Get ready to meet a real American hero(ine): Amazon is developing a live-action G.I. Joe series centered on Lady Jaye, our sister site Deadline reports.
The series will be a standalone story centered on the covert operative played by Adrianne Palicki in 2013’s G.I. Joe: Retaliation, and will connect to the larger G.I. Joe universe. (Lady Jaye has been a part of G.I. Joe’s cast of characters dating back to the ’80s animated TV show.) Erik Oleson (Arrow, Marvel’s Daredevil) will create the series and serve as showrunner.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* Ozark has cast Bruce Davison (The Fosters, Kingdom) in a recurring role in the drama’s upcoming fourth and final season, per Deadline. He will play Randall Schafer, a retired U.S. Senator who is used to doing things his way.
* Wagner Moura (Narcos) will star opposite Elisabeth Moss in the Apple TV+ series Shining Girls, our sister site Variety reports. He’ll play a veteran journalist who’s investigating a copycat attack after Moss’ character survives a brutal assault.
* Two new Transformers animated series are in the works at Netflix and Nickelodeon, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Netflix’s Transformers: BotBots will follow characters that appear as everyday objects in a mall before transforming at night. Nickelodeon’s series “will follow a new species of Transformers who are looking for their place among the Autobots, Decepticons and the human family that adopts them.”
* Phoebe Robinson (2 Dope Queens) will star in and write a TV adaptation of her book Everything’s Trash, but It’s Okay for Freeform, per THR. The half-hour comedy pilot follows a thirtysomething podcast star navigating her messy life.
* Netflix has released a trailer for the duo cooking competition Nailed It: Double Trouble!:
Which of today’s TVLine Items pique your interest?