Yes indeed, a regular character will pay the ultimate price on The Simpsons during the Fox comedy’s upcoming 25th season — the first since Maud Flanders unexpectedly reached her expiration date back in February 2000 — producers revealed in a conference call this week.
Who will be pushing up animated daisies?
“I’ll give you a clue that the actor playing the character won an Emmy for playing that character, but I won’t say who it is,” executive producer Al Jean told Canada’s Sun News.
The show’s list of winners in the Outstanding Voice-Over Performance category include:
* Anne Hathaway as Princess Penelope (2010)
* Dan Castellaneta as Homer Simpson (2009)
* Kelsey Grammer as Sideshow Bob (2006)
* Dan Castellaneta as “various characters” (2004)
* Hank Azaria as “various characters” (2003)
* Hank Azaria as “various characters” (2001)
* Hank Azaria as Apu (1998)
* Dan Castellaneta as Homer Simpson (1993)
Additionally, six separate actors took home the prize in 1992 — Nancy Cartwright (Bart); Jackie Mason (Rabbi Krustofsky); Julie Kavner (Marge, Patty, Selma and Marge’s Mother); Yeardley Smith (Lisa); Marcia Wallace (Mrs. Krabappel); and Dan Castellaneta (Homer and Grandpa Simpson).
Popular on TVLine
That’s quite a few favorites to include in your death pool, Simpsons fans.
So what do you think? Any guesses as to which Springfield resident will be waltzing with the Grim Reaper? Any great ideas for how said character should be erased? Sound off in the comments!Follow @MichaelSlezakTV