular on TVLine
* NBC has ordered six episodes of The Island, presented by survivalist Bear Grylls, in which 14 men must make do on a deserted island without any modern-day luxuries.
* Mad Men‘s Aaron Staton has joined Ray Donovan‘s upcoming third season, Deadline reports, in the recurring role of Mr. Donellen, a tough-but-fair high school teacher with a tragic past.
* Season 3 of BBC America’s Ripper Street will bow Wednesday, April 29, at 10/9c.
* Disney starlet Zendaya will host this year’s Radio Disney Music Awards, taking place Saturday, April 25.