Dwayne Johnson is really carrying this weekend’s Saturday Night Live finale.
In a new promo for his SNL hosting stint this Saturday (NBC, 11:30/10:30c, live coast-to-coast), the wrestler-turned-actor tries to save his strength for the show by having cast member Beck Bennett carry him around. But with The Rock in Studio 8H, the ensemble is soon jumping on his back.
Press PLAY above to watch Johnson’s display of strength.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* Late Late Show host James Corden will return to host the 2018 Grammys, CBS announced at its annual upfront presentation on Wednesday.
* Amazon’s The Man in the High Castle has tapped William Forsythe (Boardwalk Empire) to portray FBI director J. Edgar Hoover during Season 3, our sister site Deadline reports.
* Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man) has joined the cast of Tracy Morgan’s upcoming TBS comedy series The Last O.G., playing the head of the halfway house where Tray (Morgan) comes to stay after prison.
* TNT has given a pilot order to the drama Highland, starring and co-written by Margaret Cho (Drop Dead Diva). In the project, inspired by the actress’ own history with substance abuse, two dysfunctional Korean-American families who share the same patriarch come together after tragedy strikes — and find that the most reliable person among them is the one who just got out of rehab.
* HBO has given a straight-to-series order to the drama Lovecraft Country, from Jordan Peele’s Monkeypaw Productions and J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot, Deadline reports. The anthological horror series is based on Matt Ruff’s novel about 25-year-old Atticus Black, who embarks on a road trip across 1950s Jim Crow America to find his missing father.
Looking forward to Margaret Cho’s show!
Funny how it took all 16 of them on Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson’s back in one hilarious promo.