The ubiquitous Patrick Fabian (Grey’s Anatomy, Big Love, Veronica Mars) and an Orphan Black alum have joined the cast of AMC’s upcoming Breaking Bad prequel Better Call Saul, our sister site Deadline reports.
Fabian will play a lawyer named Burt, while Michael Mando (aka Sarah’s ex, Vic, on Orphan Black) will portray Spanish-speaking career criminal Eddie.
Additionally, Rhea Seehorn (Franklin & Bash) will co-star as an attorney named Beth.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* Bravo is developing a Rules of Attraction series that would unravel a college murder mystery by telling the same story from 12 different points of view, per Deadline. Also in the works at the cable net are the scripted projects Shanghai, an ensemble drama about a group of ex-pats living in China, and Sweet Life, a family drama set in the Inkwell area of Martha’s Vineyard, where affluent African-Americans frequently vacation.
Popular on TVLine
* Ryan Seacrest will return to host American Idol‘s upcoming 14th season, Deadline reports, adding that the emcee’s contract also affords him the option of returning for Season 15.
* E! has given a greenlight to The DVF Project, which will follow designer Diane von Furstenberg as she searches for her fashion house’s first-ever DVF Global Brand Ambassador, per Deadline. The series is expected to debut in late 2014.
* Trailer time! First, get a peek at at Masters of Sex‘s emotional new teaser for Season 2, premiering July 13 on Showtime (via The Hollywood Reporter)…
* … then take a look at a new promo for Starz’s Power, the Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson-produced drama starring Omari Hardwick (Being Mary Jane) as a successful night-club owner using his elite hotspot as a front for his lucrative drug network. Power premieres Saturday, June 7, at 9 pm ET/PT.Follow @VladaGelman