Glee‘s Naya Rivera just scored a nice gig for an up-and-coming starlet — hosting the GLAAD Media Awards.
Rivera, who plays closeted lesbian Santana on the Fox hit, has been named host of the 22nd annual event, to be held May 14 in San Francisco. Sex and the City alum Kim Catrall will be on hand to receive the Golden Gate Award for her tireless work with the LGBT community.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Recently retired WWE superstar Edge will visit Syfy’s Haven this season in the potentially recurring role of Dwight, a longtime resident of the spooky town and close confidant of Luke’s late father. Season 2 of the supernatural series premieres Friday, July 15 at 10/9c.
• Presenting…Celebrity Wife Swap, ABC’s new twist on the veteran reality series. The network has ordered a six-episode season of the offshoot, Deadline reports, though no celebs are yet attached to the project.
• ABC has pulled Jamie Oliver‘s Food Revolution from the lineup for the remainder of May sweeps, in favor of airing Dancing With the Stars recaps Tuesdays at 8. The British foodie’s do-gooder program will return June 10 in its Season 1 time slot, Fridays at 9.
• Neil Patrick Harris will be back for more musical fun as host of the 2011 Tony Awards, Deadline confirms. The broadcast will air Sunday, June 12 on CBS.
• Parks and Recreation‘s Jim O’Heir (Jerry!) will pop up as a rich, tightly wound public figure during the second season of TNT’s Rizzoli & Isles, per ShaneSaunders.com.
• President Obama will sit down with CBS’ 60 Minutes this Sunday, May 8, to discuss the capture and killing of longtime terrorist-at-large Osama bin Laden.
• Modern Family‘s Nolan Gould (aka Luke) has joined the cast of Chiller’s first-ever original movie, Ghoul. The breakout child star will play the flick’s fearless lead character.
• And just for fun: Our favorite funnylady Amy Poehler is the latest star to stop by Always Open, the web series hosted by Dave Koechner‘s (The Office‘s Todd Packer). Promise, it’ll brighten your day.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?