Season 12, Episode 12

Ratings: Supernatural and Chicago Med Tick Up, Training Day Dips Some More

The CW’s Supernatural this Thursday drew 1.81 million total viewers and a 0.7 demo rating (per finals), ticking up on both counts week-to-week. Leading out of that, Riverdale (1.14 mil/0.4) dipped.

Elsewhere…..

ABC | Grey’s Anatomy (7.7 mil/2.1), Scandal (6.1 mil/1.6) and HTGAWM (4.6 mil/1.3) were all steady.

NBC | Superstore (3.7 mil/1.1) and Powerless (2.5 mil/0.8) were steady, while Chicago Med (6.1 mil/1.2) ticked up. The Blacklist (4.76 mil/0.9) was flat in the demo while dipping to another all-time audience low.

CBS | Big Bang Theory (13.5 mil/2.8) was steadyish, The Great Indoors (8 mil/1.6) rose a tenth and Mom (7.9 mil/1.5) and Life in Pieces (6.3 mil/1.3) were steady. Training Day (3.8 mil/0.7) dipped some more in Week 3.

FOX | MasterChef Junior (3.7 mil/1.1) and My Kitchen Rules (2.1 mil/0.7) each slipped two tenths.

Want scoop on any of the above shows? Email InsideLine@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Gerald says:

Supernatural was one of the best this season… maybe in many seasons. I hope people catch it on their PVRs

2. Kevin says:

The Blacklist so far this season is going downhill maybe because of the storyline involving Red Reddington becoming the target and who’s blaming for it. As for Training Day, looks like it could very well be on the verge of cancellation soon.

• Ron says:

I feel the same way about The Blacklist. With the ratings at an all-time low, it totally makes sense that they’d choose to create and debut a spinoff of a rapidly declining show. *eye roll*

3. Billy Bob Johnson says:

I’d say The Blacklist, Training Day, and My Kitchen Rules get the ax.

4. George says:

Training day is no lethal weapon. Of all the movies they try and adapt to tv format lethal weapon is the only one that is any good. Haha remember rush hour

5. QueenB says:

Scandal has returned in fine form. I’m hoping HTGAWM gets renewed for a fourth season. I can’t wait to see the two hour season finale of HTGAWM.

6. Haz says:

I’m actually enjoying Riverdale, but considering how much promotion the CW put into the show I’m sure they are not thrilled with the ratings. Hopefully it makes up for it on the app and when it premieres on Netflix. I’m not suprised Powerless dropped so much. I tried it, and it’s just not funny. If it gets renewed, which I doubt since Telenovela had similar ratings and was canceled, they need to retool the show.

7. Cosmin says:

Love Riverdale..
    CW finally has a new great show.

8. Carrie says:

Supernatural has been really good. I’m not surprised.

9. Robyn Huey says:

I truly miss limited. It was advertised as tvs new #1 drama. Then I hear its cancelled. What the heck is really going on. I want me some nzt. I want me some Brian Finch. I want me some limited.

10. Vanna says:

I blame NBC for the ratings of The Blacklist and The Blindspot…their previous timeslots were perfect. Not they are just lost in the clutter.

11. kmw says:

Didn’t seem like a good night. NBC is weird up down up down but I guess its a victory for Blaclklist that it didn’t slip. Didn’t expect Grey’s to slip but nice that Scandal and HTGAWM are steady. And it happened TBBT went under a three in the demo A little surprising even with the age of the show

12. Art says:

Glad to see SPN go up in ratings after that AMAZING ep – it was masterful, the acting was beautifully on point, the writing and directing were fantastic.. well done, everyone involved!