Details surrounding his role are scarce, but per Vulture (which broke the news), Rudd’s politico will pop up on Parks within the next month. Meanwhile, as we first reported, Free Agents‘ Kathryn Hahn will play an adviser to Rudd’s character.
No word yet on whether Rudd will share scenes with his I Love You, Man leading lady — and Parks and Rec star — Rashida Jones.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Showtime’s House of Lies debuted to 1.6 million viewers across three airings on Sunday, besting the Season 1 premiere night for Homeland (which amassed 1.38 million). Of note, the House of Lies pilot had been available for nearly two weeks prior via online streaming and On Demand viewing, and Sunday’s ratings do not include non-subscribers who watched the episode as part of Showtime’s free preview weekend. Shameless Season 2, meanwhile, opened to 1.6 million viewers in its initial airing, improving on its series debut by 61 percent.
• Facts of Life alumna Geri Jewel will be paying a visit to Fox’s Alcatraz, TVLine has learned exclusively, appearing in circa-1960s flashbacks as the eccentric sister of deputy prison warden E.B. Tiller (played by Jason Butler Harner). Fox’s Alcatraz opens its doors to the public on Monday, Jan. 16, at 8/7c.
Popular on TVLine
• Tiva ‘shippers may want to avert their eyes… now: Perry Reeves is coming to NCIS as Tony’s former fiancée, Wendy. According to TVGuide.com, the Entourage vet’s recurring role begins on — dun, dun, dun! — Valentine’s Day, and will most certainly stir up some old feelings for the former flames.
• TNT has ordered a pilot for L.A. Noir, a drama series based on the acclaimed novel by the same name, which centers on “the epic battle” between Los Angeles Police Chief William Parker and mobster Mickey Cohen. Former Walking Dead showrunner Frank Darabont is an executive producer on the project and will write and direct the pilot.
• Country music star Miranda Lambert will make her acting debut in an upcoming episode of Law & Order: SVU, TVGuide.com reports. Lambert is set to play an actress accusing a reality show producer (played by Smallville‘s Michael McKean) of rape.
• ABC has given the green light to a drama pilot by Shield creator Shawn Ryan. Per Deadline, the potential series, titled Last Resort, is set in the not-so-distant future and follows the crew of a U.S. nuclear submarine who become fugitives after refusing to fire their missiles.
• Marcia Gay Harden (Law & Order: SVU) has landed the lead role in an NBC comedy pilot, titled Isabel. The potential series centers on a seemingly normal family raising a daughter with magical powers. Harden will play the titular character’s mother.
• Nip/Tuck alumna Rhona Mitra has been tapped as the new female lead in the upcoming second season of Cinemax’s Strike Back, per Deadline.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?