Could Arrow‘s Prometheus be a woman?
I’m just going to casually (recklessly?) put that out there, in the wake of news that Juliana Harkavy — whose TV credits include episodes of The Walking Dead and Constantine — has been cast on the CW drama in the recurring role of Tina Boland, a detective (formerly of the Central City PD) who is no fan of costumed crimefighters.
Described as “brash but tactful, Tina isn’t impressed by anyone, let alone vigilantes like Green Arrow. She’s tough, speaks her mind and has the skills and experience to back it up,” reads the breakdown. She will first appear in the back half of the season, our sister site Variety reports.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well….
* Andrew Caldwell (Good Luck Charlie, Hannah Montana) will recur on Season 3 of iZombie as Harley Jones, a gun-loving anti-government extremist itchin’ to kill him some brainmunchers, Deadline reports.
* Jai Courtney (Spartacus: War of the Damned) has joined the Season 2 cast of Netflix’s Wet Hot American Summer, playing an indie movie darling sweet for Amy Poehler’s Susie, Deadline reports.
* Tony winner Idina Menzel will guest-judge Dancing With the Stars next Monday, she announced on Twitter.
* Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars and The Weeknd will perform at this year’s Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, to be held in Paris (meaning: no tickets for Matt) and airing Dec. 5 on CBS.
* The latest teaser for Netflix’s Marvel’s
Tyler Perry Presents The Defenders confirms that Jessica Jones‘ Carrie Anne Moss, Daredevil’s Elden Henson and Jessica Jones‘ Eka Darville will be reprising their roles as Hogarth, Foggy and Malcolm.