×

Michelle Obama Documentary Becoming Set at Netflix — Watch Teaser

Michelle Obama’s best-selling memoir is Becoming a documentary film, courtesy of Netflix.

The streamer announced on Monday that the doc, also titled Becoming, will take viewers behind-the-scenes of the former First Lady’s 24-city book tour. It will debut on May 6.

“Those months I spent traveling — meeting and connecting with people in cities across the globe — drove home the idea that what we share in common is deep and real and can’t be messed with,” Obama said in a statement. “In groups large and small, young and old, unique and united, we came together and shared stories, filling those spaces with our joys, worries, and dreams. We processed the past and imagined a better future. In talking about the idea of ‘becoming,’ many of us dared to say our hopes out loud.”

Higher Ground Productions, the company formed by Michelle and Barack Obama, is producing Becoming. In 2018, the Obamas signed a mega-overall deal with Netflix. Their first project, American Factory, won the Oscar for Best Documentary Feature earlier this year.

Obama’s memoir, Becoming: A Guided Journal For Discovering Your Voice, was the top-selling book of 2018.

Comments are monitored, so don’t go off topic, don’t forkin’ curse and don’t bore us with how much your coworker’s sister-in-law makes per hour. Talk smart about TV!

1. Tom says:

Hard pass.

2. Dudes says:

Can we cancel this instead of the last 15 shows Netflix did?

• Hannah says:

Becoming broke the record for opening sales in the US and went on to sell over 10 million copies within a few months of release. I’m sure that more people care about this doc than “Turn Up Charlie” lmao.

• Dudes says:

I just want like 100 more episodes of Atypical.

I also never want to see a Trump, Clinton, Obama, Bush ever again unless it’s a trial for war crimes.

3. Angela says:

LOL, all these people getting bent out of shape over something nobody’s forcing them to watch. Apparently hearing from intelligent, compassionate women who actually do good things for others is too much for some people to handle, I guess.

4. VetMom says:

When I worked at Main Treasury in DC I prayed to get a glimpse of this First Family!! Haha I forgive Sasha! #GoBucks!! Hahaha I always said dems lost making police scapegoats for our crime/poverty in dem ran ruined cities!! Still luv the Obamas….now back to Last Kingdon S4 soooooo good!

5. Hadden says:

Preparatory to Dim Joe drafting her as his running mate? Ruthlessly hard pass.

6. TB says:

Love!! Can’t wait to watch it.