The mysterious Man in the High Castle is finally showing his face.
Stephen Root (Justified, Boardwalk Empire) will take on the titular role during Season 2 of Amazon’s alt-history series, premiering Dec. 16.
Root’s character — who is tied to the Resistance movement in an Axis-controlled America — collects enigmatic films that seem to depict alternate versions of reality, as seen in the following sneak peek:
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* Paul Bettany (Captain America: Civil War) will portray Ted Kaczynski (aka the Unabomber) in Discovery Channel’s FBI crime series Manifesto, from executive producer Kevin Spacey (House of Cards) and showrunner/director Greg Yaitanes (House), our sister site Deadline reports.
* TLC singer Tionne “T-Boz” Watkins will guest-star on Days of Our Lives as a hardened, no-good prison inmate, EW.com reports. Her arc kicks off Wednesday and continues through January.
Popular on TVLine
* Bravo’s original series Imposters (formerly known as My So-Called Wife) will debut Tuesday, Feb. 7 at 10/9c. Check out a teaser for the upcoming drama, starring Inbar Lavi (Gang Related), Parker Young (Arrow, Suburgatory) and Stephen Bishop (Being Mary Jane):
* Daniel Brühl (Inglourious Basterds) and Luke Evans (The Girl on the Train) will star in TNT’s drama series The Alienist, about a criminal psychologist (Brühl) and newspaper reporter (Evans) investigating a string of brutal murders in New York during the Gilded Age.
* Amazon Studios has ordered two new children’s shows: the animated series Bug Diaries and the live-action Sid & Marty Krofft’s Sigmund and the Sea Monsters, based on the classic ’70s Saturday morning program.