Scott has been cast as the DC Comics baddie Lady Eve, who presents herself in Freeland as the owner of a funeral parlor, but quickly becomes an adversary to Cress Williams’ titular hero. The consummate professional serves as a bridge between villain Tobias Whale (Marvin “Krondon” Jones III) and a secret group of corrupt leaders.
Scott previously starred in the BBC/HBO series The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency. Her other TV credits include Being Mary Jane, Fringe, Law & Order: SVU and Girlfriends.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* Chicago P.D. has tapped Anabelle Acosta (Ballers, Quantico) to recur during Season 5 as Camila, a character whom Halstead encounters while working undercover, our sister site Variety reports. The detective’s interaction with Camila and her family brings up a lot from his military past.
* Code Black has promoted Emily Alyn Lind, who plays Dr. Leanne Rorish’s soon-to-be-adopted daughter Ariel, to series regular for Season 3, our sister site Deadline reports.
* Season 3 of the horror-comedy series Ash vs. Evil Dead will premiere on Sunday, Feb. 25 at 9/8c on Starz.
* Netflix’s comedic anthology Easy will return for Season 2 on Friday, Nov. 1, with new cast members Aubrey Plaza (Legion), Michaela Watkins (Casual), Judy Greer (Married) and Joe Lo Truglio (Brooklyn Nine-Nine), among others, per The Hollywood Reporter.
* Watch a trailer below for YouTube Red’s upcoming original series Lifeline, starring Zach Gilford (Friday Night Lights) and executive-produced by Dwayne Johnson’s Seven Bucks Digital Studios. Premiering next Wednesday, Oct. 11, the eight-episode sci-fi thriller explores a not-too-distant future in which a life insurance company sends its agents forward 33 days in time to prevent the accidental deaths of its clients.