Exclusive

Once Upon a Time Is Casting Tiger Lily, Princess From Peter Pan's Neverland

Once Upon a Time is adding another princess to its world.

TVLine has learned that the ABC drama is casting the role of Tiger Lily, who in fairy tale lore is the princess of the tribe of Native Americans living on the island of Neverland (which Once visited in Season 3). In assorted incarnations, she has crushed on Peter Pan and been tormented by Captain Hook.

Once‘s version of the character, to recur starting with Episode 17, is described as “a force to be reckoned with.” Determined and resourceful, “she’s the kind of woman who’ll risk her life to save yours — and she’ll do it even quicker if it benefits her.” Beneath Tiger Lily’s tough exterior is someone who isn’t afraid to accept help, even if she’s reluctant to ask for it.

And yes, it’s safe to say that she and a certain hook-handed pirate have crossed paths.

Once Upon a Time — which resumes Season 6 on Sunday, March 5, with Episode 11 — is seeking a Native American actress in her late 20s to early 30s to fill the role.

Want more scoop on Once, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Frank says:

why does she sound like Emma?

2. Chet says:

The actress will probably be white with a tan, and her entire existence will be about a man rejecting her romantically.

• jtrattray says:

Given it says Native American hopefully they will actually cast a Native American woman, but yeah, I could see it being someone who is a quarter Native American or something similar.

3. Val says:

In ouat it would be tormented by Pan. And a crush on Hook. ;)

Can’t wait to see what they do with this.

• Nicky Aiuto says:

In your wishful thinking and trolling.

• Val says:

You do realise that Pan is the evil one in OUAT hence what i said from the article and how it was in disney. How hard is that to actually understand. Seems like you do it often with not understanding a comment by anyone

• Nicky Aiuto says:

I’m already well aware that Pan is Evil. Except his real identity and form is Malcom. It’s you who is doing it often with not understanding a comment by anyone yourself.

And here’s the thing. Right now there is no report of Pan returning or his actor Robbie. Not even Neverland yet. Incase you forgot, Neverland in this version does not allow grownups to stay in that world except children, unless they are willing to pay a price just like Malcom was warned by the shadow. And since they somehow hinted that Tiger Lily would be like 20 to 30 years old. And Tink was already spoiled to return in one episode, which is most likely ep 14. I made plenty of points here.

• Val says:

I personally dont care for Pan or if he returns. If he does good on the show for getting him esp IF they want to show some flashback with Tiger Lily. But who knows… i think she is another land thats my theory

4. Dominique says:

any chance this storyline could involve some flashbacks so that we can see pan again?

5. Val says:

The more i think about it, i think its dark realm where Black fairy is

6. I hope she doesn’t cause issues for my faves Emma and Hook when she’s there. I also hope she doesn’t have the type of past with Hook that Tink did that Colin and Rose mentioned at a con. Also do we really need another new person recurring in the last grouping of eps of season.

• Val says:

OUAT likes to play with that, i dont think it means anything lol.
      I think she is from the land of untold stories or dark realm so i think that could be interesting

• she had to have originated in NL period. maybe she ended up in land of untold stories though. I just don’t want Colin spending majority of 17 filming with whoever they hire over filming with Jen and the others like he is for 15. He’s mainly spent the filming of the ep they are on now with guest star cast.

• We seriously don’t need another person hook had sex with in the past back and helping with anything. and seriously what is she going to do to help anyone over the eps she’ll be around for.

7. Jennifer says:

I want to be excited about this but after what they did to Megara, I have no faith. If they do go through with casting a native American, that would be great though.

8. kris says:

I can’t stand Hook, so any episode that has anything to do with him is just a skip worthy episode for me. Loved it when the EQ knocked him out for almost the whole of episode 8, can we have more of that.

9. James says:

I know it’s never going to happen but I’m advocating for Hayley Atwell.

10. Joey says:

If they want a Native American actress, Kaniehtiio Horn springs to mind.

11. Ophir says:

It’s Pocahontas. I can bet. They are just masking it. Remember how they were casting Merida as Gold’s mother and Jasmine and Aladdin as Sheherezade and Sinbad? If they want to cover they are doing Pocahontas character, Tiger Lily would be the first character they would pretend they are doing. This is just my bet, but I don’t see them revisiting Neverland, and I remember Pocahontas was listed on the list of characters people want to see on the show the most and asked Adam and Eddy were pretty excited about the idea. And of course, they would cover every Disney princess on the show by including Pocahontas, except Tiana, but I’m sure Tiana is just a matter of time.

12. Byron says:

Well, I know she is not (and I hesitate to even suggest, given the attacks I will almost assuredly garner,) but… Odette Annable played Nola Longshadow very well on Banshee…! :)

13. Maria Alice Santos says:

The truth is that they will put a white to play the role of Native American.
    Like in the (Peter Pan movie of 2015)

14. DarkDefender says:

Julia Jones or Tinsel Korey. Both were in Twilight movies.

15. Jennifer Hernandez says:

Where do I sign up for the casting?

16. Lora says:

Shay Mitchell?

17. Cari says:

My money is on Moon Bloodgood from Falling Skies

18. Maria Alice Santos says:

Q’Orianka Waira would play a great role as Pocahontas or as Tiger Lily in the serie

19. Butch says:

Per an interview with Jennifer Morrison in EW, her contact is up in April. They are waiting to see if ABC wants another season and if so, what direction will they take the series and who will be back. She is very loyal to the show and wants to stay but everything seems very much up in the air right now depending on what ABC wants to do.

20. Nicky says:

It would have been nice if she had an affiliation with Snow. For two reasons: Snow would be known to the Indians as friend of the forest and it would have been cool if Tiger Lily and her tribe were the ones who gave Snow the Bandit Snow White costume.