Raising Hope is thisclose to nabbing one hot mama.
Melanie Griffith is in final talks to play the mother of Sabrina (portrayed by Shannon Woodward) on the hit Fox comedy, E! Online reports. While the deal isn’t done just yet, the site hears the Working Girl would appear in multiple episodes during Season 3, which debuts Tuesday, Oct. 2 at 8/7c.
RELATED | Fall TV Grid — What’s On When? And Versus What?
Griffith most recently starred in the ill-fated American Housewife, a drama pilot for Lifetime executive-produced by her husband Antonio Banderas.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• General Hospital alumna Tamara Braun is headed to Necessary Roughness as Dr. Dani’s little sis, TVGuide.com reports. The suds vet will first appear in Episode 14 of the USA Network drama’s current second season, the second half of which is slated to bow next year.
• ABC has pulled its Fred Willard-hosted improv summer series Trust Me With Your Life, replacing it with reruns of Wipeout. The cancellation, which likely stems from a drop in ratings, comes two weeks after the veteran funnyman was arrested for lewd conduct and consequently dropped from his PBS series Market Warriors.
RELATED | TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back in the Fall? What’s Toast?
• Jay Karnes (The Shield) has booked a recurring role on ABC’s new fall drama Last Resort, EW.com reports, playing the U.S. Secretary of Defense. The Andre Braugher/Scott Speedman-starrer premieres Thursday, Sept. 27.
• Canadian actor Michael Rowe will play DC Universe baddie Deadshot in an episode of The CW’s Arrow this fall, per TV Guide Magazine. The new superhero series launches Wednesday, Oct. 10.
• NBC’s new fall drama Revolution (premiering Monday, Sept. 17) has cast Derek Webster (Harry’s Law, Damages) in a recurring role. Per EW.com, he’ll play a rebel leader who clashes with Billy Burke’s leading man Miles.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?