Tyler Posey Jane the Virgin

Tyler Posey Joins Jane the Virgin as... Jane's Mysterious First Love?

Oh, so Jane’s got a secret hairy-guy fetish.

Teen Wolf man-beast Tyler Posey is joining the cast of Jane the Virgin as someone from our titular heroine’s past, TVLine has learned. He will make his first appearance in the May 22 Season 3 finale and is slated to return for the already-ordered Season 4.

One has to wonder if Posey’s character is the same guy referenced in the March 27 episode, which opened with the Narrator saying Jane “has been passionately in love with exactly three men in her life. The first was…. actually, I’m not ready to introduce him yet. We’ll get there.”

Posey recently wrapped work on Teen Wolf‘s sixth and final season. The series’ final episodes will begin airing later this summer.

1. Casey says:

lol what a terrible picture of him. He’s cuter than that. That being said, I don’t know if he can hold his own opposite Gina Rodriguez and Jaime Camil. I hope he surprises me! Also, what a small world Hollywood continues to be – Tyler working with Gina after she was in Deepwater Horizon with Dylan O’Brien.

• Emily says:

are you kidding? he has grown into such an amazing actor

• Josh says:

As a watcher of Teen Wolf, I’ll say he’s passable but not brilliant. I mean, when he’s surrounded by the younger actors(who are awful) sure, but when there is a Scott scene with the sheriff or his mom or Argent or Stiles or Lydia, his weaknesses really show.

I can’t imagine it being any better here.

• Kate says:

Amazing actor? Where? I think you must confuse him with someone else because Posey is one of the worst actors on Teen Wolf.

• Anto says:

He’s definitely not among the worst. I think Tyler Posey is a fine actor who’s grown over the span of the series. I’ll grant you in the early seasons, he wasn’t very good, but now he can turn in some great performances.

• Casey says:

He’s gotten better over the years. It’ll be interesting to see him embody a different character, play off different actors, and work in a different show tone and setup. Maybe this will really agree with him. I am looking forward to seeing him on a show I already watch and hope that he blends in well. And has a bigger part than that really background “why did they cast a known actress?” role that Minka Kelly had for a few eps.

• Temperance says:

Really terrible picture…

2. Mitch says:

Nooo! I guess he can be lucky that he’s Latino because that is probably the only reason why he got that job. His acting is horrible.

3. JoshAlso says:

Hmmm, he’s a little young and honestly not a very good actor. It’s a strange choice for the show.

4. I’m glad to see most of the people agree. I’m honestly baffled as to how he got this role. Gina will own him in their scenes, he is a terrible actor.

5. Rebecca says:

I like him. He is Hispanic, slightly younger than Gina Rodriguez (25 to her 32), and personally I think he’s cute. He can’t be THAT bad to have had a series for the past 6 years. Anyway.
    But to bring him in for ONE episode right before it goes on hiatus? groan :)

• Tumblefish says:

He’s not people are being overdramatic. He’s perfect for a show like this but Gina is obviously the best actor on the show so it should be interesting to see how they mesh together

• Kendra says:

It was on MTV and was their highest rated show (still had minuscule ratings) and any interest wasn’t for him.

6. Chris says:

Never seen this guy in anything. Not excited. Just want Brett Dier back!!!

7. Tumblefish says:

Finally I’ve wanted posey on this show for god knows how long looking forward to see what his character does.

8. wow, i’m surprised, he’s cute, sure, but a terrible actor

9. R says:

If they wanted to cast a Hispanic guy, they could have cast Diego Boneta instead

10. dancmh says:

Can we please just get a CW job for Holland Roden, please? Something more than a bad guy of the week on one of the DC shows? Legends needs new blood.

11. Flashrow says:

Poor guy, what a downgrade

12. Dani says:

I think all seasons are pretty good the characters are amazing can’t wait for season 4 some people aren’t very nice on this page so you need to be carful what you write on public pages

13. Peter Alexandris says:

Ouch harsh commentators. Tyler is not bad at all.