Ciarán Hinds is headed to Middle-earth.
The Rome and Game of Thrones vet will recur during Season 2 of Prime Video’s The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power, TVLine has learned. The fantasy epic has also added Rory Kinnear (Penny Dreadful) and Tanya Moodie (The Man Who Fell to Earth) — all in undisclosed roles.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* Season 1 of Hulu’s How I Met Your Father is getting a second run on cable network Freeform, Variety reports. Back-to-back episodes will air for five weeks, every Tuesday at 10/9c, beginning April 25.
* The Shield‘s Michael Chiklis will star opposite Danny Pino in MGM+’s forthcoming crime drama Hotel Cocaine, per Deadline.
* Minx — which was rescued by Starz after its cancellation at HBO Max — will get a linear showcase beginning March 24, with Season 1 episodes airing every Friday at 9:30 pm, ahead of Season 2’s debut (premiere date TBD). As previously reported, all Season 1 episodes will also be available via Starz’s streaming app on the 24th.
* PBS Masterpiece’s adaptation of Henry Fielding’s classic novel Tom Jones — starring Solly McLeod (House of the Dragon), Sophie Wilde (You Don’t Know Me) and Hannah Waddingham (Ted Lasso) — will premiere Sunday, April 30 on the PBS Masterpiece Prime Video Channel.
* Eva Longoria’s feature directorial debut Flamin’ Hot — “the inspiring true story of Richard Montañez (Jesse Garcia) who, as a Frito-Lay janitor, disrupted the food industry by channeling his Mexican-American heritage to turn Flamin’ Hot Cheetos from a snack into an iconic global pop culture phenomenon” — will bow on Disney+ and Hulu on Friday, June 9.
* Disney+ has set a Wednesday, May 3 release date for Ed Sheeran: The Sum of It All, a four-part docuseries that takes viewers on “a journey around the world, spotlighting how an unlikely child with a stutter rose to fame to become one of the biggest global music superstars,” as well as released a trailer:
Which of today’s TVLine Items pique your interest?
I’ve noticed Disney branded networks have been playing a lot of Disney+/Hulu originals lately…. Honestly they need to be keeping these in their back pocket for when the potential writers strike happens
Makes sense it’s cheaper and it gets it in front of more people who don’t necessarily have Hulu or Disney plus although I’m surprised it’s not on fox like the original but I supposed they wanna try something different which is fine
I had no idea that Starz rescued Minx. This news totally made my day! I hope viewers who haven’t seen it yet find it on Starz and enjoy it as much as I did.
I just learned that Freeform was airing The Watchful Eye and I think its a great way to entice people to go watch the shows on Hulu if you don’t want to wait for the next episode to air since they are all on there.
So happy Minx is coming back. Looking forward to the new season.