Mimi Rogers is set to appear in multiple episodes of the CBS staple, playing the mother of Ashton Kutcher’s Walden Schmidt, Deadline reports. Men‘s self-made millionaire apparently got his brains from his lookalike mom, who happens to be a noted primatologist.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Looks like The Closer is getting spun off without Corey Reynolds. Deadline is reporting that the actor has turned down a spot on Major Crimes, the long-running TNT drama’s upcoming offshoot. In the meantime, Reynolds has signed a talent holding deal at NBC.
• Everwood alert! Treat Williams has landed a guest spot on an upcoming episode of Law & Order: SVU. Per TVGuide.com, the NBC procedural has cast the Against the Wall actor as a former quarterback caught with an underage prostitute.
• Hellcats alumna Ashely Tisdale will appear in the Valentine’s Day installment of Fox’s Raising Hope, playing Jimmy’s fake girlfriend, per EW.com.
Popular on TVLine
• Jennie Garth is set to star in and executive-produce a half-hour comedy pilot for ABC Family, titled Village People. The 90210 alumna will play a single, career-driven woman who adopts a baby from a teen mom, whom she ends up “adopting” as well.
• Wilmer Valderrama (That 70’s Show) will guest-star on an episode of ABC’s freshman comedy Suburgatory, playing a new age spiritual (and sexual!) guru, TVGuide.com reports.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?